• Published 27th Nov 2019
  • 1,085 Views, 21 Comments

Project 131 - Sanguine Blade



Whatever God thought turning tanks into ponies must be insane.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,085

A Yank, A Brit, and Ponies

Author's Note:

Sorry this one was a little bit short. I just didn't want to have the groups giving away to much before meeting up

It was a normal day by Everfree standards. Zecora was wandering through the woods for herbal remedies. Everything was as normal until she heard someone speaking.

"Can't you just admit we're lost already." A voice said, and from Zecora's hearing it sounded like a male.

"We aren't lost. If we're in the Ardennes than heading this way should lead us back to Friendly lines." A female said as the bushes ahead shook from movement. What came out surprised Zecora. There were two bipeds walking out of the trees onto the path. One was a tall man in surprisingly fancy set of clothes with a red overcoat, white shirt with brass buttons, and a sword strapped on a belt around his waist. He wore a cap with a red band wrapping around the center, along with black pants, and boots.

The other was very...messy would be the best term. She wore a coat as well, but it was unbuttoned exposing a tan shirt and loose tie along with a cap in her hand, and loose shoes. What was intriguing was that both wore strange metal plates on their joints, and a weapon attached to the arm or hand by straps.

"And I'm telling you that we need to find a better method of direction than intuition you arrogant yank." The male replied. After a watching them for a few more moments, Zecora cleared her throat which made them snap their attention to her.

"I'm terribly sorry you had to hear that. Wait, where is the person who spoke and...what's an equine such as a zebra doing in the Ardennes?" The man said before sending a glaring eye at his companion.

"I am the one who gained your attention. Tell me what is this Ardennes?" Zecora spoke. This shocked both of them and the female squatted down to Zecora's height.

"Wow, I've never seen a talking Zebra. Wait a minute this isn't the Ardennes?!" The woman said as what Zecora had just said became clear.

"I told you that we needed directions. Honestly, why must you yanks be so stubborn." The male said.

"Can it Gramps." The woman said. "Anyway can you tell us where we are then ms..." The woman continued.

"I am Zecora the Zebra as you can see. Right now you are in the forest known as Everfree. Judging by your lack of knowledge of this flora and fauna I assume you don't know the Kingdom of Equestria." Zecora replied. This made the gentleman tense at hearing unfamiliar kingdoms.

"You would be correct. I am Sir Winston Churchill the Fourth, and this Yankee here is my companion." Churchill responded.

"I am Elanor Sherman or Sherry as I go by. I come from the United States of America, and gramps here is from Great Britain." Sherry said. Zecora of course had not heard of such nations.

"Well if you follow me. I can lead you out of the Everfree. If you walk this path further still. You will enter PonyVille." Zecora said walking on the path with her two oddities following behind.

"How are we gonna get back to the front at this point. its like we are not even on Earth." Churchill said.

"Calm down gramps, they won't lose because two tanks went missing. MY siblings have it covered and you Brits have plenty of spares lying round. Maybe they replaced you with a Firefly." Sherry replied.

"Oooh the shame. Replaced by another Yankee." Churchill said.


It took a good few minutes of walking before the strange trio made it to Ponyville. The ponies couldn't help, but stare at the two bipeds and their weird outfits as they walked towards the crystal castle.

"You said this mare can help us right madam Zecora?" Churchill asked.

"Indeed the Princess will help you and Sherry." Zecora rhymed as the came to the door of the large crystal castle. When the door opened a small reptile opened it with a purple claw.

"Hello Zecora. Who are these freinds of yours?" Spike said.

"I am Sherry, and gramps here is Churchill. We've come to get help from the princess." Sherry said.

"Oh okay. Come on in." Spike said as the door opened, and the duo was lead to Twilight, while Zecora went home to work on her remedies. The two were intrigued to see a winged unicorn as a princess.

"Hello I'm Twilight Sparkle. Princess of Friendship, so what do you wish to speak with me about?" Twilight asked.

"Well you see Ms. Sparkle. MY compatriot, and I seem to be in the wrong place, and if e don't return to our home there will be trouble." Churchill said giving a polite genuflect. Twilight was a little nervous around such frivolities.

"Oh that sounds bad. Please can you explain where you are from?"

"We're from Earth, the fourth planet of the Solar System. I hail from The United Kingdom of Great Britain. My compatriot is from the Unites States of America. We arrived here in 1945 by the Julian Calendar." Churchill said. This left Twilight Wide eyed.

"You okay Princess?" Sherry said waving a hand in the mare's face.

"Your...Your from another world?" Twilight said ins shaky tone before shaking her head, "I'm sorry, but you are not even on your own planet anymore it seems. This is the planet Gaia, in the Kingdom of Equestria. and its the year 1010 by the Celestial Caldendar."

Now it was their turn to be frozen in place. "WHAAAAAAAAT?!" The duo called out. This was going to be a looong day for the duo, and Twilight. What they didn't know is who else arrived that day to the North...And to the East