• ...
 8
 599

Chapter 1

The sun peeked over the horizon again, but was overshadowed by chatter from one student to another. Some students were outside the entrance of Canterlot High, whereas others were inside.

As people were minding their own business, they hardly noticed a teal car stopping along the curb to let out a slightly less anxious Fluttershy.

"And have a pleasant day, Fluttershy because you deserve it," her father told her with a gentle cadence in his voice.

"Thank you, Dad," she responded. Her smiles waned as she saw many students surrounding the front doors and schoolyard.

The one thing that was on the shy girl's mind was the four girls she got to know and befriend two days prior.

I really hope the girls are here today, she thought. As she walked further down the pavement, she could feel her legs tremble and her pink hair falling over her face.

"Hi, Fluttershy!" Pinkie Pie suddenly threw herself over Fluttershy for a hug.

A red pick-up truck pulled to the curb, and there came Applejack and Big Mac. "Howdy, there! Have y'all seen Rainbow Dash and Rarity?"

"I have no idea! But they're definitely gonna join us!" Pinkie answered.

"Are you sure? I mean...um...w-we know that we all confirmed our, um, friendship, but...um, what if, um, something happens and we're...harrassed?" Fluttershy asked in her gentle but cautious voice.

"Then I'll kick the loser in the ass if they've got a problem with us," declared a cocky but very protective voice from behind Fluttershy and Pinkie.

"Good," Fluttershy whispered with a sigh of relief and a soft smile.

"Unless you wanna go back to this piece a' hooey of this school on Saturday mornin'," Applejack warned.

"True. You've got a point there, I reckon."

Applejack laughed dryly.

"Anyway, where's Rares?" Rainbow looked away at the silver statue. "She better not bail," she mumbled.

The same white sedan that was seen last Saturday pulled up to the curb. Rarity had her Chanel sunglasses on. She was strutting down the roundabout, with her sun hat.

"RARITY! HEY! WE'RE HERE!" Pinkie waved her arms out to get her attention.

Rarity moved her attention to the four girls adjacent to the statue. She averted her eyes at first, but still walked over to them. Don't think about the status, don't think about the status, she thought firmly. Don't bail on them, then she turned her head back up to see the rainbow-haired athlete, and especially don't bail on her. She took a deep breath and made a beeline to them.

"Hello, darlings!" She exclaimed. Rainbow swept to Rarity and wrapped her arm around her waist and then squeezed it. She wanted to give Rarity a kiss, even a peck, but fought the urge to do so.

A few random girls were looking at the five girls and noticed Rainbow's arm around Rarity. Once she looked at them staring, she blushed a deep red and immediately removed her arm. Rarity noticed.

"What's wrong, darling?" She whispered.

"Look," Rainbow mouthed while cocking her head. The girls looked away, but started exchanging glances as they walked inside the building. Rainbow's eyes followed them.

"Shit," she whispered, "Now everyone's gonna be talking about us!"

She then stormed inside the school, but then stopped. Why am I such an idiot?! These jackasses will see me for being--- she shivered and slowly spun on her heels.

"Don't worry, Rainbow darling. Maybe they were looking at someone else--"

"I know what I saw." Her voice dropped to a gravel whisper. "Us."

Concerning eyes were glued on Rainbow's glossy ones, and mouths that wanted to open didn't. All of them slowly walked inside.

Several pairs of eyes immediately focused the five distinct girls. Some students backed away whilst some strolled to them.

"Um, why is everyone looking at us?" Fluttershy whispered.

"Ain't got a clue," Applejack whispered back.

"Hi, everybody! Is this a game?" Pinkie asked with the biggest smile she could convey. The people just reacted with exchanged glances and snickers. Her smile diminished.

"What do you think, crackhead?!" A random person teased. "You think everything's parties and games?! Huh, must've jumped off a cliff too many times!" Another person piggybacked a friends of his, crossed his eyes, and stuck his tongue. "Doiiii!"

"I reckon that's enough of goofin' around!" Applejack yelled through clenched teeth.

"Aww, what are you gonna do about it, redneck?" Another person mocked as she strode to Applejack and butted heads against hers.

"Well you're 'bout ta find out," the cowgirl hissed. "Keep bullyin' a sweet girl like Pinkie, an' you'll be in the library on Saturday mornin'."

Rarity, her sunglasses and hat still on, slowly backed away.

"Yeah, you BETTER stay away from us, or you'll be getting two fists--"

Rainbow's fist ran up and across the girl's face. "Keep talkin', bitch, keep talkin'!!"

Rarity wanted to defend her friends, but she felt herself to distance herself some more. She already dealt with punching someone in the face, despite that someone being a ludicrous douche, and didn't want to deal with it again.

"Perhaps this has gone too far?" She suggested. The four girls including the punched one looked toward the even paler Rarity, if that was even possible. The bystanders followed their gaze.

I've always wanted attention, but not this way, the fashionista thought.

"We girls would appreciate it if all of you'd leave us alone."

A girl with heliotrope skin and purple hair walked up to Rarity.

"Rarity, you're....friends with them?"

Don't bail ".....Um...yes, I am, Amethyst," Rarity projected her voice, "I most certainly am."

Fluttershy made a small grin and Pinkie smiled from ear to ear. I guess she really is gonna have our backs, Applejack thought smiling.

"Then why does the Great and Powerful Trrixie suspect otherwise?! The Not-so-great and Prissy Rarity is wearing an awfully big hat and glasses to hide herself because--" Trixie quickly removed Rarity's hat.

"SHE IS EMBARRASSED!! ASHAMED OF TYING HERSELF TO THEM!!"

"Oh please, I am definitely not!" Rarity barked.

"First punching Blueblood, now associating yourself with these...outcasts?! It's like you want your popularity to be obliterated," Trixie's henchgirl retorted.

"And exactly what do you know about being popular or even having a reputation? Looks like you've sold your soul to the Imbecilic and Menacing Satan!" Rarity snapped back.

"Yeah! The Goony and Pathetic Trixie tries to 'expose' other people to be relevant, but fails every time cuz no one would give her the time of day!" Rainbow yelled. "You're a joke!!"

"If you're so proud to stand by the princess, why don't you just--" Trixie smirked, "kiss her."

Rainbow froze, her face losing color. "How does that even--"

"If you're so proud, accept it. The fact that you play on a different team. By the look on your face, I've found the chink in the armor. You. Are. Gay." Trixie placed her hands on Rarity. "Then again, we all knew."

The foyer went dead silent. Though Trixie pointed it out, Rainbow's cerulean skin turned to a paler gray pigment.

People have always assumed that she like girls, but no one ever took Trixie's approach and outed her. Or at least humiliated her and say the word in front of many students.

"Sexuality has nothing to do with this and you know it!!" Rarity spat as she swatted the cold cornflower-blue hands off her shoulders; she scrunched up her nose in repulsion.

Fluttershy walked up beside Rainbow Dash to touch her arm. Instead of rejecting her affection, Rainbow let her try to comfort her.

Rainbow refused to allow the angry tears at the back of her eyes to escape. She charged at Trixie and jolted her to the ground.

"I'D RATHER---SCRATCH MY---FACE WITH A----FUCKING CACTUS----THAN BE IN THE----SAME--VINCINITY---AS YOU!!!" She screamed. Immediately several students started taking out their phones and recording. Applejack instinctively grabbed one device away from a guy who was behind her.

"This aint' none of yer business!!"

"This is literally in front of us! Hell yeah, it's my business!" The guy added, "And take your grimy and crusty hands off my phone!!"

Rarity and Pinkie stretched her arms and legs out. Fluttershy tried her best, but was given glares and snarls by other people; she slowed backed in a corner. I can't do this! I just can't! It's too-- Pinkie grabbed the shy girl's hand to block the phones with her.

"This is not okay! Can't we just be nice to each other?! Please--" someone interrupted Pinkie's plea, and the party girl then lost her balance and fell on top of Fluttershy.

Rainbow was still giving Trixie more blows by the minute. Some students winced at the last try at the blue girl's nose; Trixie yelped in pain. Rainbow Dash got up, her fist showing a small blood stain. She was breathing very heavily and gravelly.

The rumors really took a toll on the athlete. If I get suspended, I don't care! She such a bitch. A ruthless, pathetic, smart-alecky bitch!! her thoughts screamed.

Trixie groaned. "The Great and Powerful Trixie's jaw is dislocated!!!" She bellowed. "You will pay for this, you barbaric beast!!!" She stomped off to the office--until a tall woman with flowy purple and teal hair placed her hand on the student's chest, thus moving backwards.

The same silence to Trixie outing Rainbow reappeared. People snuck their device back into their pockets. No one moved a muscle.

"WHAT is going on here?!" the principal projected. "This is outrageous and intolerable!! Miss Dash. Miss Lulamoon. In my office. NOW."

The two equally embarrassed girls stalked out of the large circle of people. Scared of their skins, students parted for Rainbow to leave.

The four girls joined each other as a way of intimacy and trust. "We have to do something," Pinkie whispered.

"Like what?" Fluttershy whispered back.

Author's Note:

Hi! Whoever is reading this chapter hopefully enjoys it! This is based off of the story called, "The Equus Club" by SharpSpark *the link to the story is in the description*

I am in love with that story. Personally, I've always wondered what it's like to focus on the Main 5(R, RD, AJ, PP, F) instead of the Main 7 because I feel like I as a viewer am given Twilight and Sunset's POV. They're all the main characters, we just don't see see the five of them as often.

More to come ❤❤❤

Comments ( 8 )

Will Fluttershy confess to Sunset in this fic?

9742889
There's a chance 😉 but it will be one of the later chapters, not that late tho

9743102
Btw, is Celestia principal of CHS, and is Luna vice-principal?

Not a bad beginning, it is nice to see a story focusing on just these five. Though I have to say, there was a lot of typos and other errors, plus a lack of description or clarity that resulted in some spots being overly vague and/or confusing (e.g. It was unclear who hit who at first.) So, there are some spots that’d deserve a little bit of polish.

9794995
How bout you private message me and we can talk. Highlight the the typos so I can fix them

9797078
Fair enough, give me a minute.

Aww incomplete?

Login or register to comment