• Published 17th May 2019
  • 747 Views, 11 Comments

The Savior Princess - Creativa-Artly01



She was sent away from her kingdom when she was young, so she wouldn't be taken prisoner again by King Sombra. She grew up away from the empire. Now, she's the one who has to save it. First from Sombra, then from Chrysalis.

  • ...
0
 11
 747

Chapter 5

At breakfast, Flurry and Cadance just sit quiet and eat their oatmeal while Shining and Twilight go gaga over the newest Daring Do comic books and action figures. Cadance then mumbles under her breath, "why are they talking about comic books when there is clearly a war on the horizon?"

Flurry then whispers to her mom. "They're holding onto happiness and memories, let them." Cadance moans and nods to her daughter. "So, lovely day, isn't it?" says Cadance faning a smile.

"Yeah, sure," respond Twilight and Shining before getting back to needing out over Daring Do stuff. Cadance then puts her hoof down and straight up yells.

"Why are you talking about silly comic books and action figures when we're on the brink of war? We have a mad king in the basement that has plans to kill our daughter and you're talking about comic books, really? The heck you two! The heck!"

"Mom, it's fine, you can stop," says Flurry embarrassed.

"No! It's not fine!" snaps Cadance. She then storms out of the room and lets tears pour down her cheeks out of view. She can't believe she just snapped like that, at her husband and sister-in-law no less. She then runs off to her room and locks herself in for the rest of the day and just continues to cry.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Flurry does her best to focus on her friendship magic lessons with her Auntie Twily, but Twilight can tell her mind isn't fully there. "You're worried about your mom, aren't you, Flurry?" asks Twilight concerned as she puts her hoof under the young mare's chin.

"Yes," responds Flurry. "I've never seen her snap like that before. I know she was just hurt and annoyed that your focuses were elsewhere instead of what is at hoof, but but, it was still wrong. Honestly, I'm a bit rattled and scared." She hugs onto her aunt. "Can we just cut lessons short today and can you possibly talk to mom for me? Please. She'll listen to you."

"I don't think that would be wise, Flurry, but yes, we can end early," responds Twilight. The two then go off to the library to just hang out and talk. They catch up, Flurry tells Twilight about growing up living amongst normal ponies. Needless to say, Twilight is fascinating and writes all of it down in scroll upon scroll.

The next morning, Cadance is back to her normal self and the combined friendship and love magic lessons go off without a hitch much to Flurry's delight and happiness. The three then go and just hang out and play games once lessons end along with Shining Armor. Flurry is glad to have this quality time with family. It gets their minds off of things: of darkness, of war, of pain and fighting. Alas, they know this cannot last forever and soon, soon, Sombra will break free and they'll have to face him and his crystal and umbra army in the bloodiest battle likely to ever occur in Equestrian...and Crystal Empire...history.