• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 485 Views, 5 Comments

Cellist's Secret - HeartfireFirebrand



Vinyl has been living with her best friend Octavia for a long time but her friend has been hiding some secrets from her friend.

  • ...
4
 5
 485

Prologue

I was smiled as I shouted “Everypony are you ready to party!”

Everypony in the club shouted “Yeah!”

I shouted “Well then you’re in luck because DJ Pon-3 is in the house.” I smiled as I cast a few light spells causing the room to glow like a Disco Ball, I was a old mix of my favourite songs when I saw something odd a pony who didn’t fit with the rest, one who wasn’t cheering or dancing rather she drinking mope-ly, her coat was a light grey and she had a light purple treble clef. A huge Cello was beside her.

I cast a spell to keep the turntables running and I trotted over to her with a grin “Hello filly, I’m surprised to not see you on the dance floor.”

She scowled “I’m not some floozy; I’m a respected Cellist or at least I was before the Gala fiasco.”

I laughed “Relax, I’m not that kinda pony. It’s just how I interact with others, I like being flirty just for the reactions, anyway what is an upstanding musician doing in a club like this?”

The mare sighed “Since a pink pony forced me to play the Pony Pokey at the Gala and I have been unable to get any jobs.”

I smashed my head on the bar “I have told her way too many times not to do that but does she listen, nooo it’s always ‘it’s fine Vinyl or its just harmless fun Vinyl’.”

Octavia gasped “She does this often?!”

I frowned “Not intentionally but she sometimes can get a little caught up in fantasy land, she’s a real hoot at a party as long as it’s not fancy, then she fails to understand it, still I hope her new friends can help her with that.”

Octavia frowned “Still why did you come over here? I’m nopony special.”

I smiled “Well you are quite attractive and I can’t leave anypony in my club upset while I’m Djing.”

She sighed “Well since you’re so interested I better introduce myself, I’m Octavia Melody.”

I smiled “Vinyl Scratch although you probably know me better as DJ Pon-3.”

Octavia gasped “Wait the DJ Pon-3, the best DJ in Equestria!”

I smiled “Yeah, that’s me.” I then sighed “I must admit it’s a struggle to balance it with school and training. My mother is very forceful.”

Octavia frowned “School and Training, what does being a DJ have to do with those?”

I sighed “My mother has told me she wants me to hunt Vamponies. I think its crazy talk.”

Octavia chuckled weakly “Yeah, crazy talk.”

I frowned “Are you okay Octavia?”

Octavia sighed “I have been unable to get a job and I’m sleeping on the streets. I had to sell my apartment to keep food on the table.”

I said “Well I could use a roommate; my apartment is a bit too large for me at the moment.”

Octavia eyes widened “Really, you’ll let me stay at your place? Thank you, thank you.”

I smiled “Your welcome, I’ll take you there after I finish this set.” After the set was finished I and Octavia trotted to my home carrying her cello. I opened the door and turned on the light.

Octavia frowned as she saw all the mess all over the floor, my songs drafts littered all over the floor. She picked one up and said “You didn’t tell me you wrote music.”

I frowned “A good DJ writes songs all the time, how do you think we release albums?”

Octavia sighed “Good point, now um where can I put my Cello?”

I pointed to a wall covered in different instruments. She put her Cello on a large rack on the bottom and looked around the room to get her bearings. She looked at the silver sword I was given when I was sixteen with a frown before staring at my messy walls covered with countless ideas for music.

I smiled “Well I think it’s time to show you your room.”

Octavia smiled as her eyes flickered back to the sliver sword “Right.” We trotted into the spare room it is the only clean room in my house, it had a spare bed and blank walls. It was for when my mother came over for Hearthswarming. Octavia smiled “Thank you Vinyl for giving a place for me to stay.”

I smiled “It's what good ponies do, beside you’re a fellow musician and we musicians need to stand together.”

Octavia smiled “Thanks Vinyl but I better get some sleep tonight.”

I smiled “Me too, I have school tomorrow.” I quickly got ready for bed and smiled as I thought (Octavia is going to make life more fun around here.)

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy this story.