• Published 19th May 2019
  • 716 Views, 10 Comments

Gabby's Misadventures in Maretropolis - Pen Dragon

  • ...
0
 10
 716

Intermission: So Much For Keeping a Low Profile

Intermission: So Much For Keeping a Low Profile

Psst! Hey! Get somewhere private, we got a problem!

It was only mere minutes after he had returned to his desk after the accident in the hallway, but the moment that the stallion named Charge Volt heard that, he excused himself and immediately went towards the stallion’s locker room. Waiting until he was alone before he looked up and tapped his head twice. Doing so served as a signal for the breezie that was inside his mane, who flew out onto his extended right hoof as the stallion looked back at them.

“Lumen? What’s the problem?”

“What’s the problem!?” The breezie snapped at him. “We’re bucking screwed! That’s the problem!”

“Okay, okay, just calm down-”

“I AM BEING CALM!!” Lumen glared at him, before the stallion let out a deep sigh as he looked back at her.

“Before you try to make it sound more awkward than it already is, how about you explain to me why we’re screwed?” The stallion told the breezie as he sat on one of the benches that was in the room.

“Remember that griffon you saved the other night? Well, she works here and there are now pictures of you on the front page of the Maretropolis News Station’s website,” That did not sound good, especially when such a comment made the stallion’s eyes widen. “The whole point of you taking a job here was to keep a low profile and now everypony knows about us.”

“Okay, but why exactly do you think that griffon is the one that did all of this? Wasn’t there one other that works here?”

“You mean Greta? She only works as an front desk receptionist, not an actual reporter,” The breezie quickly retorted. “Face it, Lance. If this continues, she’s going to figure us out.”

“Lumen, I think you’re over exaggerating,” The stallion sighed. “If anything, I’m not so sure if they would consider me as a ‘hero’. Hell, most creatures that are bipedal and are on two legs intimidate the locals. The only exception is that Humdrum guy and even then, he’s seen as just a sidekick.”

“What I’m saying is… you need to be careful around that griffon. Especially since she’s not that ‘Bob-la Feet’ figure that we were lead to believe.”

“Lumen, it’s more than likely that she’s trying to hide her true identity. Why is it that I’m Charge Volt right now? Besides, you can’t just assume the worst in people the moment you meet them.”

“You mean you’re not assuming the worst in that Gabby girl after she basically used you as her anger punching bag, knicked you in the ribs and gave you the middle claw? All of them being things you can report to Equine Resources?”

“What, are you building a case file on her?” The stallion asked. “Look, Lumen. Just don’t stress over this. We don’t know much about everything right now, and making a scene isn’t going to help us. Can I just go back to work?”

All the breezie did was let out an angry sigh just as she looked back at him. “Fine… but remember, I’m watching her.”

“When you’re not asleep you are.”

“Just shut up and get to work, Charge.”

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed this intermission, it's a way for me to explain more about Charge Volt (AKA Lance) and his side-kick Lumen. Also you can thank FrostTheWolf for writing this little scene. It's cute honestly XD

Comments ( 7 )

Wait is this Where they traveled back in time in the main story

9647878
Actually, this story is an au from the main one. Its not seen as canon, but this allows for me to try and add some more dynamics between Lance and Lumen

9647998
Ok.
Keep up the good work

9648025
For further context, it’s an alternate take on what happens all the way in the beginning of the story. Instead of being founded by one of the Power Ponies and brought on there, Lumen and Lance had to find a way to make it out on their home without their help. Which is why hero work for him is not seen as full time because he has to find a way to make a living and keep his true identity hidden

9648032
Ok.
Thanks for the info

9647878
Unfortunately no, this isn't Canon, but I can tell you that you'll enjoy reading the fun shenanigans of Gabby, Lance, Lumen, and all of the OC's at the Newspaper company :)

Login or register to comment