• Published 23rd May 2019
  • 5,879 Views, 380 Comments

Reincarnation - Silver Butcher



After meeting the end of his life span, Spike awakens in a new Body, Reincarnated as a Kirin he has one single goal, Figure out how to tell his friends without making them think he/she is crazy

  • ...
20
 380
 5,879

A Sticky Situation

Leaf and Shiver pushed the pickle barrel to the center of the room and popped the lid open.

"Alright," Shiver said as he looked inside the barrel "So now what?"

"First," Leaf lit her horn and took a pickle out of the barrel before walking to the closest window, sliding it open, and tossing the pickle outside. She shut it and walked back to Shiver. "Alright, now that I've done that, we need to go to the sixth floor and swipe as much chalk as we can carry, shove it into the Pickle Barrel, then dump it on the stairs."

Shiver let out a sigh and Leaf looked at him and found him saluting the staircase.

"I remember that one. I was only seven at the time, but I remember it well. Had to call the school day off because it flooded the sixth level due to a drainage problem. The chalk mixed with the pickle juice and became a sticky sludge." Shiver shook his head sadly, and Leaf could tell what was coming before he even said it. "Leaf, I'm sorry but I can't follow you any further down this path. If Sunflower Glaze found out I was involved in this, I'd lose my job." Leaf walked up and offered him her hoof, he shook it and headed down the stairs, "Good luck my friend. I salute you."

Leaf watched him leave and shook her head before making her way down the stairs and looking at the sixth floor. Similar to the kitchen, there was a zone separating the stairway from the rest of the school. The walls of the zone had many doors leading to what Leaf assumed was the different levels of school. Leaf storm looked at the area and saw a couple of young ponies, a few dragons, several griffins, and even a Changeling. Leaf looked around, unsure as to how she was going to bullshit her way inside a school. When one of the many doors opened, and a pony she hadn't seen since her last life came happily bouncing out.

"I have snacks," Pinkie cheered as a handful of staff followed her with a few trays of food "Specially made on the 34th floor!" Leaf couldn't think of how to proceed as she simply sat down and stared at Pinkie bouncing around, her staff passing out the food.

"I'm not nearly ready enough for this," She decided as she began walking back, unable to go through with having to talk to Pinkie like a stranger," Leaf decided to retreat too late as a Pink Blur shot up to her.

"Why hello," Pinkie said as she came to a stop next to her, Pinkie looked her up and down and smiled "Supervision Required?" She asked, Leaf was confused for a moment before realizing she was still wearing the apron Fern had given her. "From the look of it, you must really like pickles! Your apron is covered in pickle juice stains." Pinkie took Leafs hand and shook it. "I'm Pinkie Pie, Element of Harmony and head chef of the 34th floor, I assume you've heard of me?"
"Yeah," Leaf replied, still not mentally prepared for this exchange.

"So, do you have a name?" Pinkie leaned in grinning ear to ear.

"Oh...my name? It's... it's Leaf storm." To which Pinkie let out an exaggerated gasp and grabbed Leaf.

"You're Discord's Assistant!" Leaf was shaken up and down with every word Pinkie spoke. "Twilight told me about you, she's pretty sure you and Discord have met before? Is she right?"

"Something like that... not allowed to say really."

"Ooh, Mysterious," Pinkie put her arm around Leaf and dragged her away from the staircase. "Well Leaf storm, as the Premiere Party Pony, unopposed since my late Husband Cheese Sandwich, I would be remiss- nay! I would be devastated, if I let you go one second longer without a Welcome to Ponyville Party. Have you been told about that? Ponyville is what we call the lower levels."

"Yes, after the original town," Leaf replied.

"Spot on Leafy," Pinkie said as they walked through a door and Leaf realized Pinkie had just taken her inside the school area. "Anyway, I just need a few notes, favorite color, favorite food, any family nearby, pets, friends?"

"I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to be here," Leaf said as she looked at the lockers lining the walls.

"Don't be silly, Discord trusts you, and he's had a solid trust ratio for a long while, few hiccups that nearly destroyed Equestria, but he's been going solid for almost a century," Leaf took a deep breath, trying to keep calm as she gave Pinkie what she wanted.

"Favorite Color is Green, Favorite Food is Gem Candy, I have two brothers who work at Discord's Joke shop you can't miss them their the only Kirins there, I have a pet Chicken, I'd have to say the only friends I've made since I got here have been Mortamire, Shiver, and Flurry heart,"

"Oh someone's been busy," Pinkie smiled "So tell me, am I the first Element of Harmony you've got to meet?"
"I saw Rainbow Dash in the park upon arrival, and I met with Fluttershy at Discords house,"
"I'm third?" Pinkie asked "Man I've really let myself go. How long have you been here?"
"I think today is the third day," Leaf said.

"Three days?" Pinkie demanded, "Oh that's just unacceptable, That's it!" Pinkie stopped in her tracks. "It's time. The old me wouldn't have let a pony go an hour without a proper welcome, and it took me three days to get to you! Nope! it's gonna happen!" Pinkie turned on the spot and left Leaf standing in the hallway "Cancel all of my everything, it's officially time!" Leaf watched as Pinkie marched away angrily declaring it was "Officially time!" and then looked to her left. A Supply Closet was begging her to walk in and swipe as much chalk as she could carry.

"Thanks, Pinkie," Leaf smiled as she opened the door and, after a quick search, took a Cardboard box full of smaller boxes that had Chalk in them," Leaf searched a bit and upon finding a sharpie wrote the word Trash on the box just to be safe before looking around and heading back the way she had come. She found Pinkie making a big ruckus as the ponies she had come in with were trying to calm her down from her declarations that it was officially time.

Leaf made her way to the stairs and then up, breathing a sigh of relief as she walked up to the 7th floor. After making sure it was still empty Leaf opened the box and began taking individual boxes of chalk and dumping them into the pickle barrel, It took her almost 5 minutes before she kicked the box and put the lid back on the Barrel. Leaf dragged it to the staircase and checked to see if anyone was coming. After seeing no pony around Leaf kicked the Barrel and upon falling over the sticky wet sludge she had made poured down the stairs like a waterfall, leaving a thin sticky membrane behind it as it flowed down the stairs.

"Wait just one second," Leaf realized as she looked at the staircase "How the actual hell do I leave?" Leaf looked around, deciding that going up wouldn't help and realizing she had just trapped herself when she remembered how she had first arrived. She ran to the lift and looked for a way to activate it, after a moment she found the button with a card slot next to it and pressed it to no avail, desperate to escape Leaf checked the Apron Fern had given her and found a small pocket in the middle, putting her hoof inside she pulled out a small card and read it.

"Temporary Lift access, do not use without supervision," Leaf ignored the warning and put the card in the slot before pressing the button, there was a ding and Leaf retrieved her card before getting into the lift, just as angry voices could be heard making their way up the stairs. Leaf went down on the lift and arrived back in dry storage, Leaf made her way out of the lift and, not wanting to look too suspicious, grabbed a second barrel of Pickles. She backed out of the room and began slowly moving the barrel when Fern noticed her.

"Oh, there you are," He said with a chuckle "you sure took a while with those pickles, let me guess you went to the wrong storeroom,"

"Something like that," Leaf replied as she made her way towards the entrance. She backed out into the entranceway and quickly found that her prank had already made it to the lower levels as the entire Kitchen entryway was covered in sticky residue smelling of pickles. Feeling somewhat bad for Fern she held the Barrel up and stepped in it.

"Dammit," She said in exaggerated anger, getting Fern and some of the other cooking staff's attention.

"What in the name of Tartarus?!" Fern demanded when he saw the mess, then jumped back as it began leaking out, Leaf took the loss and move further into it so they could shut the door. "Sunstone! Get me every sponge we have, several soap bottles, and a hose." Leaf continued wading through the sticky residue but upon stepping on the stairs, slipped and ended up pouring the pickle barrel onto herself. Leaf slid down the steps and made her way to the second floor, shaking the pickle juice from her eyes as she attempted to make her way home, only for something to grab her by the middle and pull her free.

"I got you Leaf. " Mortamire said as he pulled her free. "What happened to you?" He added as he shook pickle juice from his hands.

"I wanted a barrel, so I broke into the kitchen, got caught, proved I had what it took to be there, and then got a barrel of pickles, then walked out into this mess." Leaf said simply, lighting her hooves on fire. The heat caused the pickle and chalk to harden and resulted in her hooves crusting over, making them no longer sticky but making them rather clunky to walk with. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a seven-hour bubble bath,"

"Have fun with that," Mortamire said with a wave. "I've got more prank victims to rescue," Leaf trudged her way home, and put the barrel and its lid next to the door.

"Angel, you better not have eaten all my donuts," Leaf called out, there was a clucking sound from her office and she nodded. "Alright good," Leaf lit her horn and three donuts flew out of the office, and to her, she began eating them out of the air as she made her way to her bathroom and turned the water onto the hottest temperature she could make it before getting in and groaning as she lit her legs on fire and made the water boil. Once she had boiled all of the juice and chalk off she drained the tub, dumped an entire bottle of Bubble bath into it, and then refilled it before getting in and sighing.

"Angel! I'm not leaving this tub for another seven hours! If Discord calls, tell him he can come to me." Leaf leaned back and just let the water flow over her and wash the stress of the day away as she continued eating her donuts.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Courage Fire for Editing this chapter for me