• Published 13th Jul 2019
  • 2,125 Views, 36 Comments

Scars - Theponywriter22



Most people have scars, no one more then Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle and this is their Story.

  • ...
13
 36
 2,125

Chapter 2. The Date.

At the Camp ball Twilight remembered what Sunset said and built up the confidence to ask her out. This caused the bacon haired girl to blush heavily, but agree to go out with her. The Next day on the bus back home they sat next to each other holding hands. Twilight felt so safe next to Sunset, she felt as though noting bad would ever happen, making Twilight grip a little tighter. Sunset noticed but didn't mind, in fact she found it cute and it made her smile.

The bus arrived back home quite late which made them agree to push their date back tomorrow. When it came to leaving and going home, Sunset and Twilight held on to each other for as long they could until they had to let go. Twilight walked back home with Spike fast a sleep in her backpack, on the way home she had the happy feeling slowly wash off the farther away from Sunset she got and was now only left with silence and her thoughts. "Sunset is pitying you that's why she would only date you, she feels sorry for you. Your scars make you weak while hers make her stronger." Tears started to fall from her face. When she arrived home Twilight made sure she didn't look like she was crying. She spent a some time down stairs as she placed Spike in his basket and watched tv with her parents while she explained everything that had happed over camp.

After a while Twilight faked a yawn and excused her self up stairs where she quickly slipped into the bathroom grabbed a single razor and headed into her bedroom and locking the door behind her. This wasn't the first time she had done this, she held the razor against her left wrist and drew it across, blood began to seep out as she quickly grabbed the bundle of tissue and held it over her arm. It was a familiar pain, the sting it hurt so badly Twilight greeted her teeth, but exactly what she felt as though she deserved. She took her glasses off and placed them on her bed side cabinet before laying down as she cried into her pillow before falling off to sleep.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
The Next day.

Sunset woke up so excited as she thought about her date with Twilight tonight. She got up and open the curtains wide and looked outside it was bright sunny day with barely a cloud in the sky, she breathed in the warm summers air and listened to the birds happily tweeting away in the tree's. "Perfect!" Sunset said as she rushed off to do her morning routing. After she washed and dressed into her work clothes, Sunset rushed back over to her wardrobe to see what she should wear for tonight. But as she stood there looking at her clothes, she then realised, she didn't even know what they was doing on the date. She picked up her phone and texted Twilight.

Twilight was still in bed, the curtains were still closed as light tried to force its way into the muggy bedroom. With other arm she reached over to her glasses before looking at her phone and saw the text from Sunset. Twilight quickly replied and felt as though she immediately and regretted it, making her hit her head against the pillow. "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Sunset pulled out her phone once she heard it vibrate. Her began to flutter seeing Twilight had replied to her text.

I was thinking a movie and get something to eat afterwards nothing too fancy.

It sounded perfect. And now Sunset knew to wear something casual, nothing too fancy. She instantly replied before putting her phone back in her pocket and headed out to her weekend job.

Twilight was still groaning until she heard the sound of her phone Vibrate. She hesitantly opened her phone and took a good moment to read the text Sunset sent.

Sound good, I cant wait! See you tonight, don't be late!

Twilight was surprised at Sunset reply, she didn't understand it. "In not anything special, im just a screw up." Twilight ended up just chalking up to Sunsets kind personality. She sat up as she didn't feel like she could fall back to sleep again. Twi sighed looking down at the tissue covering her cut. "I better wear something long sleeved."

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Later That Night

Twilight was waiting out side the cinema dressed in black jeans and long sleeved purple jumper with a light purple bag over her shoulder. She made sure her hair was down to make it feel more relaxed. Her heart was beating so fast and flood of anxiety filled her up as horrible thoughts flooded her mind. "She's not going to show, its all a joke. you should go home your going to be alone. who would even date someone like you."

She violently shook her head clearing all the thoughts out of her head. "Its fine I just arrived too early, she gonna show any-" She stop talking as soon as she saw Sunset, she found her heart skipped a beat. She adjust her glasses as she felt speechless, she was wearing a white and green shirt with a black jacket that had its sleeves rolled up showing the white inside of the jacket. But what really took the egg head's breath away was Sunset new hair cut. It was short, the shortest she had seen it and she looked beautifully perfect.

"Hi!" Sunset greeted smiling while blush at Twilights look.

"Hey..." Twilight was completely lost in Sunset.

"So what do you think of my new look?" Sunset asked as she posed so her date could get a good look at her.

"It er... I mean um." Twilight gave her head a little shake to brake out her trance. "You look stunning."

"While it certainly stunned you." Sunset giggled, making the egg head look off to the side blushing. "Oh do that it was cute, if it means anything you look pretty amazing yourself." This just made Twilight blush even more, her cheeks almost glowing red.

After all the teasing they headed into the cinema and chose a romantic comedy to watch, which led to a small argument about who was paying for the date with was soon settled by each of them paying for half. When it came for them to sit down, Twilight made sure Sunset stayed on right encase they held hands and Sunset felt the cut. She was afraid of what she would say if she found out. During the film Twilight had trouble concentrating on the film and was constantly on focused whether she doing a good job or not or if she should be doing more. But in the end she chose to push all those thoughts away and just enjoy the moment, this led to Twilight laying her head against Sunset shoulder. Sunset smiled at this leading her to rest her head against Twilights head, She lookdown at her favourite nerd seeing that she was holding the her jumper over her left arm. She had a good idea why but thought it was best to ask over dinner.

Once the movie was over they left the screen and walked outside towards the pizza place near by as they made small talk about the film. Twilight clung to Sunset she made her feel so safe and secure, Sunset was more then fine with this, just seeing how happy she was making Twilight was all worth it. She could tell how unhappy Twilight must be when she wasn't around, every time she looked into Twilights beautiful sparking eyes. She could see the Scars both mentally and physically and it weighed heavily on Twilight, taking its toll on her. She needed to find a way to help her.

They reached the restaurant and was show to table next to the window. At first they made small talk about their favourite pizzas and other really good restaurants, while they ordered their food waited for it too be brought to their table. Once the food was brought to the table they began to tuck into their food making enjoyable sounds and as they devoured it. Sunset waited for the waiter to come round and ask if they we're okay before she could begin to talk to Twilight and help her out, if she could.

"So... I've noticed you keep your jumper over wrist and I just have to ask... have you harmed yourself?" Sunset asks cautiously.

Twilight was shocked she thought she hid it so well, she couldn't bring herself to look Sunset in the eyes she just look down at her down at her food. "I thought I hid it well." That was she could think of as a reply.

Sunset tutted and carefully grabbed hold Twilight's hand she slowly lifted up her Jumper and looked at the cut on wrist, it was fresh and recent and it took every ounce of strength to fight back tears. Instead she lent down and gave it a light kiss with every compliment. "Oh my precious, beautiful, caring, amazing Twilight. You are worth so much more then you actually know."

"Im not, im not beautiful, or worth any of this kind of affection. You turn your weaknesses into your strengths and I cant im not strong enough to do that. I don't understand why you even agreed to go out with me." Twilight began to start silently crying, tears rolling down her cheek.

"I agreed to go out with you because I think your everything to me. I've always admired you from a far but never pushed anything on you encase you didn't like me back, I wasn't sure if I could handle that rejection and when you asked me I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I love you Twilight and I want to show you that kind of love." Sunset stood from the table, left some money on the table and held her hand out to Twilight ignoring the other people in restaurant. "Come with me."

"Where are we going?" Twilight asked confused.

"Your staying round mine, text your parents." Sunset told her as Twilight took her hand.

"Oh okay, but what are we going to do?" Twilight asked again surprised.

"Im going to love you and cherish you and show you how much you are loved." Sunset replied making Twilight blush.

Author's Note:

Beware large time jump ahead!