• Published 20th Sep 2019
  • 656 Views, 5 Comments

Impossible Numbers' Flashfic Anthology, Volume Four - Impossible Numbers



Entries submitted for Loganberry's 150-Word Flashfic Contests. Individual genre ratings, story summaries, and links are included within the long description.

  • ...
1
 5
 656

Weird Ways of Asking

“Daddy’s sending me to the prestigious University of Canterlot.” Diamond Tiara waited for the right reaction.

“That’s nice.” Without looking up, Apple Bloom continued adjusting her cider-o-matic.

Canterlot.

“Ah heard. Pass the wrench while you’re here?”

“Which means,” continued Diamond in her talking-to-slow-ponies voice, “I’ll be away for a year.

“Great. Send letters.”

It took what little self-control Diamond had to not strangle her. “Don’t you care? I’m going to Canterlot! While you’re stuck here!”

“And we’ll love that!” Finally, Apple Bloom tittered and faced her, blushing. “Sorry. Bad joke. Ah’ll organize a goodbye hoedown. It’s… not much.”

Diamond saw her wince and took rare if misunderstood pity. “No need. Daddy’s organizing a farewell soiree.”

“Well, maybe one’s for family and rich folk, other’s for friends and… not-rich folk?”

“We’re friends?”

Smiling, Apple Bloom returned to wrenching. “Shoot, we’ve been friends ages. Ain’t it obvious?”

Relieved, Diamond sighed. “Thought so.”

Comments ( 3 )

Fantastic collection all around. I'm honestly not sure which one I lile the most. Thank you for them all.

9847665

You're very welcome, and I'm chuffed to hear you say that! :scootangel:

9989262
Cutie marks can be horrifying in and of themselves if you think about them too much. :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment