• Published 15th May 2019
  • 567 Views, 13 Comments

As Hard As Velvet 2: The Battle Continues - Stormbringer



The saga of Twilight Velvet and her wife, Dream Walker continues.

  • ...
2
 13
 567

Chapter Five: Questions And The Conspiracy

In the present…


“Okay,” said Twilight out loud, she needed to rest her mind. “I know it was the past. But even so, I can’t get my mind around how a loving and sweet pony like Auntie Moon Shadow could’ve married such an ass. My apologies to Cranky Doodle Donkey.”
“Honey,” said Velvet, “only she could answer that. But I don’t think it’d be a good idea to ask her.”
“I wouldn’t, mom,” said Sparkle.
As the two Twilights were talking, they noticed that Dream Walker was starting to nod off.
“Okay, Dream Lover,” said Velvet, “you need a nap if you don’t want to cut the visit short.”
“I know, My Little Vixen,” said Dream getting up and heading to the stair.
“We’ll finish later my lovely daughter,” said Velvet.
Twilight flew ahead and kissed both her mothers as they disappeared down the stair.

Twilight hadn’t noticed the amount of time they were up on the tower. She now saw that the sun was getting low in the sky. Time for Applejack to be headed home.
Twilight went to the edge of the tower, there she saw her fiancée headed to the castle. A smaller pony was with her. Twilight took off straight up and then with the extra altitude she circled around the ponies. As she swooped down on them she could see that Apple Bloom was with AJ.
Apple Bloom was always asking about Twilight’s parents.

Twilight landed in front of her fiancée and kissed her deeply.

“Hey you two,” laughed Apple Bloom, “young children here.”
“Sorry Apple Bloom,” said Twilight and then winking at Applejack. Twilight’s aura surrounded Apple Bloom and carried her to Twilight, muzzle to muzzle. Twilight kissed a large kiss on Apple Bloom’s lips.
“Better?” asked Twilight.
“Twilight!” exclaimed AB as she settled to the ground, wiping the kiss from her lips. But was laughing.
“’Kay sis,” smirked Applejack, “we’re gonna talk ‘bout yer kissin’ my fiancée!"
“But Twilight kissed me!” giggled Apple Bloom.
“Potato, tomato,” said Twilight in her best Pinkie Pie voice.
Everypony laughed.

Later in the castle, after Dream had a good nap, Twilight found that Dream Walker was helping with the cooking of dinner, Apple Bloom volunteered to help, mostly to hang out longer with Dream Walker. Twilight was surprised and happy that her ‘other’ mother was such a good cook.

Dream Walker was in Elysium. After years of isolation and only occasional visits by her wife and brother, and only when she was lucid, here she was now with an extended family she belonged to. Applejack, Apple Bloom, Starlight Glimmer and Spike were included in that.

As all were socializing, Velvet took her daughter aside.

“Sweetie,” said Velvet, “I’m going to tell you the rest of the story in a bit. I talked with Dreamy and she agreed that she’d skip this part. We want nothing to induce the possibility of another relapse.”
“I have no problem with that,” said Sparkle, “and Jackie and I have a couple of questions to ask tonight. But I’ll wait until we’re all together.”
“That’d be no problem,” said Velvet.

Twilight Velvet and Dream Walker entertained the family with declassified tales of their past actions. Apple Bloom was amazed at the so called ‘war stories’.
The filly was in love with the mother figure of Dream Walker. This put her on the same footing as how Scootaloo viewed Rainbow Dash.

There was wine for the adults and soda pop for Apple Bloom, although they kept catching Dream Walker letting Apple Bloom have a sip of her wine. They’d jokingly chastise Dream for doing this. But she’d only retort:
“Oh. lighten up. I can spoil her if I want. I didn’t get to do that with Shining Armor or Twilight Sparkle!”
They’d all laugh.
“Well,” said Velvet, “while you do that, I need to talk to our daughter.”
Dream Walker had a quick flash of sadness cross her face as she nodded. But her smile returned as she hugged Apple Bloom.


In Twilight (and AJ’s) bedroom, the two Twilights sat and held hooves.


In Vanhoover in the past, several days after the confrontation between Meteor Shower, Twilight Velvet and Dream Walker…

“Meteor Shower,” said the pony in the white robe and hood. “We’re so close to realizing our plans. With many of our ‘reforms’ are already in place and our ponies in positions of influence in the NMW Church, we have a readymade power base.”
“What about those who aren’t in this with us?” asked Meteor.
“What about them? They’re already brainwashed to think of Celestia as a demon. A readymade army of fanatical zealots to use for us to overthrow the despot and set up an Equestria in our likeness.”
“And Nightmare Moon?”
“A story to scare foals at Nightmare Night. All that matters is that the fools think that they are achieving their goals.

And Nightmare Moon brings us to your wife’s family.”

“What about her family?”
“I understand that her sister is a marehood-munching mare-lover. Trying to convince ponies that she and the other are married. We have to make sure that they are out of the picture…

Permanently.”

“But sir,” said Meteor, “they’re both high ranking officers of the Royal Guard.”
“And Royal Guard don’t have accidents?”
“Yes,” said Meteor, “I guess.”
“Then you’d better make sure something happens! Also the church will help. I discovered that they think your sister-in-law will give birth to a pony that will stop the return of Nightmare Moon. They’ve already attempted to assassinate her and her disgusting partner five years ago.
And there are two church members that were sent to keep eyes on them on their trip here. I’ll send them to you.”
The robed pony turned and walked off. Meteor had more questions but he knew that the conversation was now closed.


There was a knock on the door to Orion’s cell[1] door.
Orion was at the door quickly.
“Brother,” said the acolyte, “you’re needed in the sanctuary. There’s a pony waiting to talk with you.”
“I’ll be right there.”
“No rush,” said the acolyte, “I must inform, Sister Meadow Flower as well.”
Orion started to be nervous about this, but he tried not to show it.
“I can get her,” said Orion concocting a believable lie. “She likes to meditate in the morning. I know exactly where she is (this part wasn’t a lie). I’ll get her and go right there.
The peace of the Great Mother be with you.”
“And with you too, thank you brother, ” said the acolyte, then he turned and left.

Orion returned to the bedchamber, Meadow was still in the bed. She was so beautiful to Orion. He almost drooled thinking of the passion they’d been sharing.

“Honey,” said Orion shaking the sleeping mare.
“Yes Dear,” replied Meadow.
“We’re called to the sanctuary to meet with somepony.”
“Oh, no!” said Meadow panicked, “you think they know?”
“I think that if the Church Orthodoxy Enforcers would’ve come, they’d not have bothered about asking to go somewhere.”
“The COE wouldn’t even knock,” said Meadow afraid.

The two put on their robes, without even doing the blessing prayer. Orion looked out the door, there were no others around.

“Come on,” he called to Meadow Flower.
They exited quickly and made their way to the sanctuary. As they walked, Meadow Flower figured that maybe she should share something with Orion before they met whomever.

“Orion,” said the mare, “I need to tell you something important before we do this.”
“What is that?”
“Orion, I’m planning on leaving the order soon.”
“Why?”
Meadow stopped, Orion stopped and turned to face her.
“Orion, I have to leave before it’s obvious and they punish me and cast me out in disgrace, or worse.

I’m certain that I’m carrying our child.”

A million things went through Orion’s head, a million emotions when through his heart as well.
“This quickly?” asked Orion.
“I should’ve told you on the flight, that it was ‘my time’,” said Meadow Flower. “I snuck away the other night to a ‘sensitive’ zebra healer. She confirmed it.”
“A foal? Our foal?” said Orion smiling. Meadow nodded, happy with Orion’s reaction so far.
Orion looked about quickly. The coast was clear and he kissed Meadow as much as he dared.
“Let’s see what they want with us and then we can talk about where we are going to go to get away from this.”
“You’d want to go too?” asked Meadow.
“Why wouldn’t I? I love you Meadow and I want to be there for our child.”
“I love you too!”
The two had to fight hard the impulse to embrace and kiss.


There in the dimly lit sanctuary was a green stallion with red mane and tail.

“How may we help you, sir?” asked Orion.
“I understand that you two followed two ponies from Canterlot to here.”
“Yes sir,” said Meadow Flower.
“They appeared to do nothing suspicious, they were always quite close,” said Orion.
“You’re aware that the Church has identified one of the mares as the one who’d have a foal that’d thwart the return of your Great Mother,” said Meteor Shower, “and they tried to kill them then 5 years ago?”
“I’m very aware,” said Orion, remembering the massacre in Ponyville 5 years ago.
“Well,” said the stallion, “the church wants the mare and her partner dead.”

There was a silence.

“Sir,” said Orion, “we’re a simple monk and nun. We aren’t trained to do such things.”
“This comes from His Eminence himself.” Said Meteor, “but if you can’t do it, I’ll tell him that you two are unwilling to fulfil your vows.”
“Forgive us,” said the two together.
“It will be done,” said Orion.

Later…

“Orion, my love, I’m afraid,” said Meadow Flower.
“Of what?”
“Honey,” said the mare, “we both have seen how much the church has changed. I’m starting to doubt my original faith. I know that there are others that are starting to feel that way too.”
“How do you mean?” asked Orion.
“We’ve always been told of the love and caring of the Great Mother.”
“And?”
“Would a loving mother condone the murder of a couple ponies that might do something in the future.
And you said that they were only going to sterilize the mare.
We both have seen the changes over the last 5 years. Things that were acceptable are now taboo. Actions that would have been unthinkable are now compulsory. Even the actions of Star Catcher, (may the Great Mother bless her memory), may have been more a personal agenda versus the doctrines.
And what is the need for Orthodoxy Enforcers, when love and peace is supposed to be the foundation of the faith?
I truly do now doubt my faith. And perhaps this is the sign that we should leave.”
“They expect us to go and do something about the two mares. This gives us reason to leave the cloister without suspicion,” said Orion.
“Just be careful that we don’t run into any of the COE. It’s said that they can read minds,” said Meadow.
“If we even catch sight of the ‘Green Robes’ then we must fill our mind with the affirmation of faith chant. Let it be all we think of. We can’t even take anything with us, lest we raise suspicions.”
“Then let’s go before I panic and give everything away,” said Meadow Flower.
The two kissed and then removed their robes while they fought hard the impulse to make love. But they knew that now was not the time. But they feared that they possibly might have missed their last chance, should they be found out.

The two walked the halls to the church exit. They were chanting the affirmation of faith chant so it’d be running around in their heads.
Ahead at the doors, were two green robed COE.

“You are Brother Orion and Sister Meadow Flower?” asked the COE.
“Yes brother,” said Orion using every bit of nerve he had to remain calm.
“The pony you are meeting is just outside,” said the other COE,
“Thank you so much, brother,” said Orion, “may the blessings of the Great Mother be with us all.”
“I feel you distressed,” said the first COE, “is there a problem?”
“No,” said Orion, not knowing how he wasn’t wetting himself, “His Eminence has given us a mission to do something we’ve not been trained for and we fear failure.”
“But we know that the Great Mother would not lay on us anything that we couldn’t handle,” said Meadow Flower quickly.
The two green robed ponies smiled at the pious answer. They opened the door and the two ponies exited.
It was the last time that they’d be even near the building.

Outside, there was the pony they’d met in the sanctuary.
“How may we help you, sir?” asked Orion.
“You were told in inside,” said the stallion sounding upset he had to repeat himself.
“So we’re just to go to the two in question and kill them?” asked Medlow Flower.
“No, it has to be done discreetly,” said the stallion.
“We can appreciate that, sir,” said Orion understanding that this stallion had no idea how to do this and was scared as well. “And you being an outstanding member of society and a pony of intelligence, we, a poor monk and nun only seek your guidance and wisdom.”
Meadow Flower didn’t know how she was able to NOT show amusement at this obvious flattery. But it appeared to work.
“I suggest that the you two go and try to meet the two mares.” Said the stallion, “It could give you ideas of how best to find when they’d be most vulnerable. Then report back to me at the address I’m going to give you, it’ll also have the names and address of the two you seek.”

The stallion levitated a parchment to the two and turned to leave, relived that he didn’t have to deal with it anymore. In his mind it was now a S E P, ‘Somepony’s Else’s Problem’. He trotted away quickly.

“He doesn’t have a clue,” said Meadow Flowering watching the receding stallion.
“Perhaps in more ways than one,” said Orion.


Orion and Meadow talked as they headed in the direction of the residential section of Vanhoover.
“Orion, my love,” said Meadow, “what do we do?”
“I’m not sure,” said Orion, then with a slowly forming smile, “but I know a couple of ponies that may be able to help.”
Meadow smiled at what she knew what Orion was saying.


Twilight Velvet, Dream Walker and Twilight Glow were finishing up lunch when there was a knocking at the door. Velvet and Dream felt strong and odd emotions near.
Glow got up to answer the door but her daughter and daughter-in-law stopped her.
“No mom, we’ve got this.” Said Velvet in a way that the mother didn’t question it.

“Full shields, my love,” said Dream as they approached the door.

They opened the door and were shocked. There were standing the two ponies from the Zeppelin. They were smiling odd smiles, not the ones they’d see on the robed ponies that went door to door.
“You?” said Velvet surprised.
“How may we help you?” asked Dream with a smirk.
“Hello ladies, my name is Orion and this is my marefriend Meadow Flower. But we suspect you know who we really are, as we’re aware of who you really are,” said the stallion. “We were sent by the Church of Nightmare Moon’s Witnesses…

To kill you.”

“May we come in?” asked the mare with an odd smile.


[1] As in a monk’s cell. Not a jail cell.