• Published 24th May 2019
  • 654 Views, 13 Comments

Secret Visits - Jhoira



It doesn't take a genius to guess why Twilight's been secretly visiting Cloud Chaser.

  • ...
8
 13
 654

The World Turns (June 8th, Saturday morning.)

Twilight smiled widely as she trotted into Cloud Chaser’s room. Slowing down after a few moments realizing that Cloud Chaser was still asleep. Twilight walked up slowly to the bedside and simply watched her marefriend quietly. Twilight always liked seeing Cloud Chaser sleeping. When she was asleep she was free of the slightly tensed posture that Twilight could tell came from the low underlying pain Cloud Chaser was constantly in. Twilight sighed slightly as she sat. She couldn’t stand the fact she couldn’t seem to help Cloud Chaser! She’d even went to Canterlot and looked through the library to no effect! Well, she had found a spell, but not one she was willing to use. She also found out that Celestia and Trixie were in a relationship. Now that was something she certainly hadn’t been expecting. Her wandering mind was interrupted by a quiet hoarse voice.

“Hey there, Twilight.” Twilight looked up and smiled at the now awake Cloud Chaser.

“Hi, Chaser.” Twilight knew by this time what Cloud Chaser’s first request would be and she quickly magicked over a cup of water, pressing it to Cloud Chaser’s lips and allowing her to drink deeply. “How are you feeling this morning?”

Cloud Chaser gave the other mare a confident though slightly strained smile. “I’m as ok as I’ve always been. Well, at least as I’ve been recently.” Twilight let out a low sound, somewhere between a whine and a growl of annoyance. Though the sound wasn’t pleasant by any means it did cause Cloud Chaser’s grin to widen slightly. “Twilight I do appreciate your attempts but you really need to stop beating yourself up over it.”

Twilight sighed and shook her head. “I know Chaser! I know. I just am not used to hitting a problem like this. I can usually work things out pretty quickly.” She smiled sadly as she watched Cloud Chaser’s foreleg move slightly, reaching up and patting Twilight on the shoulder, despite the grimace of pain.

"I know Twilight. But somethings you just have to wait for." Cloud Chaser grinned a bit wider as Twilight groaned. Cloud Chaser adopted an old crone's voice."You know Twilight, patience is a virtue."

Twilight rolled her eyes but smiled. "Oh, thank you wise one! I would be so lost without you!" She grinned as she scooted up a little, gently guiding Cloud Chaser's foreleg back to her side, seeing how it seemed to cause Cloud Chaser less discomfort as she wasn't attempting to use her own muscles. "Chaser, I want to ask you something."

Cloud Chaser nodded, smiling. "I know that Coco and Applejack probably lit a fire under you but..."

Twilight let out a small snort, half amused and half annoyed. "Chaser this is a serious question." Cloud Chaser snickered quietly but nodded. "You're not hiding anything from me are you?"

Cloud Chaser tilted her head at that one. "We all have our secrets, Twilight. Care to be a little more precise?"

Twilight frowned at that, squirming a little as she sat. The last time her marefriend had a secret it torpedoed their relationship. "Uh... Chaser..." She nervously rubbed her right foreleg with her left. "Secrets are... They can really ruin relationships."

Cloud Chaser nodded, smiling at the other mare. "Twilight, I'm not keeping any relationship stuff secret from you. I'm a very average mare who's not into anything weird in the bedroom," at that Twilight flushed crimson but Cloud Chaser continued, her smile turning a little more amused than understanding, "Any secret I keep from you is because it's another ponies secret and not mine to share, ok?"

Twilight smiled back, still a bit nervously though. "So, you're not keeping any secrets about your health?"

Cloud Chaser's smile faltered for a moment, she still felt a little guilty for keeping that from her sister. "Oh, no worries there Twilight, I promise. All cards are now on the table."

Twilight giggled a bit and nodded, confident that she did get the truth. "You know it's a little annoying that you're so... Mature about all this. You're only months older than me and you're far better at this!"

Cloud Chaser chortled slightly and grunted as she tried to adjust herself, giving Twilight a purely happy smile as she felt hooves adjusting her pillows for her. "I told you Twilight..."

Twilight sighed a bit but smiled good naturedly. "I know, and I am glad you're so emotionally mature, but couldn't you act our age every once and a while so I can get the upper hoof?"

Cloud Chaser chuckled. "Oh, I'll see about that. Though I have to say that making such a request just shows how immature you are princess."

Twilight let out a sharp laugh and grinned at her marefriend. "Oh, that's just not fair! You say things like that when you know I can't hit you for it!"

Cloud Chaser chuckled in return and shook her head. “Now, Princess, I do depend on you for the gossip of Ponyville while I’m stuck here you know.”

Twilight nodded, smiling a little. “Okay miss, how about this for some gossip. Pinkie Pie and Zecora have been secretly dating for six months.”

Cloud Chaser rolled her eyes, giving her shoulders just the barest shrug. “Oh please, Twilight. Anyone paying attention to how they were interacting for the past six months could have told you that.”

Twilight couldn’t stop her outburst. “What!?” Her ears instantly falling in embarrassment as Cloud Chaser chortled.

“This is a hospital young lady.” Cloud Chaser shook her head gently, smiling at her marefriend who was so very easy to trick “I was kidding, I hade no idea they were dating “ Twilight let out a small harrumph as she crossed her forelegs, looking off to the side. “Oh don’t sulk Twilight.”

Twilight looked back at Cloud Chaser and managed to keep herself from grinning. “I believe that’s Princess to you, subject.”

Cloud Chaser stared for a few moments before she caught on herself, schooling her face into a properly severe face. "Oh, I do apologize your majesty! Shall I report to the dungeons after my recovery that I may be properly punished?"

Twilight grinned and shook her head. "Oh, I think that such an action can be forgiven, as it is your first offense." Twilight giggled as she leaned forward. "Just so we're clear this is just me talking about things that have been happening around town, not gossip, right?"

"Right you are Princess."

Comments ( 1 )
DNC

All her power and knowledge wet there is nothing she can do.:fluttershysad: No greater time is there for one to feel useless.:fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment