• Published 25th Jun 2019
  • 1,282 Views, 79 Comments

Spitfire and Old Silver - The FraudulentBrit



Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts meet Spitfire's estranged older brother

  • ...
0
 79
 1,282

The Voyage, Day 1

Spitfire and Old Silver

Part 7; the Voyage, Day 1

“Wakey Wakey!” a loud voice said, waking Spitfire from her uneasy slumber as she fell from her hammock to the ground. “Ugh.” Spitfire grumbled to herself as she struggled to fight the exhaustion from her body. As she did, she remembered that she hadn’t been sleeping in her bed at the Wonderbolts’ HQ or her own home, but in a hammock in what appeared to be a ship’s cabin. Then, she remembered everything from the night before; the fight with her brother, the Raiders’ assault, the talk with Princess Luna, and finally deciding to join Old Silver on the voyage to rescue Scootaloo and Cap’n Flint.

“Sleep well?” Silver asked cheekily. As Spitfire managed to get back up to her hooves and sarcastically responded, “That’s one heck of an alarm clock.” However, as she finally shook off the last of her sleepiness, she noticed that she and Silver were the only ones in the cabin. “Where is everyone?” she asked. Silver answered, “They’re in the galley. They woke up about ten minutes ago. I figured you could use a little extra sleep.” “What?” Spitfire found herself calling out. Certainly one of the others would have woken her up, right?

As Spitfire tried to dart out of the cabin, Old Silver grabbed her with one of his metal wings and asked, “You do know where the galley is right?” “Of course!” Spitfire answered, failing to hide the fact that she, in fact, did not. “It’s.. Uh….” Silver playfully shook his head and let out a brief laugh as he said “Come on.” And dragged his sister behind him, much to Spitfire’s annoyance.

After making their way to the top deck, Silver pointed to a stairwell that lead down to the galley. “They’re down there. Better eat quickly, we got a long day ahead of us.” Spitfire silently nodded and made her way down the small stairwell. There she found that along With Rainbow Dash and Silver’s crew, Soarin, Surprise, Misty Fly, Fleet Foot, and Angel Wings were down there as well, intermingled with the sailors.

“Morning Spitfire.” Soarin said gleefully to Spitfire. Spitfire replied, “What happened to boss?” From behind her, Old Silver replied, “A few things actually.” Spitfire turned around to see Silver approach, a stern look on his face. “For one, despite all your skill in the air, onboard my ship I’m in charge. And secondly, we’ve had a little talk while you were sleepin’ in. You won’t be calling any shots this time.” “What?” Spitfire asked, not entirely bereft of shock. She would have done more, but the looks from her teammates made her think otherwise, so she simply asked, “Then who is in charge?” Silver gave his sister a smug smile and answered, “Since this whole thing started with by a Mission addressed to Rainbow Dash, and since this is more my ship than with the others, we will be the commanding officers.”

That statement certainly hit Spitfire right where her pride was. Though she knew she wasn’t the most powerful pony in the world, she did feel a certain joy and sense of pride and accomplishment in being in charge of the Wonderbolts. It certainly stung to have that command taken away, especially if Stumpy was the one to do so. “That may be, but I’m the captain of the Wonderbolts, so they do as I command them.” Spitfire said to her brother.

Rainbow Dash was the first to speak up. “Actually, I’m on orders from the princesses, so technically, I outrank you this time.” Soarin was next. “And technically I’m still on probation for the next six months.” Angel Wings finished. “And honestly, you’ve not been that great of a leader lately.” After a few moments of awkward silence, Perry said, “Don’t look at us, we’re not Wonderbolts.” Old Silver then walked up to Spitfire and leaned against her, using one of his metal wings to prop himself against her. “You see, you’ll just have to follow orders this time.” “Fine.” Spitfire replied, annoyance seeping through her teeth.

Spitfire made her way to the rear of the galley and got herself a bowl-full of burgoo. Making her way to one of the tables with Surprise, Angel Wings, Nelson, and Wyvern, she sat down and took a bite of her porridge. She didn’t find the taste appealing. “Something wrong?” Angel Wings asked. Nelson then replied, “I think I know what it is.” He then turned to Silver and said, “Hey Cap’n!” Silver made his way over to the table. Nelson continued, “It seems that Ms. Spitfire doesn’t find burgoo particularly appetizing. If it’s possible for you, being the ship’s cook as well as acting captain, to find a way to remedy this situation, I’m sure you can put your current strife with her aside for the brief moment.”

Silver walked over to Spitfire, and took a small taste and paused for a moment, swishing it in his mouth before he shrugged and answered, “Meh, just needs salt.” After a few moments, Angel Wings couldn’t help but let out a small giggle. Then Perry burst out laughing, and soon enough, every pony (with the exception of Spitfire) was laughing as well. “Alright lads. That’s enough fun.” Silver said, managing to regain an aura of authority. He then turned to Spitfire and said, “Better eat up. I want you on the top deck in five minutes.” He then turned around to every pony else and said, “Same for everyone else. Top deck, five minutes.” Every Pony else then departed up the stairwell, leaving Spitfire some alone time to finish her increasingly cold burgoo.

After wolfing down her rather unimpressive breakfast, Spitfire made her way up to the top deck, and found herself at the rear of a small group of fellow Wonderbolts and sailors. “Alright now!” Silver said out loud in a voice that, while by no means a shout, was still loud and made it clear he was in charge. “Wonderbolts, you might by the greatest fliers, but up here, our experience counts for a lot more. As such, you will each be assisting the rest of the crew on their duties. This way you should be able to get a better crash course on sailing.” He then turned to Angel Wings. “Miss Wings, if I am correct, you would be considered the weakest flier of the present group, correct?” “Yes sir.” Angel Wings answered. “It’s “Aye Aye” up here.” Silver said. He then turned to Nelson and said. “Mr. Nelson!”

Nelson stepped forward. Silver then said, “I’m entrusting Miss Wings to you. She should be able to help you.” Nelson then offered his hoof to Angel Wings and said to the mare, “Come on lass. We’ll make sure that everything is where it should be.” As the two pegasi departed, Silver turned to Surprise. “Miss Surprise, I need you to assist Mr. Perry. I need to make sure our cannons are functional. Don’t want any potential attack from the Raiders to end badly.” Perry strutted towards the white Pegasus and cheerily said, “Follow me. You’re gonna love the ten pounders.” Silver then turned to Rainbow Dash and said, “Miss Dash I need you in the crow’s nest. Keep an eye out for the Raiders or rogue storms.” “Aye Aye captain.” Rainbow Dash replied cheerily and flew up to the nest.

Old Silver continued for the next few minutes. Soarin was sent to the galley to prepare lunch, Fleet Foot was sent to the wheel, and Misty Fly was sent to the engine room to make sure the engines were well fed and in working order. Silver then turned to Spitfire and said, “And finally, Miss Spitfire. Stay put for a moment. I have a very important task for you.” As he disappeared into the Captain’s quarters, Spitfire waited on the top deck, wondering what he had in mind for her. After a few moments, Silver returned, his metal wings hiding something behind him.

“I’ve got two new friends for ya.” Silver said, a somewhat mischievous smile on his face. Spitfire thought for a moment, wondering what he had in mind. Silver then tossed a mop and a wooden pale towards his sister and said, “Say hello to Mr. Mop and Mrs. Bucket.” Spitfire managed to grab the two cleaning supplies as they flew toward her. “What are these for?” she asked. Silver answered, “To clean up the decks. We cannae afford to let the high altitude affect the growth of mold, or just allow the ship to fall apart.” Both pegasi stood there for a few more moments, until Spitfire simply allowed the mop and bucket to drop to the deck.

“There a problem?” Old Silver asked, both confused and annoyed. Spitfire answered, “I’m not your maid Stumpy.” Silver took a deep breath and replied, “One, I’m not askin’ you to be a maid, I’m askin’ you do mop the deck. Secondly, as I said, up here I’m in charge, and thirdly, you’d do well to remember not to call me that.” As Silver said these, he inched closer to Spitfire, until he was practically on top of her. “Now then, I believe you have a deck to clean.”

Spitfire was stunned. She, the captain of the Wonderbolts, made to do menial labor. “I’ll have you know that….” She began. Silver abruptly interrupted her. “BELAY THAT!” he bellowed, startling his sister. “Now…” He began again. “I want this deck swabbed spotless, and Celestia help me I come back and it’s not done.” Silver then moved his eyes to look behind his right side and said, “Mr. Wyvern?” from behind him, Wyvern appeared, his usual jolly expression replaced by a stern one. “Keep an eye on this one. Let me know should there be any distractions.”

Old Silver began to walk away towards the wheel, but turned his head and coolly said, “You know, if you think that I’m bein’ too harsh, you do have wings. You could just fly off.” Spitfire wasn’t going to let him be all smug and get away with it. “Not on your life Stumpy.” Silver simply let out another deep breath and continued walking away, hoping the task of charting out a quick route to Botany Bay would help him think about something else than his stupid sister.

The Raiders’ Base

“Get up!” Cutthroat shouted. This startled Scootaloo awake. “Huh?” the filly said nervously as she jumped up from the ground. She was able to make out that she was in what appeared to be a prison cell, consisting only of a pile of hay in one corner. “Where am I?” Scootaloo asked. Cutthroat answered, “You’re our honored guest.” He then motioned behind him, where Scootaloo saw two other Raiders dragging a badly beaten Cap’n Flint, missing his hat and a trickle of blood drooling from his mouth. As the Raiders dumped the unicorn into the cell, Scootaloo asked, “So, what are you gonna do to us?”

Cutthroat then knelt down to the filly, a wicked look on his face. “You see, we’re gonna have your friends make their way here, so they can deliver a ransom.” Scootaloo’s hopes rose for a brief moment. Then Cutthroat continued, “After that, well, no promises.” As he said this last statement, he bashed his hooves together and popped his neck, remarking, “Nothing personal.” This made Scootaloo cower in fear. She’d heard Rainbow Dash tell tales about the foes she’d faced before, and she even remembered being trapped in a cage during the Storm King’s invasion. But this, this was suddenly the most terrifying event in her entire life.

Cap’n Flint began to stir himself to consciousness. “Ugh. What happened?” He managed to make out before he noticed the ponies wearing blue as well as possessing the horn pins. “RAIDERS!!” Flint found himself shouting as he shot to his hooves, only to be met with the Raiders drawing knives towards him. “Put ‘em away boys.” Cutthroat ordered his henchmen. “We need ‘em alive. For now at least.” Flint realized that he was in a situation where he wouldn’t be able to win, and stood down.

Scootaloo ran up to the older unicorn and wrapped herself around one of his hooves. “Kid, where are we?” Cap’n Flint asked Scootaloo. “I don’t know, but I think this is where the Raiders live.” The filly answered, fear evident in her trembling voice. Cutthroat cut in, “It’s our little bastion. Though honestly you guys are gonna be staying in the pit.” Flint had a realization, and angrily replied, “I heard about the pit. They say once you get tossed in you’re as good as dead.” Scootaloo’s heart sank. Did this mean she was going to die?

Before she could ponder any longer, a new, surprisingly elegant voice called out from behind Cutthroat and said, “Well now Cutthroat. I thought I instructed you to be gentle.” Cutthroat turned around to see a Pegasus stallion shrouded in shadows, and replied, “Eh, you know what they say boss. No plan survives contact with the enemy.”

The Pegasus made his way towards Scootaloo and Cap’n Flint. “I apologize for the inconvenience, but you two are important pieces to a very important plan.” Flint called out, “Stow it you pompous twit.” The Pegasus was stunned for a moment, before Flint continued, “I know exactly who you are.” Scootaloo gave the Pegasus another good look, and was stunned to see who it was. The Pegasus was a light blue stallion with a gray, slick backed mane, and he wore a fancy blue uniform with a Wonderbolts’ badge worn around his neck, as if it were a metal.

The Stallion stepped up to Scootaloo and asked, “You not recognize me?” Scootaloo hadn’t ever met him, but she remembered how Rainbow Dash described him. She could only meekly say his name.

“Wind Rider?”

The Hawkins, somewhere over Ponyville, Later that day.

Spitfire didn’t know mopping a mere deck could be almost as tiring as a Wonderbolts routine. However, as the sun settled at its highest position of the day, she heard a voice call out from behind her. “Well now, thank Celestia for little miracles.” Spitfire turned around to see Silver leaning against one of the ship’s masts. “I have to admit, you certainly know how to handle a mop.” Spitfire rolled her eyes and said, “You’re welcome Stumpy.” This time, rather than let out a deep breath in annoyance, Silver simply rolled his eyes and said, “Well, we all start somewhere.”

Spitfire then asked, “So, how much longer to Botany Bay?” Silver shrugged and answered, “With luck and good winds, Two more days.” Two more days? Spitfire didn’t know if she could handle mopping for two more days. Silver then continued, “Don’ne worry. I have plenty of other tasks in mind for you and the others. But for now….” Spitfire hoped he would give her a more dignified task. “I need you to mop the gun deck. No doubt Perry has probably made a small mess by know.”

At that moment, Rainbow Dash called out, “We got mail!” Sure enough, a gray Pegasus with a blonde mane (as well as crossed eyes) made her way to the ship and asked, “Is there a pony buy the name of Old Silver here?” “I’m Silver.” He answered, raising one of his metal wings. The mail-mare delivered a letter to Silver and departed. “What is it?” Spitfire asked. She noticed the letter had the personal emblem of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Silver turned to his sister and ordered, “Head down to the gun deck. Tell Mr. Perry to report to the Captain’s cabin, then resume your duties there.” He then turned and began to head towards the stairwell, heading towards the supplies deck. Spitfire grumbled and began to head down to the gun deck.

The Hawkins’s gun deck

Surprise had to admit she had never seen anything like the ship’s cannons before. Sure, she had seen a few in her days as part of Wonderbolts shows, but those only fired smoke. These cannons were designed to fire projectiles, and she didn’t need three guesses as to what those projectiles were meant to do. “You like ‘em?” from behind her, She heard Perry inquire. “Kind of.” Surprise answered. “Honestly I’ve never seen any kind of cannon as powerful as this.” Perry replied, “Don’t worry. These days we only use these bad boys against very thick clouds or pirates like the Raiders.” Before he could continue, a raspy feminine voice called out, “Hey Perry, Stumpy wants a word with you.” Perry rolled his eyes and said, “As you wish Mistress Misery.” He then turned to Surprise and said, “Alas my dear, duty calls.” Surprise giggled and replied, “You do know I have a colt-friend, right?” Perry stood there for a brief moment, unchanging, before quickly muttering, “I’m going now.” And darting up the stairwell.

Spitfire let out a sigh and said, “Who does that flirter think he is, messing with my team?” As she began to mop the wooden deck, Surprise said, “Honestly I think he’s just joking. Besides, you come off as nastier than him.” Spitfire ignored the insult as she continued moping. Surprise then made what she could only see in hindsight was a mistake. She said, “At least they’re nicer than Wind Rider.”

That certainly got Spitfire’s attention. “Hey, You don’t compare him to these blue collar buzzards!” She found herself shouting. Surprise responded, “But Wind Rider framed Rainbow Dash for tricking you into leaving your post before our show at the Royal Garden.” True, Wind Rider had done that, and for it he was stripped of his status on the team and sent packing. However, Spitfire couldn’t will herself to hold a permanent grudge against him; he had been her mentor and, in some ways, as much of a father to her as Stormy Flare was her mother.

Spitfire sighed and said, “Sorry, I just…” she paused for a moment before continuing, “This has been the worst week of my life.” Surprise then replied, “in that case, I can’t imagine what Scootaloo is going through.” That statement hit Spitfire right in the chest. Scootaloo was captive somewhere, almost certainly terrified, and it had all been her fault.

Neither Pony said anything else as Spitfire continued to mop the deck while Surprise continued to inspect the cannons.

The Hawkins’s Captain’s cabin.

“Sorry I’m late.” Perry said as he entered the cabin. Silver, Wyvern and Nelson were already there, having read the letter that the mail-mare had delivered. Nelson let out a sigh and said, “It seems the situation is worse than we thought.” He then handed the letter to Perry, who began to read it over. Silver then said, “The Princesses have a mole in the Raiders. Some fella goin’ by the name of Blood Diamond. Turns out they have a stronger hold on Botany Bay then we thought.” Perry lifted his head from the letter, shocked at what the letter said. “Forget a hold, they own the town!” he found himself almost shouting.

None of them could believe it. The Raiders had taken over Botany Bay. “I don’t get it.” Nelson said. “I mean, I know the Raiders have their, well, skills. But for them to take over a whole town? It’s certainly a step up in the world.” “Or rather a step down.” Silver glumly added. Perry then continued the letter, and wasn’t too shocked to see something written near the bottom. Due to the nature of his assignment, Blood Diamond will have to maintain his cover, so do not expect him to reveal himself or to provide any overt assistance. “Well that sucks.” Perry noted in the blunt way that only he could pull off. Silver sighed and said, “The Wonderbolts don’t know about the informant. We need to make sure they don’t. Can’t risk them letting it slip that one of the Raiders is a turncoat.” Nelson and Perry nodded. Silver continued, “What we just discussed stays between us until further notice. Am I clear?” “Aye aye sir.” Both Perry and Nelson answered in unison.

Nelson then complimented, “You know, you certainly fit the captain position.” Perry then added, “Yeah. I bet Flint and even Black Watch would be proud of you.” This statement made Silver step back a bit, and he humbly answered, “I’m not too sure about that.” “Stop doubting yourself.” Nelson replied. “At the very least you’re a better leader than your sister.” “I think she doesn’t like you.” Perry said in a cheeky whisper. Silver laughed at this remark and said, “Well, I do think I have a better voice.”

A knocking sound began to knock on the cabin’s door. “Hey guys?” Soarin’s voice called out on the other side. “What is it Mr. Soarin?” Silver answered. The Wonderbolt answered, “Soup’s on.” Silver then turned to his friends and said, “All right lads. I’ll tell the Wonderbolts exactly what they need to know. Alright?” Both Nelson and Perry nodded, and Silver continued, “Either way, let’s see if they’re as good a cooks as they are fliers.”

The Galley, ten minutes later

Spitfire had a lot to thank the Wonderbolts’ traditions for, and at that moment she was silently thanking the fact that each Wonderbolt was expected to cook at least a few times a month. Soarin had done a good job with scrounging together a tomato soup with the supplies the sailors had prepared, and she had to admit it was a pretty good soup. Wyvern then said out loud, “My compliments to the chef.” Soarin replied, “Thanks. I’ve always been fond of cooking.” “Perhaps when we’re done you’d like to tag along on a job.” Silver said from the stairwell.

Old Silver, Perry, and Nelson made their way to the stove and prepared some bowls for themselves, then sat themselves down at one of the tables. However, before they began to eat, Silver stood up and began speak. “Can I have everyone’s attention?” As every pony stopped eating, Silver continued. “I have good news and bad news.” He paused for a moment before he resumed, “Good news, Princess Luna sent a letter letting us know she has a good inside source. Bad news, the source says the Raiders have complete control over Botany Bay.”

Spitfire asked, “What do you mean complete control?” “They own the whole town.” Perry replied. Nelson then added, “Which means this just got at least a hundred times more difficult.” Silver then finished, “After you finish eating resume your duties. That will be all.” The three sailors then sat back down and resumed eating their lunch.

That night…

As Luna’s moon began to rise over the Equestrian countryside, Spitfire made a silent promise to herself; she was never going to look at a scrubber ever again. After lunch Silver had entrusted her to go back over the top deck, but this time with a scrubber instead of a mop. Unsurprisingly she had protested, only to be met with Silver simply leaving her alone with Wyvern again. After finishing the area near the wheel, Spitfire heard the familiar gravelly voice call out, “Looks like you can respect authority after all.”

“Thanks, I guess.” Spitfire replied, somewhat unsure of the old sailor’s remark. Wyvern then continued, “This rate we’ll make a jack-tar out of you yet.” “A jack-tar? Does this mean I’ll be as ugly as you guys?” Spitfire sarcastically replied. Wyvern explained, “It means you’re a full blooded sailor. We call ourselves jack-tars because in the old days we used to use tar to protect the rigging from rotting in the moisture or water.” He then pointed to the rigging on the portside of the ship. “‘Course these days we use a bit of magic, but I guess the name stuck.”

Spitfire then asked, “So how long have you been doing this? The sailing I mean?” Wyvern then pulled out a pipe and began to explain. “I guess I’ve just always had it in me. The voyages, the wind and the salt in me face, the ponies and other beings you meet, it’s fantastic.” He then pulled out a match and began to strike it against the railing. Spitfire always had an aversion to ponies who smoked, but decided that now was not the time to call him out on it.

“Of course there was a time when I thought I’d sailed me last trip.” Wyvern said, his voice taking on a somber tone. “What happened?” Spitfire asked. The old earth pony, after taking a puff from his pipe, said, “Me family said I should stop and retire. “I was too old” they said.” Spitfire then asked, “Wait, how old are you?” Wyvern let out a gentle laugh and said, “I’ve been on more voyages then you’re mum has had hot dinners.” This certainly shocked Spitfire. Sure the response was most likely a playful joke, but just from listening to his voice she knew he was an incredibly well traveled earth pony.

Wyvern continued, “They eventually locked me up at some old-ponies home in Las Pegasus. For three months I just sat in my room, staring at the wall.” Spitfire was stunned by this remark. Wyvern had certainly shown himself to be a surprisingly active and lively pony. Heck, he even started to remind her of one of Rainbow Dash’s friends. To imagine him being near catatonic was unsettling.

“Then one day…” Wyvern began. He took a deep breath and continued, “I just up and left. Found myself living on the docks.” “Wait, do you mean….” Spitfire began, hoping he didn’t mean what she was thinking of. “Aye.” Wyvern replied. “For about a week I slept in a box and did odd jobs for anyone who was hiring.” At that moment a gentle smile returned to Wyvern’s face. “Then one day, I was laying in some crate, and this colt comes up to me and starts talkin’ with me.” “A colt?” Spitfire asked. “Yup.” Wyvern replied. “It was this yellow earth pony with a red mane in a long leather coat and a black hat.”

This certainly had Spitfire stumped speechless. Wyvern continued, “He told me about how he didn’t have a great family either, but he told me about a ship that was hiring, and I might be able to find work again.” Before Spitfire could say anything else, Wyvern slyly added, “Course I eventually found out that colt was actually a Pegasus.” Spitfire managed to ask, “Do you mean….” Wyvern then explained, “Your brother found me at the lowest point in me life. He could easily have left me to rot in that crate, but it seems he saw part of him in me, so he gave me the chance to follow my callin’ again.”

Spitfire couldn’t believe it anymore. Stumpy had a pony who felt like he owed him his life. Sure, she had fans who said they adored her, and foals often came up to her and said that she was their idol and they wanted to be just like her. But she never had something like this.

Wyvern didn’t leave her time to dwell on her jealousy. “Your team follows you because of your rank, right?” Spitfire answered, “Yes.” Wyvern continued, “Silver doesn’t have a fancy uniform or some shiny pin. He doesn’t have any endorsement from the Princesses. He doesn’t have much money to his name. But you know why we follow him?” Spitfire had only one answer, “Because he’s your friend?”

“Because Silver is the kind of pony who leads by example, and the kind who cares for his fellow crew.” “Well…. I care for my team.” Spitfire answered, trying to defend herself from the thinly veiled insult. “By conspiring against a teammate to have him replaced for the sake of a game?” Wyvern answered cheekily. “Ugh.” Spitfire complained. “Does every pony know about every mistake I’ve made?” Wyvern simply shrugged and answered, “Meh, probably.” He continued, “Needless to say, I hope you now understand why the lads and I look up to him. He’s helped each and every one of us, and personally, that’s a debt I don’t think I could ever repay.”

Spitfire was so moved by Wyvern’s closing statement that she didn’t hear Old Silver sneak up behind her. “What’s goin’ on?” Wyvern answered, “Ah, Spitfire was doin’ a pretty good job scrubbin’ the deck I figured that she deserved a break.” Spitfire then asked, “Is it true Wyvern was living in…” Silver raised one of his metal wings in a “stop” posture and said, “Whatever he told you, it’s true.” Spitfire suddenly didn’t know how to see her brother. That morning she saw him as the popular type, and now she saw him as some sort of… she didn’t know what to think of him.

“You’ve had a long day haven’t you?” Silver asked Spitfire. “Kinda.” The Wonderbolt answered. Silver then continued, “Soarin’s just about finished dinner. After that you and the rest of the Wonderbolts will get some sleep. It’s a clear night with a good wind, so the rest of us should be able to keep us on track ‘till morning.” Spitfire simply nodded and made her way to the galley.

Once Spitfire was out of sight and earshot, Silver turned to Wyvern and asked, “You told her about the day we first we met, right?” “Yup.” Wyvern replied. Silver let out a gentle laugh and said, “I figured. I take it Nelson and Perry are gonna do the same, aren’t they?” “Probably.” Wyvern answered. Silver then jokingly suggested, “Perhaps I should have a word with the other Wonderbolts about her right?” Wyvern then replied, “That don’t sound like a bad idea.” Shaking his head and rolling his eyes, a now slightly jolly Silver remarked, “Oi, me and me big mouth.” As the metal-winged Pegasus began to depart for the stairwell to the galley, Silver stopped and asked, “You get the feelin’ we’re being watched?” Wyvern merely shrugged. Both sailors then made their way to the galley.

From high above in the Crow’s Nest, Rainbow Dash couldn’t contain her excitement. Sure, not much had actually been accomplished, but at the very least, Spitfire understood a bit of who Old Silver was, and for a brief moment, she could tell her captain had certainly found a new side of her brother. And if so, perhaps they could find common ground, and eventually repair what was destroyed so long ago.

Author's Note:

Next Time, Spitfire learns a bit more about sailing as well as about the other two sailors Nelson and Perry.

Also, we have introduced the story's main villain. Things are gonna escalate.