• Published 17th Jun 2019
  • 6,760 Views, 69 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Anguish - CapNTilfy



Anon-A-Miss' plan has bore fruit, but what immediate consequences will ensue?

  • ...
18
 69
 6,760

Admissions

The room fell deathly silent as the Rainbooms stared at Wallflower and Trixie expectantly.

The illusionist tightened her grip on Wallflower's hand. "Yeah," she said quietly, averting her gaze. "It's us... we're Anon-A-Miss."

Rainbow Dash got off her chair again, only to feel a strong hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Applejack shaking her head. The athlete grumbled and sat back down, glaring furiously at the duo.

Sunset Shimmer stared at the two, her expression unreadable.

Wallflower tightened her grip on Trixie's hand. "A... A-Aren't you going to say something? A-Aren't you angry?"

The Rainbooms looked to Sunset, who had kept her expression.

The rocker sighed heavily. "Yes. I'm angry," she said in a surprisingly calm tone. "I can't remember the last time I've been this pissed. There are so, so many things that want to say to the both of you."

Trixie and Wallflower closed their eyes, as though they were about to be struck by an invisible force.

"...But I won't."

Everyone gasped.

"What," Rainbow Dash roared.

Sunset looked at Rainbow. "Don't misunderstand me," she said, then turned back to the duo. "If were to say what I really, truly wanted to say, I would just be kicking a dog while it's down. And as justified as I'd be, as cathartic as it would feel... it would only make you feel worse." She sighed and looked away. "That's what the old me would do. But that's not who I am." She got up off of the bed. "Not anymore."

"I-I don't understand," Trixie said. "Why are you letting us off so easy?!"

Sunset began to walk towards the two. "In case you've forgotten," she said with a sad smile. "I've been where you two are."

Wallflower teared up. "S-Sunset..." she let go of Trixie's hand and began walking towards her.

"Stop," Sunset said as she held out a hand. "I'm not in the mood for hugs."

Wallflower back off a couple of steps. "I understand," she said with a defeated look.

"Yeah, that's fair enough," Trixie said.

"You're going to be given a lot of crap from the student body, though... I should know." Sunset sighed heavily.

YOU'RE A MONSTER!

Sunset yelped and nearly collapsed on the floor.

"Sunset, darling," Rarity said worriedly as she and Fluttershy picked her up.

"Guess ya shouldn'a got out of bed," Applejack said.

Sunset returned to the bed as a wave of dizziness swept over her.

"Are you okay," Pinkie asked.

The rocker took a deep breath, then heaved a sigh. "I don't know." she shook her head. "But maybe talking about it will help." she flinched as her head began to hurt.

"Don't push yourself," Rainbow Dash said.

"No," Sunset said. "I think I should have told you the night that it happened."

Trixie and Wallflower exchanged confused glances, then looked back at Sunset with the same expressions.

"The night that what happened," Wallflower asked.

"The night of the Fall Formal. When I was on the other side of the rainbow." Sunset looked her friends. "I'm going to need your support for this. It'll explain what was happening to me today..."

"Oh, my..." Fluttershy paused for a moment. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

Sunset smiled warmly. "I've got you guys by my side. I'm going to be just fine."

You're a monster!

The rocker flinched again, then took a deep breath. "When I was engulfed by the rainbow, I had visions of my life here in the human world... the worst parts. I-I almost died of starvation my first month here." She shuddered. "Time flowed normally, so I couldn't tell that I was still at the Fall Formal. Speaking of which..."

You're a monster!

Sunset grabbed her head and yelped.

"It's okay, Sunset," Rainbow said reassuringly, despite the panic she felt.

"We're here for you, darling."

Sunset choked up and mentally braced herself. She had done the easy part... "Wh-When I-I had the sledgehammer at the portal, I s-said I w-wasn't a..." tears streaming down her face as she let out a sob.

Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack hugged Sunset, letting their warmth comfort her.

Sunset shuddered again. "I... said I wasn't a monster. My demon form appeared in f-front of me and..."

You're a monster!

The rocker spasmed and grit her teeth, then looked up to her friends.

"We've got you, Sugarcube," Applejack said as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"And y-you've got this," Pinkie said as she barely contained a sob of her own.

Sunset gulped and took a deep breath. "Every terrible thing that I did..." she glanced at Wallflower and grunted as a pang of guilt hit her. "Every thing that I did was shown to me. All of the powerlessness. All of the rage. All of the sorrow. All of it was channeled into me." She shuddered again. "I had never been in such pain before." The rocker sniffled. "I had to resign myself to the fact that I was, indeed, a m-monster."

Silence again reigned in the room, save for Sunset's muffled sobs as Rarity handed her a box of tissues. "T-Thank you," she said.

A moment later, Sunset continued. "I was so sad and confused. I turned down Twilight's offer and went home." She blew her nose. "That night I didn't get any sleep because I was haunted by what I felt and saw." The rocker knew what she had to do next. She had no doubt in her mind it would be painful for everyone, but it needed to be done.

Sunset Shimmer looked straight at Wallflower Blush, who looked as though she was on the verge of bursting into tears. The rocker took a deep breath, then exhaled shakily. "Th-The next day, I saw you, Wallflower. I felt so, so terrible... th-that I ran up to the roof of Canterlot High... and I jumped off!" The rocker broke again, sobbing uncontrollably.

Wallflower stood still and sniffled. "O-Oh god," she whispered.

It would be several more minutes before Sunset calmed down with a heavy sigh. She looked at the gardener and the illusionist. "Is there anything you need to say before you go to Principal Celestia's office?"

Wallflower took a deep breath, then sighed and looked at Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Applejack. "We got your sisters involved... they're just outside the door. We were going to use them as fall guys."

"What," Rarity bellowed in fury while Applejack and Rainbow Dash exchanged confused looks.

"Scapegoats," Sunset explained while folding her arms.

Applejack's expression soured quickly. "...Y'all were gonna frame mah sister?!"

Rainbow Dash stood still, quivering with rage. "Leave. Now," she said quietly. "Unless you want me and AJ to put you both in these beds the hard way."

Wallflower and Trixie made a hasty exit as Rainbow Dash grabbed a pillow and punched it as hard as she could. "Motherfuckers..." She took a deep breath, then sighed heavily, staring at the ground until an idea came to her. "Pinkie? Flutters? Why don't you take Sunset home so she can get some rest?"

"I like that idea," Sunset said. "But what are the rest of you going to do?"

"We're gonna talk to our sisters, of course!"