• Published 21st May 2019
  • 19,299 Views, 2,035 Comments

The Unique Properties of Dark Magic - Shadestyle



Stranded in Equestria's far past in the body of a unicorn without any magical knowledge, the self proclaimed "Weiss Noir" fights for survival in the Frozen North by indulging in sorcery most foul.

  • ...
59
 2,035
 19,299

PreviousChapters Next
(Our Plan)

Are you sure we should just write this down? Would it not be more prudent to simply find a private place, where we can discuss our thoughts aloud?

Absolutely not, you should be genre-savvy enough to know that talking to yourself in the privacy of your own home is a surefire way to get caught by someone willing to blab about it. A diary is a diary, and we can always burn this book if we absolutely have to.

I suppose you're right. I apologize for my presumptuousness. Our work together should be one of mutual agreement, yes?

Absolutely. You might have screwed up with ruling the Shadow Realm, but now you've got me. I promise, you won't have to go through that again. The Nightmares are desperate, so desperate. Your rules, your decrees, our kind would tolerate all but the most inane demands with jubilation, if you can simply give us the kingdom we crave.

It will be difficult, defeating your sister. I can't believe I'm saying this, and, I hope you don't take offense, but we might fail. I've been considering, though. What if, as a backup plan, we simply occupied the husk of the Shadow Realm? It woul No. We will not do that. Even the thought of it disgusts me. Weiss was my friend, if he knew I had not only failed to maintain his Realm in his absence, but had simply repopulated it for my own profit, he would be devastated. It would be a betrayal of the highest order.

I won't do it. Not for anything you can offer me..

Fine, alright, we'll shelve that thought for now. But we should still be careful. Even with your status as an Element Bearer preventing her from bringing them to bear against us, Celestia is a devastating foe to fight.

We'll have to be clever.


I've thought about it, and I believe something still burdens your heart.

What do you mean?

I mean what I mean, Luna. You've got a number of relics that had been confiscated or retrieved from the Shadow Realm. I believe we should return them whence they came. Perhaps returning some of what you have taken will lighten your spirit?

I

Yes?

I think that is a good idea. I never should have taken those crystals. Every time I see the components of the Arcana Nox, I am simply reminded of my failures. Maybe you're right. If I at least return them, then at least they would be out of my sight.

I'll do it. I'll return the relics of the Shadow Realm to their home.

Good. I understand your pain. We are in many ways one, after all. It is my hope that with a lighter heart, you and I can work together.

Now, how will we sneak them by your sister?

It will be easy. We'll tell her the truth.

No! She'll be suspicious, you don't need to lie to her, you just need to not let her know. Here's what we should do, simply use your Royal Keystone Spell, alongside shadowseep, and you'll be able to just sneak in and out, without a single pony being the wiser. No suspicion, no need to come up with excuses, no problems.

I don't know. That seems wrong. Shouldn't Celestia at least respect my own need to pay respects to an old friend?

She hasn't respected any of your needs so far. She won't respect this one either.

You We're right.


We should take care that no ordinary thieves rob the Shadow Realm for the relics we had only just now returned to them.

One idea might be to reactivate the defenses. They may decay in time, but by the time they have rotted away, so too will the treasures that would attract those with evil hearts, and evil intentions.

Couldn't we make defenses of our own? Leave the old guardians of the Shadow Realm alone, leave them to their eternal rest.

They're just golems. They may burn with magic, but it's merely an image. Golems do not have true souls. It would be a worse crime for them to remain unused. There is no greater disrespect to a tool than for it to not be used.

Then it's settled. We'll make a trip to the Shadow Realm. Reactivate some of it's systems, just enough to keep the defenses active, to stave off any bandits that may attempt to violate it. Those who still know the old ways of the Shadow Realm's mechanisms are likely to be among those who still respect it enough to stay away from it's ruins.

Please, let's not call them ruins. They don't deserve a name like that.

Let's just call it what it is. The Shadow Realm. We don't append the word "corpse" to our loved ones long gone.

Alright. We won't call it that.


What would Weiss think?

He would be disgusted. We failed his one desperate request of us.

He would be proud, we've become a creature that taps Dark Magic in a way never before seen.

If he saw us now, he'd either laugh or he would attack. I'm almost certain.

Maybe. But he's not here. It's just us now, Nightmare Moon.

What a ridiculous name. We can't come up with anything better than that?

Well, what would we call ourselves? Nightmare Luna doesn't have the same ring to it, and the other options weren't very appealing. I mean, Dark Luna? Nega-Luna?

Perfectly servicable Goona?

I see your point. Nightmare Moon it is.


It's nearing time for us to destroy this book. Soon, we'll have to make our attack.

Remember the plan. Defeat Celestia, imprison her, and then drag the moon down close enough for the Nightmares to escape it. They'll take host in the Equestrians, establishing existences like our own.

We'll do it right this time. This might be our last chance to obtain the love that we've wanted for so long.

We'll finally have a kingdom that loves us, and a night that will last eternal.

PreviousChapters Next