• Published 11th May 2019
  • 2,548 Views, 12 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic - The Kelduo



Kirby, his allies, and a villain are accidentally teleported to Equestria. Will the Star Allies find a way home? Will they prevent Hyness from ruling over Equestria?

  • ...
3
 12
 2,548

Chapter 19: Rock-Solid Resolve

I was living the dream. Rocks. Stones. Pebbles. All around me were these dull wonders of nature. And then there was the largest, most amazing stone I had ever seen. It appeared important, because it was being proudly displayed on a raised area. Finally, a place where rocks are praised.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" A mare with a bluish-gray coat and gray mane stood before me, staring me down. "Well, are you gonna answer me?"

I responded by looking at my surroundings.

"Are you even listening to me? Answer me!"

A rather shy-looking gray mare tapped the other mare on the shoulder, imitating sealing her lips shut.

"Okay, so apparently you can't talk, but can you at least find some way to tell us why you're here?"

I thought for a moment before shrugging. I didn't know what to turn into in order to explain how I got here.

"Then get out of here, stupid rock!"

"Thou shalt not call a rock of any kind stupid!" An amber stallion wearing a black fedora and a gray mare with an opal-gray mane came into view. The stallion continued, "While this rock may not be from these parts, perhaps it came to make peace with us."

I nodded and did the closest thing I could do to bowing.

"What might your name be, strange rock?" This again? This would be a long day... "Ah, a wise decision, being slow of tongue." He perfectly described my personality: slow, calm, thoughtful. "My name is Igneous Rock of the Pie clan. This is my wife, Cloudy Quartz. The pony that verbally assaulted you is Limestone, and the timid one is Marble."

I had an idea: I stomped on certain parts of the ground, pushing them further in, until the engravings spelled out my name.

"Rocky is your name, then? 'Tis a pleasure to meet you, Rocky." Igneous Rock shook my foot.

A green unicorn came down on some sort of musical road. "My sincerest apologies, Igneous Rock, but I must borrow Rocky for a moment." She pulled me to the side. "It's me, Meloetta. I need your help to send a message to Roborygon: Hyness and Queen Chrysalis have hatched a plan involving Kirby's friends, and we need to build a strategy."

I believed the unicorn, and so I transformed into a silver statue of Kirby with the Ultra Sword Super Ability, with a fish in his hand. The unicorn took a small rock from a nearby mine shaft and rhythmically struck me with it, creating sparks with each tap. Morse code: even rocks use it.