• Published 31st May 2019
  • 303 Views, 0 Comments

Faithful Devotion - Silent legion



Dumah the faithful follower watched in silence as his world burned, his God in a last ditch effort sent him to a new home somewhere far from what he was used to, now Dumah must be watchful of those of evil intent, his holy power will lure all who see

  • ...
 0
 303

Observations

Author's Note:

Hello all and welcome to my first story ever I hope you all can enjoy it as it will be a grand experience and I've finally worked up the courage to write something so sit back and relax and have a wonderful day.ps I'm sure to have a lot of spelling mistakes and errors please fell free to let me know. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated thank you

I woke up tired and sore my body felt strange, my Lord told me that it would change to allow me to blend in better.As I look down at myself I can see a dark blue coat of fur and I see black hair cover my eyes. Further inspection shows that I'm now what appears to be a horse.

My Lord told me I'd be imbued with some information that I'd require for basic functions so standing on all four hooves wasn't a problem. But it was... Quiet, my Lord was always able to have a connection to his faithful followers. But my connection was, lessened somehow, I could still hear him but he was quiet. It was unsettling but I was told it would happen.

I could see a spiral horn peaking into my vision, it would appear I am a unicorn, a being of myths. As I fully stand I can tell that I'm definitely smaller then a normal horse... Great being of small stature will be a new experience.

I can tell that this world will be a challenge checking my surroundings I see a lush forest with some broken trees. A headache goes through me and I hear a quiet whisper into my mind "My faithful follower this new world is ripe with life and magic more then your old home."

I hear his voice and sigh in relief to hear his voice as weak as it brought peace to my mind I speak to him my voice as silent as a breeze through the grass "My Lord you Grace me with your voice. Tell me what must I do."

His response was quick "I've learned from my mistakes and will not make the same ones again." He continued "For your loyalty to me even through the darkest times I've used my power to bring you a gift." As he spoke a small dimensional rift opened in the air and a item dropped from it.

My response to this generosity was immediate "My Lord there is no need for such kindness. You saving me from the void was the greatest gift I could ever receive.." I cut myself off after seeing what I was being graced with, a blade that seemed to shine in holy brilliance and my old mask a symbol of hope and faith it was a smooth silver texture with small slits to see through I was stunned I'd never have expected such grand gifts! "My Lord these gifts, they're wonderful, but why? I've done nothing spectacular in your name like some legendary followers."

His response made him sound far older then I could have realized. "I've seen what happens when I'm not active in the lives of my followers they squabble with others and bring about ruin." He continued "Think of these gifts as a blessing, you never we're activate within the church. my followers dwindle and I must keep watch." He left with these parting words "we are low in number and our customs are seen as strange keep yourself hidden and do not show yourself unless absolutely needed you are alone trust nothing and be safe." As he went silent in my mind the reality of the situation hit me like a Warhammer I'm in a new body, in a new dimension, and with barely any knowledge of how I'm to survive.

I must find civilization going over everything in my head lead to a quiet chuckle I looked like a crazy horse thing talking to himself. Regardless I can see what appears to be a castle precariously placed on a mountain it would seem I've found a place to be.

Looking back to my blessings I see my mask taking a more detailed look it's silver with slit eye holes and smooth for the mouth except the spires carved into the sides the reach just underneath the eyes giving the appearance of tears. This was a grand gift and I was very pleased to have it my sword on the other side of me was made from black steel one of the hardest and strongest metals in my world I'm surprised that this was given to one such as me and due to this new body my skills with the blade shurly have dwindled.

I've a long road ahead of me but it's a journey that I have to make. Equipping my sword which sat snugly on my side I realized that I'd have to use it with my mouth... An unsanitary option but a option nonetheless as I go work placing the mask on my face it fades away!

I'm left in a almost state of panic until his voice returned even quieter than before but there "You can resummon it when you want to but not wearing it makes it harder to tell you are different simply ask it to appear and it shall." I try to summon it and sure enough it's there in my hoof hanging limply, placing it on me gives me a sense of peace and power. I take the mask off and watch as it fades away and begin to take my leave. A new world to explore and new beings to meet had it not taken all that I knew of as payment I might have been ecstatic for the opportunity but a sorrow feeling burrowed into my chest.

It had taken a couple hours of walking but I had finally made contact with another horse walking down the pathway it spots me and speaks in a distinctly male voice "oh hello didn't think anypony would be walking here at this time of day." Looking up I now notice that it's getting close to dusk, I speak up "hello I'm new to these parts and don't exactly..." He cuts me off "sorry there but I can't hear a word your saying could you speak up?" It appears that my way of speaking (a harsh whisper) would require me to get closer to these beings then I would like too regardless I have some questions that he will need to answer