• Published 8th Jun 2019
  • 619 Views, 1 Comments

My Little Pony: Continental Drift - Dinopony2580



It's been a year since the flood that destroyed Equestria and everything's back to normal. The Summer Sun Celebration is right around the corner and everypony's preparing for it. But, little does everypony know that the forces of nature are at work.

  • ...
 1
 619

Continental Drift Begins

The Summer Sun Celebration is right around the corner and everypony's getting ready.

Twilight's errand list is packed, but luckily Spike is there to help her. Princess Celestia is getting prepared herself and so is her sister, Princess Luna.

The Mane 6 are also busy, like Rarity is styling everything, making sure everything looks good.

Applejack is focusing on the banquet, with mostly apple foods.

Pinkie is mostly focusing on the awesome parties that happen afterwards.

Rainbow is clearing the skies so the sun is clearly visible.

Fluttershy is organizing the birds that will be singing for the parties and other things.

Starlight is making sure everypony's playing their part, so Twilight isn't so stressed.

Twilight just got done from her errand where she was checking on the guests.

She flew down and landed next to where Celestia will raise the sun from and looked at the progress that was being made.

Spike interrupted her mind processing. "Okay, Twilight. I've got the rest of your "Things to Do" list" Spike said running over to her.

She picked up the list with her magic. "Thank you very much, Spike" Twilight replied.

She opened the list and started reading and checking the list. Then, her concentration was interrupted by an earthquake.

It shook Canterlot violently, where everypony stumbled. It knocked a few things down, but nothing major. It only lasted a few seconds.

"Where did that earthquake come from?" Spike asked. "I don't know, Spike, but right now, we need to focus on the celebration" Twilight said before she flew off.

Spike had a sneaking suspicion that something was wrong, but he ignored it and focused on the task at hand.


Later, the Summer Sun Celebration was in full swing.

It was almost time for everypony to watch Celestia to raise the sun.

Twilight, Spike, and the Mane 6 were right up at the front. Twilight was also making sure that everything was good and everything was going to plan.

Then, Princess Celestia and Luna appeared. They bowed to the audience and the audience cheered.

Then, Luna did her part. She flew up and lowered the moon.

When it was low enough, Celestia flew up and began to raise the sun.

Everypony cheered when it the sun was high in the sky.

Twilight sighed in relief that everything went according to plan.

Then, a cracking heard, followed by a low rumble that seemed to be growing. It soon became a tremor, which then formed into another earthquake.

Twilight flew up looked where it seemed to be coming from. Her eyes widened at the sight. A fissure was forming!

Everypony screamed as it got closer. It sped quickly through Canterlot. It cut off some ponies from each other, and even some almost fell in.

"Quickly, everypony, this way!" Twilight shouted. Some ponies had to jump over the fissure, but everypony was safe.

They watched as chunks of Canterlot fell off the cliff. The 3 princesses escorted everypony to the Friendship Express, which became packed.

The fissure continued on, like it was following them. When everypony was on, the Friendship Express roared away across the tracks.

As it sped away, the princesses and Mane 6 watched as Canterlot fell victim to the fissure and cracks.

It grew worse when they came across a bridge that had a full view of Equestria to the west.

Everypony was in shock. It turned out that the fissure had taken all of Equestria to the west, and it was spreading east.

It was all a bunch of little fissures that were connected to a main fissure, kind of like the Amazon River system.

Ponyville had been split in half, while 1/3 of Appleloosa was missing. Many other places suffered the same fate as Canterlot, and it would continue to the east as well.

The only place that was safe was Cloudsdale because it was high above Equestria.

"How did this happen?" Starlight asked. "I don't know" Twilight said. "I believe Equestria is going under continental drift" Luna said.

"Continental drift?" Rainbow asked. "It's when a tectonic plate goes under extreme movement" Twilight said.

"Tectonic plates!?" Rainbow said even more confused. "It's what a continent is mostly made of" Applejack said. "What do you think caused this" Fluttershy asked.

"Maybe it was from the earthquake earlier" Spike said, "But someone was too focused on the celebration to investigate."

Spike gestured to Twilight and Twilight blushed and smiled nervously.

"Alright, I have an idea" Celestia said.

"What is it, sister" Luna asked.

"The fissure hasn't spread to the Crystal Empire, so I believe that is our place of sanctuary until Equestria quits it continental drift. Cloudsdale will also be another option and so will Manehattan, but I don't know, we'll have to find out" Celestia finished.

"Great idea, princess!" Twilight said.

"Alright, we have a game plan, awesome!" Rainbow said.

Everypony cheered as the Friendship Express grew closer to Manehattan.