• Published 28th Jun 2019
  • 2,923 Views, 206 Comments

H-44 GERMANIA - Sanguine Blade



An admirals soul trapped in his ship

  • ...
7
 206
 2,923

Meeting the Local Royals

As the citizens of Baltimare started their days a troop of royal guards arrived immediately heading to the docks. The confused and the curious followed the troops to the dock to see what was so important for members not of the garrison to arrive all of a sudden. The morning mist off the bay slowly burned away as a big silhouette could be seen at the far side of the bay. As the vessel came closer some pegasi tried to fly out to it for a look, but were halted by the guards. A horn rang out across the bay and made many ponies flatten their ears to block out the noise. The ship was shining and it shocked all who could tell it was made of metal of all things. Metal! That was considered impossible to most navy veterans. The ship slowly waded towards the shore and as it pulled along the key side, everyone was in shock to see just the size of this behemoth hundreds of feet long, taller wider than any ship in the Equestrian Navy. The guns were bigger than the princess in height and longer than several rooftops in Baltimare. As the ship opened the guard watched a staircase on the side of the vessel was moved into place and tapped the pier with a thunk.

"Greetings!" A voice called as all the onlookers turned to see a biped walk carefully down the staircase. He stopped at the line of guards. "I come by order of Princess Celestia so fear not. I've come to aid you in the troubling situation at sea. Admiral Hanz Von Ravenmark of the Kreigsmarine captain of H-44 GERMANIA." HAnz said holding his hand out to the guards, but no one grabbed it.

"You are to be escorted to Canterlot by order of Their Majesties Celestia and Luna of the crown of Equestria." A guard said with no inflection as if not a tinge of fear resided in them. Meanwhile the civilians looked in curiosity, fear, and even some looked away in disgust.

"Who is he?"

"Is he dangerous?"

"We don't need a Minotaur saving us."

"Stay away kids. That thing good harm you." And many other comments could be heard as the guards flanked Hanz on the way to the chariot for their new arrival. Hanz looked amongst the crowds of locals and did his best not to judge them for fears of him. 'Its just fear of the unknown. They mean no harm' He thought and Aquarius agreed in the back of his mind. As the group reached the end of the town Hanz was surprised to see the carriage and two pegasi hitched to it. 'Must be for speed or goodwill.' He thought looking at the opulent carriage. A guard opened the carriage door and he stepped inside. The door closed and a hoof tapped the carriage. With a jolt the carriage moved and Hanz looked out the window to see the ground...getting smaller?

'...What?!' He thought looking out to see the carriage soaring through the blue sky.

'Truly beautiful' Aquarius said as Hanz jerked his eyes away from the glass ad to the floor with his eyes screwed shut. 'What's wrong Hanz?'

'Fear of heights. I might control my Arados, but I'm not physically in them.' He replied.

'Why the fear?' Aquarius asked.

'My A farming cousin of mine had a biplane he took me in and he was so reckless that I tumbled out mid flight into a haystack. Thank God he was flying low at that moment, but I've been scared ever since.' Hanz said. 'Didn't help that bombs rained from the sky everywhere in the Fatherland....my god the cries of...children.' Hanz shuddered as his mind flashed back to the first day the bombs hit his hometown.


It was a horrible day the day the bombs fell on his home city. While his home was outside of the city itself in the country it did not make things any better. Hanz was on some time back to his home from the front when it happened. AS he came towards the city he saw planes fly over and squinted to check their markings. British and American...oh no. He floored the car as fast as he could but he was too late as the whistling sound of bombs started.

BOOM! BOOM BOOM! Came the horrid sound as the bombs screamed from the heavens. People ran to the bomb shelters, sirens wailed and what defense the city had rattled with gunfire. As the car sped along trying to get to his home a crater caused the car to fly into the air and landing with damaged wheels, but Hanz did not give a shit as he pushed the wrecked car to the end and as he saw his home...

BOOM! and the car skreeched to a halt. The house...mom,dad, uncle Erwin and little brother Hartman was just...gone. Hanz jumped out the side of the car and ran to the wreckage begging that the cellar had protected them.

"Please be safe. Lord Please have spared them!" Hanz yelled as he shoved smoldering wood and shattered glass out of the way not caring that burns and cuts that came with his actions. He found the cellar door and flung it open only to a crushed a little toy plane was slowly turning to cinder before him. Hartman's toy.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DAMN YOU WORLD! DAMN THE ALLIES! AND DAMN THE LUFTWAFFE FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOB!" Hanz screamed to the heavens as more booms rang out and he cried clutching the charred toy the whole time...


'Hanz? Hanz!' Aquarius shouted trying to snap Hanz back to reality. He did so looking around to see the carriage was stopped. The door opened to the carriage and a guard gestured to a door not too far off.

"This way." The guard bluntly spoke. Hanz shook his head and composed himself before stepping out of the carriage and towards the door. Following the guards up a few flights of stairs, Hanz was met with a large door that was opened by two guard stallions. Sitting on the thrones were two beings that Hanz could not believe existed. One was a beatiful, well built mare which was as tall as him pure white fur and a moving mix of colors. Next to her was a mare slightly shorter mixed with all the colors of the night with a starry flowing mane to go with it.

"Greetings. I am Princess Celstia and this is my sister Luna. I believe we have a lot to discuss"...