• Published 29th May 2019
  • 6,742 Views, 50 Comments

Baby Spike - BubblePuff



Spike is turned into a baby. Can Twilight handle motherhood?

  • ...
4
 50
 6,742

Chapter 5

Twilight raced back to Canterlot as fast as she could. She rushed into the castle and burst into the throne room. “Celestia, Luna, I have terrible news!”

Celestia and Luna both got up from their thrones. “What is wrong Twilight? Why is Spike still a hatchling?” Celestia asked.

Twilight explained everything. “I had just gotten permission to use the pearl, and queen Novo was about to give it to me, when all of a sudden the pearl was taken by Chrysalis! To make matters worse, she was aided by Tirek and Cozy Glow! They took Spike and threatened to harm him unless I let them go with the pearl. I couldn’t bare to see Spike be hurt, so I let them leave with the pearl.”

Both Celestia and Luna were in shock. “Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow all working together? This is bad news indeed.” Celestia said.

“Just how in Equestria did Tirek and Cozy Glow even manage to escape from tartarus?” Luna asked. “Not even Chrysalis alone would be powerful enough to break them out.”

Celestia turned to Luna. “We can worry about that later. For now we must warn the royal guards to ready the defensives. Now that those three are working together who knows when they might strike.”

“What do you want me to do?” Twilight asked.

Celestia looked over at Twilight. “I need you to gather your friends. We are definitely going to need the elements of harmony to combat this threat.”

As Twilight hurried out of the throne room, she looked down at Spike who was now asleep. Twilight could not help but think that maybe this whole thing was her fault.

“No.” Twilight thought to herself. “I did what any mother would have done. There is no way that I’m losing Spike, ever.”

Using all of her might Twilight teleported back to Ponyville, though she was drained of most of her magic. Twilight quickly gathered up all of her friends and informed them of what was going on at her castle.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Said Rainbow Dash. “You’re saying that Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow are working together? How is that possible!?”

“I don’t know, but it just is.” Twilight replied. “And right now we all need to work together to stop them.”

“Yeah, but how are we supposed to know where they’re going to strike first?” Asked Applejack.

“We don’t. That is why Celestia is sending royal guards to all of the major cities and towns to help build their defenses. However, knowing our past with these three it would be best to assume that they would come after us first.” Twilight said.

“So what are we going to do?” Fluttershy asked.

“First, we must evacuate Ponyville. Now that Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow have the power of the pearl the amount of damage they can cause is unimaginable. Applejack and Rainbow Dash, you’ll both assist with the evacuation of the adults. Rarity and Pinkie Pie, you’ll help with the fillies and colts. Fluttershy, I’ll need you to help evacuate the animals.”

Starlight stepped forward. “What do you want me to do Twilight?”

Twilight placed her hoof on Starlight’s shoulder and gave her a serious look. “Starlight, I have the most important mission for you. I need you to guard Spike with your life. I’ll be too busy directing the evacuation to watch him, so I need you to guard him for me.”

“Do not worry Twilight. You can count on me.” Starlight said.

Twilight felt a tugging on her tail. She looked down to see Spike trying to get her attention. Twilight leaned down and picked him up. “Oh Spike, I’m sorry to say that I won’t be around for a little while. Your aunt Starlight is going to be taking care of you, so I need you to be a good boy for her understand?”

Spike looked at Twilight with a sad look on his face. Even though he couldn’t speak many words, Spike still understood enough to know what was going on. He wrapped his arms tightly around Twilight, refusing to let go.

Twilight hugged him in return. A part of her did not want to let go of Spike, but she knew that he would not be safe around her. Especially now that he was a hatchling and that she would be heading into battle. With all of her might Twilight pried Spike off of herself and gave him to Starlight. Spike reached out for Twilight and began to cry. “Mama!”

Twilight gently brushed Spike’s cheek with her hoof. “Everything will be alright Spike. I will come back, I promise” Twilight then kissed Spike on the forehead then turned to face the others. “Alright girls, let’s get moving. We may not have much time.”

At Grogar’s lair, Grogar stood before Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow. He held the pearl in his hoof. “Now all of Equestria shall witness the true might of my power!” Grogar attached the pearl to his collar. Soon he began to glow. Grogar’s horns grew large and turned pitch black. His eyes turned flame red. Grogar grew in size, becoming 20 feet tall. Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek all looked up in amazement.

“Now, behold my power!” Grogar charged up his horns with magical energy. He then shot out a beam of energy that blasted through the walls of the lair and leveled the top of a far off mountain. Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis were all shocked and amazed by the pure display of power.

Grogar turned to face them. “And now we must head off to destroy the only thing that can possibly stop us. The elements of harmony.” As grogar lead the way out of the lair, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow whispered amongst themselves.

“Did you see that display of power? It was incredible!” Cozy Glow said.

“Perhaps a little too incredible.” Tirek replied. “It may make Grogar uncontrollable. What’s to stop him from turning that power on us?”

“We still have the bell.” Chrysalis said. “If Grogar gets out of control, perhaps we can use it against him.”

Tirek and Cozy Glow nodded in agreement. Cozy Glow grabbed the bell and gave it to Tirek, who hid it behind his back. The three continued to follow Grogar on their march towards Ponyville.

With the help of the royal guard, Twilight and her friends began the evacuation of Ponyville. Ponies were evacuated by train, cart, and even airship. Fluttershy evacuated the animals by giving them their own train cars and carts.

The last train was being boarded as Twilight said her goodbyes to Spike. “Now Spike, I want you to be a good boy for Starlight while I’m away. Can you do that?” Spike booped Twilight on the nose. Starlight and Twilight could not help but laugh.

“Don’t worry Twilight, I promise to keep him safe.” Starlight said.

“I know you will.” Twilight gave Spike a kiss on the cheek. Starlight then boarded the train with Spike. The two waved goodbye to Twilight as the train left the station. Twilight waved back, trying hard to hold back her tears.

The mane six patrolled the abandoned streets of Ponyville. The entire town was eerily quiet. A cold wind blew in, shaking the six friends to their cores. Twilight closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Brace yourselves everypony. We’re in for the fight of our lives.”

As the train that carried Spike and Starlight sped towards Canterlot, Starlight held Spike close to her chest. Spike would occasionally glance up at her with a worried look on his face. Starlight tried to ease Spike by gently rocking him back and forth. “Don’t worry Spike.” Starlight said in a soothing tone. “You will see Twilight again soon enough.”

Suddenly, the train came to a screeching halt. Starlight stuck her head out of the window to see what all of the commotion was. She was shocked when she saw Tirek, Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, and a fierce looking monster that she had never seen before blocking the way.

The four fiends marched towards the train car that held Spike and Starlight. Grogar used his power to tear off the side of the car. “Where is the young dragon known as Spike?” Grogar boomed with his mighty voice.

All of the commotion caused Spike to cry. Starlight did everything she could to quiet him down and not be noticed. Chrysalis immediately noticed Starlight and marched over to her. “Well well, what have we here?” Chrysalis asked with a sadistic smile.

Starlight held Spike close to her chest. “What do you want?”

“We need that baby dragon.” Cozy Glow said. “Hand him over!”

“Never!” Starlight shouted. She tried to blast the foursome with her magic, but Grogar put up a shield that stopped the blast. Tirek then opened his mouth and drained Starlight of her magic. Weakend, Starlight fell to the ground and dropped Spike. The little drake was grabbed by Chrysalis before he could hit the ground.

“You’ll do perfectly for our big plan.” Chrysalis said. Spike tried to free himself from her grasp, but he was simply too small and weak. The four villains then marched off towards Ponyville.

Starlight reached out to Spike, but there was nothing she could do. She passed out thinking that she had failed Twilight.