• Published 20th Jun 2019
  • 777 Views, 19 Comments

The Canterlot Guild - red reaper



When a new villain is going to rule the world, old and new heroes must team up to save those they love

  • ...
8
 19
 777

Two crimes, One day

Rainbow Dash ran to find Sunset Shimmer, she had the greatest news. Dash finally found Sunset with the girls practicing on a new song, and she took deep breaths. “Is everything alright Dash?” Sunset asked, “Was Book was hurt by Moon?” Rainbow Dash tried to explain, But Applejack stopped her.

“Was Moon hurt by Book?” Applejack asked, more worried about her boyfriend.

“No,” Rainbow Dash tried to answer, and Twilight brought her a cup of water, “Thanks. So after Moon did the wolf thing, I was talking with Book, and he told me he saw someone like you running in his backyard.”

“Well it wasn’t me,” Sunset said, “I was at your house last night.”

“I know!” Rainbow Dash answered, “I think we found her.” Sunset excited, finally after all these years, someone found her counterpart.

Pinkie started jumping around in excitement. “I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!! What is she like? Did she have a rough start too? Does she have magic? Is she allergic to marshmallows?”

Dash shrugged a bit. “I’m not sure, I didn’t ask him about it too much.”

Rarity gasped at this knowledge. “Darling, whenever you talk about gossip you need to learn the details.”

“I’m sorry!” Dash said, slightly annoyed. “All he told me was that she was a redhead that looked like Sunset, and in the middle of the night that with glasses it makes it hard to tell if he’s right. He’s new to town, so he might not know.”

Sunset gave Dash a gentle pat on the back. “It’s a lead, and the first one that we’ve had in a long time. Let’s just ask Book what he knows about her.”

Applejack sighed. “With our luck we’ll be back where we started.”

“Hey! He can only tell us what he knows!” Dash barked.

Fluttershy gave a yelp at the outburst, but Applejack was now grinning. “Are you building feelings for the nerd?”

Dash blushed a bit. “Uh… no… maybe… Awe, let’s just get going!”

While the girls were joking about Dash’s new crush, Book was going through a history book focusing on the tyranny era. It seemed like whenever supernatural stuff happened it was focused on this town. This amulet in particular was said to have made Sombra invulnerable on the battlefield.

As Book was trying to understand more about the cause of the magic, Fuze and Light walked up to him. Light seemed to be finally relaxing. “Finally, the day is over! All we need to do is head to a lunch with Wilde and I can go home and do some toy-making.”

Book nodded. “Glad to see that you’re not hiding in a broom closet again. Tell me, have you guys have heard about the magic in this town?”

Fuze nodded. “I wanted to laugh at them for trying to tell me that it’s real, then I watched a girl levitate her tool box to her. This school is nuts, I love it!”

Light chuckled. “Glad to see that you’re not bored here. The last time you got bored you ruined the fourth of July.”

“The fire was put out, and it was the best fireworks show ever in my opinion.” Fuze said with a grin. “I also took care of some of your personal stuff Book. I stuck your spare suit under the loose bricks on the wall in those woods. I also worked on hacking into the emergency dispatch and syncing your special phone to it.”

Book took the phone back from Fuze and looked at it. “And mom and dad wonders why I fuel your crazy inventions.”

Suddenly the phone vibrated as the screen read ‘bank robbery in progress, museum suspect spotted inside.’

Book’s eyes widened as he saw this. He turned to see the other Sunset in the distance, confirming that she wasn’t his girl. “This is the girl from last night. If I hurry, I can catch her!”

As Book tossed his school bag to Light, Light hollered at him. “But what do I tell Moon and Wilde?”

“Tell Wilde that his directions stink!” Book yelled as he ran off into the woods.

Fuze grinned a bit as he turned to Light. “It’s going to be a long walk home.”

Before Light could reply Sunset and her friends walked up to them. “Hey, where’s Book? We wanted to ask him some questions.”

Light gave a nervous chuckle as he tried to explain. “Um… He went out to lunch with Wilde, although I should tell you that his directions were vague at best.”

Rarity rolled her eyes a bit. “That does sound like him. No matter! We shall just find them and ask them in person.”

As the girls walked off Light and Fuze were left alone. Light sighed in frustration. “Now we start walking.” As Light walked past the statue in front of the school, his arm brushed against it. Suddenly a jolt of energy shot into his arm, sending a burning sensation into it.

Light jerked back from the pain. “OW!”

Fuze looked confused as Light grabbed his arm. “What is it?”

Light looked at it to check for some form of minor injury, but it looked perfectly okay. Light felt a little silly as he kept walking. “It’s nothing. Let’s just go home.”


Golden Blade was now sitting down alongside the other officers of the town. All of them were clearly whispering about the new guy in the room. Golden knew that he had more experience than most of them, but he thought it best to do what he was good at, and that is his job.

“Hey buster!” Some young looking officer was now right in front of him, looking like he was trying to intimidate him. “Did you know that I got a ninety-five on my gun handling test? What about you?”

Golden wanted to keep to himself for the time being, but a sheriff known to the men as Silverstar answered for him. “He got a hundred. That’s Sterling’s kid, and that man’s blood is dangerous.”

The kid chuckled for a bit, until he realized that nobody else was laughing. He looked a little scared as he went back to his seat.

Golden decided to stand up and give a few words. “Yes, I’m my father’s son, and I am mean with any gun. I’m also a dad with six kids, so I do have a heart. I’ll respect you all as you respect me.”

Silver grinned as he shook Golden’s hand. “Name’s Silverstar. I’m your new partner.”

Golden smiled a bit. “Nice to meet you. You seem like a more experienced guy. Why’d they stick you with me?”

“Because he knows every inch of this town and almost every person in it.” Everybody stood at attention at the sight of Chief Thunderhooves. “Now that you are all here and acquainted, we need to get to business. Last night we had a robbery at the history museum. We have two suspects and a reported vigilantly who tried to stop them. An ancient amulet was taken. The eye witness said that the male suspect had an obsession with Sombra and the female holds a striking resemblance to Sunset Shimmer. You can see the sketch artist’s work and the full report of the robbery in your files.”

One officer in the back raised her hand. “Why don’t we bring Sunset in for questioning?”

“Because we have reason to believe that this isn’t her. Sunset was live streaming on her channel with a friend for most of that night, and during the robbery. They said names as they were being messaged, and my daughter was one of them, so we are looking at a frame up job that failed badly for them.”

Golden raised his hand. “What about the vigilante?”

“That is not our main focus. He did use throwing stars and didn’t seem to go for the kill, but currently we have no knowledge about him. That brings me to our main focus. We found a body today belonging to Caballeron. The kill was very recent.” Chief said as he passed out more files.

Silver winced at the sight of this. “In my whole time here I’ve never seen anything like this.”

Chief nodded. “A major crime lord is down, and this may be the dawn of a new gang war. Mayor Mare is looking to keep this town and its people safe. That’s why I’m putting my best men on this case. Detectives Encyclopedia Brown and Sally Kimball will investigate the robbery. Maybe these cases are related. Sheriffs Silverstar and Golden Blade, you two are our most experienced men, work together and start looking around town for anything new. Canvas the streets for our Sombra friend, and ask Miss Shimmer about this double of hers. Check for a wound on her right hand. Our witness said that she was stabbed there.”

Silver nodded. “We’ll also check the local and private hospitals for any patients matching her description.”

“Good. I also received orders to order you all to have at least one high caliber weapon locked in your vehicle while you’re on patrol. We are the wall that keeps the town safe. Any questions?”

One more officer raised his hand. “What happens if we have a code M?”

Golden was confused when he heard this. Chief had a stern look on his face. “We’ll call it in. If it’s not handled normally, then it’ll have to become her case. Dismissed!”

As the officers all got up, Golden turned to his new partner. “There’s no code M in the manual, and I’ve got a few years of my own under my belt. What is it?”

Silver chuckled a bit. “Something that even an old timer like me had trouble understanding. This isn’t your normal town Golden. Maybe once I show you around this town I’ll explain it.”

Golden felt like he was left in the dark, but he knew that some departments have their traditions for their new blood. He decided to just follow Silver’s lead and do this job the best that he can.


“Alright everybody!” Three thugs shouted at the bank customers, “All we ask you to do is nothing, but hold the grenades like your life depends on them.” The customers of the bank cried in fear as the robbers’ leader was coming out of the safe. She was a young yellow woman with red hair and yellow lines. The woman wore black top, and she held a sword and a gun.

“Alright boys!” The woman smiled as she took her sword, and two more robbers took the bank’s manager by the hand, and they pushed him towards the woman. The woman bent down to look at the old man’s eyes as he tried to stay strong. “So, Mr. Pipe Down, will you provide 55% of the money you store to the house of Sombra for protection?”

“I cannot do such a thing,” Pipe Down tried to explain, “Please, understand, this money does not belong to the bank, but to the customers.”

“Very well then,” the woman snapped her fingers and the two robbers held Mr. Pipe by his hands and the woman took her sword, ready to decapitate the man, “Let’s hope that the next manager will understand.” The woman was ready to swing the sword as a star was thrown at her hand, making her drop the sword. “What the-” The woman look behind her, and she saw a dark man wearing black suit and spikes, and she smiled, “Shadow Knight.”

As the three guards aimed their guns at Book, they quickly found themselves struck by throwing stars. “Miss Shimmer, I won’t say it’s good to see you again.” Shadow ran towards Shimmer, ready to kick her back, as a giant blue man wearing a white top stood in the middle. “You really think some big guy is going to terrify me?”

“No,” Shimmer smirked, “He is just going to crush you.” Shimmer took the manager, and she ran, as the robbers stayed with the giant man. Book threw 3 stars at the man, as he ran behind him, and he kicked him in the back, but the man didn’t even flinch, and he took Book’s leg, and he threw him towards the wall.

“The Great Shadow Knight,” The man laughed, “It seems that the legends they told about are nothing, just a mere mortal!”

“I don’t need powers to beat ugly thugs like you,” Book got up on his legs as he was surrounded by the robbers. Book’s hands turned into fist’s as he took a brick that fell from the wall. “Have you ever heard about the story about the man with broken ribs that beat three thugs with a brick?” The thugs looked at each other with confusion. “No well it goes like this.” Book took the brick, and he threw it on one thug’s leg, making him fall on his other leg. Book took the man’s gun and used it to punch the other one’s faces with before taking out the bullets. “Now, big and stupid, its just you and me!”

“You mean just you and me!” The giant man leaped towards Book, ready to smash his bones under his body.

Book leaped over him and grabbed the guy’s neck, putting him in a choke hold. “Second time’s the charm, now go to sleep!”

“Not today, little one” The giant smashed his back to the wall, along with Book, making him fall from his back, “You really thought you will beat Iron Will?”

“If not him, maybe me!” Iron Will heard a deep sinister voice said behind, he turned around to see a wolf closer to his size, with green fur and red dots, wearing purple pants leaping to him, pushing him away from the people,

“And who do you think you are?” Iron Will asked as he caught the wolf’s fists.

“Name’s Night Beast!” The wolf roared, “And you will be my lunch!”

Book was shocked to see his own cousin helping him. Book knew that he couldn’t let his identity slip, so he quickly started running for where Shimmer ran off to. “You take care of the big guy, I’ll save the hostage!”

Night beast nodded as he opened his mouth, revealing sharp fangs and teeth, Beast tried to bite the giant’s head, but Iron Will, dodged the attack, and he released one of his hands, and he closed the beast’s mouth, leaving the monster’s hand open to attack, and Night Beast punched the giant towards the street, and he ran to finish Iron Will, but the thug escaped. Night Beast ran back to the bank, as he tried to calm the hostages, but the police arrived, pointing their guns at him, and making him to jump, and leave the place,

Golden’s jaw dropped as he saw this thing. “What in the world is this thing?”

“It looks like a code M, otherwise known as a code Magic. Welcome to Canterlot Golden.” Silver said as they ran inside. “Expect some lady in a suit to show up, and don’t worry about the filing paperwork for this. Government stuff, pretty common around here.”

Golden was still shocked, but then he saw one of the hostages pointing to the door. “Their leader took the manager, and the masked man went after them!”

Golden quickly readied his rifle and started running after them.

As he ran out the back door, he managed to see an armored man on a black motorcycle chasing after a white van. Golden quickly ran back around the front and motioned Silver to join him in the car. “The others have it here, let’s move!”

Golden quickly pulled out of the driveway and started trying to catch up with the chase. “Dispatch, this is Golden. We have a 10-80 in progress, requesting backup.”

“10-4, we are unable to send backup at this time.”

Golden took a deep breath as he gripped the wheel and put the mic away. “We’re on our own. You ready for a gunfight?”

Silver nodded. “This ain’t my first rodeo, and it won’t be the last.”


The guard walked at the Canterlot museum of weapons, as the halls were filled with the sound of Mozart. Prince walked, relaxed to the music as he heard the sound of window broken, and he ran to see the windows shuttered and glass pieces were on the floor. “What in-” The man’s stop talking as a black hand held his mouth and took pushed him to the shadows. From the shadows a new figure arrived, black with green eyes, wearing the guard’s uniform and another man went out, wearing black coat with green buttoned shirt and silver amulet with red diamond. The man in the guard’s uniform led the other man through the hall, towards the room with a big sign that carried the name of King Sombra.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Dark Prince asked the man as he walked towards a sword made of black metal, with golden dragons serving as a cross guard, and an orange diamond in the middle. The man in the uniform took a key from the belt, and he opened the case of the sword. Dark Prince took the sword, and he turned his back to see seven girls looking at him. One was a purple with glasses and her hands glow in purple, one was a blue with rainbow colored hair and a pair of wings, one a blonde with a cowboy hat that knuckled her fingers, one was a white with purple hair that giant diamond shields were covering her hands, one was a pink with curly pink hair that held two cans of sparkle candy. One was a yellow with pink hair, and wings like the blue one, and one was looking like his bride, Miss Shimmer.

“Leave the sword now,” The girl that looked like Shimmer ordered the prince, Dark prince looked at the sword with confusion before the sword started to glow in orange energy, and a blast of orange energy pushed everyone away, all but Sunset and Rainbow Dash who took two swords from the sets, and they ran towards Dark Prince and the man in the uniform.

“Take the blue one Phyrax, leave the other to me,” Phyrax nodded, and he took two swords form the set, and he ran to fight the rainbow colored girl. The girl that looked like shimmer ran to fight Dark Prince that smiled at her, “Hello, Sunset.”

“How do you know my name?” Sunset asked Dark Prince as she tried to hit him with her sword, but every attack was blocked by him.

“I know more than a name, Miss Shimmer, I know you,” Dark Prince smirked as he swung the sword at Sunset, but she dodged every attack as well. The swords clashed each other many times, and the two left the room as Sunset walked backwards, trying to defend against the sword artist, “I know how abandoned you were, by your parents, by your teacher, by your old friends, by all.” As the two fought, Sunset noticed Twilight getting up, and ready to attack from behind.

“I don’t know you, but I can tell you have a problem,” Sunset said, trying to distract the prince, as she was throwing her sword aside, “You are a coward, fight me without a sword.”

“A challenge?” Dark Prince asked as a smile grew on his face, “Very well.” Dark Prince took the sword, and he threw it aside, letting Twilight the chance to take it. Sunset jumped to kick the prince on his face, but the prince rolled over as he took his coat and threw it off. Dark Prince sent fist after fist to attack Sunset, as Twilight saw the sword, and she ran towards it, grabbing it from the floor, and running back to her friends.

“Please don’t,” Twilight turned to see Dark Prince holding Sunset by her neck, “I still need it.”

“It doesn’t have to go to murder,” Twilight tried to calm the spirits, “You can still surrender.”

Dark Prince smiled, “I don’t seek redemption, Miss Sparkle. The sword, or your friend’s life, what’s more important?” Twilight sighed and she dropped the sword.

“Leave her, and I will kick the sword to you.” Dark Prince agreed to the demands.

“On a count of three,” Dark Prince said, “One…”

“Two…” Twilight added and she got the sword ready be kicked.

“Three!” The two said at the same time. Dark Prince threw Sunset to Twilight, while she kicked the sword to him. Twilight ran to Sunset, helping her to get on her legs, as Dark Prince took his coat and sword, and he jumped out of the broken window.

“Where did he go?” Rainbow Dash asked the two as she held Phyrax.

“We had no choice,” Twilight sighed in shame, “It was Sunset, or the sword.”

“You chose right,” Rainbow Dash reassured her.

As the girls managed to calm down, they started to hear police sirens from outside.

“Let’s get out of here,” Sunset told the girls as the rest started to wake up.

While the girls were trying to escape, Dark Prince walked behind the alley to find Miss Shimmer pulling in. He grinned as she came out. “Ah, Miss Shimmer. I’m glad that you could join us. Apparently the Equestrian heroes have shown up, and one of them is you.”

Shimmer looked confused, but she knew that she had to be quick. “Well, the Shadow Knight showed up on my end again. How he beat Iron Will is a mystery to me. I did bring the manager, so we could send a message to the people.”

She proceeded to drag the whimpering man out of the van. “P-Please don’t…”

Dark Prince chuckled a bit as he readied his sword. “I’m afraid you don’t understand. I need to establish my rule, and nobody is going to fear me if I let everybody live. You are now merely… a message.”

As Prince was ready to kill the man, Shimmer cried out in pain. Prince looked to see two throwing stars sticking out of her back. A sudden rev of an engine made it clear where it was coming from. Shadow was sitting on a bike at the end of the alley, waiting for the prince to notice him.

Prince started walking towards Book casually and Book charged him in his bike. Prince had his sword out, ready to end this little pest. Just as he was ready to slice at the hero, Book jerked the bike to the right, barely dodging the blade.

Book drove right to Shimmer and spun the wheels to hit Sunset. She avoided the bike, but not without dropping her hostage. Book quickly grabbed the man and draped him over his shoulder. Prince was shocked to see Shadow driving off without a fight.

He started to charge up a blast to deal with this insect, but he was quickly distracted by police sirens. A cop car pulled up, revealing Golden and Silver. “Freeze! Drop the weapon!”

Book looked back, and he noticed that again his enemies disappeared and was there but a note.

Book quickly let the man go next to the nearby apartment building. “Get inside and wait for the cops to show up.”

Before the man could even ask for a name Book drove over and quickly grabbed the note. He knew that he couldn’t hang around. As much as he’d love a second chance to send some volts running through Prince, the police were too close behind him. Book quickly started making his escape. As he entered the forest, Book slowed down a bit to read what the note said.

My dear Shadow Knight, once again you almost stopped me. How does it feel to know that no matter how close you are, you’re always far from stopping me? How does it feel to step onto a world of magic trying to find reason in it. I’ll give you last chance in our next meeting to give up and join me.

Book was about to crumble the paper up, but then he started wondering if he could find a few clues on this paper. It was too thin for a tracking device, but it could have anything from a rare ink to a few fingerprints. He quickly tossed it into his belt and promised to go over it as soon as he got back to his house.

“How are you?” Book heard the deep voice and saw Night beast walking towards him, turning into a human, “Do you mind if I get the cape, it’s kind of cold here.”

Book knew that the cape part of his uniform served for nothing but for style. Book took the cape and handed it to him. “Thanks for the assist back there.”

“Is the manager safe?” Moon asked as he cuddled in the cape. “And you welcome, cous”.

Book was now trying to keep it cool. He had no clue that Moon would know who he was, but he had to call his bluff. “I have no clue who you’re talking about. The manager’s fine. I dropped him a few blocks away from the shootout.”

“When I’m in beast mode I can smell people, how do you think I found you? Same smell from the court.”

Book wanted to argue with him, but then he remembered his dad talking about how cops would have canine tracking units, and that it was next to impossible to fool them. Book sighed a bit, not wanting to take off his mask. “You do know that you can’t tell anybody. Only my brothers know about this.”

“It’s part of the idea yeah, and you can’t tell about the curse.”

“Deal.” Book said. “I found Dark Prince being picked up by Sunset Shimmer’s double outside of a weapons museum, and it looked like he went shopping.”

“If that was the craziest thing that happened to me. I guess we are partners then.” Moon smiled

Book didn’t seem to return that enthusiasm. “I work alone. If you want to help, text me what it was that Prince stole. The last artifact was an amulet that gave him heightened strength and dexterity.”

“There is only one man who knows about that stuff. But you won’t like him.” moon said

“Please tell me that it isn’t that manipulative friend of yours? The guy still owes me lunch for our last encounter.” Book muttered.

“Sorry partner, that’s the man” Moon smiled.

Book groaned a bit. “I can think of three other sources to learn this, and the first two are the news and the paper. Can you ask him without sharing my identity?”

“Fine, then you must tell sunset about her twin, we can help you.”

“Dash already said that she doesn’t have a twin, and you’re asking me to avoid sharing my identity with one person in exchange of sharing it with another.” Book said.

“She does now. And if it helps I will tell her that night beast met her.”

Book sighed a bit. “Fine. I’ll tell her that this girl is a prime suspect in the robbery cases, but we do not share the mask with anybody.”

“Than you partner” Moon smirked.

Book rolled his eyes as he turned his bike back on. “I work alone.”

“Then what were you saying about your brothers?” Moon asked raising an eyebrow.

“Fuze helps make my gear, and Light tends to patch up my wounds.” Book explained.

“Well, it seems that now you need partners, your enemies won’t be all in the same place. And even batman had Superman at his side.”

“He had Robin, and couldn’t stand Superman half of the time. Get your comics straight.” Book said coldly.

“Do I look like a bird boy to you?” Moon asked pretending to be hurt

“You sure don’t look like a man of steel.” Book replied bluntly. “Your heart’s in the right place, but I’m not going to have blood on my hands if something happens to you. I do this so other people don’t have to. You know the Sterling code, always protect your family.”

“Listen, you said that this guy has super strength and dexterity. Something tells me that you haven’t found a way to combat this. I’m your guy! I can take on the big guys!” Moon tried to say.

“I’m sorry Moon, the answer is still no, what if something would happen to you??” Book asked.

“How did you really get those bruises.” Moon asked, trying to make a point.

“None of your business. Go home. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Book said as he started moving around him.

Moon rolled his eyes, and he turned again into his wolf form, “Fine, but you must tell Sunset, she deserves to know the truth!” Moon jumped away, leaping from tree to tree and disappearing from the eye.

Book knew that a part of him could trust Moon, but he knew what kind of danger he was in. He wasn’t willing to risk his cousin over something which he promised to do.