• Published 18th Jun 2019
  • 1,738 Views, 5 Comments

Earth meets Equestria - Rubae



What happens when you have two groups of the same friends. That’s right things get weird when they meet.

  • ...
0
 5
 1,738

A Strange Topic

Author's Note:

I just want to say this is my first story ever and I can’t promise I’ll complete it, since I usually give up on things that take a while and I’m terrible in the subject writing. I’ll leave that to you guys though.

It was a normal day in Ponyville. Twilight just finished up the school year’s paperwork for every creature that would return the following school year. She decided to head home and read a good book and on her way out ran into Starlight.

“Starlight!” Twilight said, glad to see her former pupil and good friend after a hard days work, “you’re still here. I would’ve thought you’d have left by now.”

“I was going to, but I kinda dozed off after all my work and just woke up,” Starlight announced, her faced a bright shade of red, “wanna head home together.”

“Why not it’ll be fun heading home with a friend. Besides we’re practically doing it already anyway.”

“Fair point,” Starlight said rolling her eyes with a smile as they continued out of the school to Twilight’s castle. On the way to the castle they asked each other what they planned to do for the summer, neither one of them having a real answer.
Starlight thought she was going to hang out with Trixie, but she apparently had a tour going on for most of the summer. Twilight was going to do more research on the creatures they recently made peace with.

Sadly, the Hippogryphs were still getting settled in. The Yaks, Dragons, and Griffons were just too stubborn. Some of the changelings, while did become peaceful, still didn’t trust ponies. Even the Kirin were still getting used to speaking again and might speak out of turn or freak out whenever they felt any negative emotions.

“Well at least we’ll have each other to hang out with at least,” said Starlight with a weak smile as they reached the castle.

“I guess,” sighed Twilight, “ I just can’t shake the feeling like something big is about to happen.”

The two of them finally entered the library as a faint buzzing noise could be heard from a nearby desk. On it was a brown journal that was half her cutie mark, half her friend, from the human world, Sunset Shimmer’s cutie mark. The buzzing could clearly be seen to be coming from the journal.

“Hey look, Sunset’s writing to you! I wonder what’s something’s going on over there, seeing as their life was being the student, not the teacher.” Starlight hadn’t seen the girls since she was Twilight’s student which seemed like a lifetime ago. She wondered if she ever would see them again, seeing as she was always busy now and you can’t just go without a heads up to some pony here with proper authority. She then realized that’s technically what she did though.

“Huh, maybe that’ll take my mind off of worrying so much,” said Twilight in a hopeful tone, walking over to the journal.

****

Earlier, in the human world...

“Thanks again Twilight for helping me with my homework all year,” Sunset Shimmer stated as the two friends walked out of CHS for summer break.

“No problem Sunset,” said Twilight Sparkle with a smile, “you know I love studying and research. Homework isn’t too far off from that.” She was a little sad it was done for three months. She hoped she would find something else to study or analyze over the summer. “Hey Sunset,” said Twilight.

“Yeah?”

“You wouldn’t happen to know about anything I could study, would you?” asked Twilight hopefully.

Sunset just replied with a slight chuckle and said, “I’m sorry, you just sound so much like Princess Twilight in just that one sentence.” Then Sunset got an idea that was half a joke and half an actual idea, “hey why don’t you try doing some hands on research about Equestria. Sure, I’ve told you guys about it, but it’s completely different first hand, or in this case first hoof. Besides it’ll be cool to show you all my origin.”

Twilight didn’t know how to respond to this. Sure it would be an amazing research project, but it would be weird, being a pony and most likely bumping into her other self. Then she realized she would have her friends to be there if she needed them, or at least Sunset if her friends were too uncomfortable going. Besides it would be nice to see Sunset’s origin.

“Alright, I’ll do this. You contact Princess Twilight about it. I’ll go ask our friends if they want to come too if Princess Twilight gives the thumbs up,” Twilight said with a sudden eagerness. Sure it was weird, but it was also research.

****

Back to the present...

Twilight picked up the buzzing journal and started reading what Sunset was asking. Once she started reading, her expression changed from confusion, to skepticism, to shock. She couldn’t believe what she was reading.”

“ Hey Twilight, none of us have any plans for the summer and our Twilight wanted to research something new, so I offered showing Twi and the girls Equestria as long, as it’s okay with you since there will be two of everyone. Also I said I would show them my origins, which will include before I was Celestia’s student. I just have two questions, do I have your permission and if so do you and your friends want to join us and get to meet their other selfs.”

Twilight thought to herself for a moment. She had wondered if this day would ever come and if it would be okay. It would be nice to see her friends again, but a little awkward and confusing with her original friends here, not to mention her other self. Also would they have to sneak around or try to blend in or whatever they would have to do since there would be two of everyone. Finally, she made a decision.

“Alright, while it might be confusing, lets see where this leads. I’ll ask my friends if they want to join this fun road trip of Equestria and which friends it will be.”

“Thanks Twilight!” Sunset scribbled excitedly, “I’ll let you know which of my friends are coming and when we’re coming. Let’s not lie though this probably will get weird and awkward.”

“Yup.”