• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 9,140 Views, 433 Comments

A Forgotten Trooper - TheIronPone035



A lone clone trooper finds himself stranded on a planet previously unknown to the galaxy. A planet, inhabited by a race of pastel ponies, all completely oblivious to the war just beyond their sky...

  • ...
25
 433
 9,140

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35: Cutie Mark Crusaders Gunship Repairers!

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle all watched in unison as a large machine pumped air through a tube into Strider's lifeless body. It was definitely an awful sight to oversee, knowing that just a few weeks earlier the clone in the bed had been just as active as them. Resting on one of the nightstands where a lamp had been placed were three get well soon cards, each in the colors of their respective writers.

After a couple more minutes passed, the trio mutually agreed that they were ready to leave, not wanting to look at Strider's still body on the bed any longer. They turned their gazes away from the bed and locked onto Fluttershy's figure, who'd been waiting patiently in a chair by the door.

"When's Strider gonna wake up? He's been like that fer three weeks now an' we're worried 'bout him." Apple Bloom stated. The other two Crusaders nodded in agreement.

Fluttershy averted her gaze from the trio for a couple seconds, debating on the best course of action. Eventually, she chose honestly.

"Sorry girls, but I don't really know. All we can do is wait for him to heal." Fluttershy exclaimed.

The trio felt disheartened at the mares words, turning once again to face Strider. They stared at him for a bit longer, before an idea suddenly struck Apple Bloom's mind. She waved for her friends to follow her as she left the room and took off towards the exit of the building.


"So, what are we gonna do?" Scootaloo questioned as they trotted towards Ponyville.

"While we were in Strider's hospital room, Ah was think'n 'bout how we mite be able ta help work on that ship thingy that he was work'n on!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"You mean that weird white box thing in front of Fluttershy's cottage?" Sweetie Belle questioned.

"Oh yeah! That thing. Strider was kind enough to let me hide inside it when... " Scootaloo trailed off as the memory of an angry chicken mob returned with a vengeance.

"When what?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Nothing!" Scootaloo answered rather quickly.

"Well, except fer you Sweetie Belle, Strider has helped both mah'self an' Scootaloo with someth'n. We should return the favor." Apple Bloom explained.

"Yeah! And maybe we'll get our cutie marks after finishing it for him! How cool would a cutie mark in repairing space stuff look?" Scootaloo said cheerfully.

"Then it's settled! We'll finish Strider's ship fer him so when he wakes up, he doesn't have ta worry 'bout it." Apple Bloom declared.

With those words in mind, the Crusaders quickly dashed off towards Fluttershy's cottage. Little did they know that a set of blue eyes were locked onto them as they ran.


Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all looked upwards in awe at the sight of the massive L.A.A.T., the machine towering over the little fillies. From where they were standing, it could of been mistaken for a small metal cottage that lacked normal windows, doors, and a thatched roof. It also looked fairly well repaired, with little to no holes in the metal plating or snapped wires dangling inside.

"So, where do we start?" Sweetie Belle questioned, looking over the massive contraption for anything that might appear to need fixing.

"Hmm, that wing!" Scootaloo stated, pointing out a discarded piece of metal that seemed to resemble some sort of wing. A lone red toolbox had been left at its side, its lid firmly shut and slightly rusty.

"Perfect! We'll just pick up where he left off." Apple Bloom exclaimed, trotting over to the toolbox.

With a quick push of her hoof, the top of the toolbox opened, revealing several shiny tools resting within. Apple Bloom grabbed what looked like a wrench and pulled it out of the cluster of tools with relative ease.

Apple Bloom put the tool on the ground next to the toolbox and went to grab another. However, before she could, she noticed that Scootaloo had a wide grin on her face.

The pegasus went over to the toolbox and knocked it over, causing all the tools to roll onto the ground. Now she could grab whatever tools she needed without having to shuffle through them all. Although, several tools didn't even look like they could fix anything.

Sweetie Belle picked up a strange tool that had a silver barrel and a wire that hooked up to a small tank next to the wing.

"So, how do we know which tools to use?" Sweetie Belle asked, trying to figure out what the tool she was holding might do.

"It can't be that hard. Ah've seen mah sister work on things on tha farm all tha time!" Apple Bloom claimed.

Scootaloo fiddled with a switch on the tank as Sweetie Belle set the tool down. She turned the switch forward, then backwards, then to the side.

"Well, we better get to work!" Scootaloo said, twisting the switch to the other side.

A clicking noise sounded from the tank as energy began to whir through it. Suddenly, a blue flame ignited from the tool Sweetie Belle had set down. However, since the tool was so close to her tail, the flame caught the end of her tail on fire.

"Oh, so that's what that does." Scootaloo exclaimed, looking at the flame.

"What does what?" Sweetie Belle asked, turning around to see what had happened.

The unicorn's pale green eyes widened as she noticed the fire on her tail.

"AHH! Somepony get water!" Sweetie Belle cried, frantically beating her tail against the ground in an effort to put out the fire.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo quickly rushed over to Fluttershy's cottage. Surely she had a hose somewhere! It didn't take long before they found a green hose used for watering the plants outside the building, and quickly turned it on. Water blasted from the nozzle which was then directed at Sweetie Belle's tail.

The water was quick to act, forcing the fire to die down as its flames were showered in the liquid. It didn't take long before the fire had been completely extinguished, allowing the CMC to sigh in relief.

"Ok, with that situation under control, should we start on the repairs?" Scootaloo questioned.

"Yeah, and can we please not use fire?" Sweetie Belle asked, her eyes locked on the scorched end of her tail.


"Hammer?" Apple Bloom requested, raising a hoof.

Scootaloo quickly set a hammer down in her friend's outstretched hoof, earning a thank you from the farm pony. Apple Bloom then started bashing at a metal panel with the hammer, bending it into what she assumed was its correct shape. She'd been tasked with bending all the outstretched metals back into place on the discarded 'wing', and so far, she'd done rather well with her task.

Scootaloo had been tasked with connecting broken wires and replacing broken bits of metal. So far, she'd managed to get the entire wing up and fixed, and it had only cost her a couple electrifying mistakes.

"Alright, this wing is ready to go." Scootaloo declared to her friends.

Sweetie Belle glanced out of the open cockpit of the massive machine, a smile clear as day on her face. Once her gaze met Scootaloo's she waved her hoof a bit.

"Good job!" Sweetie Belle cheered, before resuming her assigned task.

Whatever this machine was, it had tons of cool looking mechanisms in the area she'd found herself sitting in. There were strange black colored glass rectangles surrounded by tons of switches and buttons that seemed to flash with color every here and there. At first, she thought they were flashing in a pattern, but they seemed to be doing it at completely random intervals.

Sweetie Belle pressed a button, seeing if it would do anything. When nothing happened she tried another, and another, and another. Eventually, she found herself trying to press each button as it lit up, which was beginning to feel like a big game of Celestia Says.

She continued to play this game with the contraption until finally, registered happened. She watched as the black rectangle suddenly changed colors, certain portions of it being engulfed in strange symbols she didn't recognise. Two switches below the rectangular panel began glowing, as if signalling the filly to press one of them. She did just that, flicking the left switch upwards which caused some text to change and turn red. Sweetie Belle stared at the red text in an attempt to decipher it, before reeling back in surprise when a rectangular chip popped up from the controls. The unicorn stared at the strange object for a couple seconds, before cautiously grasping it in her hoof and pulling it out.

It gave way easily, now free from its compartment and firmly in Sweetie Belle's grasp. She rotated the chip a couple times in her hooves, examining each side like it was a puzzle box. It seemed to be a simple small grey rectangular object with several silver lines plastered around it along with some circular glowing parts near the edges. She debating whether or not to put it back, but a familiar voice caught her attention before she could decide.

"What are you three doing!?" Twilight inquired, her eyes locking onto the trio of fillies fumbling about with Strider's project.

Upon being alerted to the unicorn's presence, the CMC quickly halted their work and rushed over to their towns librarian. She stared at them with disapproval, but also some curiosity.

"We're fix'n up Strider's ship as ah thanks and ah present fer him when he wakes up." Apple Bloom exclaimed.

Twilight didn't seemed that surprised at this response. "Guess that explains why I couldn't find you. Anyways, you really shouldn't be messing around with this thing. As nice as it seems, none of you know what it's supposed to do, and that means a fixing job won't really be effective."

"Oh." The three Crusaders said in unison, considering what Twilight had said.

"But it was a nice thought, and your hearts were in the right place. I'm sure he'll appreciate some help, especially while he recovers. Which brings me back to why I was searching for you three." Twilight stated. "Apparently Strider woke up a couple hours after you left and is probably finished with his examinations and is on his way back here as we speak."

"Really!?" The Crusaders said at the same time, eyes widening.

"Yep, although i'm still unsure if he's properly recovered or not." Twilight proclaimed under her breath.

Apple Bloom smiled, pride clear as day on her face. Sure, the wing still needed to be attached. But other than that, the machine seemed in tip-top condition and ready for usage. And even if it wasn't she'd be happy to help Strider finish it up.

The filly turned to look over the machine again, admiring the areas that had been fixed up thanks to both herself and her friends. However, her eyes locked onto something strange sitting in the massive opening in the center of the machine. Resting in an open crate were several flashing red lights, each one perfectly in sync with each other.

"Hey Scootaloo? Sweetie Belle? Did either of ya put those flash'n objects there?" Apple Bloom asked, gesturing with a forehoof at the flickering lights.

Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Twilight all looked over at where the flashing lights were located. A couple seconds later, both filles simply shrugged.

"No idea. I know I didn't put those there." Scootaloo claimed.

"I didn't either. I was in that control place the whole time." Sweetie Belle insisted.

Twilight stepped forward, looking down at the Crusaders.

"So if none of you put those there, then who did?" Twilight inquired.

The CMC simply shrugged in response, earning more confusion for the four ponies. Twilight stared at the crate with the objects in question, before she began advancing towards them.

As Twilight got closer to the crate, several loud beeping noises began to fill her ears. Once she stepped hoof into the machine, the objects were beeping heavily and increasing in intensity. It made her feel uneasy, but she kept going regardless.

Twilight slowly levitated one of the objects from the crate up into the light for her to see. The object seemed to be a small spherical ball of metal with a flashing red light near the top. Several other objects that looked exactly identical were littered throughout the crate.

As the librarian observed the strange sphere, Apple Bloom felt a sudden chill run down her spine. She stared at the unicorn for a couple seconds, the feeling only increasing as seconds rolled by.

"Do either of ya feel that?" Apple Bloom asked, but her friends merely gave her confused glances.

Suddenly, a streak of dread shot through the farmpony's body, her eyes widening as she locked onto Twilight. She didn't know why, but for some reason, she thought something bad was about to happen.

As the beeping increased even more, the dread continued to spiral out of control. Eventually, Apple Bloom's fear took control of her actions.

"DROP IT TWILIGHT!" She screamed, catching everypony's attention with her loud voice.

Twilight glanced between the filly and the ball a couple times, before she dropped it back into the crate with the others and dove out of the machine. Right as the ball hit the rest, a massive explosion triggered within, sending the entire machine into a fiery blaze.

Author's Note:

Phew! I'm on fire today with two chapters out!
Well, not as on fire as the Gunship...

PreviousChapters Next