• Published 7th May 2020
  • 5,514 Views, 83 Comments

We're Done being rejected - White Dragon Emporror

  • ...
19
 83
 5,514

Other Side of a Coin

To say Twilight Sparkle was frustrated would be an understatement. For one, there was an extremely dangerous creature out in the city cannibalizing ponies. On the other hand, it seemed to only be targeting criminals; however, that was no excuse for murder. She didn’t know why but when she first encountered the creature she had a strange sense of familiarity with it. Another problem is the absence of one of her students, Spike the Dragon. She sighed deeply and laid her head down on her desk. I\t wasn’t that she didn’t know were the drake was it was what the drake was doing that worried her.

She stopped by the orphanage a few times and talked to the elderly caretaker that acted as the teen drake's guardian. Apparently, Spike was constantly in his room tinkering with something. The caretaker said he seemed to only go out in the late evening or practically at crack of dawn. From what the elderly unicorn said he really didn't eat much nor does he interact with other inhabitants of the facility. The caretaker would always ask the Princess of Friendship if she could help him. The Element of Magic never really had a proper response for the old mare on small "I'll try"s.

Abruptly, Twilight's head snapped up with an idea. Honestly, she didn't want someone with such a gifted mind to isolate themselves to such a degree. Knowing she had a part to play in the situation also didn't help. Up until that fateful day, the two interacted very scarcely and mostly positive with a few moments of tension. Mostly due to the drake's introverted personality and his reluctance to participate in certain activities. In her opinion, he kinda reminded Twilight of a younger version of herself when she was still a student of Celestia.

Anyways, an idea began to brew in her head. Lately, she noticed the library has been getting more and more disorganized and messy. While her friends and Starlight help on occasion they are usually busy with their own things. Plus Starlight was technically her student, so she was too busy studying the materials she gave her. She needed someone specifically to help her with all her work and studies. Or in other words an assistant.

Author's Note:

Yo, so this technically was supposed to be the newest chapter, but because I’m dumb I forgot to post the previous chapter. That should’ve come out a while ago. Well sorry for the short chapter.

Enjoy!

P. S, Thank you all for the support and feedback I really appreciate it.