• Published 22nd Jun 2019
  • 1,129 Views, 16 Comments

Rarity Borrows a Knife - AlexTFish



Rarity has a creative design in mind. What does she have to do to get the tools she needs?

  • ...
4
 16
 1,129

Epilogue

A week later, Applejack caught Rarity's hand as she was about to head home from school. "Say, uh, Rares?"

Smiling at the nickname, Rarity replied, "Yes, darling?"

Applejack fidgeted with her hat. "You remember the other day, when ya... made me that promise?"

Rarity immediately blushed. "Oh. Ah, yes, I certainly do. What of it?"

"How... How come you phrased it like that?"

"Ah. Well." The flush on her cheeks intensified. "I mean, I obviously did want to borrow the knife. I've already been making great progress with the carving, and–"

"Ya know that's not what I mean."

"Right, yes." Rarity coughed delicately. "I suppose... Ever since I went to my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago, I've just been thinking about the words they said. And I might have... downloaded the script and been staring at it. A little."

Not meeting her eyes, Applejack wryly replied, "Thought it mighta been something like that."

"Just... you understand, they're pretty words, and..."

"Yeah, I get it."

The two of them stood awkwardly side by side for a few moments.

"Well, jus' let me know if ya ever need to borrow any more farm equipment."

Rarity quirked an eyebrow. "I will, of course."

Applejack was still looking away from Rarity, but continued, "Like, say, if ya ever want a pig feeder, ya only have to ask."

"A what?" It was all Rarity could do to avoid bursting out laughing. "Why would I–"

Applejack suddenly turned around, grinning broadly, and said, "Y'know. So that I could... pledge thee my trough."

Author's Note:

I would apologise. But I don't want to. :raritywink:

(For those who didn't get the reference.)

Comments ( 8 )

Damn it you two, just admit it already you goofs!

Considering the content.

After finishing the first chapter, I saw the author's note about the feghoot and wondered what it had to do with anything. Did the bridal style promise count?

Then I read the second chapter, and it all made sense.

What's more annoying is that it sounds like something Applejack would actually say.

Wonder if AJ spent all week on that.

:rainbowlaugh: Magnificent. And I'm sure that the fact that Applejack brought those vows to mind has absolutely no deeper meaning whatsoever.

Best of luck in the contest.

9697211
Thank you! Yes, when this idea for an elaborate feghoot occurred to me, I knew it had to be either said by Sunset to Twilight or vice versa, or Rarity to Applejack or vice versa :raritywink: When the woodcarving puns started forming it was clear which of those pairings it had to be, and the rest, as they say, is history. Or a rather odd alternate history, as the case may be.

ROBCakeran53
Moderator

Okay, that first one wasn't so bad, how's the second-

OH MY GOD.

Oh wow. This is funny, impressive, and somehow also a full fic! Great work!

Login or register to comment