• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 485 Views, 5 Comments

Cellist's Secret - HeartfireFirebrand



Vinyl has been living with her best friend Octavia for a long time but her friend has been hiding some secrets from her friend.

  • ...
4
 5
 485

Chapter 1: Years Later

I wake up to see my graduation certificate from Celestia’s School for Unicorns in Combat Magic on the wall. I smiled as I saw my Dojo Master Headband on my bedside table next to my purple glasses. I jumped out of bed and trotted down stairs shouting “Tavi, where are you?”

Octavia shouted back at me “Vinyl, I’m making breakfast and please call me Octavia.”

I smiled “I know you like the nickname Tavi, I was just thinking it has been 3 years since we met.”

Octavia rolled her eyes “You could at least stop eyeing my flank; take me out to dinner first.” My jaw dropped as she smiled “You think I haven’t noticed the 3 years of flirting? You did that when you were interested plus all the looks you gave me and the possessiveness you showed around mares.”

I stammered “H-h-h-how long have you b-b-b-been interested?”

Octavia smiled “Because of the lengths you would go to fight for me, remember it was not long after the Princess Luna’s return about 2 years ago.” I scowled internally as I remembered the event.

Flashback

I smiled as I was performing when I heard screaming over the crowds shouting “Help somepony.” I turned around to see Princess Luna marehandling Octavia; I jumped off the stage and galloped over to the shock of everypony. I snarled “Get away from my friend you fiend!”

I ignored the gasps of the crowd around us. Princess Luna roared “How dare you order us around, we are the Princess of the Night.” I felt a hoof collide with my gut and I flew into the wall, I coughed blood onto the ground.

I roared “Oh Princess it’s on!” I smashed my right fore hoof into her jaw before kicking her out of the building.” I jumped out to engage her but then several guards surrounded me. I snarled “Get out of the way or else you’re going to get hurt.”

Princess Luna shouted “Stand down, this mare is a worthy foe. I am surprised at your speed and strength, most unicorns are poor fighters.”

I smirked “I am a martial artist and graduated from your sister’s school in combat magic, I am using my own fighting style based of that knowledge.”

Princess Luna smiled “Let’s go then, show me your strength.”

I scowled “I’ll show what you get for messing with my friends.”

I near instantaneously appeared behind her and struck her in the back with my hoof. She recovered only for me to follow up with another blow to the chest, before knocking her into the air with a kick. Luna shouted “How you so fast?!”

I shouted “I don’t know, I have always been a good fighter! The speed just comes as part of the package!” I created a ball of magic in my hooves and slammed it into her chest causing her to crash into the ground. I smiled as I loved hoofcasting; normal spell casting was just too slow. I created two more orbs, I snarled “Yield!”

Then a flash of light filled the sky, I saw Princess Celestia descend from the skies. Celestia asked “What happened here?”

Luna scowled as she lay on the ground in front of me “I was in the company of a mare when this pony interrupted me!”

Celestia frowned “Why did you interrupt her then?”

I growled “Because my friend was getting marehandled by her and I stopped it.”

Octavia trotted up beside me with a smile “Thanks Vinyl.”

Celesta scowled at Luna as she saw the two of us “That was the mare, right?” Luna nodded slowly, Celestia frowned “Dear sister you should go home so I can teach a little bit about proper behaviour in this century.”

Luna whined “But…”

Celestia shouted “Luna, we can’t just grab a pony of the street as a personal paramour anymore, do you want to damage your reputation before you can even adapt to your role!”

Present Day

Octavia smiled “You stood up to a 1000 year old Alicorn for me.”

I frowned “She was not at full power, at full power she would have turned me to dust.”

Octavia smiled “Yeah but you were willing to risk you life for me and that’s more than enough.”

I smiled “Well then tonight I’ll make a nice meal, no garlic right?”

Octavia smiled “Yeah allergies, don’t want to have you perform an epispell on me again.”

I frowned “Yeah, I was not very good at it that’s why it took so long.”

Octavia smiled “At least I didn’t die from that, I should have told you I had an allergy to garlic.”

I trotted down to Canterlot markets, it was no Ponyville Markets as most of it was useless junk, they sold knick knacks that expedited to be souvenirs, and there were quirky hats that looked like donuts and other weird items. Still I was not here for that, I trotted up to a simple stall covered in every type of vegetable you could imagine and probably even a few you couldn’t.

I smiled “Hey Green Hoof how’s it hanging.”

He laughed “Good Vinyl, looking as fit as ever. You have a flank that attracts ponies everywhere; I see every stallion and mare in the street looking at you like a goddess of beauty. Many a stallion would be excited if you showed interest.”

I laughed “There is only one pony for me.”

Green Hoof smiled “I don’t know how she resisted you for so long.”

I grinned “Tavi is a special mare, mere charm isn’t enough for her. I am making her dinner tonight.”

Green Hoof grinned back “So what is it you need?”

I said “I need onions, cabbage, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, broccoli please?”

Green Hoof smiled “That would be 20 bits.” I gratefully put the bits on the table and he gave me my ingredients. He smiled “See you soon Vinyl.”

I smiled “Yeah, see ya later.” I levitated my groceries and trotted home happily, tonight was going to be perfect. I got home and put all the vegetables in the fridge, hmm we’re out of red wine, Octavia loves that stuff. We still have a bit of white wine, it tastes better than the red wine to me, it was always a little too thick for me.

I levitated a knife out of the knife block on the wooden bench top and began cutting the food, the sound of chopping and preparing the vegetables was all I could hear. Afterwards I put the vegetables in the oven and the pasta I made yesterday on reheat in the oven, I set a magic alarm and galloped off to the dining room. It was plain white room with a two person table, I always wanted to add some colour but Tavi liked it so it stuck.

I lit a few candles, I dimmed the lights and put a nice red tablecloth on the table, Tavi always liked the romantic stuff. I heard my alarm go off; I galloped into the kitchen and pulled the food out of the oven. I quickly served it on upon a plate and carefully set the table. I finished with a bottle of white wine in the middle.

I heard Octavia shout “Vinyl, what’s that I smell?!”

I smiled “It’s dinner, come into the dining room.” I smiled as she gasped “I hope you enjoy this little romantic dinner of ours.”

Octavia smiled “I love it Vinyl, you charmer you.” I grinned madly as I guided her to the table. Octavia continued to look around “If this is how you treat the pony you love, well I’m a very lucky mare.”

I smiled with a mock bow “Take a seat milady.”

Octavia laughed “Come on Vinyl, let’s eat.” I picked up the knife and fork with my hooves, Octavia asked “Why aren’t you using magic?”

I said “Rule one of Unicorn Etiquette when at a formal dinner with non-unicorns is you eat with your hooves. I must admit most high class unicorns who care about that stuff don’t dine with Earth Ponies so it’s not very well known.”

Octavia smiled nervously “Oh.”

I grinned “Relax, don’t worry too much. This is for you after all.” I smiled as we continued to eat in silence. After we finished I said “I’ll go and clean up the dishes.”

Octavia smiled “Alright I’ll see you tomorrow.” She gave me a light peck on the cheek as she trotted towards her bedroom; I was beaming as I cleaned the dishes.

Author's Note:

Note these chapters were written a while back, so I hope that you enjoy them.