• Published 24th Jun 2019
  • 986 Views, 2 Comments

The Dark Secret - HeartfireFirebrand



Sweetie Belle's secret has been revealed to those close to her but she's not the only one with a secret.

  • ...
 2
 986

Chapter 10: Awakening

Aqua Shade looked around in confusion, he knew where he was but unsure of how he got here. His form was in a constant state of flux between Sombra, the Tyrant King and Aqua Shade, the Orphan.

He looked around “I’m dreaming but how did I get here, why am I lucid?”

A soothing voice of the sweets nectar spoke “I brought you here King Sombra, or would that be Aqua Shade.”

Aqua Shade let out a deep growl “Sombra is dead, and buried. I will never be him again!”

The Sombra side of him began to flicker and fade, he turned around to see a glowing Crystal like Alicorn who smiled “I’m Harmonium also known as the Tree of Harmony, and I wished to speak with you. I have seen multiple futures, some of which my physical form meets it’s end at your hooves.”

Aqua Shade sighed “As much I hate to admit it my old self would have done just that.”

Harmonium frowned “You have shown that you are willing to change but how far are you willing to go to become a better pony.”

Aqua Shade growled “As far as I need too, I will not be a monster again. I swear it on my life!”

Harmonium frowned “Well then prove your conviction, strike down you darker half. Absolve yourself of your crimes.”

Her horn glowed and Aqua Shade flew in one direction while Sombra flew in the other. Aqua Shade glared at his old self “Ah’m not you, Ah won’t be you anymore.”

Sombra charged forward as he roared “Crystalsssssssssssssssss!”

Aqua Shade dodged the dark crystals that shot out of the ground, he snarled as he leapt on the stallions delivering a devastating blow on his horn. His horn then glowed with bright light before letting off a massive blast, Sombra looked at him as he approached Aqua Shade glared at him with fury in his eyes “I could hate you, you are the worst part of me but that’s why I won’t kill you. I let my hatred control me, drive my actions and I will never do that again.”

Aqua Shade turned to Harmonium “Do what you will to me?’

Harmonium obliterated Sombra behind him, she smiled “I was hoping you would do that. I was worried that if you held onto hate you could tumble back into the pit as soon as it became convenient for you to do so but you acknowledged you own hatred and pushed aside for the sake of your ideals. Very few can do that, you have proven yourself worthy. It’s time for you to wait for you to return to the waking world.” He felt his vision filled with light.

Meanwhile in Aqua Shade’s hospital room his body began to glow as his grey coat lightened as his mane turned to it’s light blue hue. The biggest change was two wing frames started to form as his body began to shrink in size, Shining Stars’ eyes widened in shock “Aqua?”

As soon as as Aqua had returned to his colt form, albeit with a new pair of wings he awoke in confusion only to be flung out of the bed. He blinked as he saw the wings on his back “What did Harmonium do to me?”

Shining Stars blinked “You are an Alicorn, how did that happen?!”

Aqua frowned as he put his hoof to his chin “My guess is that in order to handle the changes to my body while maintaining the same amount of magical power required my body to change into a form more suited for such large amounts of power.”

A doctor entered only to see the colt awake, he frowned “You are Aqua Shade I assume. One of the Nurses’ saw you change and I need to do some basic tests.”

Aqua Shade nodded “Very well, I want to be in good shape.” With that the doctor began performing various medical tests to make sure he was in good health.

Meanwhile in Canterlot Sweetie Belle, Rarity, Celestia, Luna and Scootaloo were sitting in the meeting room. Scootaloo frowned “We need to do something to allow the Changelings proper citizenship.”



Celestia frowned “We should hold out on that for a while, let tensions wither and die. It will give us time to remove the prejudice.”

Rarity shook her head “As long as I’m in Equestria tensions will never cease, I’m sure you all know that right?”

Luna frowned “I’m not sure what we should do here, politics is not my forte. All I did was yell and shout before storming off. Modern politics don’t allow me to do that, I almost set a noble of fire after listening to his incessant dribble for an hour.”

Sweetie Belle frowned “I think you should just let them be citizens and let the cards fall where they may” she frowned at the shocked looks “We are not going to get anyway by doing nothing and that’s all you have planned is nothing. We need action.”

Scootaloo sighed “Sweetie Belle is right, debate can only get us so far. We have them revealed on the morrow, it will take their opposition off guard that we do it out of the blue with no warning.”

Celestia smiled “That may just work. I think this is a great plan, tommorow will be a good day.” None of them realised soon something else would visit their world from a far off location.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.