• Published 1st Jun 2019
  • 3,006 Views, 16 Comments

Since When Did My Dog Become a Rapper? - sonicfan05



Twilight and the gang was about to start filming their music video on a yacht. When Twilight's dog, Spike, came over and requested to join in their video by "rapping", Twilight decided to have a bone to pick with him... again!

  • ...
2
 16
 3,006

Since When Did My Dog Become a Rapper?

It was a hot and sunny day on the yacht as it was sailing across the ocean. The yacht was currently filled with many guests, including students from Canterlot High. This wasn’t the first time the students were riding on a yacht. A couple days ago, the ship was attacked by powerful storm clouds. But it was no ordinary storm clouds; it was storm clouds made from Equestrian Magic from another world. The ship crashed on some big rocks near an island due to the storm and was then sinking into the water. To make things worse, all the lifeboats on the ship were destroyed by lightning attacks from those storm clouds and the guests had no way of escaping. Luckily, seven magical girls managed to stop the magical clouds with a magical staff from another world and then rescued all the guests before the ship completely submerged into the ocean.

Speaking of which, our seven heroes, also known as the Rainbooms, were currently relaxing at the back of the ship, soaking in some sun rays and drinking their lemonades. After their debacle from their first yacht trip, the gang wanted to truly relax and have fun without something or someone to ruin it for them.

Including from a certain someone with Rainbow hair.

Rarity took a long sip of her lemonade through a straw and then let out a satisfying sigh.

“Ahhh!~ Nothing better than some sun and relaxation on a yacht… especially after dealing with a dangerous storm clouds made from Equestrian Magic and then had to travel back home though Sunset’s world in order to escape the island!”

“Which was a… pretty weird experience,” Applejack added. “Fun... but weird!”

“I’m just glad that everything’s back to normal and no one was hurt, including those precious animals,” said Fluttershy as she took a small sip her pink lemonade. “But I’m just surprised that we got another yacht trip after the disaster from our first one.”

“From what Principal Celestia have told me, the yacht company gave us another trip on the yacht for free as an apology after we crashed on a island due to a sudden– *AHEM*… "hurricane" from our trip,” Twilight revealed.

Applejack sighed with an uncomfortable expression. “While it’s great that we got a free trip to make up for that disaster, but Ah don’t feel right for lyin' to them about what happened.”

Rainbow Dash gave Applejack a sideways look. “Think of this way AJ: which would be easier to explain of what happened? That we crashed on an island because of a hurricane, or because we were attacked by an evil magical storm, which came from a magical staff, which was used by an evil dictator King from another world?”

Applejack opened her mouth to argue but Sunset spoke up.

“Rainbow has a point… for once!”

Rainbow grinned smugly. “Of course I have a–” Her eyes then widened after fully processing Sunset’s words. “HEY!

“It’s probably better this way to avoid unwanted attention to Equestria,” said Sunset, ignoring Rainbow’s indignant look. “And I’m also glad that both the staff and the guests, aside everyone from our school of course, swore to keep that world a secret.”

“It was risky for bringing everyone through that second portal to Equestria Sunset,” Twilight pointed out. “But then again, if you haven’t done that, we’ll be trapped on that island for heaven knows how long!”

“Yeah, like what happened to those folks from that sitcom I used to watch!” Pinkie chirped before listing things off with her fingers. “There was that goofy guy, his skipper, the millionaire and his wife, a movie star, the professor and that lady named–”

“Okay Pinkie, we get the point!” Twilight interjected, ending Pinkie’s rant. “At least the danger is over and that we can finally enjoy our Spring Break!” She then turned her head towards Rainbow with a pointed look. "Properly this time!”

Realizing what Twilight was referring to, Rainbow raised both her hands up with a nervous chuckle. “Oh don’t worry Egghead! No evil magic hunting for me!”

The girls let out a loud sigh of relief.

“…unless there’s Equestrian Magic hidden within the pool deck of this ship!” Rainbow added with a determined expression. “Maybe we should all head over there and stop anyone who–”

Rainbow immediately stopped talking the moment when Twilight and the rest of the girls were glaring angrily at her, causing her to laugh nervously.

“Or… we should not look for trouble and just have fun,” said Rainbow with a sheepish smile before clearing her throat. “Actually… I was thinking we should try to film our music video for one of our new songs. And this yacht is our perfect setting!” She then raised her fist up in the air. “Who’s with me?”

With a quick one-eighty, the girls let out a loud cheer, agreed with Rainbow for once.

“Alright! Everyone finally agreed with me!” Rainbow cheered.

Twilight giggled. “Don’t get used to it Rainbow.”

Rainbow glared at Twilight in response, but with a playful smile.

“Hey, don’t forget about me girls!”

The girls turned around from the familiar voice behind them and their eyes widened in shock. There stood Spike, a small talking purple and green puppy, which belonged to Twilight Sparkle. The fact that he was talking didn’t faze them since they’re used to it since the friendship games. But what really stood out to them was the outfit he was wearing.

Spike had a dark purple opened vest shirt with a dark maroon hat, which was backwards and dark oval sunglasses over his eyes. He also wore dark blue collar with golden spikes instead of his usual collar, two golden bracelets around his left fore paw and two dark maroon shoes over his two rear paws.

“SPIKE!?” Twilight cried in shock. “What. Are. You. Wearing?

Spike grinned as he slowly spins around to show off his outfit. “Can’t you tell? It’s all part of my getup?”

Twilight blinked. “What kind of getup?”

“As a rapper of course!” Spike replied as if the answer was obvious.

Twilight, Sunset Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack stood in stunned silence while Rainbow Dash and Pinkie tried to hold in on their laughter. Twilight had so many questions she wanted to ask her dog about that statement. But of all the questions she had in her head, only one stood out the most.

“Spike… since when did you become a rapper?” Twilight asked slowly, not sure what to make of this.

“Since I first watched Pinkie doing her raps from one of your videos several months back!” Spike answered. “She was like a pro the way she did it and it looked like it was fun! So I decided to give it a try!”

Pinkie giggled. “Aww, you’re making me blush Spikey! And rapping is fun once you got your heart into it!”

“That… and if you’re able to speak a thousand mile per hour like Pinkie!” Applejack deadpanned. She then had a thoughtful look. “Now that Ah think about it, Pinkie Pie is the only one who can speak so fast without takin’ a single breath in between!”

“Yeah, how’d you do that Pinks?” Rainbow asked with a curious expression.

Pinkie shrugged. “I don’t know. It just happened to me naturally!”

Before Rainbow could complain about how that wasn’t even a proper answer, Twilight interjected.

“Okay back on topic, you decided to try rapping… just for the fun of it?”

Spike grinned. “That… and I figured I’ll try to extend my video genre by making rap music videos for my fans! Pretty cool idea huh?”

Twilight said nothing. She just stood there like a statue, much to Spike’s confusion and the girls’ concern. After what it felt like the eternity, Twilight uttered a single word in response to Spike’s “idea”.

“No.”

Spike was taken aback from Twilight’s blunt response. “No? What do you mean, no!

“I mean, no! You’re not making any rap videos!” Twilight snapped. “It’s crazy enough that you made opening package videos from a talking dog, but rapping? People will go nuts when they saw you rapping on screen!”

“Oh don’t worry, I’m not making any rapping videos right now,” Spike assured his owner.

Twilight sighed in relief. “Oh good!”

“I actually wanted to rap in your video as a special guest!” Spike added.

“WHAT!?” Twilight screeched, already starting to feel a panic attack.

“Me appearing in your video would be the perfect starting point of my rapping career!” Spike explained.

“NO! That’s even worse!” Twilight argued.

Spike frowned. “How is that worse?”

Twilight grunted angrily. “By appearing in our videos, you’ll end up exposing yourself to another audience! By that, I mean to the people who never saw a talking – no – rapping dog in their lives! It’s too dangerous!”

“Oh come on, please!” Spike begged. “I always wanted to give it a try. And I always wanted to be part of your videos! Can you at least… give me a chance? It’ll be worthwhile!”

Twilight pinched on the bridge of he nose and sighed heavily. “Spike… it’s one thing to make videos about opening packages, but rapping? I’m sorry Spike, but the answer is still–”

“Hang on Twi!” Rainbow interrupted. “Maybe Spike is on to something!”

Twilight turned to Rainbow with a disbelieving frown. “What do ya mean Rainbow Dash?”

“Think about it,” Rainbow began. “Spike already has TONS of followers from his channel and we got decent amount of followers on our own. By working together with Spike, we introduced two different fan base together in one video." Rainbow then had a wide grin. "And then we’ll get new followers as a result for two different groups! So everyone wins!”

“Not to mention, cute animals is a thing these days on the internet!” Fluttershy added with a gleeful smile. “And Spike’s cute little outfit will make anyone’s heart melt and come back for more!”

Spike sputtered as his cheeks slowly changed to red. “I-I’m not cute!”

“You’re cute to us Spike!” Fluttershy cooed, causing the young pup to grumble.

“But… what about the people who watch him online? Won’t we put him in danger?” Twilight pointed out.

Rainbow gave Twilight a flat look, cocking her eyebrow. “You’re kidding right? Spike had been making videos of his own for so long and nothing happened yet! Plus, a lot of people thought he was CGI!”

“Which I still don’t know what that means!” Spike spoke up in an annoyed tone.

“Aside from the students at CHS and some folks in town, no one will believe that he’s real and he won’t get kidnapped by some crazy fan!” Applejack added, assuring the nerdy teen.

“Well… what about record companies?” Twilight asked nervously.

“Spike won’t be in danger from record companies either,” Rarity answered. “They’re most likely wanted to hire a voice actor and CGI artiest to make more videos. But since we’re high school students, I doubt that’ll happen.”

Twilight remained unconvinced. “Well what about–”

“Spike won’t be in danger from other scientists either silly!” Pinkie assured with a smile.

“W-well–”

“Or Animal Welfare,” Fluttershy added.

Twilight opened her mouth.

“And especially the government!” Rainbow finished before Twilight could utter a single word.

Twilight grunted, annoyed that everyone kept brushing away her concerns about her dog.

Seeing that her friend was still worried about he pet, Sunset placed her hand on Twilight’s shoulder. “Listen Twi, nothing bad is going to happen to Spike! He was doing fine so far ever since he started his HayTube account and I’m sure he will do fine now.”

“Yeah Twi, I know what I’m doing!” Spike added proudly. “I may be a dog, but I’m different than all the other dogs and I’m smart enough to not make any dumb decisions! And I wouldn’t come to you if I don’t think I can do this. Just trust me!”

“And if anything does happen to him, we’ll be there to help you and Spike out!” Sunset added before facing the gang. “Right girls?”

Everyone nodded with assure smiles on their faces, letting Twilight know that they got her and Spike’s back.

While Twilight was unsure about Spike crazy idea of joining their videos for further exposing himself, she was at least grateful and appreciated her friends for being there for her and Spike whenever there’s trouble. After a few minutes of silence, Twilight let out a long sigh.

“Well… I’m still a little uncomfortable with the idea, but… alright, you can give your… rapping a try.” Before Spike could cheer, Twilight gave him her stern expression. “But not before you go over your songs with me first!

“Deal!” said Spike with a smile. “And funny that you mentioned it, I was coming up with a rap song of my own now.”

“Oh?” Twilight uttered with a curious, yet nervous expression. “Well… what’s your latest… rap song?”

Spike smirked. “It’s a working progress, but it goes something like this!”

He stood up on his rear paws and started to sing.

“Party time!
It’s party time!
Everybody’s feeling fine cuz it’s–”

“STOP!” Pinkie screamed, startling Spike and the rest of the girls. She then gave Spike her scolding look. “NO! None of that! Shame on you Spike! We’re not using that reference!”

Spike was on all fours again and looked up at Pinkie confusingly. “Reference? What do you mean?”

Pinkie then turned towards you with a hard look. “THEY know what I’m referring to!”

Everyone starred at Pinkie with perplexed looks, wondering who the heck Pinkie was talking to. For the sake of their own sanities, they all decided to not question her due to Pinkie being Pinkie.

“Ooooooookay?” Rainbow spoke in an unsure tone before facing Spike. “Well clearly, you still need work Spike. How about you just appear in our music video and Fluttershy will write you the lyrics for your part later.” Rainbow then turned to Fluttershy. “Is that cool with you Flutters?”

Fluttershy nodded at Rainbow with a small smile while Spike shrugged in acceptance.

“Alright cool! Fine with me!” Spike answered. “I guess I can focus on coming up with a Rapper name for myself for the time being.”

Twilight gave Spike a baffled look. “A… Rapper name?

Spike nodded with an excited look. “Yeah, every Rapper has to have their own Rap name! And I already came up with some!”

“And dare I ask… what are those names you come up with?” Twilight asked with dread.

“Oh this’ll be good!” Rainbow muttered, only to get jabbed on the rib by Applejack.

“For now on, you girls can call me…” Spike immediately stood up, put on his sunglasses again and crossed his arms in a cool rapping pose.

“Wild Spike!”

Everyone stood there in an awkward silence, except for Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, who were snickering due to how ridiculous the name sounded.

“…no,” Twilight deadpanned.

“…oh,” Spike uttered in disappointment before he perked up again. “Okay, how about… Spike Doggie!

Rainbow and Pinkie laughed even louder now while the rest of the girls expressions remained unchanged.

“No,” Twilight answered again.

Spike frowned. “Supreme Spike?

“No.”

Top Spike?

“No.”

MC Spike?

“Seriously!?”

“Uh… Snoop Dogg?

“I believe that name was taken!”

“Um… maybe we should go over to the front of the ship and start preparing for the video!” Sunset spoke up.

The girls nodded and started heading towards the front of the ship, leaving the purple puppy behind.

“Wait girls, I still got some ideas!” Spike called out desperately as he ran after the girls.

“How about Spike the Capone?

Suppa Duppa Spike?

Rock a Fella Spike?

Ruthless Spike?

“Ooh I know! Spike Da Rapper!

Twilight sighed. “Spike… give it a rest!”

Author's Note:

I wasn't originally planned to write the third sequel after a low reception from the second story of this "series"... but because of how Spike suddenly showed up in that recent EQG music video and rapped alongside with the girls (and no one questioned this for some reason) and that some of you guys asked for it, I decided to write this short story for this "trilogy". I have no plans to make the forth story of this series... for now! :trollestia:

And all those "rap names" for Spike, I actually got them from a site called, "Rap Name Generator".

Yes... that exist! Goggle it! :moustache:

Anyway, critiques are welcome, but please be polite! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 16 )

I KNEW IT!

Edit:
Well, glad to see another one and LOL on that Titanic reference.
By the way, what do you mean low reception?

Twilight grunted angrily. “By appearing in our videos, you’ll end up exposing yourself to another audience! By that, I mean to the people who never saw a talking – no – rapping dog in their lives! It’s too dangerous!”

Spike's a bit late on that one. The Animated Titanic movie exists.

“Party time! It’s party time! Everybody’s feeling fine cuz it’s–”

HA!!!! YES!!!

Including from a certain someone with Rainbow hair.

To be fair, Rainbow was technically right about Equestrian magic causing trouble... if she hadn't gone looking for it they never would have found the portal, or discovered that the storm was magically expanding...

“From what Principal Celestia have told me, the yacht company gave us another trip on the yacht for free as an apology after we crashed on a island due to a sudden– *AHEM*… "hurricane" from our trip,” Twilight revealed.

If only they were that simple... that company must be ridiculously generous....

“Yeah, like what happened to those folks from that sitcom I used to watch!” Pinkie chirped before listing things off with her fingers. “There was that goofy guy, his skipper, the millionaire and his wife, a movie star, the professor and that lady named–”

Not gonna lie, I'd totally watch a show about these girls trapped on an island together.

Spike had a dark purple opened vest shirt with a dark maroon hat, which was backwards and dark oval sunglasses over his eyes. He also wore dark blue collar with golden spikes instead of his usual collar, two golden bracelets around his left fore paw and two dark maroon shoes over his two rear paws.

"YOU KNOW THERE’S SOMETHIN’ YOU SHOULD KNOW. SO I'M GONNA TELL IT TO YA SO. DON’T SWEAT IT, FORGET IT, ENJOY THE SHOW!"

“I mean, no! You’re not making any rap videos!” Twilight snapped. “It’s crazy enough that you made opening package videos from a talking dog, but rapping? People will go nuts when they saw you rapping on screen!”

Twilight? Have you forgotten how far special effects have come? No one would really think he's there.

“Think about it,” Rainbow began. “Spike already has TONS of followers from his channel and we got decent amount of followers on our own. By working together with Spike, we introduced two different fan base together in one video." Rainbow then had a wide grin. "And then we’ll get new followers as a result for two different groups! So everyone wins!”

You're thinking big RD! I like it!

“Yeah Twi, I know what I’m doing!” Spike added proudly. “I may be a dog, but I’m different than all the other dogs and I’m smart enough to not make any dumb decisions!

Twilight: "What about the time I caught you drinking out of the toilet-"

Spike: "WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT!!"

“Party time! It’s party time! Everybody’s feeling fine cuz it’s–”

camo.derpicdn.net/a784c17dde202652f6d1535855b7dc77984f6e9e?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FR2v3c6H.gif

Ladies be knocking down his doggy door.

A... rapping dog... I remember those...

EDIT: THIS COMMENT WAS MADE PRE-READ AND I FUCKING CALLED IT. FUCK ALL Y'ALL IM DOING THE LOTTERY!

Interesting story. It seems you really enjoy making stories about Spike the Dog whenever you get a chance.

9655105

By the way, what do you mean low reception?

When the first of the series, "Since When Did Your Dog Become a HeyTuber?" was released, it got more than 800 views on the first day and remained on the Featured list for about five days. It's sequel, "Since When Did My Dog Become Your Assistant?" however, barely reached 200 views on the first day and was only on the Featured list for less than an hour.

“Party time!
It’s party time!
Everybody’s feeling fine cuz it’s–”

I knew it! It was the iceberg all along!

All in all. Another really good entry in this whole Spike series thing, enjoyed every minute of it! :yay:

Great story! I always thought I'm on a Yacht took place before Spring Breakdown, but then I realized the music video has events that couldn't happen during the special (the girls having fun and Rainbow Dash not looking for magic) so this being their second trip makes sense.

“From what Principal Celestia have told me, the yacht company gave us another trip on the yacht for free as an apology after we crashed on a island due to a sudden– *AHEM*… "hurricane" from our trip,” Twilight revealed.

The "have" at the beginning of the sentence should be removed and "a island" should be "an island"

Also, why did Principal Celestia tell Twilight about the free second trip? I get that she found out about the crew and visitors since they ended up on the front of CHS from the portal to Equestria, but I figured Twilight would know about the second yacht trip via an email from the Luxe Deluxe company since she was the one who organized the trip.

Since When Did Your Dog Become a Haytuber?
Since When Did My Dog Become Your Assistant?
Since When Did My Dog Become a Rapper?
Since When Did My Dog Have a Crush-nope sorry for being demanding.

9998585

“Party time!
It’s party time!
Everybody’s feeling fine cuz it’s–”

“STOP!” Pinkie screamed, startling Spike and the rest of the girls. She then gave Spike her scolding look. “NO! None of that! Shame on you Spike! We’re not using that reference!”

That "reference" Pinkie was talking about was from this infamous scene from the movie Titanic: The The Legend Goes On with a rapping dog.

...

Yeah... it was preeeety bad. :twilightoops:

“Ahhh!~ Nothing better than some sun and relaxation on a yacht… especially after dealing with a dangerous storm clouds made from Equestrian Magic and then had to travel back home though Sunset’s world in order to escape the island!”

dealing with dangerous storm clouds*

Rainbow Dash gave Applejack a sideways look. “Think of this way AJ: which would be easier to explain of what happened? That we crashed on an island because of a hurricane, or because we were attacked by an evil magical storm, which came from a magical staff, which was used by an evil dictator King from another world?”

of it this way AJ:*

“It was risky for bringing everyone through that second portal to Equestria Sunset,” Twilight pointed out. “But then again, if you haven’t done that, we’ll be trapped on that island for heaven knows how long!”

that, we'd be trapped*

“It’s probably better this way to avoid unwanted attention to Equestria,” said Sunset, ignoring Rainbow’s indignant look. “And I’m also glad that both the staff and the guests, aside everyone from our school of course, swore to keep that world a secret.”

I was about to question that myself as they did go through Equestria and become ponies... :twilightoops:

“… unless there’s Equestrian Magic hidden within the pool deck of this ship!” Rainbow added with a determined expression. “Maybe we should all head over there and stop anyone who–”

:facehoof:

Twilight, Sunset Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack stood in stunned silence while Rainbow Dash and Pinkie tried to hold in on their laughter. Twilight had so many questions she wanted to ask her dog about that statement. But of all the questions she had in her head, only one stood out the most.

Sunset, Fluttershy,*

Twilight said nothing. She just stood there like a statue, much to Spike’s confusion and the girls’ concern. After what it felt like the eternity, Twilight uttered a single word in response to Spike’s “idea”.

like a eternity,*

Twilight pinched on the bridge of he nose and sighed heavily. “Spike… it’s one thing to make videos about opening packages, but rapping? I’m sorry Spike, but the answer is still–”

her nose*

Spike sputtered as his cheeks slowly changed to red. “I-I’m not cute!”

Yes you are. :ajsmug:

“Which I still don’t know what that means!” Spike spoke up in an annoyed tone.

Computer graphic images is what I believe it stands for. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :unsuresweetie:

Seeing that her friend was still worried about he pet, Sunset placed her hand on Twilight’s shoulder. “Listen Twi, nothing bad is going to happen to Spike! He was doing fine so far ever since he started his HayTube account and I’m sure he will do fine now.”

her pet,*

While Twilight was unsure about Spike crazy idea of joining their videos for further exposing himself, she was at least grateful and appreciated her friends for being there for her and Spike whenever there’s trouble. After a few minutes of silence, Twilight let out a long sigh.

about Spike's crazy idea*

Pinkie then turned towards you with a hard look. “THEY know what I’m referring to!”

You just had to do it, didn't you Pinkie. :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment