• Published 13th Jul 2019
  • 2,125 Views, 36 Comments

Scars - Theponywriter22



Most people have scars, no one more then Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle and this is their Story.

  • ...
13
 36
 2,125

Chapter 5. A Much Needed Vacation.

Sunset stayed in the waiting room, it had been hours since Twilight was taken in. Sunset paced back and forth, she couldn't stay in one place, so many thoughts ran through her head. She called the school to let them know she wont be in for long time, she couldn't say for how long though. Time felt to be going so slow, she just wanted some bit of information to keep her going, just something, anything. Another hour had past before the doctor came to see Sunset. He sat her down and explained that Twilight's condition was critical and that in few month's she wouldn't be able to walk and in year she was going to die.

Sunset heart shattered and her life was falling to pieces before her. "There must be something we can do?"

"Im going to give you the medication she need's and you have to follow these strict instructions." The doctor wrote down the instructions on a piece of paper and handed it to her. "But Im so sorry Mrs Sparkle, but im sorry there is no cure. My best advice is for both of you to enjoy what time you have left together."

Sunset entered Twilight's hospital room and sat by her bed. Tears streamed down her face as she held Twilights hand stroking it gently. "I love you baby. I love you so much."

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
The next Day

Once Sunset was given Twilight's medicine, they we're able to drive home since there was nothing else they could do and Twilight's condition was now stable. The drive home was so quite you could hear a pin drop, Sunset didn't know what to say and she felt as though if said anything that she would break down and cry. With one hand on the steering wheel, her other hand held Twilight's hand gripping it tightly as if she let go of her wife she would disappear. It stayed like that for rest of the day, except for when Twilight took Spike to one side and explained everything. Sunset took this moment to go out of the house, she found a quite spot in the park to cry and vent out. "Its not fair! ...ITS NOT FAIR!" Sunset screamed before dropping to the floor, crying into her hands.

"No its not." a voice said behind her, she was shocked to see it was Trixie. "Twilight called me, she told me. Im so, so sorry Sunset."

"Why did this have to happen its not fair!" She continued to cry.

Trixie walked over to her best friend and dropped to her knees before pulling Sunset into a hug, holding her tightly. Trixie didn't say anything except held her tightly as her own tears began to fall. It hurt to see her best friend go through something this painful she wished there was away to help or at least take it all away. "The best thing to do now is go home and spend time with Twilight, while you still can."

Sunset looked at Trixie and nodded in agreement. As she was walking back an idea popped into her head and it made her smile for the first time in a while. She entered the house and found Twilight in the front room sitting in the Armchair, reading a book. Sunset Stood there for a moment staring at Twilight taking in all her of her breath taking features. In this moment she look perfectly fine like nothing has even happened. She wanted to freeze this moment in time to never let go perfectly preserving her, but the cruel hand of time was slowly taking her away and the world was going to be a cold place without her.

Twilight eventually looked up to see Sunset was staring at her with a sad smile. She showed Sunset the front cover it was the new Daring Do book that came out Three months ago. "I had been meaning to read it. Now's better then never." Twilight gave Sunset her usual bright smile.

Sunset pulled out her phone and look down her playlist of music and stopped her romance songs. She played it from the begging and left it on the on shelf on full blast. It was Twilights favourite song and she smile as she looked up again to see Sunset holding out her hand. "Can I have this dance?"

"Certainly." She grasped Sunset hand before standing up.

Sunset held her close as she wrapped her arms around her waist and danced slowly around the living room. "So I have an idea." Sunset said softly. "Lets go on a vacation."

"But work and our responsibilities." Twilight replied.

"Twilight we don't have long. Who cares about any of them now. Please we lets just get away before its too late." Sunset pleaded.

"Your right, but Spike has to come too I want all three of us together."

"I wouldn't have it any other way. I care for Spike too, I wouldn't want him to miss out." Sunset replied.

"So where did you have in mind?" Twilight asked curious.

"How about Equestria?" Sunset asked with a slight smile.

Twilight let out a squeal of delight. "Oh I've always wanted to go."

"I'll take that as a yes." Sunset said with her smile getting slightly bigger.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Twilight cheered stepping back bouncing up and down on her tip toes.

Sunset smiled brightly seeing how happy Twilight is, gave her hope. "I love you."

"I love you." Twilight gave Sunset long and deep kiss before going back to slow dancing with Sunset as she held her closely.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The Next Day.

Sunset and Twilight took Spike to the portal, they didn't see any point in packing anything since ponies didn't really wear clothes the only thing Sunset brought with her was the medicine that Twilight needed. She had sent Princess Twilight a message in the book, so when they stepped through the portal they we're met with a friendly face. "Sunset! Twilight!" Princess Twilight cheered as they stumble through the portal.

Princess Twilight help her human counterpart now turned pony up. "Princess. Oh my god, IM A PONY!" Twilight Squealed.

"Yep you certainly are!" Sunset chuckled as she nuzzled her wife before turning to look at her Alicorn friend. "Hey Princess."

"Am I a Dragon!" Spike asked as looked his wings and scales over.

This made everyone laugh before they headed over to the map room for a cup of tea and chat, while both Spike' headed on out to do some mischief. "So what brings you here?" Princess Twilight asks.

"Just a vacation away." Sunset quickly answered before looking over at Twilight who gave her appreciative smile.

"That's Great! How long do you plan staying?" Twilight asked beaming.

"A few weeks." Twilight answered.

"That gives us plenty of time to show you around." Princess Twilight.

"Well I need to do something but I'll catch up with you girls later." Sunset placed her cup on the table and got up off the throne.

"Oh okay don't be too long." Twilight replied confused.

"I wont, promise. I Love you." Sunset planted a kiss on Twilights cheek before trotting out of the room.

"Don't she probably gone to talk to Princess Celestia, to patch things up." Princess Twilight said trying to comfort her double.

Afterwards Princess Twilight decided to show her pony double around Ponyville. She took her Rarities Boutique where the Element of Generosity made Twilight a dress. It was a beautiful outfit made from the finest materials and was completely new, no pony had worn it before. She really lived up to her Element. Princess Twilight took her Sugarcube corner where they spoke to Pinkie, she asked a ton of questions and then baked her a fresh batch of cup cakes for her take and eat later.

Then it was to Sweet Apple Acres, where they paid Applejack a visit. The Farm was very impressive and so large, it was a wonder how the Apple family got all the work done. AJ gave her the full tour and even bumped into the Cutie Mark Crusaders along the way. After that they visited Fluttershy at her Animal Sanctuary were she helped to look after all the sick animals. It was really kind and impressive of her to look after so many animals. To finish of the tour they visited the school of friendship. It was empty since it was the weekend but it was still very impress all the same.

They we're now heading back to Princess Twilights castle for sit down and a break she was begging to feel really tired like she couldn't keep up. Twilight was amazed to such simulates between and differences Princess Twilight friends and her own. She had wished Sunset was with them, she would of loved to of spent the day with her.

"Sorry we didn't see Rainbow dash she busy with Wonderbolt stuff up in Cloudsdale, we can see her tomorrow if you like?" Princess Twilight asked.

"Yeah sounds, its shame Sunset wasn't with us, I'd like to see where she comes from." Twilight said

"Well when she comes back we can ask." Twilight opened the door to hear the sound of something coming from the library. "What's that sound?"

They entered the library to find Sunset using magic to bring different books to her before throwing them away. "Sunset, What are you doing?" Twilight asked confused.

"Princess Twilight, perfect timing, Celestia was no hope I need all your book on cures and or magical objects that can do the same. Or all your notes on the differences between the human world and this one. Anything you have an quick." Sunset asked franticly as she searched through books at a speed fast then the bookworm her self. Twilight understood what Sunset was trying do.

"Sunset I don't understand? What's wrong?" Princess Twilight asked confused.

"Princess could you give us some space." Twilight asked. The Princess nodded in response and left Twilight and Sunset alone. "Sunset you need to stop."

"No Twilight! There's a cure here I know it. Maybe a spell or a herbal remedies or a magical amulet. It has to be here or maybe you aren't dying because your pony body doesn't have any of the effects." Sunset was searching for this cure and she wasn't going to stop.

Twilight sat next to Sunset and placed her off hoof on Sunsets. "Sunset look at me." Sunset did as she was told. "Im dying and there is no cure I am terrified... But I more terrified of going through this alone I need you my side every day of every minute until my last. We have to make every moment count, life isn't worth living if I cant enjoy it with the one I love."

Sunset began to break down and cry. "But I cant live without you."

"We have stop focusing on the future, we have to focus on now before its too late." Twilight said as tears ran down her face.

"I love you Twilight"

"Love you too Sunset." Sunset and Twilight sat in pile of books hugging each other tightly afraid to let the other go.