• Published 3rd Jul 2019
  • 1,464 Views, 101 Comments

SunLight Sliders: Infinite - Amber Spark



Accidentally whisked away from her home dimension by a mysterious Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle must join forces with the strange girl to survive a hostile and chaotic multiverse filled with both wonder and terror.

  • ...
8
 101
 1,464

Chapter 21 - Marwile

With Twilight in her current state, it was obvious that the duo wouldn’t go anywhere for now. Luckily Serena was more than willing to let them stay in her cottage. And with no more to do than waiting for Twilight to recover Sunset soon found herself talking with Serena. She even gave her a general rundown of the events from meeting this Twilight up to the Chaos Sparkle incident hoping it would help the silver-haired girl.

“You are taking the reveal surprisingly well.” When Serena saw the confusion on Sunset’s face, she added, “I mean in regards to my heritage.”

“It doesn’t have any effect on me personally and I’ve been to enough universes to expect just about everything. And it’s not like you’re my daughter.” (She was only 91.37% sure) “Though in retrospect I could have noticed it sooner. You have your mother’s face.”

This actually got a small chuckle out of Serena.

“But wait, does that mean a Twilight and a Sunset are here in this world? I’m usually not one to do that, but…” Sunset took a glance at Twilight. “...right now I need all the help I can get. She’s all I have left.”

“My deepest apologies, but they left this world a long time ago. They were Voyagers. Maybe even more than you. They made it their goal to solve every mystery across the multiverse and make sense of it. One night Twilight disappeared and Sunset soon followed to bring her back. That was the last time I saw my parents.” She pulled out her own Talisman again and stroked the gemstone. “And this is one of the few mementos I have left of them.”

Sunset decided not to voice her suspicion and instead said, “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Do not be. I am quite content with my simple, peaceful life in this world, helping the occasional Voyager. I also like to imagine that they are just busy helping other worlds. And if not… then I am just glad that I only have good memories of them.”

The rest of the night passed without issues. They distracted themselves with lighter topics and Serena teaching Sunset how casting magic in this world worked.

Sunset Shimmer levitated over a wet cloth, dabbed the sweat from Twilight’s face and tried to figure out what in the worlds she could do. Not every day was she faced with a girl literally losing half of her mind.

Her eyes darted to the Talisman on the table, mocking her with its glow. Sunset tried her best to suppress the voice in her head that told her to just run away again.

She bit her lip and brushed back a strand of Twilight’s messy hair.

Twilight’s violet eyes snapped open. A fist came out of nowhere and cracked Sunset across the jaw.

“Ouch!” Sunset cried as she toppled against the side of the bed. “What the hell–”

Twilight had already leapt to her feet, her eyes wild and a little crazed. “That was for abducting me. And that–”

She grabbed the dazed Sunset and gave her passionate kiss. “–is for you being your beautiful, sexy self, Shimmy.”

Sunset’s mind went into overdrive. This seemed to become a common occurrence.

She wrangled herself out of Twilight’s grip and nearly shouted, “What’s gotten into you, Twilight?”

Twilight just ignored her and instead looked down at her clothes. “Where does the jacket come from? I like it. I’ll keep it. Technically it’s mine, anyway. Hmm… But something’s still wrong.” She suddenly ripped her skirt on one side. “That thing was way too restricting.” Then she took a long piece of cloth and wrapped it around her neck like a scarf. “And this is just for style points.” She pointed at Sunset’s hair. “And we’re in partner-look now.”

Twilight got close to Sunset again. In any other situation Sunset would have enjoyed this. “And now something we two pushed back for way too long.”

To Sunset’s luck Serena came back at this moment. “What is this commotion?”

“Well, I just stole a kiss from SunSun,” Twilight answered first. “And in return I wanted to have some sweet alone-time with her, M-rated preferably. You can join in, too. Everybody knows three’s a charm. Kyeehahaha!”

Sunset used this distraction to escape Twilight again. “I promise that she’s usually not this way. And Midnight should be gone.”

“Aw, come on, notice me, Sunpai.” Twilight replied with mock dejection.

“It is possible that in order to deal with this unique trauma Twilight’s mind created a persona based on Midnight’s character,” Serena theorized.

“I’d say Arsene or Carmen.” Twilight gave Serena a wink.

“Or at least what she thinks how Midnight would act.”

“I’ve never seen someone misunderstanding themselves so much,” Sunset commented. “Twilight, what’s the last thing you remember?”

Twilight put her index fingers on her forehead in an exaggerated thinking pose. “Hmm… We went with Discord to the world filled with mes, Daybreaker betrayed us and then… nope, blank, nada.”

“She is repressing her memories.”

“And what can we do?” Sunset asked.

“Her mind is too unstable for traveling let alone sliding. We must wait until she fully recovers.”

“But I’m bored here already,” Twilight interjected. “I wanna go out, see the worlds, eat ice-cream, have adventures and build a harem of Sunsets. How about a dragon-Sunset? Or a maid-Sunset? I know, a dragon-maid-Sunset! Just imagine what she could do with her horns.”

Sunset tried her best to ignore that comment. “Twilight, you’re forcing me to be the voice of reason and both of us know I suck at that. So how about we first calm down, alright?”

Twilight narrowed her eyes. “Try me, bacon.”

Before the other two girls could react, Twilight grabbed the Talisman, shoved Serena to the ground and ran out of the cottage. Sunset quickly helped Serena up and dashed after her. Serena ran after them, but hesitated in the door frame for a moment and took a look back at her small home before following them.

Even with a new personality Twilight was no athlete, but she had a head start and determination. That’s why it took the other two girls nine full meters before catching up and wrestling her to the ground. But Twilight didn’t give up and fought for her freedom to the best of her limited physical abilities.

Unfortunately, during the brawl, the Talisman got accidentally activated and opened a new portal, which all three fell through.

The trio landed in an old-fashioned mansion. Sunset was the first to regain her bearings and almost out of reflex her hand went up to her hair.

Short… Horn gone… Spiky… Big spike in the middle… Holy Harmony, I’m an RPG-protagonist.

Her eyes fell on the other two girls. She felt a pang of guilt at the sight of Serena. Another girl she had taken from her home and roped into this mess.

The sound of a gun being cocked distracted Sunset from her self-misery. She turned around and faced a group of policemen pointing their guns at the trio.

“Hold! This is a restricted crime scene!”

Sunset and Serena raised their arms in compliance.

Twilight did not. Instead her eyes lit up. “Ohh! Please tell me a murder happened! I always wanted to solve a real one. Detective Twilight’s on the case!” she declared and started humming the theme of one of her favourite animes. All guns were now pointed at her.

“What’s going on here?” The policemen made place for their superior and told him what happened. Meanwhile, Sunset started contemplating if her hatred for the universe was mutual.

“You three will now tell me how you managed to sneak into Lady Cadenza’s manor without being seen by my men!” Commissioner Armor demanded.

Author's Note:

Chapter written by Marwile!


Author's Note: Sunset's hair is basically Cloud Strife from FF7. You're welcome. And yes, Twilight is humming the "Detective Conan"-theme.