• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,324 Views, 25 Comments

Silly Stories of the Student Six - Level Dasher



A collection of short stories about the Young Six for Super Trampoline's Feghoot Festival.

  • ...
1
 25
 1,324

Ruined Breakfast (Contest Entry 2)

“These fancy gizmos from Canterlot are so cool! Maybe even— no, not better than stairs, but still!”

Silverstream gleefully lifted the handle of the new pancake press that had been added to the line in the School of Friendship’s cafeteria. After dropping the large pancake onto her plate, she shifted down the line and added some syrup on top.

“Would you chill with the stairs already?” Gallus deadpanned at her. Silverstream just stuck out her tongue at him.

“Could Gallus make pancake for Yona, please?” the young yak asked from beside him. “Yak hoof too short.”

Sandbar reached over and picked up the pitcher of batter. “I got it.” He looked over at Silverstream as he proceeded to carefully pour the batter so it filled every circular edge. “I’m with ya, these things are awesome.”

“Not as awesome as the gem cutter they developed,” Smolder said from the back of their group of friends. “There was even an article about it with Dragon Lord Ember and the Princesses unveiling it. Check it.”

She proceeded to toss the newspaper she was holding in Sandbar’s direction, and it landed in the batter he’d poured into the machine just as he closed it. The batter sizzled and spat out the sides.

“Ah! Smolder, what that for?” Yona cried, covering herself with a hoof. “You ruin breakfast!”

“Heh, sorry. You can make another, can’t you?”

Sandbar looked back at her and cocked a brow. “Yes, but that’s besides the point.”

Yona frowned. “Yona sorry, Sandbar. Could—”

“Yeah, I got it, don’t worry,” he replied with a smile. Yona beamed up at him as he carefully reached for the pancake in the machine by an edge of the embedded paper to prevent getting burned. She was about to reach for it before Sandbar shook his head and added, “No, don’t touch that one, Yona. It’s hot off the press.”