• Published 18th Jun 2019
  • 2,526 Views, 62 Comments

Rise of the Shimmering Sun - Sollys



Sunset Shimmer's journey from her fall at the Fall Formal, all the way to her adventures with the Spectacular Seven.

  • ...
3
 62
 2,526

Chapter 7: Nightmares

Author's Note:

Sorry for delaying this chapter so much. I will be honest and say that I had pre-written the chapter, but didn't get up and start writing it. I feel a writer's block coming on, but hopefully I'll have another chapter every week or so. I hope to get the next one out soon.

Peace

~Sollys

Fog was the only thing seen in the dark space. All Sunset could see was an abyss of black, and it remained that way for what seemed like ages. Images, almost like a setting, started to appear. It was all blurred, like she was dreaming.

The image started to clear, Sunset was alone, facing the front of CHS. She looked around, for a sign of life, anything. Sunset stopped when she saw the Canterlot Colt statue, the portal. Walking slowly in its direction, putting her hand on the cold marble, but she didn't feel the warm vibration of the portal. It was gone, and she began to panic.

Moving her hands all over the portal's surface, looking for any sign of it. The portal was gone. Sunset collapsed to the ground and cried as she held her knees.

"Looks like they really don't want you back, huh?" A voice said, it was raspy and sounded much like Sunset's. Sunset jumped up from her position, looking for the source of the voice. All she saw was the empty front yard of CHS. She walked forward, now in between the statue and the entrance to the highschool.

Now more confused than scared, it was like her world was spinning. A cracking sound was heard as she looked down at her feet. She looked around as the ground beneath her began to collapse and fall inwards. Sunset tried to tell out for help, but no sound came out as she fell with the ground. After a few seconds, she looked at the scene around her. It was all to familiar to her.

Sunset was sitting at the bottom of an eight foot crater. The night sky and chill in the air suggested that it was Fall. She knew where she was, and what day it was. The day where it all went wrong for Sunset, where all the plans for domination failed. Where she failed. The day of the Fall Formal. She crawled her way to the edge of the crater, waiting for someone to help her up. But there was no one. Using her best efforts, she was finally able to pull herself out of the hole. She looked around once more, but what she saw this time horrified her. Six teenagers, laying lifelessly on the concrete floor in front of her. Sunset recognized all of them. Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" The same bone-chilling voice said. But Sunsets eyes never left the six girls, more tears running from her eyes. They looked scorched, as if they were burned to death.

"No...no this isn't what I wanted. Not at all." She whispered, still horrified. The scene disappeared into nothing, which Sunset was more than happy to see go. What she saw next, made her fear run back to her. It was Sunset.

But it wasn't her, it couldn't have been. It was her demon self. The red-skinned demon had a menacing smile on its face. It's class rapped into two fists, and it's hair moving like fire. A crown resting on her head, the jewel was star shaped in the middle, and a shade of dark black.

"You can be me, you can be powerful."It said hovering off the ground a few feet.

"I-i never want to be you again!" Sunset yelled at the figure.

"I'll always be with you, I'll always be you."

"And I will find a way to get rid of you."Sunset shot back.

"Not if I can get rid of you first!" The demon yelled, forming a flaming ball of fire in her hands. "If you don't learn to trust and open up to people, I will return. And this time, I will win." The demon gave a large maniacal laugh, her fangs showing as the fire ball grew larger. Sunset could only watch in terror as the flaming ball came rushing towards her. Eyes wide, and tears running down her face, a scream formed in her throat. All she saw next was bright light, and pain.


Sunset shot up from her bed, screaming like she had just been shot. Sweat dripped down her forehead even though the cold air that swept through the abandoned building. She looked around frantically trying to figure out if she was dreaming still. After a few seconds, she realized that she was now awake. Her breaths calmed, but they were labored like she had been running a marathon. Sunset went to lay back down and think, but as soon as her back made contact with her hard bed, pain shot through her shoulders.

Sunset grimaced and sat up quickly. She turned her head slightly to see that her bed covers were covered in blood. Taking a few deep breaths, and not wanting to panic, she got up and went to the bathroom. Pain shot through her back every step of the way, but once she arrived to the restroom, she was in shock. The upper-back of her shirt was covered in blood. Sunset didn't have any spare shirts with her at the time, she took it off and set it to the side. Luckily, only the upper part of the shirt had been covered in the red substance, she decided that she would stop by the Coin-op tomorrow morning, and change in school. Washing the wounds gingerly, hoping they wouldn't become infected. Sunset would get more help at school, she would sneak some disinfectant from the janitors closet. She didn't want to ask for help. Sunset thought that she didn't deserve it.

Sunset looked at the reopened wounds on her back, and remembered the demon's words. 'I will return. And this time, I will win.' Her condition was getting worse, but if she stayed inside, and shut herself in, it would only lead to disaster. Sunset needed to open up more, and learn to trust. If she didn't it could mean the return of the terrifying creature. What was stopping Sunset from doing so?