• Published 11th May 2019
  • 2,531 Views, 12 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic - The Kelduo



Kirby, his allies, and a villain are accidentally teleported to Equestria. Will the Star Allies find a way home? Will they prevent Hyness from ruling over Equestria?

  • ...
3
 12
 2,531

Chapter 25: Let's Go-Yo!

Twilight gave me a mission: to bring my yo-yo skills to their maximum levels. I decided to set off on a yo-yo journey, looking for the best of the best to train me in the art of yo-yo-jitsu. Except... ponies have hooves, and likely aren't good at yo-yos. Perhaps Twilight Sparkle would know someone who is good at yo-yo throwing. Therefore, I returned to the castle.

"Twilight, I'm in need of your advice. I don't know if there's anyone who can help me with my yo-yo skills."

Twilight and Spike were looking at a hologram of Hyness, projected from Roborygon's antenna. Twilight looked over to me. "I'd be glad to help, Gim, but I'm not very familiar with the concept of yo-yos. At least, I haven't seen one before."

I asked Roborygon, "Do yo-yos even exist here?"

He replied, "I have no data to confirm whether they exist. For now, we'll just suppose they don't." How depressing for a bot like me.

Twilight got out a piece of paper and a feather. "Can you tell me what a yo-yo does, Gim? It looks interesting."

My optical lens brightened. "I'd be glad to, Twilight! A yo-yo is a toy that spins on a string. Making it go up and down is the thing! Give it a fling then a flick of your wrist, and it'll come back to you. What a twist!"

Twilight stared at me. "Do you think you could tell me without rapping? That kind of threw me off."

"Oh, sorry. I just got a bit excited. Let me try again: A yo-yo is a toy made of two short cylinders connected by an axle and wound up by a string. One end of the string is attached to the yo-yo, while the other is looped around the user's finger. When you flick the yo-yo out like this, it unwinds and goes in the direction that you flicked it. As soon as it reaches the end of the string, you flick your wrist back like this to make it rebound and wind back towards you again. Here's a little info for your science side: It utilizes the law of inertia!"

"Of course! An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside force! I really would like to try using a yo-yo, but I don't have fingers. Maybe Spike can help you train?"

Spike said, "Well, I have claws. Will that do?"

I replied, "They sure will, Spike. I'd offer you a yo-yo, but I only have this one. I'm sorry, but it isn't like I can just conjure up a yo-yo for you."

Then the strange thing from the train came in through another Door. "Did you forget about me?"

"Oh, right. You. Discord, was it? You gotta make a yo-yo for Spike to use. And remember, not a huge one, or one that will throw itself, or one that laughs when it is thrown, or any other strange quirks."

"You're no fun." Discord snapped his fingers and made a yo-yo appear out of thin air. It was perfect: the right size, the right shape, no weird noises coming from it, nothing strange. "Here you go, Spike. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some chaos to attend to." This time, Discord rode away on a purple diamond. Way to rip off Kirby's Warp Star, Discord.

I turned my attention back to Spike, who was getting tangled up in his yo-yo's string. I sighed, "I might have to teach you how to be a yo-yo-using bro before you train me."

Author's Note:

Next, we'll see what Meta Knight and the others make of what's going on.