• Published 11th May 2019
  • 881 Views, 12 Comments

Winning Her Heart - AnonyMiss



Rainbow likes Twilight, and plans to confess, but Twilight meets Star Hunter, and things take a turn. Can Rainbow win Twilight over?

  • ...
5
 12
 881

"I'm Star Hunter."

"Maybe...I should apologize?" Rainbow wondered aloud. She was out for a stroll at Canterlot Park, she came to clear her head, and think about things. She didn't care that she was missing school. It's not like she even wanted to face Twilight, anyway. "Not in a sappy way of course. Maybe I..could.....I could get revenge? Like, like a prank or something? Nah, I want her to like me, not hate me."

Rainbow stopped walking as she sat down on a nearby bench. She let the breeze run through her hair. She liked to visit this park often. It was a great place to bike, run, or just walk around. She also liked to ride her skateboard around, too. It was a great place for reading, too. Sometimes, she even fished. She never caught anything, though.

"I'll talk to her, eventually."

Rainbow took out a Daring Do book from her bag. She always carried one, just incase she'd ever get bored. She flipped through the pages, and stopped once she got to the desired page. She spent about a half an hour reading.

Her little reading session was interrupted when she heard a familiar voice approaching. It was him. Oh boy.

"Oh hey, you're...uh...Rainbow Dash! Nice to meet you..again. I'm Star Hunter." He greeted Rainbow.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, nice to meet you, again. I guess." Rainbow Dash said. "So...you like Daring Do?" Star Hunter asked her, when he noticed the title of the book she was reading. "Yeah..I do. You familiar with the series?" Rainbow was curious.

"Who doesn't? I have the whole collection. All signed by A.K. Yearling herself!" Star Hunter looked proud.

"Heh, I do too. Well....except for the latest one. That one's a special edition, it's hard to get. I'm trying to talk Twilight into letting me loan that one."

Maybe he isn't so bad. Rainbow thought. She was soon to regret her thoughts, and the fact that she brought up Twilight.

"So, um..tell me more about your friend Twilight. She was...really, really pretty." Star Hunter's face started to heat up.

I spoke to soon.

"Pfft, I wouldn't get your hopes up If I were you, you know." Rainbow said, trying to get him to stop thinking about Twilight. "She's really not worth it, she can be...a jerk.. sometimes. Besides, I don't think you're her type. She's not into..people like you..."

"Oh...um..okay.." Star Hunter looked really disappointed and hurt. Rainbow almost felt bad for him. She decided to just leave.

"Anyway, gotta dash! Heh, dash. Anyways, see ya... um...Star Hunter." Rainbow left hurting Star Hunter all alone on the bench.

Ugh, this is bad. So they both fancy each other? I mean, come on! They just met, like what, yesterday? That's like...WAY to fast, even for me. I mean, I've known Twilight for YEARS and she still hasn't noticed me in a romantic way. There's no such thing as love at first sight, that's just crazy. Rainbow stopped. She scratched her head, and thought for a moment.

Is there?


Twilight was in her house, dusting the dusty bookshelves. She couldn't help but think of the handsome stranger she met the other day.

I wish I at least I knew his name. She thought. Then I could move forward from there. Oh! I should've gotten his contact information.

A few dust particles landed on Twilight's nose, and she sneezed, but she continued dusting the shelves, she couldn't stand an untidy place. Or anything untidy, really.

Then, her mind filled up with images of her close friend, Rainbow Dash. She felt a tingling feeling growing in her chest. I should talk to her, at least. I hate fighting with her, she's my best friend.

As she was just about to finish up dusting, she heard a knock on the door. She went to go open it, hoping it was the handsome stranger. To her surprise, it was Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Twilight....look, I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to-" Rainbow started, but was taken aback when Twilight leaped and hugged her. "I'm sorry." She said.

The two broke from the hug and stood in comfortable silence for awhile. Rainbow looked around. She decided to break the silence. "Were you dusting? I can help if you want." She offered. "No thanks, I wouldn't want to make my guest work for me. Besides, I was just about to finish." Twilight politely declined, and continued dusting.

"Oh okay.." Rainbow took a seat on Twilight's couch. "Do you want anything to drink? I could make some lemonade." Twilight offered.

"That'd be nice, thanks." Rainbow accepted the offer. Twilight headed to the kitchen and came back a moment later with two glasses full of lemonade. She handed one to Rainbow.

"Mmm! This is great. I didn't know you could make lemonade this good." Rainbow licked her lips. "Glad you like it!" Twilight giggled. "My mom taught me how, she learned it from her mom, who learned it from her mom, who learned it- oh you get it! My point is, it's been in the family." Twilight said. Rainbow nodded.

"I kinda have something I want to talk about, Twi." Rainbow avoided Twilight's gaze.

"Oh? What is it?"

" Well, I..kinda...sorta...maybe..." Rainbow tried to tell her everything, but for some reason she couldn't get the words out of her mouth.

"Spill it, Rainbow. Something's on your mind. I'm here, I'll understand."

I have a crush on you Twi, I always have. Well, it wasn't so serious back when I barely knew you, but now, your all I think about. I'm just afraid it'll ruin our friendship, I mean, you seem to have taken interest in Star Hunter, so I don't think I even have a chance. Is what Rainbow wanted to say, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"It's nothing, really." Rainbow said instead. Maybe I'll tell you one day.. She sighed.

"You sure?" Twi asked.

Rainbow nodded. "Yup! I'm sure, I'm very sure. I'm so sure I'm....sure as a....whatever is really sure about something. Rainbow said nervously. "Now, could I get more of that lemonade?"

Author's Note:

This is kinda all over the place but....eh...yeah.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think! I won't feel offended by any negative feedback, I use it to improve.

Other than that, enjoy!