• Published 26th Jun 2019
  • 464 Views, 3 Comments

Rise of the Element Gang, Book 2: Friendship Adventures - Power of Six



New heroes, new friends, new adventures. Join Dusk and the Element Gang as they learn about the true meaning of friendship.

  • ...
2
 3
 464

Prelude: Element Gang Morning

Prelude: Element Gang Morning

In Ponyville, it was coming close to five in the morning and all were still fast asleep. Even the six wielders of the Elements of Harmony and the members of the Element Gang. All seemed peaceful. But then, within the residences of Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity, mechanical tentacles with earbuds attached to the end of them appeared out of nowhere, only a single one in the rooms of the elementals, and gently put the earbud bit into the ears of said elementals, the five continuing to sleep afterwards and not even noticing them.


In an unknown location, a stallion sitting in a chair and veiled in shadow looked at a large computer screen in front of him as the screen displayed a green circle with a white check mark on it. With this, the control console beneath the screen then opened up a small circular section of itself and rose from it came a microphone. The stallion then pulled up something in front of him, revealing that he haves claws. The item he’s holding is a bugle horn which has its bell pointed at the microphone. As the clock began closing in on reaching five ‘o’clock, the stallion got ready to play the horn as the five elementals continued to sleep. He took a deep breath and, when the clocks finally struck five, the horn’s loud sound erupted from the earbuds and the sound blasted into the elementals ears.


In the homes of the elementals’ homes, all of them opened their eyes in shock as they woke up and screamed from the sound, falling out of bed. After falling out of bed, the five found the tentacles and then removed them from their eyes, finding the sound coming from them. While Rarity and Pinkie Pie were confused on where they came from, the three stallions growled as they glared before they yelled out “DUSK!” Their yelling was so loud that it could be heard from Ponyville.


Back in the unknown location, the stallion’s claws went typing on a keyboard on the console, the light revealing him as Dusk Noir, bright and awake with a smile. With one last type, Dusk watched as the screen display cut into five section with the fifth in the middle of the four that showed security camera feeds from the rooms of the five elementals, all groaning as they were still tired from waking up so early. The stallions continued to glare at the tentacles.

“Oh, what in Equestria is going on?” Rarity asked, still confused by her sudden awakening.

“Morning already?” Pinkie Pie said as she rubbed her eyes to wake up.

Just then, the stallions’ housemates came in with looks of concern (Rainbow Dash with more annoyance than concern), the stallions looking at the mares as they came through the door.

“Shield, what the heck?” Rainbow angrily asked as she glared at Shield.

“Dog, what’s wrong?” Applejack asked as she came into Dog’s room.

“Leon, are you okay?” Fluttershy said with concern as she went Leon’s room.

“You want somepony to blame, Dash? Blame Dusk.” Shield said as he glared back at the tentacle.

“It’s nothin’, AJ.” Dog said doing the same as Shield. “Just another one of Dusk’s wake-up calls.”

“I’m fine, Flutters.” Leon said, repeating Shield and Dog’s actions. “A little tired but okay.”

“Good morning.” Dusk said as his voice sounded from the earbuds, making the girls look at the tentacles in shock.

“Dusk?” Rarity said, still surprised by this.

“Dusk, is that you?” Fluttershy asked, surprised by this.

“Whoa!” Pinkie said she checked out the tentacle. “Dusk, I didn’t know you had tentacles.”

“Dusk, what’s goin’ on?” Applejack asked, confused by this

“Dusk, what the heck are you doing?” Rainbow said, angrily. “Do you even know what time it is?”

“Yeah, it’s me.” Dusk said. “Now I’m only gonna tell you girls two things: one, I don’t have tentacles, Pinkie. Those right in front of you are earbud vines, a mechanical plant that is made to transmit sound to where they can only be heard by the selected pony for them. Two, sorry for the rude wake up, girls. You can go back to sleep.”

Just like that, the girls then moved on to go back to sleep. But, before Rarity and Pinkie could fall asleep, the vines then pulled them back out, surprising them.

“Whoa! Rare, Pinkie, what are you doing?” Dusk asked them.

“Um…getting my beauty sleep?” Rarity said, confused by this.

“Duh! You said that I could go back to bed.” Pinkie answered, just as confused as Rarity.

“I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to the guys' roommates.” Dusk said to them. “They can go back to sleep, you two can’t.”

“What?” Pinkie said, shocked by this.

“Why not?” Rarity asked, just as shocked.

“Because the wake-up call was for you and the guys.” Dusk said to them. “It’s time to start the first day as the Element Gang. Just take your warp pads and I’ll explain it to you when you get here.”

This only confused the five elementals as they didn’t know what he was talking about.

“Huh?” Leon said.

“What are you talking about?” Shield asked.

“Warp pad?” Rarity said.

“Warp what?” Pinkie said.

“What’s a warp pad?” Dog asked.

“You’ll know when you find them.” Dusk said to them. “Just look for your Element Gang symbols. That’s where you’ll find your pads.”

With that, the vines then retracted into glowing, circular spots on the walls of the elementals’ rooms, which disappeared like they weren’t even there. With that…


Dusk: Six, you’re getting carried away again.
My team and I can take things from here.

Power of Six: Whoops!
Sorry. Go ahead, dudes.

Dusk: Thank you.
Now we’ll start with Shield as he tries to figure out where his warp pad is at.


Shield’s view

After that vine thing was gone, I looked around to figure out what Dusk was talking about.

“Find my symbol? What the heck does that mean?” I said as I looked around until I looked at my book shelf. “Huh?”

It wasn’t a large one and it had my copies of Daring Do in it (which I didn’t tell Dash about), but it definitely looked different. It was actually…wider? Instead of just having one slide door, it had two. Though the new one looked weird. While the rest of the shelf was brown, the handle was an orange knob and in the middle with this line going to the corner with these weird orange symbols at the side. Though, when I got it all together, I saw it was my family’s element symbol. To fix it, I got the idea of moving the knob to the right spot and it worked. After that, the symbol glowed and I watched as part of my wall opened up. It looked like a secret room. In it was this weird looking platform made of crystal. I only had one thought in my mind right now: how in Equestria did this thing get here?


Leon’s view

After that tentacle was gone, I began wondering what Dusk meant by find my symbol. I began looking around and saw my painting of me and my old circus friends, little gift from them to remember them by, and saw it changed. On it was this weird blue balloon right at the side. It was without a string and on the ground. When I got a closer look, I saw it wasn’t a balloon, it was my family’s element symbol upside down. I then looked closer and saw that the grass around it was upside down too. Seeing how it was, I decided to turn it around to fix it. After I did, the symbol glowed and I watched as a part of the wall opened up. On the other side of it was this weird platform made of crystal. I only had one question about this: What is this doing here?


Dog’s view

After that vine was gone, I began searching around for whatever Dusk was talking about. I found it at the front of my bed. It was this strange violet star, but I soon saw it wasn’t a star. This was my family’s element symbol, slightly crooked. I then decided to fix by turning it around. After doing that, the symbol glowed and I watched as part of the wall opened up with this weird fancy platform thing. Could this have been that warp pad Dusk was talking about?


Rarity’s view

Now this was rude. Calling a lady when she still needs her beauty sleep. Whatever reason would Dusk need to call me at this hour? Donning my rope and removing my beauty mask, I searched for what Dusk wanted me to find. Though I had no idea what Dusk wanted me to find. My Element Gang symbol? Now what in Equestria did he even mean? Though it wasn’t long until I finally found it. It was when I looked at my own roll rack that I found something amiss. On it were these strange green markings aligned with the very shelves. Amongst them was this green ring. I didn’t quite get what it meant until I looked at them at a different. I realized that they were actually parts of my family’s element symbol. I tried to move the curves, but they just wouldn’t turn. That was when I decided to try and turn the ring and, with it, the curves began to move. After finally setting it as the way it was supposed to look, it glowed in a dazzling green light. I then watched in awe as my own rack split apart and the wall behind it and revealing another room. I had no idea how this could even exist but I didn’t care as I gazed upon this beautiful crystal pedestal.


Pinkie’s view

Even though I wanted go back to sleep, I was so excited that Dusk wanted me to find something. Especially on my first day in this super fun team! I looked everywhere until I managed to find it. It was this weird yellow symbol on my bed. It looked like a small donut with two arrows pointing to this sideways mustache. I tried to see if it did anything and it did when I turned on the donut thingy. When I turned it, those arrows moved closer to the mustache. After it stopped turning, I then looked and saw it changed into my family’s element symbol. It glowed and I looked as my wall opened up and I saw this sparkleriffic thingy-nabob.


No one’s view

After finding these strange platforms, the five elementals went to stand on each one. After standing on them for a moment, the platforms glow and a ring of light burst from them and surrounded them. While Shield, Dog, Leon, and Rarity were shocked by this, Pinkie Pie just giggled in excitement. When the light disappears, all that is left are the platforms. Then the room transforms and returns to its rightful state before the five found those symbols. Back with them, they all screamed out as they traveled through this streams of light in a star-filled void, Shield, Dog, Leon, and Rarity screaming in fright of it while Pinkie Pie screamed out in excitement.


Dusk’s view

Back with me, I turned off the security feed after my teammates found their warp pads and then went off to welcome them. To where exactly? Well, you’re about to find out. I then watched as the warp pads flashed and saw my teammates standing on them, Pinkie just amazed by it like she just went on a cool carnival ride while the others were just giving looks of absolute fright.

“That was so cool!” Pinkie said as she jumped in excitement. “Can we go again?”

“NO!” Rarity quickly said to her, shocking all of us. She then remembered herself and regained her composition, clearing her throat. “I mean…Pinkie, I believe we have more important matters to discuss.”

“You’re correct, Rarity.” I said before I motioned them to follow me. “Follow me. Breakfast is ready for ya.”

The guys regained their composition and followed behind me, no doubt them along with the girls were wondering where they were. There was a little silence until…

“Hey, Dusk, where are we?” Leon asked me.

“Yeah, what is this place?” Shield asked.

“Oh, this?” I said, talking about where we were now. “A little something to help us with our hero work, something that every Element Gang needs.”

“Well, what is it?” Dog asked me.

I then turned around as I got ready to present our latest addition to our lives.

“Ladies and gentlecolts, welcome to…our new Element Gang Headquarters!” I said as I motioned around the place, the lights that I had turned off for effect now coming back on to show the amazing, spectacular, high-tech majesty of our new headquarters. “Or EGHQ for short.”

They all expressed their amazement in their own ways as they saw all the amazing machinery around here.

“Wait.” Pinkie said as she raised an eyebrow and we all looked at her. “Ef Qwa?” She then giggle a little before adding “That’s a silly name.”

“What?” I asked her as me and the others were confused by this.

“You know, E-G-H-Q? Egh Qwa.” She answered.

I smiled a bit in amusement as she just being Pinkie before speaking to her.

“No, not Egh Qwa, Pinkie.” I said as I explained. “Just EGHQ. That’s the acronym.”

“Nice.” Shield said as he looked around with a smile. “Our own underground headquarters.”

“Where did this come from?” Dog asked me.

“From Dragonis.” I said as I explained. “When I came back home yesterday, I found a note from him that told me how to find this place. Now that the six of us are together, we need a place to meet up at for Element Gang matters. So he gave us this place for us to do so.”

“Cool.” Dog said, amazed by this.

“How did he even set this place up?” Leon asked, still amazed by it all.

“He used a Base Seed, a special device that, when planted into the ground, it digs deep underground, then expands the space in its surroundings, and then creates a base like the one you see here.” I said, explaining how this worked. “The way it works is that made with a type of metallic plant that creates structures much like this and extensions of itself like the earbud vines.”

“Huh.” Leon said, amazed by this. “But how did it get those things in our rooms?”

“You mean the warp pads?” I said to him. “Well, to get down here, you need a warp pad which can transport anything anywhere that has another warp pad. The HQ tracked all of us down and remodeled our homes with a brand of technology that layers a certain space into a certain pocket dimension that can only be accessed through a single entrance located in the certain residence of the elemental it belongs to. In other words, it created a space big enough to hold a warp pad and made sure it was unnoticeable from anypony else.”

“Oh. That’s pretty cool.” Leon said, smiling at the thought of it.

“Hey, Rarity, why are you wearing a bath robe?” Dog asked as we all looked and saw she was wearing a robe.

“Do you expect me to leave my humble abode au natural?” she said to him, no doubt offended by the question. “I am a lady. I cannot simply be allowed to be seen in such a state.”

“What?” Dog said as we were all confused by this. “But you don’t wear clothes most of the time.”

“I still have my standards.” She said before she then froze with her eyes widen in shock.

We then looked and saw as a helper root came out from underneath her robe and gripped it by the collar. When Rarity saw it she shrieked in fright, even more as another came around and went underneath her.

“Aah! Get of me!” Rarity screamed as the root then undid the of her robe, causing it to open and another one appeared and the two then moved over to the sleeves and wrapped around them. “Somepony, get these awful things off me!”

“Rarity, calm down.” I said to her as I explained the situation. “They’re just Helper Roots, extensions of the base that help hang up and put away other ponies’ belongings such as hats, coats, and bags.”

“Then why are they removing my robe?” Rarity asked as she continued to struggle against the roots as they proceeded to remove her robe.

“Because it’s unnecessary for you to wear a robe down here.” I said as the roots managed to take the robe off her. “They’re just putting it away.”

Rarity then looked down and saw that she was in nothing but the fur that she on her body. She then screamed before she gave a mortified look and then tried to cover herself.

“Rare, you’re covered in fur!” I sternly said to her. “You’re not naked. It’s not like anypony’s gonna see you.” I then spoke under my breath to myself so nopony heard me as I turned away from her. “Now if you were human, it would be different. Along with a sight I do not need to see.”

“What was that, darling?” She asked me as I was surprised that she heard me.

“Nothing.” I said to her at a normal volume. “Also we’re a team. I think we’re all pretty much use to each other like this.”

“Hey!” I heard Dog yell as we both turned and saw him trying to keep away from a Helper Root that was following him, him holding onto his hat with his magic. “Leave my hat alone, ya thievin' weed!”

“Whoops!” I said as I went over to help him with it. “Wait, you don't need to take this one.” I said to the Root and it then went back to where it came from. I then spoke to Dog to apologize for that. “Sorry about that, Dog. System's still new, so it's gonna take a while for it to figure out what to and not to hang up.”

“I hope it ain't too long.” Dog said to me, canceling his magic. “I don't want anypony or anythin' touchin' my hat other than me.”

“It'll figure it out.” I said before we moved on to breakfast. “Let's just get to eating.”

With this, I then went over to the EGHQ computer and looked over to see Rarity think about it for a moment before she then calmed down and lower her hooves away from herself, now allowing herself to be comfortable. With this, I pressed the button on the console and the breakfast spread table appeared to the side of the room. Everypony was amazed to see the amazing assortment of breakfast food.

“Okay, everypony.” I said as I then began walking over to the table and grabbed a plate from the table with my magic. “Grab a plate and get what you need for breakfast.”

With that, the others then did and we all got our plates filled with enough food for breakfast. With that, I then used my metalbending to bring up the dining table and set it for six ponies, six seats for the six of us and silverware for each of us to use to eat our breakfast. With this, I then brought out a can of shmew-fu and put some on my plate, making my balance breakfast.

“Hey, what’s that?” Pinkie said as we ate, pointing at my shmew-fu.

“Oh, that?” I answered her. “It’s shmew-fu.”

“Ohhhh.” Pinkie said, looking like she knew what I meant before she leaned over to Leon and whispered “I don’t know what that is.”

“Oh, it’s some kind of food that Dusk haves to eat to balance his diet.” Leon explained to her. “Dusk can’t really go a day without it.”

“Ohhhh.” Pinkie said as she finally understood it before speaking to me. “Can I have some?”

“Sorry, Pinkie.” I said to her, knowing that was a bad idea as for the last time I gave somepony shmew-fu. “It’s only for Fire Dragons. Not really made for other elementals or even normal ponies to consume.”

“Awwww.” Pinkie said in disappointment as she stopped eating.

“Hey, cheer up.” I said as I tried to help brighten her mood. “At least you’re not stuck eating it. If I don’t eat it with every meal I get, I can’t be able to move. I mean, seriously. One time I gave up eating it for a week and I had to be brought to a hospital.”

That actually made her giggle and smile as she said “Well, when you put it that way…”

With that, she then went back to eating, enjoying every bite. Though what I said to her was true. It was dangerous to give anypony who wasn’t a Fire Dragon shmew-fu. The last pony that ate it…well, let’s just say it didn’t go out so well. Though I was glad I was able to fix this mare’s mood.

“Okay.” I said after we all got done and our fill of breakfast and I got to the control console. “Now that we’ve had breakfast. It’s time that we get to it.”

“Get to what?” Pinkie asked.

“To training.” I said as I then pressed the button and activated the elevator at the center of the room. “We need to make sure we’re in tip-top shape for whenever Equestria needs us and prepared for any situations.” I then went over to wait for the others. “Come on, let’s get going.”

With that, they all thought it over and decided to come over to stand with me on the elevator. I then selected the floor to go to and took us to the gym to make sure we were in perfect physical condition for hero work. The whole gym had everything, all the right exercise equipment for all of us. There was even a treadmill for Rarity which could be operated manually and by magic.

After getting done with our complete workout, me and the team then went down to the training dojo to work on our fighting techniques. With this, each of had a different part of the course made specifically for our skills. For me, it was with special reformation dummies, a kind of practice dummy that fights back and would repair themselves after being defeated and broke apart. They would keep fighting until either the fighter is defeat or the fighter ends the session. Three of them were part of the Tri-Threat arena. For Shield, he got Charger Track, a special moving tread portion of the course where you have to attack targets that pop up while you run. For Leon, he went through the Floor of Fire, where you have to take down set up targets without being scorched from the many burning funnels on the floor. And for Dog, he took the Rings of Doom, a special course for only the most agile fighters where you have to go through every hoop as you move around in the air, even practicing your punches and kicks.

Thanks to Dragonis’ private training course back at Canterlot, me and the guys made it through easily. Though the girls…didn’t go get through it as easy as we did. For Pinkie, she had to go through the Strike Gauntlet, a part of the course where you placed into a set of rotating practice dummies that are so close to each other that hitting one of them will cause a chain reaction making all the dummies rotate at once. For Rarity, she got the Pendulum Assault, where you have to push back swinging punching bags coming at you while keeping yourself on the rotating floors like a log roller. Seeing how it was their first time doing this, I told Rarity that all she needed to do was hit ten bags and told Pinkie that all she needed to was get through her course without getting hit. Just when they started, they were already having troubles. When Pinkie started, we watched as she got good at it for a minute, but then ended up stuck in the storm of attacks, getting hit at every part of her body while repeatedly saying “ow!”

“Whoa!” Rarity yelled as we looked back at her and saw her end up doing a split on two of the rollers of the floor. Luckily, like in log rolling, they only move as long as you’re moving. “Oh! Oh, that hurts!” she then turned and saw the punching bag that was heading towards her. “Aah!”

She then began screaming as she was sent flying across the course, me and the guys wincing as we saw it. When she landed, Pinkie got to where she was after managing to escape the Gauntlet. Though, after Rarity got up and Pinkie recovered from the hits, they both looked down as they saw they weren’t out of the course and that they were now on the Floor of Fire.

“Uh-oh.” They both said in worry before the floor began sending out flames.

They start shouting in pain as they were hit with blast of fire and they tried to escape the Floor. When they managed to, the four of us looked at them with concern as they came over, partly singed. After they got over to us, they both collapsed from exhaustion and pain looking at us with looks of tiredness.

“Well, that could’ve gone better.” Shield said as I went over to help the girls.

“You two okay?” I said as I helped them up.

“Oh, we’re quite alright, darling.” Rarity said to me.

“Yeah, though that wasn’t fun.” Pinkie said to me.

“Hey, it’s your first day. We weren’t so good on our first day either.” I said, remembering how me and the guys were on our first day on the course before speaking to the guys. “Right, guys?”

They all agreed and told them that everypony haves an off-day once in a while. With that, they smiled as they were touched by their words.

“Well, I think that’ll be all for today.” I said as I then began walking back towards the elevator. “Let’s get back to our homes and get ready for our normal day. We all have work that we don’t want to be late for.”

“Yeah, like his date with Twilight.” Leon said under his breath and he and the guys actually snickered.

“It’s not a date!” I said, infuriated by him making another crack about the relationship between me and Twilight. After they stopped laughing, I then recollected myself as I spoke again. “It’s just a little testing, okay. Twilight and I are just friends. Now let’s just get on with the rest of the day, okay?”

With that, we all then went back up (where Rarity got her robe back) and used the warp pads to get back home, where each of us got ready for the day. With me, I made sure I was already for work today. Took my shower, brushed my teeth, combed my mane, and camouflaged my tail, I was all set. Though, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn’t help but notice that something seemed missing from my attire. Though I shrugged it off and decided to leave it until after work. With that, I then set off to the library for the test Twilight haves for me.

Author's Note:

Well, that was quite a morning. Now we see how the Element Gang get ready for the day. Now to explain for Dusk's breakfast, shmew-fu is actually a Fire Dragon-healthy, tofu-like meat substitute created by Dragonis Maximus. It contains the same amount of iron as meat. Fire Dragons need to eat iron in order to keep healthy, if they don't...well, let's just say their bodies will find a way to get that balanced diet. With that, if there was a Fire Dragon in the real world that didn't get enough iron, i suggest not wearing anything that haves metal in it. For what exactly is in shmew-fu, you'll find out later in the story. Now that you got to know their mornings, now its time for Dusk to catch you up on what had happened lately.