• Published 28th Jun 2019
  • 2,361 Views, 19 Comments

Stuck in my own Fanfic - AntiBronyBenSwolo



The Dazzlings come across a fanfic author who banished himself into the human world. Unfortunately, that author is me.

  • ...
3
 19
 2,361

The Date (Oh boi)

The school day ended, and the four of us headed down to our shabby apartment. It wasn't too shabby for us anymore, but that could have been just us getting used to it. Anyway, as I laid down on the couch, Adagio looked down at me with her seductive eyes as if I had forgotten something. To be honest, I would have hoped they would have forgotten what they saw. I let out a groan of defeat and got back up. I headed over to the table where the three of them were waiting for me as if they were gonna play good cop/bad cop with me.

"OK, let's start this from the top," Adagio said as I gulped nervously.

"Do you have a crush on any one of us?" Aria asked, as if on cue.

"No. I just view you three as very close friends ever since I got here," I said, as honest as I could be.

"Then why did you like our gym outfits?" Sonata asked, pressing her finger down on the table. To be honest, I had no real answer for that.

"It's natural. I'm just a guy, you know," I said, in an attempt to humble myself.

"Duly noted. Now let's kick it up a notch," Adagio said, pressing her eyes on me like a cat seeking her prey.

"Since you're a fanfic author, controlling our world, you have the power to make us like you. Is that correct?" Adagio asked. I was sweating harder with every question. Perhaps they're a bit too aware that they're in my fanfiction.

"Yes. I may even be influencing this entire interrogation," I confessed, though I probably think that was a bad idea.

"BenSwolo, you're dealing with sirens here. Even if you can make us not like you, we can make it so you like us." Aria explained, joining in on Adagio's hunter stare. Sonata followed suit.

"I'm afraid that's not gonna happen, girls," I said, trying to get up and out of the conversation.

"Why? Do you have a girlfriend?" Adagio asked. And boy did I wish she did not ask that. For once, the characters have beaten the author.

"No." I sighed as I sat back down. The Dazzlings looked at each other triumphantly, then looked at me back, just sitting there all sad and whatnot. Soon enough, those hunting glares turned into looks of worry and sympathy.

"Hey, you alright?" Sonata asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. You just kind of got me there with that last question." I confessed.

"You hate being single, don't you?" Adagio asked, with just as much sympathy.

"Yeah, it's true. It's why I came here in the first place. To forget all about those worries. Of course, it looks like they followed me here, anyway," I said as clapped my hands and pulled a lobster roll out from under the table.

"Well, just don't forget what we said earlier," Adagio said, as the three of them got up, followed by me getting up.

"Even if you can't get us to like you, we can still get you to like us," Adagio said, with her finger on my chest. I further bit into my lobster roll.

"We'll even prove it to you. The four of us at the Canterlot Mall, and we just get ourselves a grand old time. If one of us manages to make your heart flutter, we win. If not, we just have to deal with Grouchy McGrouchface here. What do you say?" Aria offered. Adagio and Sonata knew what Aria meant, and so did I. We just had different feelings about it is all. For one, it would be nice to have a girlfriend. The downside is that I would have to choose just one, and I didn't tag this story for it to be romance (yet), so it's gonna be hard to find any loopholes. It's like I can see all the cards, but they're still stacked against me. I had to breathe in to process all of this.

"For the sake of this story, I accept your challenge." I sighed. The girls congratulated themselves at somehow getting into my mind. Of course, I would somehow have to get into their minds and block the whole thing, but I couldn't think of what to do next. I guess I'm going through with this.

"We'll give you a week or three to prepare. We still need money to at least get something from the Mall after all," Adagio confessed. Maybe there was my advantage point. If there was anything I was good at, it was buying time for my stories.

Thinking of what to do to advance the plot, I left the apartment and headed out for a walk, where I just whistled to myself. Albeit very poorly. As I walked, I was writing these events into my notebook, but at the corner of my eye, I noticed Rarity at the corner of my eye, as if I had Spidey-Senses or something. Rarity noticed me as well but kept walking as if it was nothing. Sunset must have told her about me. I had to think fast. My instincts told me to head on over to a newspaper stand and examine the newspapers, all saying the same thing. Except for one of them. One of them appeared to be a large yellow-brown cloth folded and tied up to the size of these papers. I removed the string on the cloth and saw a large map of Canterlot City. I dunno why I gave myself a Treasure Map, but I hope this little story arc is just what we need for this little bet. Of course, I had to keep it as secret as possible. Unless if the Dazzlings find me anyway, in which case I have to tell them. It's a basic storytelling rule, isn't it? Anyway, I stuck the map in my pocket and headed back to the apartment, hoping none of them would notice.

Author's Note:

Can I just say this chapter is the entire reason I wanted to write this story?
No?
Oh, OK.