• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 477 Views, 5 Comments

Cellist's Secret - HeartfireFirebrand



Vinyl has been living with her best friend Octavia for a long time but her friend has been hiding some secrets from her friend.

  • ...
4
 5
 477

Chapter 10: Bitten

I yawned as I woke, tonight was Nightmare Night. In truth over the last two weeks we have been trying to get life to return to normalcy, the whole family conundrum had left us exhausted, I frowned (I think we need to go some fine high end restaurant, Octavia would like that.)

I heard the sound of Octavia’s Cello, she usually only played at night. I facehooved, we were going out for Nightmare Night, she wanted to get her practice in today at some time. I trotted down stairs only to see a plate of pancakes on the table, Octavia was playing her Cello in front of her own empty plate.

I simply casually ate my pancakes while listening to her beautiful melody waft through the air with ease. I began to hum to the melody, Octavia was an amazing cellist and it showed. I hummed quietly to Octavia’s music.

Twenty minutes after I finished eating Octavia opened her eyes, she blinked “How long have you been sitting there?”

I smiled “Thirty minutes, you were caught up in your own little world. Your music is beautiful.”

Octavia blushed “Thanks Vinyl” she then shook her head “I have to do something before I go, somepony needs to know I will be leaving Canterlot. She will let me but she needs to be informed.”

I nodded with a frown “It sound important and private. I won’t pry into it but return soon I need your help to figure out the costume you want me to wear.”

Octavia rolled her eyes as she exited the apartment, I levitated Octavia’s Cello back into it’s case. I then trotted upstairs with a smile, tonight was going to be great. I hummed as I levitated several music sheets over with a grin, I looked at the different notes with a smile. It was a dream of mine to publish my own song album but I never had the funds for it.

I sighed as I levitated a few music sheets over to write on, I spent the next few hours writing out lyrics as I hummed. I grinned as I heard knocking on my door, I trotted over and opened the door Octavia smiled “So you want to try on that costume, we should get going. I want to make sure you know how to put on your costume.”

I levitated out my costume with a smile “So how do I put this on exactly?”

Octavia rolled her eyes “I’ll just help you,it will be faster.” I lifted my legs as she opened up the dark blue, full body suit. I placed my front hooves in then my back hooves. She then pulled it up over my back, I felt a chill as two wings flared out from behind me. Then I felt my ears shift and my teeth sharpen, I turned to Octavia as I experimentally flapped the wings “Wow, they feel like the real thing.”

Octavia giggled “That’s point Vinyl, I’ll go and get mine then we can head to Ponyville.”

I grinned “I’ll be waiting outside for you.” I trotted out of the building my body shaking in anticipation, my jaw dropped as Octavia exited. The suit perfectly showed her curves while emphasizing the lean muscle underneath her coat.

Octavia giggled “You really need to control those wings of your.” I blushed as I saw my wings had stiffened, Octavia continued giggled “Let’s go, we don’t want to be late.”

It took a few minutes to shake myself out of my stupor and I galloped over to Octavia’s side. We quickly boarded a train, we smiled as I saw several other ponies wearing different Nightmare Night costumes. There was a mummy, three zombies, a ghost and several other weird costumes that I couldn’t identify.

We arrived in Ponyville as the sun set, I frowned “That took longer than I expected, it’s already dark.”

Octavia shook her head “On Nightmare Night, the moon is lowered three hours early. A gift for Luna from her sister apparently.”

I laughed as I saw Pinkie in a chicken costume “That is a classic Pinkie Pie costume but right now I want to do some Apple Bobbing.”

Octavia blinked “Apple Bobbing, what is that?”

I grinned “I’ll show come on.” I trotted toward a tub full of green liquid and apples, I stuck my head into the liquid and grabbed an apple with my teeth pulling it up to the surface. I beckoned to Octavia “You try?”

Octavia shook her head “No thanks, I’m not really interested.”

I grinned “Well then let’s go and sign up for the Everfree Forest Treasure Hunt. It is a fun activity.” I then sighed as I saw the line , I looked ta Octavia with a smile “I’ll get the tickets, there is plenty of fun activities in Ponyville tonight.”

Octavia sighed “Fine, just stay out of trouble.”

I grinned “I’m in a line ,there isn’t much that could go wrong.” I hummed as the line slowly decreased, I giggled as I saw Pinkie dragging Octavia over to play pin the tail on the pony.

Soon I was at the front of the line, I smiled as I put some bits down on the table “I am here for the Everfree Forest Treasure Hunt, I need two tickets one for and another for my marefriend.”

The teal unicorn sitting in a strange way that was more common for Minotaurs “Here you go Vinyl, you’ve quite a catch.”

I grinned “I know Lyra, maybe I’ll see you around Canterlot.”

Lyra smiled at me “Maybe.”

I headed towards Octavia who gave Pinkie a smile as soon as she saw me“I’m going to go on the Everfree Forest Treasure Hunt with Vinyl now.”

She then grabbed me pulling us towards the entry was with our tickets, after we entered the forest. I frowned “That was abrupt.”

Octavia shook her head “I needed some time away from Pinkie, she is just too much for me to deal with for an extended period of time.”

I sighed “I understand that, she can be a bit much at times” I the turned to Octavia with a grin “Let’s go looking for the treasure hiding in the forest.”

I burst into a gallop as Octavia shouted bursting into her own “Wait for me!”

I grinned “We need to be quick or else somepony will find the treasure before we do!” I then heard a loud howl coming from nearby, it would have meant nothing if it wasn’t for that that something leapt at me biting in my wither, I screamed in agony. The creature leapt back, my eyes widened as I saw the dark blue earth pony with razor sharp teeth and thick ragged fur.

I then felt dreadful pain shoot through my body, I screamed as my bones felt like they were tearing themselves apart, my vision blurred. I felt my bones rending my flesh as they shot out of my back, I screamed at the top of my lungs “Octavia! The pain then begun to lessen eventually fading to nothing, I opened my eyes to see Octavia bleeding all over as she was pinned down by Luna.

I felt power surge through my back as I felt large bat-like wings unfurl, I instinctively flapped my wing flying towards Luna pushing her off Octavia. I lifted the Alicorn up in my claws “Give me one reason I shouldn’t tear you limb from!”

A voice spoke “Because we should talk about this civilly, I have no intention of fighting you.”

I turned to see Nightmare Moon standing there, I frowned “Why should I trust you?”

Nightmare Moon gave a me a grin “Because if I wanted to fight I wasted a perfect opportunity to get the drop on you.” She then smiled “I’ll restrain Luna from doing anything rash, I cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eyes.”

I shrugged as I got off Luna who was instantly pulled to Nightmare’s side, who bound her wings and horn. I frowned as I had no idea what I was in for “Very well let’s talk.” I just hoped this would end well.

Author's Note:

I holpe you enjoyed this chapter.