• Published 29th May 2019
  • 6,834 Views, 50 Comments

Baby Spike - BubblePuff



Spike is turned into a baby. Can Twilight handle motherhood?

  • ...
4
 50
 6,834

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

This story takes place after the episode Frienemies.

There was a knock at the door to Twilight’s castle. “I’ll get it!” Spike called out. The dragon flew down the hall and arrived at the massive front door. He opened it to find Derpy holding a package on the other side. “Hello Derpy. More packages for Twilight I assume?”

Derpy nodded her head. “Yes indeed! Although this one isn’t as big as the last one.” Derpy gave Spike the small package.

Spike looked over the package. “That’s odd, there’s no return address. Is this from princess Celestia?”

Derpy shook her head. “To be honest, we don’t know who sent the package. It just showed up mysteriously at the post office addressed to princess Twilight.”

“Well don’t worry. I’ll make sure that she gets it. Thanks again!” Spike waved Derpy goodbye as she flew off. Spike shook the box and could hear something rattling around inside. “Twilight won’t mind if I take just a little peek inside.” Spike thought to himself. He untied the string and opened up the box. As soon as Spike opened the box, he was blasted in the face with purple smoke. The smoke soon engulfed the little dragon.

“Spike, who was at the front door?” Twilight called out. When she got no response, Twilight made her way down the hall towards the front door. As she got closer, Twilight could see a cloud of purple smoke by the front door.

“Spike?” As Twilight got closer, the smoke began to clear. When it did, Twilight could not believe her eyes. Laying on the ground was Spike, de-aged to a hatchling and sucking on his own tail.

“Spike, what happened to you?!” Twilight said in a panic. She scooped up the little drake and cradled him in her front legs. “Spike please say something!”

“Abba wabba!” Spike replied.

Starlight Glimmer came trotting down the hall after hearing all of the noise. “Twilight, what’s with all the commotion?”

Twilight turned around to reveal Spike to Starlight. “Oh my gosh! What happened to Spike?” Starlight asked.

Twilight shook her head. “I have no idea. All I know is that there was a knock at the door and Spike went to answer it. When I arrived, there was this weird purple smoke and when it cleared I found Spike on the floor like this!”

Starlight walked over for a closer look. That is when she noticed the empty box on the floor. “Do you suppose this has something to do with what happened to Spike?”

Twilight lit up her horn and used it to scan the box. “There are traces of magic residue on the box. I’ll have to analyse it to find out exactly what it is.”

Spike then became fussy. “Yanna banna!” He yelled while clutching at Twilight’s mane.

“But first I should take care of this little guy. It’s been so long since I’ve had to take of Spike. It’s good that I keep around so many foal supplies for when Flurry Heart visits.” Twilight pried Spike off of her mane. She then went to the supply closet and got out the foal supplies.

Starlight helped Twilight to get Spike diapered. “There, that should prevent any accidents. Now what should we do?” Starlight asked. A loud growl could then be heard coming from Spike’s tummy. Starlight picked up Spike. “Sounds like somebody is hungry.”

“There should be formula in the kitchen.” Said Twilight. “You get him fed while I analyze that box for clues.”

Starlight tried to walk towards the kitchen with Spike, but the baby dragon threw a huge temper tantrum. “Want momma!” He screamed as he reached out for Twilight.

“It looks like he wants his mom.” Starlight hooved Spike over to Twilight. Spike grabbed onto Twilight and held her tightly.

Twilight let out a sigh. “Alright, I’ll feed Spike. Starlight, pick up that box and take it to my study. I’ll examine it later.” Twilight then went to the kitchen. She got out Flurry Heart’s high chair and placed Spike in it. After heating up a bottle of formula, Twilight gave it to Spike who chugged it right down.

After feeding Spike, Twilight placed him over her shoulder and gently patted his back. Spike burped up a little flame that singed Twilight’s mane a little. Twilight then placed Spike in a playpen that Starlight had set up. While Spike was busy playing with some toys, Twilight finally was able to examine the package.

“Have you found out anything?” Starlight asked.

“This box seems to contain dark magic. Ancient dark magic. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen before.” Twilight said.

“Is there any way to return Spike to normal?”

“Not that I’m aware of. I’ll have to contact princess Celestia. Maybe she knows something about this type of dark magic.”

Starlight looked over at Spike, who was stacking blocks. “So, I guess you’ll have to raise Spike all over again.”

Twilight walked over to the playpen and watched Spike play. “I know. The first time around I was only a filly and in way over my head. But now I’m way more mature, and I’ve had practice with Flurry Heart. This time around should be a snap.”

“Famous last words.” Starlight muttered under her breath.

“We’d better gather the others and inform them of what happened to Spike. We should also check to see if they received similar packages. It was addressed to me, so clearly I was the intended target. Whomever sent that package might be after them as well.” Twilight said.

Spike picked up one of the blocks and started sucking on it. Twilight quickly removed it from his mouth. “No Spike, that does not go in your mouth.” Spike then began crying, letting out a deafening scream.

“Still think this will be a snap?” Starlight asked as she and Twilight both covered their ears.

After getting Spike to calm down by giving him a pacifier, Twilight sent Starlight to retrieve their friends and bring them back to the castle. They had all received a mysterious package, but fortunately they never opened them. After arriving at the castle Twilight examined all of the packages. They did indeed contain the ancient dark magic.

“Twilight, what is this all about?” Rarity asked.

“Those packages you all received contain an ancient form of dark magic. Exposure to it would have caused you to turn into foals.” Twilight explained.

“Oh my. It’s a good thing we didn’t open them.” Said Fluttershy.

“Wait a minute, how do you know what would have happened to us had we opened those packages?” Asked Applejack.

“Well, because….” Twilight waved over to Starlight, who came walking into the room holding baby Spike. “Spike opened the package meant for me, and now he’s a hatchling.”

All of Twilight’s friends gasped in shock. “My goodness! Who could have done this to my Spikey-wikey?” Rarity said.

“That’s what I’m still trying to figure out. The packages have no return addresses on them, and the post office says that no pony dropped them off. It’s as if they appeared out of nowhere.” Twilight explained.

“So, let me get this straight.” Rainbow Dash said. “Somepony had a plan to turn us into foals using these mysterious packages, but Spike opened yours first and now he’s a hatchling?”

“That’s correct. But the dark magic used is so ancient that I can’t find a counter spell anywhere.”

Starlight placed Spike down on the table. He looked over at Rarity and smiled. Spike then crawled across the table over to her. Once he reached Rarity, he held out his claws.

Rarity picked up Spike and cradled him. “Don’t you worry Spikey-wikey. We’ll have you back to normal soon.” Rarity cooed.

“I must admit, Spike is really cute as a hatchling!” Pinkie Pie proclaimed.

Meanwhile, at a top secret location, Grogar watched the entire meeting through his crystal ball. He waved away the image in disgust, then he turned to face Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow. “Tell me again how turning Twilight and her friends into foals was supposed to help us conquer Equestria?”

Tirek and Chrysalis both stepped aside, leaving Cozy Glow to answer Grogar. “Well, um, you see there’s and old expression ‘Like taking candy from a foal.’ With the element wielders turned into foals, we could have easily marched right into Canterlot and taken over.” Cozy Glow then gulped and forced a smile.

“And yet, all we were able to do was turn a dragon into a hatchling!” Grogar yelled. “This entire plan was a complete failure from the start! If we can’t even turn the elemental wielders into foals, then how are we supposed to take out the princesses and rule Equestria!”

Chrysalis took a step forward. “Grogar, I know that the plan was to take out Twilight and her friends, but at least now we know that the foal spell works. We just need to find a new way to deliver it.”

“And I suppose you three know of another way?” Grogar asked.

“Well, not at the moment but we will.” Tirek said.

“You’d better, or else I’ll use the spell on the three of you!” Grogar then marched out of the room. Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis all stared at each other.