• Published 11th May 2019
  • 2,548 Views, 12 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic - The Kelduo



Kirby, his allies, and a villain are accidentally teleported to Equestria. Will the Star Allies find a way home? Will they prevent Hyness from ruling over Equestria?

  • ...
3
 12
 2,548

Chapter 21: Direct Research

Author's Note:

Prepare to see the more mischievous side of Kirby. 😈 You have been warned.

Should've seen that coming. I was teleported to Twilight's castle so she could research me. I wondered what she was going to do...

"Okay, the field study didn't go quite as planned. Now it's time for hooves-on research!" Twilight used her magic to force my mouth open, only to be surprised by what was within. "...Is this a stomach or a whole universe?!" A lot of people would mistake my stomach for a universe if they didn't know much about me. "I mean, I can see all the apples you ate back at Sweet Apple Acres! And is that a tree with a face!?" She saw Flowery Woods, I'm sure of it. "A bunch of blocks with star symbols on them!?" Star Blocks, I'm not sure why they're found in my path, because I can easily take care of them. "WALKING BOMBS!?" Bombers. THUD! That makes the third time Twilight's passed out on me since I came to Equestria.

Better wake her up early so she can finish her research... hopefully. I looked around for something to wake her up. Let's see... there's Spike, a feather duster, a lot of books--aha! I've got it! I put on my Splash Sword hat and looked at Spike.

Spike nodded. "Do it."

I prepared my sword and rushed at the books.

Just then... "NO!" Twilight came to and pulled me away from the books. "What were you thinking?"

Spike replied, "He was just trying to wake you, Twilight. Apparently he knows how much you love books."

"And how would he know that?"

I pointed at the huge bookshelf around the room.

"Okay, but why should I believe that he was just trying to wake me?"

My Cell Phone rang. Saved by the ring! Roborygon was calling. "Kirby, there's a problem. All you need to know is that we need a way to recognize each other, like how Twilight and Cadance do." I thought of the Chrysalis-Cadance incident when he brought that up, and Twilight seemed to as well. The bad guys must be planning to turn into me or my friends! "Where should we rendezvous?"

I replied, "Here, Twi Castle!"

"Very well. I will contact the others so we can meet there. Be careful, Kirby!" Click!

Twilight looked at me with narrow eyes. "I guess I'll let it slide this time. After all, there's still the threat of Queen Chrysalis and Hyness, and you seem to know the two pretty well. Research will have to wait."

Spike asked, "But what will we do while we wait for the others?"

Good question, Spike. What can we do that isn't research but will still be useful? We could have a sparring match, but that might destroy Twilight's castle. I could read one of Twilight's books, but I already know a ton about Equestria. What to do, what to do... "Play!"

Twilight said, "I guess we can play. It might improve our motor skills or allow me to better understand you. What do you want to play, Kirby?"

Hmm... "Chase!"

"You want me to chase you?"

"Yeah!" I put on my Wing outfit.

Twilight put on a determined grin. "Okay, but be warned. I've done a lot of chasing with Flurry Heart, so I'm sure it won't be much different with you."

I would go on to prove her completely wrong. Twilight chased me through the castle corridors, the library, her room, and eventually outside where we each had an advantage, both of us able to freely fly around. No matter how she flew, she couldn't catch up to me. I was doing all sorts of stunts, like Condor Dive and Shuttle Loop.

"Let's see how you handle this!" Twilight teleported right in front of me.

"Dive Bomb!" I did a loop-de-loop and tackled Twilight, knocking both of us to the ground. I have to admit, Twilight's pretty smart and tough, but has her training with Flurry Heart prepared her for this? Time for some real fun with the Wing Ability: Tickle war! I shot my Feather Guns at Twilight's hooves, and it seemed to be pretty effective.

"Why, you little beast!" Twilight was about to break into laughter, which was a good sign. That would attract Pinkie Pie, and all three of us would have fun together.

"Are we missing out on something?"

Twilight and I turned and saw my metal pals. "Roborygon and Gim?"

Roborygon's eyes turned mean. "A tickle war? Oh, I've got to record this! Pummeler would just love what I suppose will eventually happen! I'm coming in for a close-up!"

Twilight dropped her guard, the perfect time to strike. I quickly stuck a feather up Twilight's right nostril. "What the--"

Roborygon exclaimed, "Called it!"

I slowly rubbed the feather along her nostril's walls. "Stop it, you're making me..." Twilight began to laugh. Not quite the response I expected.

Pinkie Pie bounced into view. "Hi, what's going on? Ooh, a tickle war! I wanna join!" She bounced closer, but she seemed kind of unsure. "If you're trying to make Twilight sneeze or something, it's not gonna happen. She's unsneezable!"

"Poyo?"

"You didn't know? I thought you knew ALL about Equestria!"

Keeping his eyes on Twilight, Roborygon replied, "You're mistaken. I'm the one who knows all about Equestria. Also, even if Twilight has never sneezed before, that doesn't mean she can't. And while we're talking about sneezes, Kirby's annisneeziversary is on April 27th. That's his anniversary both for beating his first bad guy and for his first sneeze."

"Ooh! I bet it must have been strong enough to knock all the stars outta the sky and make two fall right on his head!"

"That's right. Mark that date on your calendar, Pinkie Pie."

Twilight interrupted, "So, are you going to take the feather out or what? My nose is kind of itchy."

I decided to let the poor alicorn go and take care of her itchy muzzle, because the rest of my friends arrived. "Well, that was anticlimactic, yo."


"Can ya believe it, Meta Knight? Twilight the Unsneezable!"

"I have to admit, that's a pretty useful trait, King Dedede. She wouldn't have to worry about revealing herself in stealthy missions, or risk letting go of everything she was holding."