• Published 3rd Jul 2019
  • 1,466 Views, 101 Comments

SunLight Sliders: Infinite - Amber Spark



Accidentally whisked away from her home dimension by a mysterious Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle must join forces with the strange girl to survive a hostile and chaotic multiverse filled with both wonder and terror.

  • ...
8
 101
 1,466

Chapter 14 - JayMan155

“Hey everyone! So sorry I took so long! Had to run some errands along the way. Anyway, you said there was a special delivery for…” The rest of the words were drowned out by a rush of metaphysical energy and wind that swirled around Twilight and Midnight.

Twilight shivered and panickedly looked around as the mindscape quivered and cracked. “What’s going on?!”

Midnight chuckled, waving it off, “Relax, I’m sure it’s nothing I can’t—”

She was cut off as a bang and a flash resounded throughout the mindscape, shattering it and forcing them back into the real world.

Discombobulated, Twilight tried to track the rushing shapes and muffled shouts that echoed around her.

“Sliders identified!”

“What in tarnation!”

“Sonata, get down!”

“Woah! We’re the good guys!”

“Don’t you touch her!”

“Try and stop me.”

A force like a truck slammed into Twilight and sent her flying. She crashed into something hard and she plunged into darkness.

She came back to a splitting headache. Twilight slowly opened her eyes and immediately wished she hadn't. The light of the setting sun stabbed at her eyes, making spots and colors dance in her vision. The ringing in her ears didn't help either. Finally, she managed to blink herself back into something approaching coherence.

“What… What happened?”

Twilight tried to stand up, but quickly collapsed back to the floor.

“Ugh… Midnight?” “Midnight?”

“What happened? Why am I in control again? Not that I’m complaining…”

Midnight didn’t seem the type to just up and leave.

“Ugh… Be quiet, Twilight. Our head hurts enough as it is.”

“Midnight! You’re okay!”

“Of course I am,”she snarked. Twilight’s arm reached up of its own volition and rubbed her eye.

Twilight froze, her thoughts coming to a screeching halt.

“Did… Did you do that?”

“Do what?” came the groggy reply.

Twilight lifted her arm experimentally. It moved as she expected.

The pain in her head slowly began to recede, as Midnight began to rouse herself. It was then that Twilight noticed how quiet it was.

She glanced around Applejack’s living room. Sunset and the rest of the girls were gone the furniture had been tossed around, as if a small twister had blown through.

“Hello? Where did everyone go? What happened?”

Twilight stayed silent, waiting for a response. She sat there for several minutes, waiting for something to happen.

“It’s time to grow a spine, Twilight. Midnight grumbled in their head.

Twilight’s body began to move, once again independent of Twilight’s input. She yelped and lurched backwards.

“What was that? Did you just move me?!”

Midnight hummed.“It seems that I did, must be because of our new union.” Midnight flexed their arms experimentally. “I could get used to this.”

Twilight shuddered. “We need to come to some kind of agreement, or something, this is just too weird...”

“We should do that later, unless you don’t want to find your friends. I’m fine either way of course.”

“Do you… Do you think they’re okay?” she asked hopefully.

Midnight tsked in disappointment.“Use your head Twilight. Judging by the state of the place, they probably need more help than you do.”

Twilight nodded slowly, biting her lip. Carefully, she picked herself up and moved out of the rustic dining room, using the wall for support. As Twilight walked, Midnight’s strength returned, allowing them to move with confidence and grace.

“Hello?” Twilight ventured, “Is anyone there?”

“Will you keep it down?!” a voice whisper-yelled.

Midnight brought them down to a crouch and cautiously looked around. “Who’s there?” Midnight whispered.

Whomever it was cursed under their breath. There was a quiet shuffling sound, and a girl with purple and mint-green hair stuck her head around the corner.

“Is that Aria?”

“I-I don’t know, Maybe? I can’t tell from here.Twilight paused. “I’m surprised you don’t know, aren’t you supposed to be better than me in every way?”

“No, Twilight,” Midnight sighed,“I’m just more confident than you. More willing to get what I want, and to be honest, those girls are beneath us.”

The girl rolled her eyes and waved them toward the corner before vanishing around it.

“Do we follow her?”

“If we want answers, I suppose we should.”

Staying low, Twilight crept towards the corner and peeked around it. There was no one on the other side. Nothing but an empty hallway and an open door. Twilight swallowed nervously as Midnight’s strength kept them moving forward. They slowly peered through the door.

Someone flung open the door and yanked them in. Midnight tried to mount a counterattack, bringing her elbows in and raising their arms, but Twilight panicked and flailed about. The combination of which only made a menagerie of flailing limbs that their assailant easily avoided and provided ample opportunity for their assailant to sweep their legs out from under them. Before either of them could react, the attacker pulled a length of rough rope tight around their wrists.

With a grunt of disappointment, the attacker dragged them over and tossed them into a corner like a sack of potatoes. Twilight started when she realized she’d just been attacked by one of the girls who had saved her from Lady Sparkle.

“A-Aria, what—”

She ignored Twilight and stormed out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

“Way to go Twilight.”

“What, me?! How is this my fault?”

“I had everything under control.”

After several minutes, Aria calmly walked back into the room. “The three of us operated for close to twenty years without an incident like this.” she stopped, glowering down at Twilight. “But a couple jumps after hooking up with you two…” She sighed and shook her head. “Who do really work for? What’re you trying to accomplish?”

“I work for Donut Joe at the Canterlot Mall!” Twilight yelped. “I’m trying to save up enough money to put myself through college!”

“...Wow Twilight.”

“What? I’m not gonna lie to her. What if she has some kind of weapon?!”

“...Let me handle this one.”

“Likely stor—”

Midnight lunged forward, cutting Aria off and tackling her to the ground.

The scuffle was a short one. It took approximately twenty seconds (Twilight timed it) for Aria to get the upper hand and pin them again, pressing their face into the carpet.

Midnight struggled under her weight. “You’ll regret this!”

“Not likely,” Aria sneered, pressing Midnight’s face deeper into the carpet. “Now, shut up and make this easy for me.”

Midnight continued to struggle underneath her, trying again to summon her magic.

She was rewarded with a hit to the head. “Stop that. The Guard can track when people try to use magic! That’s how they got your friends, after all.”

Twilight froze. “My friends…?” She said, slightly muffled by the carpet.

Aria picked herself up, “Mhmm, your friends, and my sisters.” She forcefully yanked Twilight to her feet. “Now you’re gonna help me get my sisters back.”

“W-Wait… Maybe I can help?”

“You are helping. Just not willingly,” she grumbled.

“I want to get them back as much as you do! We can accomplish more if we work together!”

“Oh please don’t start with your friendship magic garbage.”

Twilight bit back Midnight’s quip.

“Killjoy.”

“O-Okay… Why, uhh, why wasn’t I taken too?” Twilight paused for a moment, then added, “More importantly, who would want to capture us?”

Aria sighed, mumbling something about Twilights and questions. “I don’t know, and I honestly don’t care. You can ask Daybreaker when we get there.”

“Maybe… Maybe you don’t have to turn me in? Wouldn’t it work out better if I helped you?”

“I don’t like to work with anyone but my sisters.”

“You sound sure of yourself.” Midnight stepped in. “But can you really guarantee that your plan will work?”

Aria paused. “I’ll do whatever it takes to get them back.” She turned and shot a glare at Midnight. “And I pity the fool who gets in my way.”

Twilight swallowed nervously and nodded.

“Good, now right this way.”

Twilight scampered past Aria, through a door leading outside. Twilight found herself on a balcony, and surrounded by towers that stretched beyond the clouds.

“Wow…” Twilight breathed, as the light from the setting Sun sparkled off of the crystalline buildings.

There was a wet smacking sound, followed by a thump from behind her. Twilight whirled around and found Sunset standing over an unconscious Aria.

“It’s good to see you again, Aria.” Sunset said down to the unconscious girl, before turning her attention to Twilight.

“That’s a differentSunset. That’s not my Sunset.

“How can you tell?”

“Her hair. It’s not a big, poofy, afro.”

The Sunset stood up, showing off her maroon combat armour. She smirked, and Twilight took a step back, away from the dark mockery of Sunset’s signature smirk.

“Twilight, I’m so delighted you finally woke up.”

Author's Note:

Chapter written by JayMan155!