• ...
4
 17
 604

Connection Between Worlds

Right back where everybody disappeared, Timber Spruce desperately searched everywhere for any trace of the team, only for them to literally, suddenly reappear in a flash of light, in the same spot where they vanished no less.

"Gloriosa!" Timber exclaimed as he ran up to his older sister. "Where the heck did you and these other people go?!"

"These other people have names, you know!" Wallflower snapped, putting her hands on her hips. "I mean, we kinda said them too fast to see if the rock would react, but at least you could pause and try to remember them!"

"It's okay, Timber, we're all fine," Gloriosa said as she and her brother separated. "Although, at least in my case, I didn't leave empty handed."

Gloriosa took off one of her gloves, revealing her glowing hand and veins.

The other element bearers reacted appropriately shocked: Flash and Wallflower were left speechless, Vignette took a picture, and Juniper's shock was apparently mixed with excitement.

"Cool! It's like one of those special effects my uncle uses in post-production!"

"Before you freak out, Timber, don't worry: this glowing hand is actually part of my ability as the element of purification," Gloriosa put the glove back on. "I just touch something corrupted with it, and poof, it's purified."

"That seems rather situational, don't you think?" Vignette remarked, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, if magic's involved, it could be useful, but otherwise..."

"Save questioning the logic of everything for later, okay?"

Everybody turned around and saw the donkey appear with a smile on his face.

Suddenly, Timber ran up to the ungulate and prepared to tackle him, only for him to teleport a few feet away, causing him to hit the ground face-first.

"Timber, what are you doing?!" Gloriosa exclaimed.

Timber stood up and dusted himself. "He's the one who got you teleported to who-knows-where, right?! And he also turned you into these elements of redemption!"

"Well, yeah, but-"

Timber turned to the donkey and pointed at him.

"And you! What's your deal?! There's another set of elements in this world that can do whatever these elements of redemption are supposed to do, why do you need to drag my sister, and everybody else into this thing?!"

The donkey narrowed his eyes and a cloud of black smoke surrounded him, the cloud sliding towards Timber as it grew bigger, until it was a head taller than him, followed by it disappearing to reveal the donkey had transformed.

Into what? Into a gargoyle, of course!

"The elements of harmony can only do so much for this world, and those who have wronged it. They can help them see the errors of their ways, but they can't guide them to a proper redemption."

Timber nodded and immediately backed away, until he could hide behind his sister's back.

"Now, since I've revealed my true self, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Scorpan, a Gargoyle from the world of Sunset Shimmer."

"Sunset Shimmer's world?" Flash repeated, folding his arms. "And what would a native of that world be doing here?"

"Creating a second set of of elements to help this world, of course," Scorpan answered. "It's the best way I can think of to help my friend, Starswirl the Bearded, spread friendship across the world."

"Starswirl the Bearded?"

"A legendary unicorn from Sunset Shimmer's world."

At this point, Wallflower needed a time out to think of everything.

"Okay, so, just to be clear: Today we met each other by chance, we went onto separate parts of the world and gained powers because of it."

Wallflower pointed at herself.

"I can weaponize guilt."

Then Juniper.

"She can reflect things with mirrors and light."

Then Vignette.

"She can use telepathy and teleport."

Then Flash.

"You... have a hammer."

And finally, Scorpan.

"And the donkey that's been with us every time we entered, was actually a gargoyle from another world, who's friends with an unicorn."

...

"Why is the last part the only one I can't understand?!"

"That's what happens when you try to put logic in ilogical things."

"Speaking of which, when creatures from Sunset's world go here, Ponies turn into humans, dragons into dogs, and dogs into humans... I think," Flash remarked. "So how did you remain a gargoyle?"

"The portal's inner mechanisms are a much greater mystery than you imagine: You can't just assume it works that easily. But that's besides the point."

A portal suddenly opened.

"I believe it's time you meet a certain someone once again."

Twilight from Sunset's world jumped out, landing face-first on the ground. Flash promptly walked up to her and helped her stand up.

"Thank you... Flash!"

"Yeah, princess," Flash said. "It's me."

"I wasn't expecting to see you as soon as I arririved!" Twilight spoke. "Anyway, before you invite me to anything, I'm only here for business."

"Is any of your business related to the elements of redemption?" Vignette asked.

Twilight threw a look at the girls and Timber, prompting Scorpan to explain:

"Princess Twilight, the group you see her is the new set of elements of redemption I've made."

"Oh, well, I guess I do have business with you," Twilight reached for her back. "You see, the other princesses of my world were trying to power this thing up."

Twilight took out the gem from before.

"But they didn't tell me what it'd do, only that it would work once I came here."

Twilight turned to Scorpan.

"Do you know how it works?"

The gargoyle smiled.

"Plant it on the ground, and you'll see."

"I'll help you with that."

Wallflower walked up to Twilight, followed by Gloriosa, and the trio began planting the gem on the ground.

Once that was done, everybody backed away as the ground shook violently, and from the spot the gem was buried, a giant crystal treehouse emerged, with everybody looking at it as Scorpan spoke.

"This shall be your new headquarters, where you'll work together to help guide this world's evildoers into turning a new leaf."

The team looked at the gargoyle.

"That is your purpose... as the Elements of Redemption."


"And that's my proposal to give the Rainbooms extra allies!"

Pinkie Pie was the one who said that to the incredulous Rainbooms, consisting of Sunset Shimmer and the rest of her friends, along with a baffled Flash Sentry.

"Any questions?"

"Yeah, over a dozen actually, but the most important one is: do the elements of redemption even exist in this world?" Sunset asked. "I mean, the elements of harmony do exist, but they have counterparts in Equestria. Meanwhile, I've never even heard of a thing such as the elements of redemption."

"But you do have to admit," Flash remarked. "It is a neat idea, if a little weird in context."

"I'm not saying it isn't good or that it wouldn't help if they did exist. I'm just saying that, as the basis of a new team who'll help us with magic-related incidents, it's a very weak basis."

Pinkie Pie folded her arms. "Well, Sunset, what do you suggest we do in order to deal with the lack of help when magical incidents happen?"

Suddenly, the doorbell was heard, prompting Sunset to walk to the door and open it, finding a pizza delivery boy behind.

"I say, we eat some pizza, and leave that issue for later."

Sunset paid for the pizza, returned, and everybody sat at the couch to eat it, with the idea of the elements of redemption vanishing almost as instantly as it was planted.

Comments ( 5 )

That was...an anti-climatic ending. A bit disappointing,but I definitely liked the idea! I hope someone will make a fanfic series out of this...

10725284
I actually wanted to do that, but Kiwi and Supernova apparently don't have character tags?

"Now, since I've revealed my true self, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Scorpan, a Gargoyle from the world of Sunset Shimmer."

No way.

"Oh, well, I guess I do have business with you," Twilight reached for her back. "You see, the other princesses of my world were trying to power this thing up."

Twilight took out the gem from before.

I don’t remember that.

Login or register to comment