• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 1,619 Views, 16 Comments

The Element of Laughter - The-rogue-shadow



Spin-off to 'A New Harmony' and focuses on Pinkie as she discovers the dark side of herself.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,619

Alternate ending

Pinkamina smiled as she pulled the blade out of the chest of the black earth pony. His teeth littered the ground due to a vicious beating that Pinkamina had doled out onto him. She turned to the sound of muffled crying that was coming from the corner of the room that she was in. The pale blue unicorn covered her eyes with her hooves, as blood flowed down her face from her forehead, where her horn used to be.

"What's wrong Trixie? I let you say goodbye to your father. What more could you have asked for?" She said, laughing maniacally. She walked across the room and stood over her, stretching her arms as she balanced on two legs.

"It's okay Trixie. Stop crying. It will all be over soon." Pinkamina said, caressing Trixie's hair gently with her sword. Trixie lowered her hooves, looking Pinkamina directly in the eye, her mascara staining her cheeks black. Pinkamina's smile widened.

"You see? That's all I want. Everypony just has to smile, smile, smile." She said, raising her sword above her head and bringing it down with all of her might. The warm blood splashed onto her face and she licked it off her cheeks as she pulled the sword back. Pinkamina closed her eyes, looking to speak with her partner in revenge.

"I wish you wouldn't lick the blood Pinkamina, It makes my mouth taste terrible when I take back control." Said Pinkie happily. Pinkamina hugged her, as both ponies floated in the darkness that was Pinkie's mind.

"Oh I'm sorry Pinkie, but you know how much I like the taste." Laughed Pinkamina, "Besides, think about it; this is what we've been waiting for. Duskheart, Trixie and I.Q are all dead, meaning that the last pony left is Celestia. Once she's dead we can put this whole scene behind us and finally get some peace." Pinkie nodded, hugging Pinkamina again.

"By the way, I love your new hair Pinkie." Said Pinkamina, referring to Pinkie's now straightened mane.

"Thanks Pinkamina, I thought it was time for a change." Said Pinkie, blushing as she fondled her mane. Pinkamina put her hoof on Pinkie's shoulder and nodded, closing her eyes and taking back control of the body.

Pinkamina sheathed her sword and dropped down onto all fours so as to remain inconspicuous. Leaving Duskheart's house, she passed a wanted poster with her face on it, tearing it down and adding it to her already large collection. Luna's white moon guided her along the streets of Manehatten, where post war hysteria still kept ponies in the grip of fear. The war had ended eight months earlier with the return of Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and the subsequent banishment of Gilda by her father, the emperor of the griffins. And although many of her friends had died in the final battle against Gilda and a few of her loyal followers, including Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack and Big Mac, It was still a victory that Pinkamina had helped to realise. She eventually found her way to a small shack on the outskirts of the city. Walking inside, she was surprised to find a very familiar brown stallion standing in front of a large wooden blue box.

"Hello Pinkamina." Said The Doctor sadly, as Pinkamina laid her weapons down on a table.

"It is nice to see you again Doctor. What brings you here on this fine night?" She asked happily, motioning for a hug, but upon realising that she was covered in blood, thought better of it. Pinkamina noticed a tear running down the Doctor's face and walked over to him.

"Is everything okay Doctor?" She asked, putting her hoof on his shoulder. The Doctor shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Pinkie. I failed you. I was meant to fix everything that Duskheart had done to you…. And I couldn't. I just wish I didn't know what happens next." He said, not looking Pinkamina in the eyes.

"Doctor you're scaring me." Said Pinkamina, lifting his chin with her hoof.

"I'm leaving Pinkie. The next time we meet, you won't recognise me. I just came to say that I am sorry that I couldn't save you." Said the Doctor. Pinkamina took a step back as the Doctor's hooves glowed with a golden light. He quickly opened the blue box and stepped inside. A moment later, a strange sound came from it, and the light on the top flashed in perfect synchronisation with the sound. Pinkamina's eyes went wide as the blue box began to vanish before her eyes. It disappeared completely, leaving only silence, and a cold wind that made Pinkamina shiver. She looked back at the table and saw a box, tied with a blue ribbon. Cautiously, Pinkamina opened it, and found a chunk of black rock, and a note that said; 'Because it must happen- D.' After a moment of inspection Pinkamina realised what the rock was. She closed her eyes and went into the darkness.

"Pinkie look! It's the adamantium that we need. The Doctor left it for us." She said, astonished. Pinkie smiled.

"That means that we have everything that we need, right?" Asked Pinkie and Pinkamina nodded, smiling.

"Well then it looks like we have to go and visit our old friend." Said Pinkie.

The next morning Pinkamina started the long and arduous walk toward her hometown; Ponyville. Every town she passed on the way there had large signs banning the entrance of discussion of Griffins, and ponies were very wary of strangers, as Pinkamina realised when she was challenged in the middle of a town by a young stallion, who asked her questions about her dealings with griffins. Pinkamina responded with the truth, that she had killed hundreds in the Great War, and never hesitated to kill more. The stallion let her past and she could see ponies lowering their weapons out of the corner of her eye. It was night time when Pinkamina finally reached Ponyville. She decided to rest inside Fluttershy's cottage, knowing that it would be empty. Pinkamina gagged at the smell of rotting animal carcasses, and it took hours to find the sources of the smell and get rid of them. She lay down on Fluttershy's bed, letting the moth eaten blanket keep her as warm as possible. She quickly fell asleep, and she and Pinkie frolicked in the darkness.

Pinkamina awoke shivering, a thin layer of frost covered the inside of the cottage and outside seemed no better. She lit a fire and warmed herself, checking her belongings. It was mid-morning when she left the cottage, but not before hurting her hoof by stepping on a rabbit skull. Pinkamina reached Ponyville to find it bustling with activity. The market was loud and fast, with ponies shunting each other out of the way to get the best deals. She walked through the centre of the market, staring down anypony that stood in her way, and found it remarkably easy. The ponies gave her a wide berth, even the ones that she knew. Pinkamina smiled at the fearful respect that she received. She stopped her destination through the crowd and headed for it, determined to get her business done and continue her mission. She opened the door to Rarity's boutique, a bell sounding, letting her old friend know of someponies arrival. Pinkamina looked around the store. It was much like it had been before the war, except that now there were no clothes for stallions, only mares, and each one was designed to make the wearer inconspicuous. Pinkamina turned as she heard the voice of the white unicorn behind her.

"Hello. Welcome to Rarity's….. Pinkie?" Said Rarity, obviously surprised to see her. She started to back away, her eyes wide and fearful. Pinkamina smiled, nodding.

"Hello Rarity. I have a request for you." She said, walking closer to the retreating pony. Rarity suddenly turned and galloped through a curtain. Pinkamina followed slowly, as Rarity entered a room and slammed the door behind her. Pinkamina knocked, calling out her name in a sweet voice. Rarity just shouted at her to leave. She sighed, reaching into her saddlebags and pulling out a piece of paper. She slid it under the door partway, and it was quickly snatched up. A moment later, the door opened to reveal Rarity holding the paper up with her magic.

"Is this what I think it is?" She asked, and Pinkamina nodded, smiling.

"Yes it is. If you go to that location, you will find Tinker and then…. Well that's up to you." Pinkamina told her, and she could see Rarity's eyes burning with rage.

"What do you want me to do?" Rarity asked. Pinkamina produced another piece of paper; this one was covered in drawings. Rarity read it and nodded.

"I have the materials right here." Pinkamina said, gesturing to her saddlebag. Rarity took a deep breath, before leading Pinkamina out the back of her store to a small shed that was coloured purple and decorated in a similar style to Rarity's boutique. Inside the shed was an entire blacksmith's workshop, complete with smelter. Pinkamina emptied the saddlebags onto the table as stood back as Rarity inspected the contents.

"Are you sure? Is this really what you want?" Asked Rarity and Pinkamina just nodded. Rarity sighed, looking at the plans again.

"Give me three days and all the bits you can muster. I can make this." Said Rarity. Pinkamina dropped a large bag on the table, coins spreading over the top.

"How's this?" Said Pinkamina, smirking as Rarity's jaw dropped.

"I'm not even going to ask how you got this. Now leave, I'll notify you when it's done." She said, pushing Pinkamina out of the shed and locking the door. She laughed to herself and set off to explore the now unfamiliar town. She found a monument in the town centre, and a plaque with thirty names on it, all with an 'X' next to them. Big Mac's name was at the top, and Pinkamina bowed her head in respect to the fallen. She eventually walked past the library where her friend, Twilight Sparkle had been residing before the war. She shook her head at the sight of the now rotted, dilapidated tree. Unicorn magic had kept it from being subject to the whims of nature, but now it was over-run. Pinkamina noticed a large, yellow demolition notice attached to the door. She kept walking, noticing that apples were almost non-existent in the market, instead, the fruit stalls were filled with pears. As she looked around, her eyes rested on sugarcube corner, her previous home and workplace, and try as she might, Pinkamina couldn't bring herself to enter. Leaving Ponyville in such a hurry that she surprised herself, Pinkamina went back to Fluttershy's cottage. Sitting on the couch, Pinkamina closed her eyes and went into the darkness.

"We are so close Pinkamina. I'm getting excited." Said Pinkie, a huge grin on her face, and her eyes shining with excitement. Pinkamina laughed, feeling her hooves shake as she thought of what lay ahead. A thought occurred to Pinkamina, and it suddenly troubled her.

"What do we do afterwards?" She asked, and Pinkie stopped bouncing to look her in the eye.

"I don't know, but at least I will have that satisfaction of knowing that nopony will ever have to go through what we did ever again. Pinkamina nodded, clapping her hooves together. A pink cloud appeared above them both and chocolate rain started to fall. Pinkie squealed and opened her mouth, gargling the chocolate as Pinkamina swayed and danced as she became drenched in the liquid.

Pinkamina stayed in the darkness over the next two days, leaving only to eat and relieve herself. On the night of the second day, as Pinkamina ate the last of her dinner, a purple orb of magic shot through an open window and stopped in front of her. Pinkamina took it to be a message from Rarity. She galloped into Ponyville and to Rarity's shed. She was let in by a sweaty and soot-blackened Rarity, dressed in a Blacksmith's apron. Pinkamina smiled as she looked at the creation, a shield, made with a rainbow crystal in the centre, a middle ring of a shiny black metal and an outer ring of adamantium.

"Thank you Rarity, this is perfect." Said Pinkamina, reaching for it, until her hoof was batted away by Rarity.

"I don't think so. I told you that I would have it finished in three days, I finished it in two. I think I deserve a reward." Said Rarity. Pinkamina narrowed her eyes.

"What kind or re-" She started, before being cut off by a kiss from Rarity. She pushed away, smiling before embracing Rarity in furious passion, kissing and stroking her.

"Good choice of reward." Said Pinkamina, before tearing the blacksmith's apron off Rarity.

Pinkamina woke up in Rarity's shed to find Rarity curled up in her arms. She carefully eased herself out, so as not to wake her up, grabbed the shield and made her way back to the cottage for the rest of her belongings. Pinkamina covered the shield in Fluttershy's blanket and tied it to her back. She walked back to Ponyville and waited for the train to arrive. An old mare sat next to her, breathing heavily.

"Off to Canterlot as well dear?" She asked, and Pinkamina nodded, smiling at her. "business or pleasure?" Pinkamina rubbed her chin as she thought of the answer.

"Both." She finally said, as the train pulled up. Pinkamina headed for the end car, sitting at the back, away from anypony. She let her mind wander as the train began its four hour journey to Canterlot. She eventually fell asleep, before being jolted awake by the sounds of the train's whistle as it pulled into Canterlot station. As soon as she got off the train, she galloped down the nearest alley and hid, pulling a map out of her saddlebags and rolling it out on the ground. Studying it for a moment, she put it back and walked toward the nearest storm water drain. Pinkamina took a deep breath and crawled through the small opening, as torrents of water assaulted her as they looked for the path of least resistance. As she crawled through the maze of tunnels, given relief only by the appearance of small service platforms, she started to think of the best way to complete her task, and decided on the full frontal assault, where she was at her best. Finally finding the correct tunnel, she picked up speed, growing more anxious and excited at the same time. Climbing out of what she assumed was the right tunnel, Pinkamina found herself in a beautiful garden, and at the bottom of the royal palace of Canterlot. Taking a minute to catch her breath, she closed her eyes and entered the darkness.

"Now remember the deal, you get me in and I kill her, okay?" Said Pinkie, and Pinkamina rolled her eyes, smirking.

"Of course I remember; you never let me forget it." Laughed Pinkamina. She closed her eyes and woke up in the body.

She stood up on two legs, stretching. She untied the shield and strapped it to her arm, then unsheathed her sword. Pinkamina took a deep breath, and started to run towards the nearest door. Two guards noticed her but were cut down before they could raise the alarm. She sprinted through the palace, not letting any pony, guard or otherwise, slow her down. As she turned a corner, she saw Twilight, her eyes wide. Pinkamina galloped at her, but at the last moment, hit her with the shield instead of the sword. Twilight fell to the ground, and Pinkamina kept going, not looking back. She could see the doors to the throne room ahead, as well as a platoon of soldiers guarding it. She pushed herself to go faster, cutting a vicious swath through the group and killing them all before they had time to react. Panting heavily, Pinkie opened the doors to the throne room, and stared at her target; Princess Celestia.

"So it's time. I thought I had longer." Said Celestia as Pinkamina walked toward her. Pinkamina flicked her sword, shaking off some of the blood.

"I had heard that you possessed visions your majesty. I would have thought that you would try and change your fate." Said Pinkamina, keeping a very watchful eye on Celestia's horn. Celestia shook her head.

"I did. But according to the Doctor, it is a fixed point in time and cannot be changed." She said monotonously.

"But who's fate is fixed, mine or yours?" Asked Pinkamina. Celestia smiled weakly.

"I don't know, but either way, one of us is not leaving the room. And I see that I am at a disadvantage. Is that a shield of Discord?" Celestia asked, gesturing to her shield. Pinkamina nodded.

"Yes it is, originally built by the agents of Discord during the time when he ruled Equestria. The only thing that can withstand the full might of your magic." Pinkamina told her, smiling. Celestia bowed her head, unsheathing a golden sword from beside her throne.

"Then we shall see if your efforts have been worth it." Said Celestia, stepping down from her throne. Her horn glowed and a beam of light shot out of it, heading toward Pinkamina. She held up the shield and braced herself; the magic hit it and was refracted, gouging a trench into the ground around Celestia. The beam stopped and Pinkamina lowered the shield, smiling as she saw Celestia's look of shock. Pinkamina attacked, swinging her sword with expert ease, as Celestia's centuries of training and experience was all that saved her.

The battle tide of the battle swapped between the two as both ponies attacked, neither wanting to die that day. Pinkamina pushed Celestia backwards towards one of the windows and when she was close enough, she tackled Celestia and they both fell the six stories to the ground below. Pinkamina groaned as she rolled off Celestia's bony frame. Her eyes opened wide as she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her side. She turned to see a dagger stuck into her side, as Celestia's hoof fell away from the handle. Gritting her teeth at the pain, Pinkamina slowly stood, picking up her sword and stepping on Celestia's wing so that she couldn't move. It was clear to Pinkamina that a few of Celestia's ribs were broken.

"I guess it's my fate to die today." Said Celestia, coughing up blood. Pinkamina nodded, finding herself saddened at Celestia's defeat.

"There's somepony that wants to say goodbye." Said Pinkamina, closing her eyes and letting Pinkie take over.

"Hello Tia, it's me, Pinkie." She said, grinning. A small tear ran down Celestia's face.

"I'm so sorry Pinkie. I tried." Cried Celestia. Pinkie shook her head.

"That's just it. You didn't. I suffered, Pinkamina suffered, because you never thought to look for me. It was all your fault." Said Pinkie, starting to cry. With a yell, Pinkie plunged the sword into Celestia's chest, all the way to the hilt. She let go, leaving the sword embedded there. Celestia screamed. Her voice faltered and went quiet as her eyes started to close. Pinkie dropped to her knees, breathing hard. She was startled as a loud boom came from behind her. She turned to see Luna, tears streaming down her face and her horn glowing with magic. Pinkie dived for her shield, which had fallen off her arm when she landed.

"TIA!!!" Screamed Luna, sending a beam of magic directly at Pinkie. She held the shield up just in time, deflecting the magic. The force of Luna's magic started to push Pinkie backwards, but she held on as best she could. She suddenly heard Pinkamina's voice in her head.

"I think it's time Pinkie. Let's have the peace we have wanted for so long." Said Pinkamina.

"I don't think I'm ready." Said Pinkie, scared.

"I will help you." Pinkamina replied. Pinkie hesitated for a moment, and then nodded. She dropped the shield and spread her arms wide. The magic latched onto her entire body, and Pinkie cried out. She closed her eyes and went into the darkness. Pinkie held onto Pinkamina as the body was destroyed. The darkness turned to white and they looked into each other's eyes as they faded away into death.

Comments ( 8 )

1066818
Well that's a spin off from another series of mine as well, but the first series isn't really necessary.

1066841
Well true, Although I do not consider 'A New Harmony' a sequel. The sequel is actually called 'Always connected- Aftermath' and I will be putting that up soon enough

1066872
I will, thank you. As you may have noticed, I don't do much editing, mostly because I just don't have the time. Although I do try to go back and do something if I get the chance.

I'll bet. I have read some shocking ones on Deviantart.

1067969
What, my story or the other one?

Okay, just checking. I only just woke up and i'm not quite caught up with my brain yet.

1815008
Oh, right, Thanks for picking that up. I've been meaning to go back through and edit all of my stories, but I haven't had the time.

She just learns about her dark side what? she doesn't know she has psychosis which is activated with her depression

Login or register to comment