• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 1,088 Views, 11 Comments

When Seniors Attack - Dante24



Granny Smith and a bunch of senior citizens plan an escape from a retirement home.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,088

Chapter 1

In Pokey Oaks Retirement Home located within the city of Maretreal, Granny Smith sat in her nice size room playing the blues on her harmonica; as if she was in some kind of prison. Soon there was a knock at her door, and a middle aged dark blue stallion with a grey mane and tail wearing a doctor's uniform walked in. "So, how are we doing, Granny?" he asked.

"How do y'all think, warden?" she asked.

"For the last time, Granny, this isn't a prison." he said. "Come. Let's go to the activity center. I'm sure your new friends will be delighted to see you." Reluctantly, Granny rose from her seat and followed the stallion. She was brought to a large building where all all the other elderly ponies were gathered. They were either playing, bingo, chess, cards, reading, or watching tv. There was also a small stage where a small group of them formed a band and were performing for the masses. Granny Smith growled as she headed over to the tv area. There she saw three elderly ponies all fast asleep in their chairs. With a heavy sigh, she took a seat at one of the empty chairs and grabbed the remote that was laying on the small coffee table to her right. Granny flipped through channels until she came to a breaking news article.

"We interrupt this program to bring you a special report." said the reporter. "A massive explosion yesterday in Fillydelphia has taken the lives of three royal Canterlot guards!" Granny's attention was instantly grabbed as he continued. "Witnesses say that Prince Blueblood, Prince Shining Armor, three Canterlot guards, and two other stallion approached the house looking for an escapee from Sky Island before it suddenly exploded. The escapee is said to be a unicorn stallion who may not only be responsible for the explosion, but who used to have close ties with Princess Twilight Sparkle before being sent to prison."

"WHAT?!" Granny screamed as she shot up from her seat. A unicorn stallion who's escaped from Sky Island Prison, and used to have ties with Twilight? Granny knew exactly who that was. It was Stargazer. The bastard was free. Her mind instantly went to Spike and how after word got out that Stargazer was who orchestrated the attack on him, he was was sent away. What if he's on his way to Ponyville right now to finish the job? No, that can't happen, she won't let that happen. "Ah need ta git outta here!" she said.

"Heh, good luck with that." came an elderly voice. Granny turned to her left and saw a peach earth pony mare. "Most of us have been trying to escape from this place for years now."

"She's right." came a male elderly voice. Granny turned her right and saw a dark blue stallion wearing a pair of glasses. "We've gone so far as to send letters to our families to take us out of here, but I believe the ponies running this place are intercepting them."

"So tell us, what you in for?" asked the mare.

"Ah gathered a group of ponies and led an assault against the Dragon Kingdom." Granny explained.

"That was you?!" the male pony said surprised. "Sweet Celestia, what caused you to attack another country?"

"Mah grandson was attack by those dragons." she explained with venom. "And the bitch who was the main cause of it went home without any punishment whatsoever."

"So you were sent here for defending your grandson?" asked the mare. "Disgraceful."

"Ah'll be outta here soon enough." Granny declared. "The mastermind behind mah grandson's attack broke free from Sky Island Prison." Granny clenched her fist. "Every second ah'm here is a second he's gettin' closer ta Spike."

There was a audible gasp from not only the two ponies next to her, but many others who were nearby. "Spike, the dragon who saved the Crystal Empire, is your grandson?!" asked a nearby mare. "The same dragon who was raised by Celestia?!"

"Yep, that's the one." Granny said before she stood up. "Now, if y'all well excuse me, things are about ta escalate real quick up in here." Granny began to make her way out of the area when two male staff workers stood in her path.

"Is something wrong, Granny?" one of them asked.

"Yeah, y'all are in mah way." she answered as she stuck her hand out. "If y'all know what's good fer ya, then move. Mah grandson needs me." Both stallions chuckled before one of the stepped forward.

"Come on, Granny, you know we can't just let you walk out of here." he said. "Besides, i'm sure your grandson is fine." At this point, many of the other seniors in the area stopped what they were doing and turned their attention towards Granny. Was she really about to make an attempt to escape this place.......and why was her arm stretched out like that? Seeing this was causing a scene, the stallion decided he had to end this. "Okay, Granny, let's just calm down." he suggested. "You're scaring the other guests here."

"These ponies don't want to be here either!" she yelled. "They told me y'all been keepin' them from contacting their families." The stallion glanced over to his partner who reached into his pocket for something; possibly to call for backup.

"We do no such thing here." he said with a nervous chuckle. "They can contact their families at anytime."

"LIAR!" yelled a elderly mare. "I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT YOU'VE BLOCKED ALL MY LETTERS TO MY FAMILIES!"

"MINE TOO!" yelled an elderly stallion. The place was soon filled with angry seniors all expressing their anger for not being able to speak to their families; most of them were getting out of their seats as their anger grew. It was then, a group of stallions entered the building and saw the seniors getting angry.

"Okay, okay, let's all just calm down for a moment." said the stallion. "I'm sure we can.........."

*CRASH*

Breaking through the wall, was Granny's trusted shotgun; flying into her hand where she took aim at the stallion. "Time fer talk is over." she said before opening fire. The staff members all ran for cover as Granny fired; all the other seniors cheering her on. Standing up on a chair, she turned to face the other seniors. "I don't know 'bout y'all, but mah grandson need me!" she announced. "Ah'm breakin' outta here! If y'all wanna contact y'all families again, then follow me!" With a loud battle cry, the seniors all followed Granny towards the exit of the activity building. One of the staffers, ran over to a desk and hit a hidden red button that caused an alarm to go off. Once outside of the building, a few more staff members came running towards them. Granny was about to fire upon them, but two elderly unicorn stallion got in front of her and charged up their horns. They fired at the staff members; blowing them up and sending them far away.

"Nice shot." Granny complimented.

"We used to be in the royal army." one of them said. "Handling scraps like these is nothing. So what's the plan?"

"First, we find a way ta git in contact with y'all families, then we burn this place ta the ground so ah can git ta mah grandson." Granny explained.

"Sounds like a plan!" he yelled as he fired another blast of magic.

****************************

The middle aged dark blue stallion from earlier came running out of his office after feeling what sounded like an earthquake. "What the Tartarus is going on?!" he yelled.

"Sir, y-you're not gonna believe this, but our guests are making an escape attempt." answered his secretary.

"THEY'RE WHAT?!" he yelled before grabbing a walkie. "Jiren, come in Jiren, what the tartarus is happening out there?!"

"Boss, it's complete chaos out here!" he answered. "Request immediate assistance, repeat immediAAAAHHHH!"

"Jiren? JIREN!" he yelled, but only received static, that is until, a certain pony answered.

"Hello there, Warden." came Granny's voice. "Listen up. Mah grandson's life is in danger and ah don't plan on stayin' here another second. Ah'm leavin' this place ASAP, and so's everypony else!"

*BOOOOOM*

There was an explosion of some kind that shook the entire building. The stallion ran over to the window just in time to see the activity center falling to the ground and all the seniors making their way towards the main building. "Send everypony we've got to the entrance, STOP THEM FROM ADVANCING!" he ordered.

"Yes, sir!" said his secretary.

***************************

The seniors were just about to make their way into the main building when rows and rows of stallion and mare staff members came running out and formed a line to stop them from advancing further. There was now a stand off between the two factions; the seniors armed with magic and anything they could use as weapons, and the staff members, armed with nothing but their bare hands. Granny Smith stepped forward and aimed her trusty shotgun at them. "Move." she demanded. They did just that, but not in the way she wanted. The staffers proceeded to move forward; believing that they can over power a bunch of elderly ponies with their strength. Granny Smith didn't hesitate and fired a shot; hitting one of them in the head. This stopped the others in their tracks as they didn't believe that she would actually shoot at them.

"DROP YOUR WEAPONS!" yelled a staff member.

"COME AND GIT'EM!" Granny yelled back.

It was hard to explain, but somehow, Granny Smith's determination to get to Spike had rubbed off on them and gave them the strength to want to get back to their families. Each senior felt like their younger selves as they charged at the staff members. An all out brawl soon took place with the seniors overpowering the staff members; bodies were flying through the air due to the magic from the unicorns while others were being pummeled into the ground. Granny wasted no time in using the back end of her shotgun and hitting one of the staff members in the face with it, before grabbing him by the arm and flipping him over his shoulder. A another staffer came up from behind and grabbed her, but Granny managed to break free from the hold, lift the staffer in the air, and slammed his back into her knee; breaking it. Three elderly unicorn mares powered up their horns and fired multiple blasts of magic toward a group of staffers while at the same time, two earth pony stallion, wielding metal canes, attacked as many staffers they could. As the fight continued, Granny Smith took this time to take a small group with her inside the building. They ran through the hallway taking out anypony that got in their way as they headed towards their destination.

"Where do they keep'em?" Granny asked.

"They're probably in his office." answered an elderly unicorn mare.

"Then that's where we're goin'." she stated as she fired another shot at oncoming enemies. The group continued to fight their way towards the main office only to discover that it was barricaded shut. Granny told everypony to stand back while she took aim and fired at the door; blasting it wide open. They entered the room and saw that it was completely abandoned; or so they thought. Granny walked passed the secretary desk and towards a door that had the manager's name on it. With a swift kick, the door was broken down and there was the manager; standing by his desk staring down at them.

"What do you want?!" he asked angrily.

"You know what we want!" answered the unicorn mare. "We want contact with our families again! We know you've been intercepting the letters we've written to them!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." he said.

Granny fired a shot at him; causing him to jump. "Search the place, ah'll hold'em here." Granny held the manager at gunpoint while the other seniors began to trash the place; looking for any signs that he's held their letters to their families.

"Look, you're not gonna find anything." he said. "I've never interfered with you contacting your families. It's possible that they just don't anything to do with you all. Why do you think ponies send their elders to a retirement home in the first place?"

"SHUT IT!" Granny yelled as she cocked the barrel. It wasn't long before one of the seniors pulled back a large painting of the city and found a secret compartment. This caused the manager to sweat as the compartment was opened; revealing tons and tons of letters.

"You sick........" Granny didn't get a chance to finish her sentence as the manager grabbed a book and threw it at her; hoping over his desk and aiming towards the window. "Y'all ain't gittin' away that easy!" she yelled as she launched herself at him. Both ponies crashed through the window and landed into the parking lot. The manager struggled to rise to his feet while Granny had no problem getting to hers.

"Y-You old bitch." he groaned. "D-Do you have any idea what you've done?! Once word gets out, i'll be ruined!"

"Y'all shouldn't have kept everypony from their families." Granny said while cracking her knuckles. "So tell me, how much kickback money y'all git fer everypony in this tartarus-hole?" The manager growled and was about to make a move when the group of seniors dealing with the other staff members came around the building and made their way towards him. Pretty soon he was surrounded by them with no chance of escaping, that is until, a small group of his employees came running to his aid; about 12 of them. "Y'all sure y'all wanna do this?" Granny said taking the lead. The staff members all took a stance; ready to take down the seniors and restore order. "If that's how y'all want it......ATTACK!" On Granny's order, she and the others charged with the staff members charging right back. Both sides clashed with Granny grabbing one of them by the mane and slamming them to the ground. Another one was hit in the stomach with a metal cane before being bashed over the head with it. Three more staff members were levitated into the air and thrown against the building; knocking them out. While that was going on, the group of staffers from the first bout, recovered just enough to travel from around the main building and attacked them from behind; using their strength to grab and hold them. Seeing this, Granny used the back end of her shotgun to knock all of them in the face, before grabbing one of them by the face and slamming them headfirst into the pavement; head stomping them a second later.

"Granny, the manager's getting away!" yelled and elderly stallion.

"Ah'm on it!" she said as she quickly gave chase after him. The manager was already a good distance away and made it to his car. He was about start it up before Granny jumped on the hood. He screamed in fear and stomped on the gas; peeling out of the parking and into oncoming traffic. "PULL OVER!" Granny yelled as she punched through the window. The manager began swerving left and right in an attempt to throw Granny off. Eventually, he lost control and ran straight into a light pole. Granny was tossed off the car; flipping mid air and landing on her feet. She stuck her hand out and called fourth her shotgun; taking aim at the manager as he staggered out his wrecked vehicle. "Where y'all going, Warden?" she asked as she fired a warning shot.

"Y-You're crazy." he said as he fell over. Now he was attempting to crawl away with Granny slowly towering over him. Their little stunt had garnered the attention of the police who quickly pulled up on the two of them.

"T-Thank goodness you're here!" said the manager. "Please, you've got to help me! She's crazy!"

"Ma'am, drop the gun!" ordered the earth pony officer. "Drop the gun now!" Granny simply turned to face them; giving the scariest death glare anypony had ever seen.

"IT'S GRANNY SMITH!" yelled a random officer. All the other officers except one screamed in terror, got in their cars , and drove off in different directions; one of them backed into oncoming traffic where he was hit by a tanker truck causing it to flip over and explode. The one officer who stayed behind couldn't believe that his colleagues would just run off like that. Just who was this mare anyway? The officer turned back towards Granny just in time to see her walking after the manager. He was about to order her to stop when an elderly, navy blue earth pony mare called out to him.

"Brisk!" she called out. Brisk's attention was soon turned towards her; a shocked looked formed on his face as he saw her on the other side of the street. The officer quickly headed over to her; completely forgetting about Granny. "Mother, what are you doing here?" he asked. "I thought you and dad were enjoying your vacation on a resort island."

"Is THAT what they told you?" she asked with a hint of anger.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "We've received numerous letters from the two of you stating as such."

"Son, there's something you need to know." she said.

****************************

The manager had managed to get a few feet away, only to come in contact with three elderly stallions itching for a fight. He was picked up my the mane and brought eye level with them. "Y-You can't do this to me." he said.

"You kept us from out families, constantly told us that they didn't want us anymore." one of them said. "So why shouldn't we?" The manager was thrown to the ground where he came face to face with the barrel of Granny's gun.

"Y'all gots a lot ta answer fer." she said as she stuck the barrel into his mouth. The manager could see his entire life begin to flash before his eyes. He truly believed that he was gonna die right here and now, however, to his luck, a hand was placed on Granny's shoulder and she was pulled away. Turning his head, his eyes gazed upon his savior; the officer from earlier. The manager quickly got to his feet and was about to thank him for saving his life, but stopped when he was met with a death glare. Brisk looked as though he wanted to kill the manager right where he stood by the way he looked at him. "Put your hands behind your back." he growled. "You're under arrest for fraud and ponynapping."

"WHAT?!" the manager yelled in shock. "I'VE DONE NO SUCH THING!"

"So what do you call this?" Brisk asked as he showed him some documents. "You target elderly ponies, get them to believe they're going on some kind of retirement vacation, then stick them your retirement home while taking all of their savings." The manager had nothing to say, instead, he turned around and began running for his life.

"Where do y'all think yer goin'?!" Granny yelled as she took aim.

*BANG*

Granny fired; hitting the stallion in the leg. He fell to the ground screaming in pain as Brisk called for an ambulance on his walkie. As he went to see about the manager, Granny was confronted by the elderly stallions. "It's finally over." one of the said.

"Not yet it's not." she replied.

****************************

As the sun set, the street was filled with fire trucks as multiple firefighters tried their best to put out the massive fire that was Pokey Oaks Retirement. Granny watched in satisfaction as the entire facility burn to the ground while her new friends were being reunited with their families. "So what now, Granny?" asked an elderly unicorn mare.

"Now, ah return ta Ponyville ta protect mah grandson." she answered.

"Let us come with you, Granny." she asked. "If this stallion is as bad as you say, you'll need all the help you cam get."

"Thanks fer the offer, but ah think y'all should stay with y'all families." she said. "After everythin' that's happened, ah think it's fer the best."

"Excuse me. " said Brisk as he walked up her with his parents. "Earlier, my colleagues ran in complete fear just by the sound of your name. I would like to know what it is you did to them to make them so afraid."

Granny chuckled. "Let's just say that mah last visit here was one they won't fergit anytime soon. She and the other two seniors shared a laugh when suddenly there was a loud boom and portal appeared. Coming through was a dark green crystal pony stallion.

"There ya are, Granny, took forever to find ya." he said.

"You." she growled.

"You know him?" asked Brisk.

"The name's Dark Forest." he said. "And Sunburst sent me all the way from the Crystal Empire to get you Granny."

"What fer?" she asked.

"There's a huge battle going on in Ponyville right now." he explained. "Sunburst said that somepony named Stargazer is over there attacking Twilight's Castle!"

"SPIKE!" she yelled as she grabbed her gun. "No time to lose, git me outta here!" With one final wave of goodbye to the seniors, Granny went with Dark Forest through the portal. After doing so, a thought when just entered Brisk's head.

"Hey wait a minute, she just committed arson, THAT'S A FELONY!" he yelled, but it was too late and Granny was already gone.

****************************

The portal opened and Granny found herself in the Crystal Empire surrounded by the same group of Crystal Ponies whom she led into battle during her raid of Dragonia. All the ponies cheered as she and Dark Forest walked towards the main entrance. There, the came across Sunburst who was preparing to launch a spell. "Where's Stargazer?!" Granny yelled.

"He's in Ponyville; along with Sentinel and a bunch of other ponies." he explained.

"Ah don't know who this Sentinel is, but if he's with Stargazer, then he's as good as dead as well." she stated.

"Just give me a couple more seconds and the portals will be ready." he said as he went back to work. One by one, multiple portals began to form and everypony prepared themselves to go through and defend Spike by any means necessary. Granny peeked through one of them and noticed Applejack; down on one knee and panting heavily. It was then, she went over to a random Crystal Pony and grabbed their cell phone right out of their hand. Granny proceeded to dial a number; looking at her granddaughter reaching to answer it.

"Applejack, can't y'all hear me?" she said.

"G-Granny?" she said.

"On yer left." Granny said as all the portals started to open and she and the Crystal Ponies began to make their way through for the biggest battle Equestria has ever seen.

END.

Author's Note:

To Be Continued in Spike's Mates Chapter 12. Nopony has died during the making of this story.

Comments ( 11 )

Granny Smith's going to need the help of the Golden Horseshoe Gals for this.

All we need is the infinity gauntlet and the upcoming battle will be perfect/insane!

OHHHHH GRANNY IS HERE TO KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM BUT SHE IS OUT OF GUM!!!

Nopony has died during the making of this story.

earlier

Granny Smith didn't hesitate and fired a shot; hitting one of them in the head.

I'm going to be up all night wondering how.

All shall tremble before the wrath of GRANNY SMITH!!!!!

No one is dead....but several careers certainly are ^>^;

Okay I'm picturing this in my head I know she can walk by see her in a wheelchair rolling around with a shotgun doing all these crazy tricks think that Wolfenstein game when you're there on a wheelchair mixed with that we're chair battle fight in Scary Movie 2 but put it in an action movie

Granny Smith is best grandma!

"On yer left." Granny said as all the portals started to open and she and the Crystal Ponies began to make their way through for the biggest battle Equestria has ever seen.

AVENGERS…!!

Hope to see the next story come out soon

Login or register to comment