• Published 13th Aug 2012
  • 8,676 Views, 691 Comments

Shouldn't Be - Lumadous



When Sgt Castle wakes up in a stange new land, he has to wonder how he can survive in such a place

  • ...
65
 691
 8,676

Ch. 32 Orders

“Why didn’t you tell us you were an Alicorn?” Rainbow Dash demanded, nose to nose with Sasha, who looked utterly bored.

“You didn’t ask, now me must go.” He said, trying to turn away only for Rainbow Dash to grab either side of his head.

“What kind of egg-head excuse is that?”

“Russan, now we must go, or did you forget vhy ve came here?”

“No..” Rainbow Dash replied sullenly.

“But doesn’t that mean your royalty?” Asked Twilight.

“Vhat? No, I am but a guard pony, come, ve must go get Scootaloo.”

“But my good prince, we simply must meet after we leave this dreadful cave and let me take you somewhere nice, and romantic.” Rarity swooned, obviously only hearing the word ‘royalty’.

“Really, of all times to hit on a married stallion, you pick now?” Sasha looked at her in surprise and disgust.

“Oh, you’re married, do you have any foals?” Fluttershy asked.

“Ah reckon that this is not the greatest of times to get side-tracked ladies. We did come down here for a very good reason ah hope ya’ll remember.” Applejack drawled ashamed of her friends.

“Yes, at least one of you crazy mares is not insane.” Sasha grunted as he pushed on towards the door to the cells.

“Just one question before we go. How old are you?” Twilight asked.

Sasha froze where he was and his head drooped. His hammer floating next to him drifted towards the floor until it settled with a thunk.

“Last time I counted I was just over twelve hundred years again, but a good deal of those I vould not consider living.” He said solemnly.

“And now, the next pony vho asks me a question shall feel my wrath.” He threatened as his hammer snapped up into the air.

“Oh, I’m so afraid, what are you going to do, torture us tales of your youth?” Rainbow Dash teased.

“I’m glad you asked.” He said grinning evilly as he turned around slowly.


“So, Rainbow Dash, who is the best flyer here?” Twilight asked.

“Mer!” She protested through the magic band the was bound tightly across her muzzle.

“Oh, what’s that? I don’t hear any protests, so I must be the best flyer!” She teased, poking the very angry pegasus with her wing.

“Twilight, you’re being a meanie.” Fluttershy whispered.

“Oh, it’s just good fun, and we need something to keep our spirits up and I don’t think galavanting through changeling infested caves singing songs would be the greatest of ideas.”

“But we could giggle at the ghostie’s!” Protested Pinkie Pie.

“Please shut her up before she starts bouncing again, my back still hurts from that cave in.” Sasha grumbled.

“Though I do find it quite surprising that we are finding so few changelings, I would have thought that they would be filling these caves to the brim.” Rarity said, “Don’t get me wrong though, I am appreciating the time to brush my mane.”

“Hush, there is a door ahead.” Sasha said, creeping ahead and putting his ear to the door.

He stayed with his ear to the door for a long while, hammer slightly twitching like someone drumming their fingers.

“So, what do you hear?” Pinkie whispered in his ear after she got bored, startling him enough that he smacked his forehead against the doorframe.

“Pinkie, don’t do that!” Twilight whispered as she yanked her friend back with her magic.

“Shush! They vill hear us!” Sasha hissed through gritted teeth.

There was a few silent moments as all of the mares behind Sasha covered Pinkie’s mouth with their hooves. They all looked fearfully at Sasha as he held his ear to the door, no pony daring to make even so much noise as to breath, fearing it would alert whatever was beyond the threshold.

It seemed like forever before Sasha sighed and backed away from the door, all the girls released their held breaths and relaxed. Pinkie Pie took the opportunity to push their hooves down and popped up just as the door exploded inwards in splinters.

“Run you little bitches before I smash your ugly heads in!” The monster screamed as it grabbed Sasha by the face and threw him across the room into the mares, knocking them flying like bowling pins.

The thing then rushed forwards and grabbed Rarity by the tail and threw her behind him, sending her tumbling across the floor and turned towards Rainbow Dash who bucked him in the face, knocking him back into the waiting grasp of Twilight. Twilight used her magic to attempt to lift him up into the air, the thing noticing it, produced a rock from nowhere and twisted around as he pitched the rock with deadly accuracy and blinding speeds.

“Stop!” Applejack yelled, pushing Fluttershy behind her and reaching towards Sasha.

Sasha, who had barely recovered from the toss, used his magic to pick up his hammer and send it hurtling towards that thing’s head. Halfway through it’s deadly flight a little orange ball of fur collided with it and they both crashed on the floor with a tumble.

“STOP!” Applejack screamed as she pushed Rarity into Twilight, crushing them against the wall.

“Applejack!” Scootaloo cried from underneath Sasha’s hammer.

“Scootaloo?” Rainbow Dash sputtered, halting in the air, only to be snatched up by the tail and swung like a flail at Sasha.

“Cass?” Sasha yelped as he rolled out from underneath the blow, using his magic to yank Rainbow Dash free.

“Weird talking pony?” Cass said, looking confused at the ponies who had all stopped attacking him, half of them hugging Scootaloo, the other half looking at him with smiles.

“I can’t breath!” Scootaloo cried from the depths of Applejacks hug.

“Comrade, it is good to see you!” Sasha roared as he trotted up to Cass, who backed away cautiously.

“Cass?” Applejack asked, noticing him wariness.

“Yeah, he kinda doesn’t remember anything and for some reason thinks he’s a pony.” Scootaloo explained as Applejack passed her off to Fluttershy, who instantly began to search her for injuries.

“A pony, now that’s the craziest thing ah’ve heard! Just look at ya, you’re obviously not. Bein’ a vertical type of critter.” Applejack laughed as she walked towards him.

“Yeah, this is just a crazy world miss Jazz Apple.” Cass said, eyes darting between the ponies before stopping on on in particular.

“Pumpkin?” He asked, head tilted.

“Potato!” Pinkie said her usual happy way, bouncing in place.

“Pumpkin, do you remember me?” Cass asked, the others forgotten.

“Of course I remember you! I don’t forget my friends!” She sang cheerfully as she was bouncing in circles around Cass.

“Do you remember me or this.....human?” He asked, dread creaping into his facial features.

“Well as long as I’ve known you, you’ve always been a human, though if you could turn into a pony that would be really cool! I’ve always wondered what you would look like as a pony. And it would let me throw a “Happy Becoming a Pony Party!”

Cass looked crestfallen as he leaned against the wall, a single tear rolling down his face.

“What? Do you not want a party?” Pinkie asked.

“No, it’s just I remember you as my wife. We had 2 foals of our own and we loved each other very much. You were always a bit odd but that didn’t stop me. Hell, we had to soundproof the bedroom cause we would make loud lov-”

“Cass! I don’t want to be mentally scarred for life!” Scootaloo cried from Fluttershy’s grasp.

“Don’cha worry about that Sugercube, we’ll get everything straightened out when we get back to the farm. Maybe Luna can do something about getting your old memories back.” Applejack said as she approached Cass, laying a hoof in the small of his back.

“Dr. Luna?”

“No, Princess Luna. How much did they mess with your head?” Twilight asked.

“Dr. Luna! You’re here, I didn’t notice ya. Is there something different about you?” Cass asked as he snapped into a fully upright posture.

“Hun, that’s not Luna, that’s Twilight.”

Cass ignored Applejack and continued studying Twilight with a wary look, causing Twilight to shift uncomfortably under his gaze, scratching the back of her head with her wing.

“Wait, when the hell did you become an Alicorn Doc?” He asked.


“WHAT HAPPENED HERE?” Chrysalis screamed when she entered the royal feeding chamber to see her precious vat empty except for a black smudge.

“I do not know my quee-” The changeling suddenly stopped as his throat collapsed, a horribly strong magical force squeezing it shut.

“Find out now! As in, if I don’t know where that human went in the next five minutes, there will be hell to pay!” She raged as the changeling in her grasp flopped as the magic tightened, a sharp crackling noise heard throughout the chamber as every changeling rushed out of the chamber in high speed.

After they had all made their exodus, minus the still twitching one in her grasp, the queen turned back to the vat. Using her magic, she vacuumed the black smudge clear of the vat. The inky blackness swirled above her head as she contemplated it for a moment before forcing it down the throat of the captive changeling in her grasp.

The changeling eyes shot open and the body struggled for a moment before Chrysalis dropped it on the floor and walked to her throne. She stood it back up with her magic and sat in it and watched the changeling as the body thrashed on the ground, small whimpers of pain and whispers of pleas were all ignored by the bored queen as she studied one of her hooves.

In just a short about of time, the body ceased it’s movements, and sat up, sitting statue still, head bowed in shame. Chrysalis looked at it, studying it for a moment before she used her magic to grip it by it’s wings and yanked it to herself, inches from her own face.

“Explain yourself.” She growled.

“Yes mother.” It whimpered in pain, unused to a physical body.

“I was following a young foal through the caves. That’s when I discovered the group and alerted your guards to them. Shortly after your guards captured them. After that I followed the young one to here and the thing in the vat had already escaped. I had planned on recapturing it and the foal to give them to you as gif-”

“Do not lie to me!” Chrysalis screamed in It’s face as she used her magic to twist the wings of the helpless thing.

“I was planning on capturing them both and feeding off of them, that thing just tasted so good that I couldn’t resist! But that thing defeated me by dissolving me in the Poison Joke! If it wasn't for you Mother I wou-”

“Shut up, I don’t care for your begging anymore than your lying, you will go find my human and this young one and bring them back to me. If you succeed I just might let you live long enough to serve me again.” Chrysalis growled as she stared into It’s eyes.

“Yes mother.” It said, nodding fast and hard.

“And before you go and run away....” Chrysalis said as It heard a snap around it’s neck.

“This collar bounds you to my will, you fail me, or run away again, I will not even have to find you to destroy you. And don’t bother trying to remove it, the only way to get rid of it is to remove the limb it’s attached to.” Chrysalis said as she threw It through the open doorway into the body strewn hallway beyond.

Rolling for a few feet, It skidded to the stop at the bottom of a stairwell leading upwards. It reached to it’s neck to feel the cold metal that fit snugly around it’s neck.

“Stupid mother, always trea-”

“I can hear you through the collar.” Chrysalis’s voice echoed down the hallway as the collar tighten marginally.

“I am on my way mother! I will have your human and that foal as fast as I can.” It yelped as it rushed up the stairwell, tripping several times in it’s haste.


“Oh sweet Celestia! Somepony remind me to never do this again!” Amp screamed in a girlish voice as he rode discord through the sky.

“Can someone remind me why we had to fly there.” Celestia grumbled, quite angry about being carried by Discord.

“Because if I teleported you your fake would feel the discharge of magic. And it also gives me the chance to do this.” He said as he flipped, dumping the unicorn guard off his back, only a few thousand feet up in the air.

“Again?” He screeched as he plummeted towards the Earth.

“Are you going to catch him this time or am I going to have to again?” Celestia asked as her horn glowed.

“Oh don’t worry, he will have a soft landing.” Discord chuckled as he angled down.

“What do you mean by soft?” Celestia asked warily.

“Oh, we’ll see.” He laughed evilly as the town of Ponyville appeared through the cloud cover below.

“I swear, if he gets hurt I will banish you to the sun and turn you into stone.” She threatened.

“He’ll be fine.” Discord promised as they landed in the middle of an orchard.

The two walked through the orchard, Discord stopping every now and then to turn trees into something else, only to turn the back as Celestia glared at him. After a mile or two the reached the edge of the orchard to look at the Sweet Apple Farms. It looked like a normal peaceful day for them except that Ice cream cake was smeared and splattered everywhere.

“Discord, what did you do?” Celestia demanded.

“Soft serve landing.” He laughed.

“Why had I expected something sane?” Celestia sighed as she walked towards the front door of the house.

“Oh, what fun is there to be sane? It’s all so boring.” Discord snickered from behind Celestia as she knocked on the door.

“One of these days you’re going to get me in more trouble than you are worth.” Celestia grumbled as the heard a slight scuffling of lock being unlocked.

“And when that happens I will be there with a camera to capture it for future generations!” He sang gleefully as the door creaked open just a hair before it was thrown open and Celestia was tackled.

“Sister, you came! I thought after you ignored my letters that you hated me!” The tiny Luna cried from her sister’s embrace.

“Sister, I have important information to share with you.”

“You know where the took Cass and my guards?” Luna asked.

“They? Who?” Sister, I have been out of touch. I must really tell you the what has happened in the capitol.” Celestia sputtered, the information hitting her too fast.

“We are assuming that he had something to do with it. Did he break his parole again? And I guess we know who to blame for the cake” Luna asked, poking her head out of her sister’s grasp and glaring at Discord.

“His parole? He should still be frozen in stone my sister.” Celestia stated, confused.

“You released him to Fluttershy’s care to be rehabilitated a while back.” Luna explained.

“I did now.” Celestia said, turning her heated gaze towards Discord.

“What, you expected me to not take the weakening of my prison and not exploit it? You wound me with your insults my chubby Princess.” Discord said as he poked Celestia cutie mark again.

“I will end you.” Celestia growled

“In front or widdle Woona’s eyes, she be scared for wife and have nwightmare’s” Discord said in a cutesy voice, picking up Luna and hugging her in front of him.

“Sister, may I have the honors?” Luna asked, squirming in his grasp.

“Certainly sister, I’ll hold him, you hit him sound good?” Celestia said, using her magic to pin Discord to the wall.

“Wonderful sister.” Luna replied as she pulled a feather from her wing.

“No, don’t, we must go to the rescue!” Discord begged as the feather approached his exposed side.

“Rescue of who?” Demanded Celestia.

“Cass, the Elements of Harmony, and a few other all need our help.” Discord blurted out.

“Why are you being helpful? Luna questioned, twisting the feather slightly, causing him to flinch away from it.

“Do I need a reason?”

“Yes, you do!” Luna said as she wiggled the feather.

“Fine! If they succeed in what they are planning, my stone prison will be a better place to be than the rest of the world.” He laughed as the feather teased his side.

“What are they planning?” Celestia asked.

“But that would ruin the story my dear.” He protested

“The story?” Luna asked.

“And besides,” Discord continued, ignoring Luna as he winked out of existence to reappear behind the princesses, “We have some ponies to rescue.”


“Let me go, the Princesses are outside with that mad...Thing! I cannot let them be threatened by him!” Amp grunted, struggling with bandage cocoon he was trapped in.

“But we must help you! You hit that ice cream so hard it exploded everywhere.” Sweetie Belle explained.

“The cake exploded, I didn’t, so therefore I’m fine. Now let me go!” Amp demanded.

“But we could earn our cutie marks for being nurses!” Apple Bloom yelled in Amp’s ear.

“Oh Celestia, I’m gonna die! Somepony, help!” Amp screamed as Sweetie Belle appeared at the edge of his vision with a large medical bag.

“Shouldn’t we wait for Granny Smith to wake up before surgery?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Shouldn’t you not conduct surgery at all?” Demanded Amp.

“Don’t worry, Apple Bloom. Rarity has taught me how to sew very well. And besides, as long as he doesn’t squirm too much he’ll be fine, I saw this all on TV” Sweetie Belle said.

“Oh sweet mother of Celestia and Luna, somepony help me before they kill me!” Amp screamed, thrashing around.

“Aren’t we going to need some sort of knock-out gas?” Apple Bloom asked, the two crusaders ignoring the guard.

“Please tell me you two didn’t start without me?” Asked Fortune as she trotted into the room wearing hospital scrubs.

“Celestia, I know you’re outside. HELP!” Amp screamed, thrusting himself out of the bed, landing on the floor in a heap.

“Girls, what is the hootin’ and hollerin’ happenin’ in here?” Granny Smith asked as she entered the room.

“Nothing Granny, just trying to earn our cutie marks.” Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom answered in unison.

“An’ keepin’ this stallion wrapped up, now you girls go downstairs and play in the living room.” Granny said as she walked over to the trapped guard.

The Crusaders left the room, grumbling about the lost opportunity as Granny Smith propped Amp up against the wall and sat down the the rocking chair across the room.

“I thank you ma’am, but I have to go, I’m in a bit of a hurry, if you could unwrap me that would be greatly appreciated.”

“Oh you young whippersnappers, always in a hurry. Now in my day-”Granny began