• Published 5th Jun 2019
  • 14,817 Views, 868 Comments

That Time I Became a Friendship Bomb - Carmine Craft



Peter was a responsible college student, and what better reward for his efforts than a one way ticket to Equestria? Wait what? Now he has to get used to the land of happy go lucky ponies. He, now she, first has to get her new hooves under her first.

  • ...
46
 868
 14,817

Chapter 4: Dream House and Growing Pains

The party ran right into the night. And it would have kept going if Twilight hadn't made the case of my being a child that needed, bleh, her rest. After it finally ended I got introduced to the library's other resident, Spike.

"Dragon!?'" I near-shouted supprised.

"Yup, Spike is a baby dragon." Twilight giggled. I stared at the purple lizard, apparently dragon.

If any doubts about this being a fantasy world remained, they've just been shattered. I thought. "And he's your assistant? How does that work?"

Spike answered my question. "I mostly clean up after her research sprees. But she also dictates notes to me that I usually forward to Princess Celestia." He said proudly.

I nodded. "It sounds like you've got a very important job." I felt a yawn coming on. "So, where am I gonna be sleeping?"

"I have got a guest bed up in the loft. Follow me." Twilight gestured out of the main room, I followed her. Once upstairs, Spike went over to what appeared to be a dog bed. "Well, this is where you be sleeping. If you need anything don't hesitate to wake me." Twilight said.

I nodded and she gave me a nuzzle. As unexpected as it was, it wasn't bad. Do these ponies accept people fast or what? Oh, the whole child thing. I can't believe I keep forgetting that, what with the whole size disparity going on. With that thought, I hopped up onto the bed. "G-goodnight." I wished her and Spike, the latter already asleep.

"Good night, my little pony." Twilight replied. Before turning to her own bed.

Getting comfortable took longer than it used to, but I think I found a mostly normal position. Twilight turned out the light with a quick application of magic. I could feel that odd pressure again but it was gentle, soothing even. I closed my eyes and for the first time since coming here, drifted off to sleep naturally.


"...What the hell?" Is all I could muster for the wierd sight I was greeted with. Water was flowing uphill, shadows seemed to go whichever way they wanted despite it obviously being mid morning. Some trees were raining like stormclouds, half of them were doing so in reverse. " I know I'm in a fantasy world with magic now. But this is an affront to logic," I stated.

Suddenly the color pallete changed. Nine out of ten things within view swelled with one of six bright pastel colors, orange, two shades of purple, pink, red, or blue, before fading back to the original colors. Said affected objects started making sense again. It wasn't perfect, the one river was still flowing backwards, but it was easier to look at.

"All signs point to this being a dream. And if it is... then I'll have a baseball bat behind me." I attempted. Turning around I saw said requested item leaned up against a raining tree. "Alright, at least I can still manipulate the dreamscape with relative ease." I walked over to the river and poked a ha- "Aw, come on, I can't even be normal in dream land?" I sulked. My now bright orange hoof was submerged in the river's surface, dyeing said color into the water.

Curious, if not disappointed, I lept into the river with a splash. I could, as expected, breathe just fine, but looking downstream I saw my personal rainbow of colors bleeding into the water. I trotted the river bed, marveling at the deep sea ecosystem my brain had placed on it. Once the water had apparently gone full circle I floated out of the river onto the shore. Looking at it now I could see I had a nice technicolor stream flowing throughout the dreamscape.

"The oddest things since coming here, I swear." I mumbled to myself. After a time of watching the rainbow waters drift by, I went and searched for a good hill. I uprooted the trees atop it and set them about turning themselves into workable two by fours. I then flattened out a sizable chunk of the hill's crest with the power of dreams.

"That group there." I pointed a hoof at a group of trees that had yet to bend to my will. They each plucked themselves out of the ground. "Form a door. And the frame of a house, I'll go get some stone for the foundation and bricks." Each of the trees "nodded" before de-barking themselves.

I trotted over to some exposed boulders, suprised by the speed at which I was able to, either my walking skills were improving or it was more dream logic. I hoisted up the boulders in my pseudo-grasp and had them shave themselves down into workable sizes. Next was clay for the bricks. I put my front hooves in the river and had a good few blobs of the stuff just float to the surface. Said blobs then floated and molded them selves into the proper shape. Waving my orange hoof at them they each caught fire, soon the finished blue glazed bricks floated over to my build site.

The foundation had finished laying itself, next the pre-assembled walls and frames slotted into place. Each of them growing nails, screws, and such to hold together with. The bricks all began forming along the outer wall of my self building house with a satisfying drumming noise, after they were done there, they stacked into a fireplace, the mortar binding agent just simply leaking into existence. Paint seeped up from the ground around my hooves and slathered onto non-existent walls, which simply formed beneath the layer. The roof set itself down gently atop the structure, sprouting shingles like rapidly growing plants.

For glass I simply walked up to an empty frame, blew onto it, and wiped away the fog with a rag, clear glass set in place like it had always been there. The bare structure was nearly complete, with the chimney spiral staking to poke out the rooftop. I took one last look inside the structure from the doorway, before hinging on the heavy wood rectangle and closing it. I gave the brass knocker one good use, then opened the door. Furnishings had appeared in all the areas I had desired. Pleased with my work I sat down on the couch and clapped on the fireplace.

"Alright, now what do I do?" I asked my empty dream lodging. "Sleeping in a dream is pointless, but what do I do to pass the dream time? For all I know I'll wake up any second, or I'll spend the next few dream hours in here." That's the problem with dream time, you never know when it will end. To make certain my efforts weren't wasted, I spent what felt like an hour memorizing every nook and cranny of my house.

Afterwards I went and uprooted one of the raining trees. "Might aswell make use of you." I said to it, planting it outside the kitchen window while having all the necessary pipes sprout from the ground to give my home running water.

For electricity I touched a stone sliver to the purple patch on my chest and watched it turn into a similarly colored crystal. I set it up in a lantern looking thing and gave the order "Zap." The crystal roared to life, now a vibrant yellow. Small arcs of electricity were dancing between it's surface and it's metal container. "Hehehe, oh this thing would be perfect for a mad scientist lab." I chuckled. Future plans for my basement made.

I yawned and stretched. "Huh, must be about time to get up then." I looked to the sky to see that the square pixelated sun that got ripped from a video game had nearly set. An unfamiliar moon was cresting a far off mountain. I headed to the front door of my house, pleased to see that the lights were now powered. I reared back onto my hind legs and punched a circle next to the door knob lightly, it flared with blue and green hues in the form of a key. The knob turned and I walked lazily into my house. Closing the door behind me and kicking it with a back hoof. A circle on this side of the door glowed in red and orange tones in the shape of a closed padlock.

Satisfied that my dream house was secure, I curled up on the armchair and waited for wakefulness.


Luna

The princess of the night was perlexed. When she had first returned to the castle she was simply ecstatic to be able to dreamwalk again, but apparently she had used far too much magic as the Nightmare to attempt to do so. It disheartened her to no end to know that the ability to once more soothe the nightmares of her ponies was finally feasible once more, only to have it yanked out of her reach.

The next night she was able to reach as far as the bounds of Canterlot. And on the next she could reach farther. In three days time she was able to reach all of Equestria if she strained, and in that night not a nightmare was to be had for anypony. She payed for it the following morning but it felt so good to help out again that she didn't care.

On the forth night she noticed a new dream among the masses, but this one was off. A presence of a kind was there, but the dream was empty, and she was unable to create one for the foal no matter how much magic she used. She noticed that the empty dream remained throughout the day, that worried her, so she made a note to check on the dream every night. On the seventh morning, the empty dream finally collapsed, and Luna knew that the young dreamer had woken up from whatever had induced such a long sleep.

At the end of the day, just before Night Court she noticed the familiar presence of the empty dream, but this time it was more.

They're actually dreaming tonight. she thought. The alicorn decided to blow off Night Court this time, it was not as if any pony had come to see her anyway. When Day Court ended, the remaining petitioners decided to wait for Celestia's ears the next day, rather than bring up their grievances and proposals with the other princess.

This night, when she came to the empty dream, it felt alive. It did not appear to be a nightmare, but she decided it would be worthwhile to meet this new dreamer.

What she was met with, was a rather common dream for a foal, even if the colors were a little dulled. A vast stretch of land with sparse clumps of trees here and there, a few rivers stretching through the low lands of the landscape. The animals it housed belonged in water yes, but a river no.

It would seem this young dreamer had also mixed together clouds with a few of the trees. Not everything made sense, but again that was rather common in dreams, even more so in those of foals.

The princess of the night soon found the young dreamer. She was voicing her displeasure at the dream. Before Luna could alter the dream to one she knew foals usually enjoy, the area was filled with magic. She watched as many of the various quirks of the dream leveled out. The child then summoned A wooden rod behind her leaned up against a crying tree. "A dream conductor? Those art rare 'mongst the earth ponies." The princess of the night was delighted to find a kindred spirit.

She watched as the young dreamer experimented with their control of the dream. She watched as the young foal turned the colors of the river to match her highlights. She doth look familiar. the diarch thought. The filly exited the vibrant waters and cantered over to a hill. Luna watched in awe as the apparently experienced dream conductor flattened the hill and had the trees tear themselves apart, stones shorn into slabs. "The young mare dost have incredible control, and at such a young age!" she delighted.

She watched as the mare instructed lumps of raw clay to form into perfect bricks. Before lighting them ablaze as naturally as a natural born unicorn could do. She watched as the materials the little filly had gathered were all put into place, a house forming without a might of wasted effort.

The princess marveled at the filly's use of the water tree. She gasped as the filly made a mana crystal from simple stone. She gawked at the filly, whom layed a basic lightning spell into the crystal like she knew it by heart. "This filly is most wondrous, I simply must converse with her!" Luna decided.

But, before she got a chance, the filly went inside. She made to enter the house after her but saw a powerful warding spell activate upon the door, all the windows turning dark to ensure privacy. "Is this filly truly not a unicorn?" Luna marveled, saddened that she wouldn't get to meet the new dreamer this night, for she felt the waking world pulling the dream to a close. "Mayhaps another night, little one." Luna promised before the dream collapsed.


Argent

I woke up with a yawn, which came paired with that odd twinkling sound. I shook my head to wake myself up faster. I looked sleepily across the room, towards Twilight's empty bed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stretched.

After a bit of wandering, I found Spike and Twilight in the kitchen. "Mm...morning." I yawned again, something smelled good.

"Good morning Argent, did you sleep well?" Twilight asked, her eyes fixed onto Spike as he made what smelled like pancakes.

"Mhmm, I built a house." I replied. I squared up with a chair and hopped up on-"Ow!owowowowow..." I cried, clutching at the throbbing pain radiating from the front of my skull.

That seemed to get the attention of Twilight and Spike, as, when I could next see without too many stars in my eyes, they were standing over me. "Argent! Are you oka-" Spike trailed off. Twilight was looking at me with a shocked expression. "Twilight, what's that on her head?" Spike asked in a different worried tone.

"I..." She began. "I don't know.

"Wh-what?" I asked, trying to clear my vision and keep my voice under control. They shared a look before Twilight popped a mirror into existence beside her. Taking it into her aura she floated it in front of me. What I saw was a three inch light blue crystal protruding from the center of my forehead.

Author's Note:

The crystal returns! Tada!
Anyway, Imma go start on the next chapter, and work on some mistakes in the older ones.

Bye.
Special thanks to my editors. Jasperr Hart and gerandakis. With their help, soon enough all of these older chapters will read a lot smoother.