• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,390 Views, 43 Comments

255: The Aegis Collection - AegisExemplar



Short stories from the Idea Farm/Writing Exercise 255s

  • ...
7
 43
 1,390

Purist

Side-short to The St. Louis Massacre Chapter 6


Bright Hope gently wrapped the human in his telekinetic field. He’d been camped on the doorstep of the bureau, all alone. The human had been waiting to be the first into the bureau for the day. Luckily, Bright Hope had found him.

The stallion had come to Earth with his family, two daughters and a loving wife. They had happily volunteered to staff a Conversion Bureau. St. Louis had held promise, and for a time, that promise held true. The quiet, peaceful bureau in the suburbs had been their workspace and home. Little Sparkleberry played in the daycare, while her older sister Cross Stitch worked in the laundry room. His wife High Hope ran the front desk, her helpful attitude a boon for the position. Bright Hope himself acted as quartermaster, going on supply and grocery runs as needed. He was out on one the day it occurred.

He had gotten trapped when a stray detonation caught him beneath the grocery shelving. A can perfectly caught him in the temple and darkened his vision for hours. When he came to hours later, he made his way painfully back to his Bureau.

His world had been destroyed in one fell afternoon.

The human awoke, breaking Bright Hope from his dark reverie. The human began to wail, the thaumatic energy keeping him aloft burning his flesh.

Eventually, the form stilled, and Bright Hope dropped him into the dumpster where he’d carried him around back. After the loss of his family, Bright Hope had been contacted by others of like mind.

Bright Hope, now Broken Hope, would do his part to see that no Human or ‘newfoal’ ever placed a hoof in his beloved Equestria.

Equestria would remain Pure.