• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 4,098 Views, 123 Comments

Slendermane - Darkswirl



Mane 6 get taken by Slendermane, but Pinkie Pie gets them back in a plot twist.

  • ...
11
 123
 4,098

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

"Ugh...Wh...Where...Where I am?" Twilight Sparkle asked herself aloud as she opened her eyes.

The last thing she remembered was being inside Zecora's hut...And then, a knock at the door...Then nothing. She couldn't remember anything past that.

But here she was, propped up against a tree without any of her friends in sight and the moon high in the sky.

As she rolled over onto her hooves and stood up, her horn caught something leafy, pulling it from the tree and sending it floating face down in front of her.

Twilight raised a hoof defensively and looked around before flipping the piece of paper over.

What in the name of Celestia is going on here?

"Okay, ha ha! Very funny, Zecora." Twilight said with an awkward laugh, hoping that Zecora or one of her friends would come out and they would all have a good laugh before going off in search of the missing ponies.

But nothing moved, and Twilight simply stood there for a while.

---
---
---

As she trotted along the cluttered forest floor, the light from her horn began to dim from tiredness.

"No..." she mumbled, half awake. "Gotta keep going...Gotta find the others..."

A twig snapped behind Twilight and she let out a shriek, slamming into the side of a tree as she spun around.

Just trees.

Nothing but trees and leaves and rocks and twigs. Twilight thought to herself as she scanned the area behind her.

Content with not seeing anything out of place, she resumed her original direction and fed more energy into her orb of light.

---
---
---

"H-Hello?" Twilight called out. "Is anypony there?"

She didn't really expect an answer, but even the growl of a predator would have comforted her at least a little; anything to prove that she wasn't entirely alone in this forest.

Giving a sigh of loneliness and fear as she collapsed to the ground from exhaustion, her magic gave out and she was bathed in darkness.

She managed to carefully feel her way over to a tree and huddled into a ball to escape the cold.

The temperature wasn't low enough to kill a pony, even after a long period of time, but it was still uncomfortable nonetheless.

Her head shifted as she tried to get comfortable and, with a start, she realized in horror that she wasn't wearing her tiara!

Her strength suddenly returning to her, she leapt to her hooves and dashed off back into the forest; hoping to recover her precious weapon.

She didn't even notice that among the trees stood a creature as tall as Celestia with five, vine-like tentacles waving softly towards her...

---
---
---

Impossible. Twilight thought. Improbable. Completely a coincidence.

There is no way in Equestria.

Before the sitting unicorn stood the ruins of a large castle; one that Twilight remembered fondly.

It was the same castle that she and the other Elements had battled, and beaten, Nightmare Moon all those years ago.

But something was off.

Twilight could remember every little detail about their trip to and from the castle, but none of the landmarks in her mind were the same.

The hanging bridge was gone, and not even the canyon it had crossed was anywhere near the castle; but Twilight was absolutely positive that this was the same castle.

"Show yourself!" Twilight suddenly screamed, calling out to whatever Zecora had warned them all about.

She wasn't even sure what she would do if the being did actually present itself, but she just needed to be sure.

She needed to be sure that she was right about something; that this wasn't all a game, and most importantly...

She needed to be sure she wasn't going insane.

When no answer from anything came, Twilight let out a scream of frustration before slamming her hooves against the ground.

Now, Twilight wasn't one to even be considered as a violent pony, but when the fear of being alone tugged at her heart well...Let's just say its better to not have it so.

After Twilight had expelled all her pent up rage on the ground beneath her and the trees around her, a single tree stood standing in the distance.

Only it wasn't a tree.

After squinting her eyes and taking a few steps forward, Twilight noticed something peculiar about the..."Tree".

The first being that it was slowly moving; towards her.

The second being that it had five leafless "branches" on it, two on either side and one that looked like rested on its back.

The third thing, however, was the fact that it was not a tree.

It was a pony.

Instead of rushing towards the tall, eerie pony Twilight stood her ground, frozen by something.

It's not a pony. It's something else.

Gotta get out of here.

Gotta move.

GO! her brain shouted, kicking her hooves into overdrive and sending her galloping into the ruins of the castle where she thought she'd surely be safe.

If only the young weren't so naive.
---
---
---

What was that thing? Why was I so afraid of it? Twilight Sparkle took a moment to think back on what had just happened. Okay, so it was creepy, but so what? Zecora was creepy when we all first met her, but she's not a bad pony. Still...Something about that thing...

Twilight wiped a tear from her eye before it could go any further down her face.

She was cold, alone, and scared of that thing, whatever it was.

Surely it was either waiting patiently outside for her or already searching the castle carefully.

Eventually, Twilight knew, the thing would find her.

And it would be the end.

---
---
---

Twilight Sparkle! Celestia's stern voice broke into Twilight's head.

Princess Celestia!

Twilight Sparkle, for your crimes against the crown I hereby sentence you to death!

W-What?! No, it wasn't me! It wasn't my fault, I swear I didn't do anything! Princess, you have to believe me!

I will hear no more from your traitorous mouth! Guards, take her away!

"NO!" Twilight shouted in horror as she sat up, waking from her dream and sweating.

It was all just a dream; a terrible, horrible dream.

Rubbing the blurriness from her eyes, Twilight also shook her head clear of the nightmare before getting to her hooves.

"...Wha...?" she said, confusedly as she still saw blurriness in her peripheral vision.

Rubbing a hoof against her eyes did nothing but make the blur spread, the colors blending into nothingness as the area of her clear sight slowly grew smaller and smaller.

That is, until a skinny, black tentacle placed itself on Twilight's shoulder, and her body froze in terror.