• Published 20th Jun 2019
  • 1,169 Views, 4 Comments

Relaxing - sonadam9

  • ...
9
 4
 1,169

Fun in the Mud

It was a sunny summer day. Twilight and Rarity were walking down the street. They were going to the store to buy some fabric.

“So Twilight, remind me why you would like me to teach you how to sew,” Rarity said.

“I had trouble with it last year in home ec.," said Twilight. "I thought that you could help me with it.”

Rarity smiled. “I can do that.”

“Thank you. What are we going to make?”

“A T-shirt. It is nice and easy.”

“I don’t know. That sounds hard.”

“It is a little harder then a pillow but I think you can handle it.”

“Well if you think that I can do it.”

They got to the store and looked at the fabric.

“So what kind of fabric do we need?” asked Twilight.

“A cotton fabric would be best,” said Rarity.

“Ok Rarity.” They looked at the cotton fabric for a bit. “What do you think of this one?” Twilight showed Rarity a purple fabric.

Rarity took it and looked at it. “That will make a nice shirt.” They went to the cutting table. Rarity got two yards of fabric.

“Um...Rarity isn’t that a lot of fabric?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, we will only need about half of it. But it's better to have more then we need in case we make a mistake.”

“That makes sense.” They paid for the fabric, left, and walked back to Rarity’s house. When they got there they went into her sewing room. “So how do we start?”

“With the pattern.” Rarity went over to a drawer and took out a pattern. “I prepared a pattern last night.”

“Ok so what do we do next?”

“We have to cut out the pieces.” Rarity took out some pins. “Ok, lay out the fabric on the table.”

Twilight took the fabric out of the bag and laid it out on the table.

“Now put the pattern pieces on the fabric.”

Twilight did what Rarity told her.

“How is this?” Twilight asked. She had put the pieces on the fabric all over the place.

“Good try, but this would be better.” Rarity put the pieces closer together, saving a lot of fabric. “This way, we have some more if we need it.”

“I'll have to remember that.”

“Now we have to pin the pieces down.” Rarity showed Twilight how to pin down the pieces. Twilight pinned them all down. “Good now we cut them out.” Rarity cut out one of the pieces to show Twilight. When she was done, Twilight cut out the rest of the pieces. When they were all cut out Rarity showed Twilight how to pin it together.

“How are we going to sew it together?” Twilight asked.

“We are going to use the sewing machine.” Rarity showed Twilight how to set up the sewing machine. When it was set up she explained how to use it. Twilight sat down at the sewing machine. “Don’t worry, I will be here to help you.”

“Thank you.” Twilight started to use the sewing machine. Rarity was standing right behind her with her hands over Twilight’s helping her. Feeling Rarity's hands on hers Twilight was blushing a little as she was working. About halfway through Rarity stopped needing to help Twilight. She stayed right behind her in case she need help. It took Twilight a little over an hour to finish. “What do you think?” Twilight ask holding up the shirt.

“No bad for your first try.” Rarity said.

Twilight blushed a little. “Thanks.”

“Your welcome. See, you can do it.”

“So what should we do now?” Twilight asked.

“Let’s get some dinner.”

“Sounds good I am getting hungry.” They left Rarity’s house and walked to the food truck at the park. They each got a sandwich and a can of soda. They sat down on a bench to eat. As they were eating...

“So Twilight, do you have any plans for tomorrow?” Rarity asked.

“No I don’t, why?” said Twilight.

“Would you like to keep working on your sewing?”

“I would like that. What do you have in mind?”

“How about a pair of shorts?”

“Sure, sounds like fun. Can we get the fabric when we are done eating?”

“It's getting late. Let’s do it tomorrow.”

“Ok, Rarity.”

When they were done, they got up, threw out their trash, and started to walk around the park. As they were walking...

“Twilight, would you like to stay the night?” Rarity asked.

“Yes, I would," said Twilight. "We have to stop so I can get my pjs.”

“It's fine, you can use some of mine.”

“Are you sure, Rarity?”

“Yes I am.”

“Thank you. Then let’s go back to your place then.”

They walked back to Rarity’s. When they got there they watched some TV and talked for a few hours. Then Rarity yawned.

“I'm getting tired. I think that it is time for bed.”

“Ok, Rarity. Where am I going to sleep?”

“You can use the guest room.”

“Thank you.” They went to Rarity’s room and she gave Twilight a pair of shorts and a T shirt. “Thank you Rarity. I will see you in the morning. Night.”

“See you in the morning night Twilight.”

After they were done saying goodnight Twilight went to the guest room. Twilight put on the shorts and T shirt, turned out the lights, and got into bed. Even though she was tired, Twilight laid there awake, thinking (I am laying in Rarity’s guest room wearing some of her clothes.)

Twilight had a small blush. “I really need to tell her how I feel about her. But what if she turns me down?” Twilight laid there worrying about what would happen if she told Rarity that she liked her more than a friend. As she was laying there worrying she yawns. “Well I guess I will just have to risk it and just tell her.” Twilight yawned, rolled over, and fell asleep.

The next day, after Rarity and Twilight had breakfast they left for the fabric store. It was another bright and sunny summer day. Twilight was walking a little behind Rarity looking at the ground. Rarity was saying something but Twilight wasn’t listing. “So what do you think?”

Rarity suddenly talking to her pulled Twilight out of her thoughts. “Hun...?”

“I asked you what you thought about using denim for your shorts.”

“Oh, sorry I wasn't listing.” Twilight was still looking at the ground she had slowed to almost a stop. Rarity stopped and turned back to Twilight.

“Are you ok, Twilight? If something is wrong you can tell me.”

Twilight looked around with a nervous look. Seeing that Twilight was uncomfortable with other people around, Rarity pulled her into the nearby park and they went to the back of the park and sat on a bench. They were they only ones there.

“Is that better?”

Twilight noded a little. “T-thanks.”

“Is something wrong? You have been um... off all morning.”

Twilight started to panic a little. She stayed silent as she was thinking to herself. (Ok Twilight, stay calm, take some deep breaths.) Twilight started to take some deep breaths calming down a little. 'Ok Twilight it is now or never you can do this.' Rarity was waiting patiently with a smile for Twilight to get her thoughts. After a few minutes Twilight started to speak slowly. “There's something I've been needing to tell you. But I'm not sure how to tell you.”

“Twilight, we have been friends for years now. You can tell me anything.”

“But that's just it. What I have to tell you could ruin our friendship.”

“Nothing you tell me ever could do that.”

“Ok well... I... um... you see...” Seeing Twilight was having a hard time getting whatever she want to say out, Rarity started to rub Twilight’s back. This made Twilight feel better. Twilight took a deep breath and started to slowly speak again. “Rarity, I like you.”

Rarity had a smile. “I like you too Twilight.”

Twilight was shaking her head with a blush. “I mean, more than a friend. I... I... I love you.” She blushed more and covered her face with her hands. “Please don’t hate me.” She was nearly crying. Rarity just kept rubbing Twilight's back.

When Twilight had mostly stopped crying, Rarity stopped rubbing her back. “Twilight, please look at me.” Twilight was still looking at the ground. She made no move to look at Rarity. Rarity reached down and pulled Twilight’s head up so she was looking at her. “Twilight, I...”

Twilight cut her off. “You hate me now. I knew that I shouldn’t have said anything.”

“I could never hate you. Because I love you too.”

Rarity moved her hand from Twilight’s chin. Twilight was looking up at Rarity with wild eyes. “You do? But we are both girls. I thought that you would say something like ‘That is unladylike.’ Or something.”

Rarity rubbed the back of her head. “I do say that a lot, don’t I?”

Twilight just smiles and nods. “But wouldn’t this ruin your reputation in the fashion community?”

Rarity laughed a little. “Twilight... Twilight, having a relationship with the same sex is completely accepted nowadays. I know that we are going to spend the day together. But how about we go out for a date later today?”

Twilight smiled and hugged Rarity tightly. “I would like that. Thank you so much for accepting me.” She was trembling with excitement.

“Your welcome. To be honest I have loved you for a while. But I wasn’t use how you felt and didn’t what to risk our friendship.”

“I felt the same way.”

“What made you decide to tell me?”

“I made the decision last night before I fell asleep. I had to tell you before someone else asked you out.”

“That makes sense.”

“Rarity, I know that I've asked a lot but can I ask you for one more thing?”

“Sure what is it?”

“Can I kiss you?” Twilight was blushing again. Rarity smiled and kissed Twilight on her lips. They kissed for a few seconds before parting. Twilight had a big smile.

“How was that?”

“It was really nice.”

“I am glad.” Rarity got up and held out her hand. Twilight smiled, got up, and took Rarity's hand. They walked to the fabric store holding hands. When they got there, they started to look at the fabric.

“Twilight, how about this?” Rarity showed Twilight some white denim fabric.

“I like it, but that looks like it would be harder to work with.”

“It would be a little, but I am going to be there the whole time.”

Twilight smiled. “As long as you're helping me I know that I can do it. Let’s get it.”

They bought the fabric and walked back to Rarity's house. When they got back, they went into Rarity’s sewing room. Rarity started to look at her patterns when she gets an idea.

“Twilight, I had an idea.”

“What is it?”

“Instead of the kind of shorts you normally wear, how about we make some short shorts?”

Twilight thought for a minute. “Sure, that would be fun.”

Rarity smiled. “Ok then.” She got the right pattern and gave it to Twilight, and she cut it out. When Twilight started to use the sewing machine, Rarity was standing behind her helping. Rarity stood closer than what was really necessary. Twilight caught on fast, so Rarity stopped needing to help about halfway through.

After a few hours of work Twilight was done. “What do you think?” Twilight handed them over to Rarity. Rarity looked them over.

“You did a good job.” She handed them back to Twilight.

“Thanks.” Twilight was blushing again.

“Why don’t you go try them on?”

“Ok, I'll be right back.” Twilight goes to the guest room and puts on her new shorts and T shirt. When she was changed she went back to Rarity. “Well what do you think?”

Rarity slowly walked around Twilight. “How do they fit?”

“They fit really good. How do I look?”

As Rarity was walking around Twilight she was looking her all over. “You look nice, but you could look better. Give me a minute.” Rarity ran to her bedroom and came back. “Here, put this on.” She handed Twilight a thin silver chain belt. Twilight started to put it though the belt loops. Rarity laughed.

Twilight stopped. “What is so funny?”

“It's not that kind of belt. Here, let me show you.”

Twilight took the belt off and handed it back to Rarity. Rarity walked up behind Twilight, put the belt around Twilight’s waist, and hocked it. The belt was not though any of the belt loops and was hanging off to one side.

“Hehe, thanks.”

“Your welcome. Here try this on.” Rarity handed Twilight a short black jacket. Twilight put it on. It only came down to where her belly button was.

“Well, how do I look now?”

“Amazing. Simply amazing.”

Twilight blushed. “Thank you.”

“Your welcome. There is a mirror on the wall if you would like to take a look.”

Twilight smiled and walks over to a mirror hanging a the wall. She looks at her reflection. “You're right, I do look good.”

Rarity walks over to Twilight. “I know. I am going to get changed. I'll be right back.”

Rarity left Twilight and went to her bedroom. She put on a pair of short black shorts, a black T shirt, a white jacket that came down to her belly button, and a thin silver chain belt that was hanging off to one side. She then went back to Twilight.

Twilight was still at the mirror checking herself out. Rarity smiled and walks over to her. “Having fun dear?”

“Yes I am.”

“Good. How do I look?”

Twilight turned and looked at Rarity. “You look fabulous.”

“Thank you. Are you ready to go out?”

“Yes, I just have to put on my shoes and socks first. I left them in your bedroom.”

Twilight and Rarity walked to her bedroom. Twilight picked up her socks and started to put them on.

“Twilight stop.”

Twilight stopped and looks at Rarity. “Yes what is it?”

Rarity was at her dresser looking in the sock drawer. When she found what she was looking for, she went over to Twilight.

“Here, try these.” Rarity handed Twilight a pair of knee high purple socks. Twilight took them and looked at them.

“Thanks, these look nice.” She put them on and then put on her shoes.

"What do you think?”

“I like them. They really complete the outfit.”

“I completely agree with you.” Rarity had put on a pair of knee high white socks and her shoes. “Ready to go?”

“Yes I am.” They got up and left the house. “So where are we going?”

“I was thinking we could go to the mall and then go get some dinner.”

“Sounds good to me. Can I um... hold your hand?” Twilight asked with a blush. Rarity smiled and held out her hand. Twilight smiled and took it. They walked to the mall and went in. “So what do you want to look at?”

“Nothing, really. I just wanted to do some window shopping.”

“Sounds good to me.” They walked around the mall for a while. “Rarity, can we get some dinner? I'm getting hungry.”

“Sounds good to me. I'm getting hungry too.” They left the mall and went to a nearby deli. They each got a sandwich and a can of soda. They sat down at a table and start to eat. “This is good."

“Yes it is," said Twilight. "So do you have to work on orders tomorrow?”

“Yes I do, but I could use an assistant.”

Twilight smiled. “Can I help?”

“Sure, you can. Why don’t you stay the night?”

“Sounds good to me.”

When they were done eating, they went to the park for a bit. When it started to get dark they headed back to Rarity’s.

“Today was a lot of fun," said Twilight. We need to do this again.”

“I had fun too," said Rarity. "We can go out on a date any time that you would like.”

They went back to Rarity’s and watched some TV for a while. The show they were watching had just ended when Twilight yawned. “I think I'm going to go to bed. I'm getting tired.”

Rarity also yawned. “Sounds good to me.” They got up and Twilight started to walk to the guest room. “Twilight why don’t you share my bed?”

Twilight stopped walking. “Are you sure?”

“Yes I am.”

“I would love to, Rarity. I just need to get my pjs. I will meet you in your bedroom.” Twilight went to the guest room and put on her pjs. When she was changed she went to Rarity’s bedroom. Rarity was already in bed. Twilight got in the other side “Night Rarity. I love you.”

“Night Twilight. I love you too.” They kissed before falling asleep.

They spent the next day working on orders. Twilight happily helped Rarity by getting her anything that she needed. As they were working, it started raining. When it was time for dinner, they stopped working and went to the kitchen. Rarity made them some food. When it was done, they sat down at the table to eat.

“This looks good, Rarity.” Twilight said before she started to eat.

Rarity smiled as she started to eat. As she was eating Rarity kept looking out of the window into her backyard.

“Is everything ok?” Twilight asked.

“Everything is fine, dear.”

“Are you sure? You keep looking into the backyard.”

From where Rarity was sitting she could see a big puddle of mud. “Yes I am.”

“Ok, as long as you're sure.”

They went back to eating. Rarity couldn't stop herself from looking out the window at the mud.

Twilight stopped eating again. “Ok something is up.” She got up and brought her chair over to where Rarity was sitting. Twilight sat down and looked out the window, but all she could see was mud. “Rarity why do you keep looking at the mud puddle?”

“Well... um... It is how I relax.”

“What do you mean?”

Rarity took a deep breath. “I like to play in the mud to relax.”

“That sounds like fun.”

“It is. Wait, me playing in the mud doesn't weird you out?”

“Why would it?”

“Because it is so unladylike.”

“We all have ways we like to relax.”

“Well as long as you're sure.”

“I am. Tomorrow when the rain has stopped would you like me to play with you?”

“While I would love your company, we still have a lot of orders to finish. So sadly we can’t do it tomorrow.”

“Ok, some other time then.”

When they were done with dinner, they watched some TV before going to bed.

Two weeks later, Twilight was at Rarity’s having lunch. It was raining again.

“So Rarity how many more orders do we have left?” Twilight said.

“Only two. We should be able to have tomorrow off.”

“Good.” Twilight looked out the window into the backyard. “So do you have any plans for tomorrow?”

“I was thinking that we could um... play in the mud. If you still want to, that is.”

“Yes I do. It sounds like fun.”

Rarity smiled.

When they were done with lunch they clean up. They go and finished the last two orders.

“So what should we do now?” Twilight asked.

“How about we make some special clothes for tomorrow?” said Rarity.

“Sounds good to me. What should we make?”

“I am going to make a mini skirt and a tank top for myself.”

Twilight thought for a minute before she smiles. “How about we make matching outfits?”

“I love it. Let’s get started.”

They got some purple fabric and started working on their mini skirts. With the two of them working on it, it didn’t take them long to finish the skirts. They then started working on making white tank tops. When their outfits were done, Twilight was looking at the outfits, thinking.

“What is wrong dear?” Rarity asked.

“Something is missing.” Twilight looked at the leftover fabric and smiled. “Do we have enough fabric left to make some knee high socks?”

Rarity looks at the fabric on the table. “We should have enough. Good idea, Twilight.”

“Thanks.”

They each made a pair of white knee high socks that were trimmed in purple.

The next day they got up and had breakfast. It was still raining a little.

“I thought that it would have stopped raining by now,” said Twilight.

“Well we are sure to have a lot of mud,” said Rarity.

“That is true.”

“Would you like some more coffee dear?”

“Yes I would thanks.”

Rarity poured Twilight another cup of coffee. Twilight added cream and sugar before she took a drink. When they were done with breakfast, they cleaned up and went upstairs to get changed.

“So how do I look?” Twilight said, turning around in her white tank top, purple mini skirt, and socks.

“You look good. How do I look?”

“Good as always.”

“Thank you. Are you ready to go?”

“Yes I am.”

They walked to the back door. By now it had stopped raining. They walked into the back yard and went over to the mud puddle. Rarity walked right in, smiling. Twilight stopped at the edge for a second before she walked in with Rarity.

“Hey Twilight.”

“Yes Rarity?” Twilight turned to face Rarity.

Rarity jumped up and splashed Twilight with mud.

“Oh it is on.” Twilight said as she jumped up and splashed Rarity back. They smiled and laughed as they ran around the mud puddle splashing each other. As they were jumping around their socks turned from white and purple to a brown color.

They jumped around for a while before they stopped and sit down.

“This is fun,” said Twilight.

“I'm glad that you are having fun,” Rarity said, laying down and rolling around.

Twilight watched Rarity for a bit when she got an idea. She took a handful of mud and put it down one of her socks. She kept filling her right sock until it was full of mud. She then started to fill her other sock.

Rarity had stopped rolling around and was watching Twilight. “That is a good idea, Twilight.” Rarity sat up and started to do the same. Rarity by now was completely covered in mud. You could no longer tell what color her outfit was. Twilight was still fairly clean. You could still see what colors her outfit was.

When Twilight had filled both of her socks she laid down on her back and started to make a mud angel.

When she was done, Twilight rolled around, making sure to get fully covered in mud. When she was, she sat up.

“Looking good there Twilight," said Rarity.

“Thanks. You look good too, Rarity.”

“Thank you dear.”

“Rarity.”

“Yes Twilight?”

Twilight answered by throwing a big handful of mud at Rarity. It hit her right in the face. She laughed.

“Very funny.”

They get up and started to throw mud back and forth, running around. One of Twilight shots missed Rarity and hit one of the windows of Rarity’s house.

“Oops. Sorry Rarity, I will clean that up later.”

“Thank you.”

Eventually, Rarity started to get tired and sat down. Twilight also sat down next to Rarity and they wiggled around for a bit, making sure their butts were nice and covered in mud before they stopped. They sat there in the mud, resting.

“So Twilight how do you relax?” Rarity asked.

“I... um... it is a little odd.”

“Odder than me playing in the mud?”

“Y-yes.”

“It's ok. You can tell me. I won't judge you.”

“Really?”

“Yes, dear. I would never judge you.”

“T-thanks. On days that I relax I like to sit and read with a big glass of ice tea.”

“You like to read, what is so odd about that?”

“When I need the bathroom I um... like to wet myself.” Twilight was blushing but you couldn’t see it though all of the mud.

Rarity hugged Twilight. “Thank you for telling me.”

“You don’t think I'm odd?”

“Not at all. We all have ways we like to relax. So what about wetting yourself do you like? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I don’t mind. The warm and wet feeling feels really good.”

They sat and talked for a while. As they were talking the sun started to dry the mud puddle. After they had been talking for a while...

“Let’s go get cleaned up and get something to eat,” said Twilight.

“Sounds good to me,” said Rarity. They got up and started to walk to the back door. As they were walking they passed a blow up pool filled with water. Rarity smiled, getting an idea. She stopped walking. “Hey Twilight, I have a fun idea.”

“What is it, Rarity?” Twilight also stopped walking.

“How about we use the pool and give each other a bath?”

“You want to get naked outside?”

“What? Heavens no. I was thinking that we do it full dressed.”

Twilight thought for a second. “Sure, why not? It could be fun.”

“Ok, I'll be right back.” The mud had dried enough on Rarity so that she wouldn’t get mud all over her house. She went into the bathroom and got some soap and shampoo. She then went back to Twilight. “Ok Twilight, get into the pool and I will give you a bath.”

“I'm your guest. You should go first, not me.”

“What kind of host would I be if I went first?”

“Well as long as you're sure.”

“I am.”

Twilight took off her socks and got into the pool. When Twilight was doing this, Rarity got the garden hose and brought it over to the pool. Twilight was now sitting in the middle of the pool.

“So how do we start?”

“We start with soap.” Rarity said as she started to cover Twilight in soap. When Twilight was nice and covered Rarity started to scrub Twilight’s sides.

Twilight had a big smile on her face. “This feels nice.”

“I am glad. Can you please put your legs on the side of the pool?”

Twilight did what Rarity asked. Rarity smiled and started to scrub Twilight’s legs, slowly moving down to her feet. When she got there she started to scrub Twilight’s feet lightly. Twilight laughed and kicked her legs a little.

“Sorry, my feet are ticklish.”

Rarity got a devilish smile. “Oh, you're not sorry yet, but you will be.” Rarity scrubbed and tickled Twilight’s feet more. This made Twilight laugh and kick more. Rarity’s smile got bigger as she tickled both of Twilight’s feet all over.

Twilight was laughing very hard by now. “R-rarity... s... stop... I’m... going... to...” She was laughing so hard she was having a hard time speaking. Before she could finish her sentence a hissing sound came from her as she started to wet herself.

Hearing this Rarity stopped. “I am so sorry. I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

Twilight had a goofy smile. “It's ok. Could you do it again sometime?”

“You want me to tickle you until you wet yourself?”

“Yes, it was fun. I like wetting myself remember?”

“Yes I do. Ok then, I will do it again sometime.”

“Thanks.”

“Your feet and legs, are clean, you can put them back in.”

Twilight put her legs back into the pool.

“Ok, can you please get on your hands on knees? So I can clean your butt."

“Sure.” Twilight got on her hands and knees, and Rarity started to scrub and rub Twilight’s soap-covered butt. “That feels really good, Rarity.”

“I'm glad that you like it.” When her butt was clean she sat back down and Rarity covered her hair in shampoo. “Ok, you can get out and I will rinse you off with the hose.” Twilight got out and stood next to the pool. “Sorry, this may be a bit cold.”

“It's ok. It is hot out today.”

Rarity smiled, turned on the hose, and rinsed the soap and shampoo off of Twilight.

When Rarity had fully rinsed Twilight off, Twilight said “Thank you. Now it's your turn.”

Rarity smiled, got into the pool, and sat down. Twilight covered Rarity in soap and started to scrub her sides.

“You're right, Twilight. This does feel nice.”

Twilight smiled and kept cleaning Rarity. “Ok Rarity please put your legs on the side of the pool.” Rarity did this, and Twilight cleaned her legs and feet. Twilight was careful when she was cleaning Rarity’s feet, because she didn't know if Rarity’s feet were ticklish. Twilight didn’t want to accidentally make Rarity wet herself. “Your feet and legs are nice and clean. Please get on your hands on knees so I can clean your butt.”

Rarity smiled and did what Twilight asked. Twilight covered Rarity’s butt in soap and started to rub and scrub. “You're right Twilight this does feel nice.”

“I told you.” Twilight scrubbed Rarity’s butt for a few more seconds before she stopped. “Ok, you can sit back down.”

“Twilight, would you, um... keep rubbing my butt?”

“One butt massage coming right up.” Twilight started to rub Rarity’s butt.

“Thanks. This feels really good.”

“I'm glad.” Twilight rubbed a little harder. “Rarity, your butt is so soft. It's like a pillow.”

“T-thank you.” Rarity was blushing but Twilight couldn’t see it.

Twilight massaged Rarity’s butt for about five minutes.

“Ok, that's enough.” Twilight stopped and Rarity sat up. “Thank you. That felt really good.”

“I'm glad, and before you ask, I will give you a butt massage whenever you want.”

“Thank you.”

Twilight covered Rarity’s hair in shampoo. Rarity got out of the pool and Twilight rinsed her off.

“Thank you,” Rarity said again.

“Your welcome. We should do that again.”

“I would like that. Let’s go dry off and go get something to eat.”

“How about we just go? It's hot out we will dry off in no time.”

“Sounds good to me.” Rarity turned off the hose and they left to get something to eat.