• Published 9th May 2019
  • 273 Views, 5 Comments

The Adventure of Harmony - epiccuttlefish



Six ponies, brought together by fate, must go on a journey throughout Equestria to find the lost Elements of Harmony in order to defeat the evil King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
 5
 273

In-Universe Timeline

Author's Note:

To avoid spoilers, this chapter only contains major events prior to the start of the story.

June, 0 NMMR (Nightmare Moon's Reign): Nightmare Moon returns. The Mane Six fail to realize the truth of the Elements after Nightmare Moon destroys their physical forms. Nightmare Moon, confident in her victory, allows them to leave with the fragments of the Elements.

November, 0 NMMR: Queen Chrysalis, driven by the threat of starvation, increase the number of love harvesters she sends into Equestria, resulting in Nightmare Moon discovering her and her hive. Recognizing their abilities, Nightmare Moon offers her a choice: Join her and act as her secret police, or die. Chrysalis accepts. As a reward, Nightmare Moon provides them with a near-limitless food supply: Ex-Princess Cadance.

March, 1 NMMR: The Crystal Empire returns. Faced with no outside influence, King Sombra quickly reclaims the throne.

April, 1 NMMR: First meeting between Sombra and Nightmare Moon. They start to fall in love.

October, 2 NMMR: An agreement is reached between King Sombra and Nightmare Moon, having the Crystal Heart moved to Queen Chrysalis's hive, both making King Sombra's best-known weakness much harder to access and providing Chrysalis's hive with a much larger food supply.

June, 4 NMMR: Nightmare Moon and King Sombra get married.

August, 5 NMMR: The Mane Six discover that the Elements were inside them all along, causing the fragments of the Elements to reform into new Elements. They promptly attempt to use the re-formed Elements to defeat King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon, but they are stopped by Queen Chrysalis. Twilight manages to teleport her friends and their Elements to safety, but is unable to escape herself. King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon place her in stasis to prevent the Element of Magic from choosing a new Bearer.

January, 9 NMMR: Queen Nightmare Moon declares a new calendar: years are now defined in relation to the beginning of her reign.

December, 17 NMMR: After many failed attempts to rescue Twilight, the remaining Bearers decide to hide their Elements and devise tests to ensure that only future Bearers can retrieve the Elements.

August, 23 NMMR: Changeling Queen Antennae is killed by forces under Queen Chrysalis's command, leaving Chrysalis as the only known living Royal Changeling.

July, 27 NMMR: The tests and traps that the five remaining Bearers and their allies devised to protect the Elements are finally completed and the Elements are hidden away.

September, 39 NMMR: Moondancer is named Archmage.

April, 50 NMMR: After a particularly successful attempt to kill King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon, they decide to have an heir.

May, 50 NMMR: King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon begin the process of producing an heir, recycling Twilight's soul (chosen for her magical prowess), and using dark magic to further enhance their still-unborn child's magical powers.

June, 51 NMMR: Crown Princess Nyx, daughter of King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon, is born.

January, 53 NMMR: Princess Amaryllis, daughter of Queen Chrysalis (and the only other known living Royal Changeling) hatches.

September, 60 NMMR: Dusk Wing's village is destroyed by the forces of King Sombra and Queen Nightmare Moon.

January, 78 NMMR: This story begins.