• Published 16th May 2019
  • 487 Views, 2 Comments

Souls of the Forgotten Remnants(Rewrite) - The User



Beings called Fragmented Ones try to mend a corrupted pony universe that's out to get them. The other universes are no better.

  • ...
4
 2
 487

1. Celestia

Author's Note:

Sorry about the previous upload everybody. I had a derp moment with my A.D.D.(Attention Deficient Disability) and uploaded the wrong idea I had for this story.

For those who haven't read the previous entry that I took down, it was an intro using the character Mandy wearing the mask of the beast from 'The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy'. The idea was for her to be in full monster form, but being an anthropomorphic version of her beast form.

I may use Mandy in that form for a later chapter. Pending.

Anyways, for those that are wondering, this is the reworked, rewritten, and reuploaded original chapter I posted on this story. Those of you that read the original version may recognize the way it begins.

<=====Canterlot Train Station=====>

The sun shined brightly on the ivory colored city of Canterlot. Ponies were going around, doing their usual business. However at the train station, six mares and a dragon had just arrived. They walked all the way into the street just outside of the station before they began talking.

“Okay girls, and Spike, we need to get to the castle. Princess Celestia need us for the umm… ‘royal business’ she wanted to show us.”

Twilight Sparkle, A purple alicorn, a pony with both a horn and wings, dressed in a light blue shirt and dark purple shorts had stated. Her navy blue mane and tail with a stripe of pink and a stripe of purple swished back and forth as she swayed a little. Sadly she was more focused at the letter the princess sent more than focusing on her own friends. Each one having their own agendas in mind a bit more than Twilight’s words at the moment.

“Ooh~! Look at those hats. I simply must get one. That one with the large blue feather is so in season this month.”

Rarity, a white unicorn, a pony with only a horn, wearing a long white dress and slim black shorts underneath. Her violet mane and tail were curled to showed her elegance to the highest degree possible. She had been gazing at a hat store. The clothing on display intrigued her as she was seeing combinations of colors that she didn’t realize went together before.

“Um… Rarity. Twilight was talking to us. We should listen.”

Fluttershy, a butter yellow pegasus, a pony with wings, wearing a white tank top and green shorts. Her long pink mane and tail drifted very close to the ground. She was trying to get Rarity’s attention as she didn’t want her friend to be left out, missing any important information.

“Oh! Yes, quite right deary. Where are my manners? Sorry Twilight darling. You were saying?”

“She was sayin’ the princess needs us for something Rares.”

Applejack, an orange earth pony, which lacks wings and horn but makes up for it by having heightened physical strength, was wearing her signature stetson hat, a red tie-on midriff, and blue shorts. Her blonde mane and tail were ironically in ponytails. She was busy telling Rarity to not be distracted by the clothing stores whilst Rarity stated she was merely appreciating their quality craftsponieship.

“Oh, come oooonn already! We gotta get our flanks to the castle pronto for the princess!”

Rainbow Dash, a cyan pegasus, wore her midriff sports shirt with a turquoise jacket over it, and bike shorts. Her rainbow mane and tail were unkempt and messy but that only added to her personal flare. She was hurrying two of her friends which started to bicker amongst themselves.

“Come on girls! There’s no need to fight when there’s possibly another surprise waiting for us at the castle that’s a super-duper-scrum-diddly-lumpish cake! Quickly, let’s go to the castle! We fly!”

Pinkie Pie, a pink earth pony, wore a white shirt and baby blue shorts with suspenders. Her slightly darker pink mane and tail were poofy like cotton candy. She hugged her friends before posing in a pointing stance towards the castle. Her friends sighed at her antics.

“Are we ready to go yet? I want to know what about that barrier that’s around castle is.”

Spike, a purple dragon with green spines, wore a black hoodie and shorts with green outlines. He was pointing at the castle far behind while looking back at his friends.

“Yeah Spike. We- Wait what!?” Twilight stammered.

As the gathered group looked northward, they saw a rather unusual sight. Unlike the bubble shield of Twilights’ brother, this shield coated around the very walls of the castle itself. This made the castle look a different color.

“Ugh! Green!? That color is just. It doesn’t look. It’s just awful with how the castle looks compared to whole of Canterlot. Blegh” Expressing her disgust further, Rarity refused to look at the castle, much less tolerate it.

“Come on! We have to see what’s going on!" Twilight and Spike ran ahead as the others began catching up to them.

Oh! I hope everypony inside is okay.” Fluttershy expressed her worry as she flew to keep up with the others.

<=====Canterlot Castle Throne Room=====>

Princess Celestia, a pale white alabaster alicorn, wearing her royal white dress and beige shorts underneath. Her mane and tail of pink, sea green, blue, and light blue waved ethereally from an invisible wind. She was sitting on her throne like usual, waiting to tell Twilight and her friends some very important information. This was also why her niece was also here.

Princess Cadance, a pink alicorn, wore a short lavender dress and yellow shorts. Her mane and tail were curled at the bottom with streaks of yellow, pink, and purple. She was both nervous yet giddily jumping in place once she heard what Celestia was going to talk about. If it worked, then there could be a whole new realm of possibilities. She just knew Twilight would be nonstop about it. Her husband, Shining Armor would have to prevent her from having an overload from all the questions she’ll come up with.

Shining Armor, a unicorn, wore a dark blue shirt and pants. Armor adorned his head, chest, back, shoulders, arm bracers, and hooves up to his knees. His mane and tail were streaks of dark blue and light blue respectively. Trying to calm his wife down was hard as he himself was also trying to calm himself.

The information Princess Celestia told was undoubtedly more than an eye opener. He only wished the second part wasn’t what he thought it was. He wanted to speak his mind on the matter, however he’ll wait for Twilight to get here. She was a better negotiator than he was. Just as Shining was about to question Celestia at least, he was greatly interrupted.

YOU JUST DON’T LEARN, DO YOU? ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MORE HARM THAN GOOD. LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE. THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOU BUT PAIN AND DEATH.” Multiple feminine voices reverberated throughout the throne room.

Immediately the who;e throne room was in a panic. The loud booming voices had alerted the two guards stationed near the throne to take up a defensive stance with their spears. Shining took out his pink long sword, ready to fight if need be. Cadance summoned a yellow bow with a quiver, full of arrows with cyan heart shaped tips. Celestia summoned a large golden greatsword.

“Who are you?” Shining called out. “I am Prince Shining Armor of the Crystal Empire! I demand you show your presence!”

There was silence as the voices did not reply. There was no being in sight. After what felt like minutes had passed, Celestia decided to speak up. Realizing if she didn’t, then Shining and her guards would be up in arms around the castle. She’d rather not have a repeat of the Changeling invasion defense if she can prevent a catastrophe. Rising from her throne, she spoke and walked.

“Whoever you are! I assume you heard what I told my niece and nephew-in-law. What you said is justified by fear and prejudice! You will not stop us from achieving our goal!” By now she stood at the foot of the thrones’ stairs, waiting for a reply. When none came, even she began to validate the voices’ return.

“Do you think whoever that is, is gone?” Cadance looked around and above at the ceiling to make sure they weren’t trapped or ambushed. “Wait, why is the outside green?”

Everypony looked to the outside and saw that there was a strange green glow through the windows. They all rushed to the said balcony, but were halted by a wall of green light. Touching the light and scanning it with the magic from her horn, Celestia came to a conclusion.

“It’s a barrier.” Turning around, she looked up again. “Is this your doing!? I will forgive your actions if you surrender and let us out.”

WE’RE AFRAID WE CAN’T DO THAT DAVE. PFFFT.” Small amounts of giggling were mixed in at the end.

Perplexed, she ask. “You do know none of us are named ‘Dave’ right?” The voices went ballistic with laughter after she said that.

Losing his patience, Shining Armor spoke. “If you’re not going to bring this barrier down, then I’ll remove it with my barrier.!”

“Our barrier.” Princess Cadance walked up, horn charging her magic.

Shining smiled as the two put their horns together, creating a ball of light. The same spell they used at their wedding. Once the spell was fully charged, it was released outward. It expanded until it hit the green magic coating the castle, but no matter how hard the couple pushed, it only caused their own barrier to crack. Shards of their barriers magic were falling off.

“Love conquers all!” They yelled, forcing more mana into their barrier. The exertion caused the barrier to try to expand one final time. Unfortunately, it shattered like glass, spreading the fragments all over the room. None were hurt thankfully.

Panting and huffing, Shining looked at his wife. “Are you okay Cady?” She nodded with a ‘Yeah’ to prevent any worry. Now was not the time to be afraid. It was time to get out.

THIS IS BUT THE FIRST STEP OF MANY. YOU WILL FIND MANY MORE IN YOUR WAY.

Princess Celestia looked at her niece before looking back up. “You won’t stop us. I WILL tell Twilight and her friends of what I told Cadance and Shining and they WILL succeed! They have overcome many challenges before, and I trust they will overcome this challenge as well! They have the Magic of Friendship on their side! Nothing can stand in their way!”

They stood and waited for the voices to respond again. For now, they seemed to be remaining quiet. Not only did this bring a tinge of relief to those in the room, none had as big a smile as Princess Celestia did. A victorious feeling washed over her like being in rain without an umbrella. She was drenched in it. Spinning around to face the others, she was about to declare victory. That was, until the voices responded.

UNRELENTING AS YOU ARE, STEELING YOUR RESOLVE. YOU WILL HAVE TO BE TAUGHT A LESSON. A VERY PAINFUL LESSON.” The foreboding tone at the end didn’t sound all too pleasant to any of them.

Again, they took defensive stances, waiting. The green barrier was still up and there was only silence filling the room. None had dared move or make a sound. Nervous and paranoid, the guards shifted ever so slightly. Every motion caused their armor to shift and clink the metal plates together. The royals kept their magic alight, scanning the area for any potential dangers.

None of them knew what to expect. “Guards! Behind you!” Celestia called, but it was too late. Both guards were struck down in an instant by two different beings.

One of the two was a giant compared to the other. He stood three times the size of the other being while he was a little over twice the size of Princess Celestia. His armored looking body was all white except his arms. Sharp golden toes exuded from his feet. Blue markings on his chest seemed to highlight the center chest plate. A large spike stuck out from his head with two smaller golden spikes beside it. His left arm was mainly orange with a head at the end that appeared draconian with three horns. The left shoulder was attached with a small shield with a very sun resembling symbol on it. The right arm was consistently blue with the head at the end resembling that of a wolf. The right shoulder had three spikes protruding from it. A large cape that was red on the inside and white on the outside flowed behind him.

Celestia looked at her guards who now laid dead. Blood pooled around each of them. One wasn’t even in one piece. Her gaze went to the giants weapon. The left arms ‘mouth’ was open, allowing a large greatsword with strange, unknown rune-like markings along its’ blade. He was the one to cleave one of the guards in two Looking at the other being, her eyes widened as she recognized something about him.

“You! You’re! Bu-But how!? You can’t be here! This is impossible!” She began to stutter her words at the other being before her.

The other being before her was dressed in mostly black clothing with red outlines on his jacket. His shoes were yellow and black His gloves were black with yellow straps around the wrists. His brown hair stuck out in multiple directions. His eyes were ass blue as the sea and sky. What was the most interesting was the strange weapon he wielded. It was a sword of some kind, that was certain, but it resembled a giant key. The guard around the handle was gold. There was a red band at the base of the weapons ‘blade’ and the ‘sword’ itself was as blunt as a bludgeon.

A human!? NO! That’s impossible! How is he hear!?’ Princess Celestias’ attention turned towards the giant. ‘Was it him? I s he the reason? Yes. He must be. There’s no other way.

“That’s your weapon? A giant key sword thing? Okay then. I know who truly cut those guards with their blade.” Shining smirked at the boy as he taunted his weapon, but Cadance, she was looking at his weapon almost hypnotically. She could feel the magic in his key weapon. She could tell her husband was underestimating it by feeling the confidence in his voice.

“The name’s-” The boy was about to introduce himself with a big smile, but the giant spoke, cutting him off.

“Don’t bother introducing yourself. They don’t deserve to know. They won’t ever bother to remember.” The giant interrupted the boy, causing him to turn his head.

“Why? Does it not matter?” The boy questioned. His head tilted to the side with a small frown. Shaking his head, his smile returned. “I guess you’re right. We just need to keep them here.”

“Um… Shining? Maybe I should-” Just as Cadance was about to ask to fight the key wielding warrior, the white giant had charged at her. The fast speed of the warrior caught her by surprise. She had no time to draw an arrow.

Luckily for her Princess Celestia was above the pale warrior. With her greatsword raised, she descended to strike. The right arms’ ‘mouth’ opened, revealing a large tube. A bright blue light shot out of the wolfs’ mouth cannon.

“Garuru Cannon!” The giant yelled. Blue light propelled from the right arm, freezing Celestia in the air in a boulder of ice.

“Auntie!” Cadance cried out. “Please stop this! We don’t have to fight! This information is for the greater good! We-!” Cadance gasped in a high pitch. Startled by the giants’ face so close to her own.

“We already gave that chance to you. A long time ago.”

The pale giant launched Princess Cadance into the air with a kick. The strike to her abdomen was hard enough to cause a cracking sound loud enough to be heard across the throne room. Blood expelled from her mouth as she flew. Before she knew it, the giant was above her, sending her down sword. Cadance blocked the blade with her bow, but couldn’t remain in the air due to the force of the attack. Just as she hit the ground, the giant landed next to her, kicking her again across the floor.

“Cady!” Shining Armor yelled. He turned his back from the boy, shocked to see such brutality used on his wife. Raising his sword, he blocked the large key the boy use in attempt to strike his head. “Not so fast.”

The boy backed off, holding his key over his shoulder. “What’s wrong?” He mocked. “I thought you were some ‘Guard Prince’ or something? Seems you can’t even protect yourself.”

“Big talk! Coming from a kid with a metal club.” Shining fake smiled back. In truth, he was upset. He wanted to save his wife from the pale giant with beast arms, but the boy was going to attack him from behind in an attempt to knock him out. He couldn’t let a kid knock him out. It was outrageous. Frustrated, he charged at the boy, sword poised to strike.

To his surprise, the boy sidestepped the attack by rolling past it. Swinging his key upward, he launched Shining into the air. Launching himself up, the boy spun horizontally, hitting multiple strikes on Shining Armor. Shining tried to retaliate with his magic, but the boy struck his horn, causing his horn to lose a few fragments of itself.

Shining tried again by swinging his sword. The key bearer deflected the attack and swung back at him. Multiple strikes hit Shining as he was subjected to one hit after another. Each swing and spin with the giant key was another part of his body hit, another bone cracked, and another piece of his armor chip.

“Blitz!”

The key bearer finished with a downward slam, smashing Shining. The boy stood in a battle stance not well known. Bending his knees, he held the handle close to his legs while pointing the tip of his key weapon back.

“Are you done, or are ya thirsty for more?” He taunted Shining again. A smile adorned his face.

Shining slowly forced himself back up. Sweat dripped from his body, his armor cracked from the relentless beating he just endured. Still, he would allow a kid to beat him, no matter what kind of weapon said child held, even if he was clearly outmatched. Looking over at Cadance, he saw more of the ferocity of the pale giant.

Cadance was quick to raise her bow summon with a heart tipped spear one as the giant held nothing back from his attacks. Two more wide swings from giants sword sent her back again. She tried swinging her spear, but the giant receded his cannon, closing the wolves mouth to ‘punch’ the spear away before backhanding Cadance, breaking her jaw in the process.

Cadance held her jaw from dropping down again, crying her eyes out. While her alicorn physiology would regenerate her back to full health, she wasn’t used to this kind of pain. Not like her aunt, Celestia. She just needed to buy time for her aunt to free herself and help her. Or maybe do it herself.

“Not yet.” The giant was suddenly between her and her frozen aunt, blocking her way. Bewildered, she hadn’t the time to defend from the kick to her gut, forcing bile and blood to spill. “Raise your head and prepare.”

Princess Cadance looked just as the giant swung his sword again, knocking the spear from her hand. Raising his hand, he swung down, cutting Cadance from her right shoulder to her the left side of her hip.

“Grey Sword!” Fire surrounded the blade, blazing from the three horn mouth to the tip as he swung again.

Summoning her spear quickly back into her hands, she barely blocked the next attack from the giant, losing her balance in the process. The pale giant winded his arm and thrusted his sword straight for Cadances’ heart.

“Cadance!”

<=====Unknown Location=====>

A humanoid figure loomed over the scene before them as they sat in the middle of a grey empty room. Despite their eyes being closed, they could fully see the events through a pool on the ground. Their pale complexion did not change. Fixing their white scarf, they openly thought out loud to themselves.

[HMM. SORA AND OMNIMON SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THOSE THREE ON THEIR OWN. NOW I JUST NEED TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT PRINCESS LUNA. ASSISTANT.] Snapping their fingers, a new being was summoned into the room.

The summoned being was in the appearance of a young teenager that was shorter than the pale one, but not by much. She wore a yellow gown with a purple vest over it and cream colored pants that went down to just above her knees. A white ruff worn around her neck and a golden crown with red jewels sat upon her head of short blue hair. Green eyeliner graced her eyelids. A gold necklace with a magenta jewel was also worn around her neck. Despite her human appearance, her arms and legs were more like a dinosaurs. She even had a tail to boot. Held in her right clawed hand was a golden staff with a white and grey egg shaped top, covered in purple and pink speckles.

“That’s Sorceress! Sor-cer-ess! GasterFrisk!” The Sorceress yelled.

Her temper didn’t bother the infused being none as they simply smiled at her. Sorceress in return scowled and walked over to the figures’ side, observing the pool before them. She analyzed at each being in the pool, taking in both who they fought and how they were fighting each other.

“I must say, Omnimon is very aggressive towards Princess Cadance isn’t he?” She pondered as it was weird to her. Omnimon wasn’t the sort of being to be so brutal and aggressive in such a way. She always saw him as more chivalrous like a knight. Despite him being in the form of an actual royal knight from the digital world.

[HE HAS EVERY REASON TO BE. MANY RESETS AGO, IT WAS HE WHO KILLED THE RETURNING LATE KING SOMBRA. THE PRINCE AND PRINCESS WERE UNFORTUNATE TO NOT ARRIVE ON TIME AS THE CITIZENS WANTED OMNIMON TO BE THEIR NEW KING. THEY COULD FEEL THE COURAGE, FRIENDSHIP, AND HOPE RADIATING OFF OF HIM. WHEN CELESTIA FOUND OUT ABOUT HIM, SHE WANTED OMNIMON TO STAND DOWN FROM HIS POSITION SO HER NIECE CAN TAKE THE THRONE. THUS SHE ASKED HER SISTER TO DISRUPT HIS SLEEP SCHEDULE.] GasterFrisk explained.

“But he doesn’t need to sleep, except to regain energy. Did she finally realize it, or was she too stupid to notice?” Sorceress placed a claw on her hip whilst tilting her head.

[NOT UNTIL HE TOLD HER AFTER SHE PROCLAIMED CADANCE AND SHINING ARMOR TO TAKE CARE OF THE EMPIRE WHILE HE RESTED. WITH ALL HER OTHER PLANS NOT WORKING TO REMOVE HIM, SHE DESPERATELY RESORTED TO HAVING THE ELEMENTS BE USED ON HIM.]

The Sorceress placed her claw on her chin. She was currently thinking of the different possible effects the Elements of Harmony may have had on him. When she remembered that Omnimons’ right arm represents friendship, she questioned. “Did it work?”

GasterFrisk smiled. [NOPE. HE ABSORBED THE RAINBOW WITH HIS RIGHT ARM SINCE IT REPRESENTS FRIENDSHIP, WHICH IS WHAT THE ELEMENTS ARE EMPOWERED BY. HE THEN GRABBED DISCORD, FIRING HIS CANNON AT POINT BLANK, KILLING HIM INSTANTLY, THEN ABSORBED HIS DATAFIED MAGICAL REMAINS. THE RESULTING EXPLOSION SPREAD OUT, FLOWING ACROSS THE SKY AROUND THE PLANET, FILLING OTHER CREATURES WITH COURAGE, HOPE, AND FRIENDSHIP.]

There was something she felt wasn’t being told, but like always, all she needed to do was ask the right question. “What happened to cause him to be so aggressive now!? In other words, how, or if, he was evicted from the throne?”

GasterFrisk huffed a laugh. [SHE FINALLY FOUND A WAY BY GETTING HELP FROM OTHER WORLDS, OR IN THIS CASE UNIVERSES. THEY, ALONG WITH PRINCESS CADANCE ATTEMPTED IN SABOTAGING HIS RULE, PUTTING THE LIVES OF INNOCENTS IN DANGER, AND EVEN TRYING TO FORCE HIM INTO UNNECESSARY FIGHTS WITH THEM. ALL SO CADANCE CAN HAVE HER EMPIRE IN THE NORTH, AND PRINCESS CELESTIA CAN HAVE WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY A VASSAL KINGDOM.] Sighing, they remembered all of the events that transpired, and it wasn’t just with Omnimon. [EVERY SINGLE TIME ONE OF US FRAGMENTED ONES COMES AROUND, EITHER THIS UNIVERSE ITSELF FOR SOME REASON OR PRINCESS CELESTIA ALWAYS CONNECTS TO OTHER UNIVERSES.]

“Or other universes somehow connect with OUR universe instead. Those nosy busy bodies. Don’t they have any other lives they can ruin in their own realms!? And to think! Princess Cadance would sabotage her own potential kingdom, just so she can take it for herself! Talk about giving yourself a fixer-upper.” Sorceress expressed her annoyance with huffing aggressively.

GasterFrisk found it cute from the humanoid dinosaur lady to through a tantrum, which to them, made her look like a child pouting. They always found it cute how she found ways to cheer them up. Even if it was unintentionally. Her last question was an unfortunate one to ask.

[WITH THE HELP FROM THE OTHER BEINGS FROM DIFFERENT UNIVERSES, ‘PRINCESS’ CADANCE WAS ABLE TO RESTORE THEIR LIVES AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED. A DEUS EX MACHINA IF YOU WOULD.] They sighed.

“One other question GasterFrisk.” They turned their head towards her. “Why am I in a humanoid form with dinosaur features? I suppose I can word that a bit better, can’t I?’ Clearing her throat, she tried again. “Why is it that while I am in the form of the Sorceress from Spyro: Year of the Dragon and yet, I and some of the other Fragmented One’s are in a mostly human looking form with inhuman type features similar to those ‘monster girls’ that some people gush over? I’m sure some of the other Fragmented Ones are deeply wondering this too, but haven’t openly asked because they don’t know who might know about this. Not that I’m assuming you know, but just in case you do, Could you please tell me to inform the others.”

GasterFrisk pondered how to tell her exactly the reason why. It was simple, and yet, there were also a more complicated answer to it. They thought the simple would suffice and go into the more complicated answer if she asked for more. They had plenty of time to tell her all she wanted to know if everything went as planned in Equestrias’ reality at the moment. The real question is how to word it to her without having to go through every little detail right now. They figured the short version will work for now.

[THAT IS VERY GENEROUS OF YOU, SORCERESS. I’D WAGER YOU’D MAKE A FINE ELEMENT BEARER. BETTER THAN RARITY PERHAPS? AS FOR YOUR QUESTION, THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF ANSWERS TO THAT. I’LL START WITH THE SIMPLER ANSWER. IT’S EASIER TO EXPLAIN IT RIGHT NOW. THE OTHER MORE COMPLICATED ANSWER I CAN EXPLAIN LATER, OR RIGHT NOW IF YOU’D LIKE. IT WILL A LOT OF TIME, AND WE MIGHT NOT HAVE THAT MUCH DEPENDING ON WHAT TRANSPIRES NEXT.]

Sorceress considered her options. While she wanted to know the full story of why she was a ‘Human-Dino’ hybrid, she didn’t want to waste any time with a long and drawn out explanation currently. There is a fight going on and GasterFrisk needed to observe to judge whether or not they needed to intervene yet, or if at all.

“Fine. Tell me the short version.”

[WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF OUR ORIGIN?]

“All of us Fragmented Ones are the shards of a human that originated from a different universe whose soul and consciousness ascended and became an all powerful being, disappeared many resets ago after said soul of the all powerful human shattered into fragments. Each of us take on the forms of different characters from anime’s to cartoons to video games. Why do you ask?” Narrowing an eye, she leaned towards them.

GasterFrisk stood absolutely flabbergasted. While they did know that the Sorceress was knowledgeable, they didn’t realize she knew THAT much about their origin. What puzzled them was how she knew that much when for GasterFrisk themselves, it took many resets to find out the truth to why their past was so fuzzy and seemingly broken.

[HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT ALL THAT?]

“Oh. Crap. Umm.. I made a promise to not reveal the source… and I um… can’t really tell you, because...” Sorceress fidgeted nervously in her spot. Whatever, wherever, or whoever she learned the information from, she promised not to tell. Her constant shaking was evident of just how important said promise was to her.

GasterFrisk held up a hand. [IT’S ALRIGHT. I WON’T FORCE THE INFORMATION OUT OF YOU. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE PROMISE IS IMPORTANT BY HOW YOU’RE SHAKING. YOU DON’T NEED TO WORRY.]

The Sorceress was calmed down by GasterFrisks’ words and smile. She released a breath that she didn’t realize she had been holding. After she recovered from the self-suffocation, she looked back down into the pool. She noticed how both Sora and Omnimon weren’t holding back, forgetting about her previous question in the process.

“Omnimon, I can understand why, but Sora, I don’t get. What’s his reason for such aggressive tactics?” Pointing her staff at the pool, GasterFrisk was nervous she might accidentally blow it up because of the magic that naturally released from it, waving and swaying around the egg at the end of her scepter.

[SORA WAS TREATED LIKE A KID. THE PONIES AND THE BEINGS FROM OTHER UNIVERSES NEVER TOOK HIM SERIOUSLY IN A SIMILAR MANNER TO HOW SPIKE THE DRAGON WAS BEING TREATED. THAT IS, UNTIL HE BECAME CONSIDERED A THREAT. IRONIC, BECAUSE HE DEFEATED ONE OF THE MORE DANGEROUS VILLAINS AND HEROES FROM A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE AND PREVENTED HIMSELF FROM KILLING BOTH OF THEM.]

Sorceress slouched, closing her eyes. “You mean to tell me. He looks like a kid. They treated him like a kid. He proves himself by defeating one of their most dangerous villains and besting one of their most powerful heroes. They see him as a danger instead of a hero.”

GasterFrisk shrugged. [YEAH, PRETTY MUCH.}

Sorceress facepalmed. “Idiots.” She muttered. “Who even was the villain and moronic hero anyways?”

[JOKER AND SUPERMAN FROM THE DC MULTIVERSE. SORAS' KEYBLADE IS A MAGICAL WEAPON, THUS IN A WORLD OF MAGIC, SUPERMAN HAS THE DISADVANTAGE.] Placing a hand to their chin, they began to the ponder the potential of each individual. [THE DIFFERENCE IN FIGHTING STYLE BETWEEN SORA AND SUPERMAN IS ALSO TO CONSIDER. SORA IS AN UNPREDICTABLE POWERHOUSE WITH COMBO POTENTIAL WHILE SUPERMAN IS LIKE A HAMMER. ALL BRUTE FORCE AND NOT MUCH ELSE I’M AFRAID.]

Sorceress’s expression fell. ‘Great, their in one of their analysis moods again. This is what happens to them being half Gaster and half Frisk. Gaster and his intellect. Frisk and their saving nature. I just hope this time doesn’t take too long.

[THOUGH TO BE HONEST, SUPERMAN WAS CAUGHT OFF GUARD WHEN SORA SUMMONED HIS KEYBLADE INFRONT OF HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME, EJECTING THE MAN OF STEEL OUT OF HIS STATION OF AWAKENING WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO DEFEND SORA FROM THE HEARTLESS AFTER CADANCE USED HER HEART MAGIC, WHICH ALLOWED SUPERMAN TO ENTER TO GIVE THE BOY A STRICT TALKING TO. SORA WASN’T GOING TO HAVE IT, SO HE STRUCK HIM DOWN AFTER RELEASING HIS OWN DARKNESS.]

I need to think of something to snap them out of this quick. there’s a fight going on and they can’t afford to be distracted like this.

[NOT THAT IT WAS THE FIRST TIME SORA SUMMONED HIS KEYBLADE. HE ACTUALLY SUMMONED IT WHEN HE…]

“Yes, Yes! The first time he showed his keyblade to the blue hammer boy-scout. Of course the superheroes were the ones to degrade him and try to pressure their stupid no killing beliefs onto him.” She sighed, smiling. ‘Finally! Thought It’d take more than that to snap them out of it.’ Just then, another question entered the forefront of the Sorceress’ mind. “Did either of them have any friends?”

When GasterFrisk didn’t answer for a minute, she looked up at them.

Their face was a sad expression. Head down, and a frown replacing the smile they had moments ago. A tear ran down one side of their face. Even their breathing became less calm, a bit rigid.

“You okay?” Sorceress placed a claw on their shoulder. She was concerned as GasterFrisk was one of their only friends among the Fragmented. It wasn’t like she tried or anything, but, she didn’t want to get too attached as most Fragmented Ones in the past have been killed before in the previous resets/loops. GasterFrisk was one of the only ones that can survive being killed which made them a very long lasting friend.

[I’M FINE, IT’S JUST... OMNIMON.] Taking deep breaths, GasterFrisk calmed themselves. Their somber voice gave Sorceress a bad feeling. [IT’S... JUST.]

Feeling a little more curious, Sorceress patted their back before regretfully asking. “It’s okay. Can you tell me?”

GasterFrisk turned their head towards her. Sorceress knew they were looking right at her, but this time it felt they looking through her. GasterFrisk opened their mouth. The words struck even the Sorceress’ heart strings.

[HE HAD FOUND LOVE ONCE, AND CADANCE KILLED IT.]