• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 4,096 Views, 123 Comments

Slendermane - Darkswirl



Mane 6 get taken by Slendermane, but Pinkie Pie gets them back in a plot twist.

  • ...
11
 123
 4,096

The Chase

"A hop, a skip and a jump!" Pinkie Pie sang to herself as she raced along the forest floor after Slendermane, leaping over roots and dodging under branches.

She felt so alive, so wild, so free! Just like back when...

No, she couldn't think about that now.

He would never be the same if Pinkie got distracted and let him get away.

"Slendy, wait up!" she called.

A piece of paper smacked her in the face, but she just shook her head clear of the paper and kept going.

"Ain't now how, ain't no way!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

---
---
---

Pinkie Pie.

His first friend.

His first true friend.

The little filly he had met all those years ago who brightened up his day with each visit and made him smile on the inside while he could not on the outside.

He remembered fondly of the time when Pinkie drew a face on his blank head before he threw the memory out of his head.

She had made him her world.

And he had made her his.

But she would just leave like the rest; laugh in his face when he showed up to 'hang out'.

It was after many of those times that he snapped.

It was then that he tapped into his power and made those ponies fear him rather than laugh at him.

But that was many years ago; a long time since before the rest of her group had even been born.

Perhaps he'd tell them all her secret while they were trapped in his head?

That would be sure to splinter their friendship and get her to leave him alone.

And yet, part of him couldn't bring himself to even think further on that.

Pinkie Pie had come back, after all those years of her being gone.

She had come back and did not laugh at him, did not taunt or tease him.

And then the darkness washed over him again.

The doubts and lies that he'd been feeding himself to justify his actions had grown strong over the years since her disappearance, and he had happily leapt into the pool of despair that he had drawn himself.

Snapping himself out of his thoughts and focusing on a way to throw the mare off of his tail, Slendermane had only a moment to notice that the pink mare was sitting happily a few feet in front of him before he tripped over his own hooves and slid to a halt just before her.

Happy eyes met a cold, blank face as the two stared at each other for a long while.

Neither of them blinked; or rather, Pinkie didn't blink as Slendermane could not.

Slendermane was the first to move, rising to his hooves and towering menacingly over the pink mare.

Listen to me, and listen to me good: Slendermane whispered into Pinkie Pie's mind. I will never be your friend again. I will never sit in the shade while the day bakes the grass with you again. I will never eat another one of your disgusting 'cupcakes' ever again. I WILL NOT RELEASE YOUR FRIENDS, AND I WILL MOST CERTAINLY NOT LET YOU LEAVE HERE!

At the mention of her cupcakes, Pinkie Pie's eyes widen and her hair shook, as if unsure whether to stay poofy or deflate.

In a short time, it decided on the latter and hung limply at the side of Pinkie's head as her eyes started to water.

Slendermane felt the barrier between he and her break down as she submitted herself to the despair and darkness that he had to offer her; the barrier that she had struggled so hard to maintain so that she could try and become his friend again.

As Slendermane started to absorb Pinkie Pie into his conscious, her memories flooded into him.

No, no, NO!