• Published 11th May 2019
  • 459 Views, 3 Comments

daring do and the griffons goblet - daring do biggest fan



the second book in the daring do series

  • ...
 3
 459

chapter 2 thoughts

"You know the importance of your mission?" Raven hoof asked. He was about to leave daring's house and go back to the museum.

"I do, thank you for stopping by, Raven hoof." daring said

"Ok, i hope next time i visit we can have a nice chat with a cup of cocoa." Raven hoof said "Until next time!" he said and closed the door.

Daring do trotted back and forth. If she went she could be out for years looking for this which is a down side, but then if she found the goblet it would be well worth it. She could run out of food and water and not make the long fly home and be stuck in the wilderness for the rest of her life.

What was daring going to do??????

The more she thought about it the more cons came to mind.

She could be stranded forever, or be attacked by timberwolves, or lose her map and never get to sit in he green chair again.

She decided to think logically.

"Time for some research." daring said stretching.

She trotted over to her bookshelf and took out a fat book that read 'pony history G-H'

"Raven hoof would probably kill me for jumping ahead but i have no choice...." Daring said opening up the book.

About three hours had passed and she was still reading all about griffon history. Tharous' sons name was tight quill, he might not have been big and strong but he was the true heir to the throne. They say that tight quill was a smart griffon, but his father was only interested in a strong ruler.

"Brawn over brains i guess" daring said to herself. She kept reading and one part caught her eye:

Tight quill was said to be a very smart griffon. he was old enough to be heir to the throne but his father saw otherwise. His father saw that he was not a noble ruler, for he had a short temper and was not very honest.

"So that's why the king made the rule! not how strong he was but how noble he was." daring do said closing the book.

she put it back up on the shelf because it was getting very late.

she trotted over to her room and got in bed but she couldn't sleep.

she thought about the mission more and more tossing and turning.

A liar and someone who isn't noble wouldn't make a good king. she thought, but then... where is tight quill?

With those words daring dozed off to sleep.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Daring do was finally in griffon stone! after 9 months of trying to find the goblet and the 3 months of getting it back to griffon stone, it was finally time to give it to the king!

Daring do walked up the stone stairs and to the center of town looking for the griffon she needed.

She needed a black griffon with a blue tail.

All of the sudden she saw him! He was walking into a tall building.

Daring do raced over to him, she opened the door.

It was dark, she could barely see her own two hooves in front of her muzzle.

"Um hello? i'm daring do i'm here to see a black griffon!" she yelled into the darkness. She didn't know if any creature heard her she didn't even know if she heard herself.

"We've been expecting you........" a voice said. Daring didn't know whose it was, as far as she was concerned it belonged to the darkness.

"Who are you?" daring asked looking around

"I am....... " the voice said stepping into the light "....... who you're looking for...."

It was the black griffon!

"Oh good!" daring do said breathing a sigh of relief "listen, i need to talk to you"

"Talk away......." the griffon answered "i'm listening......."

"Oh!" daring do said remembering why she came "i found the griffon's goblet!" she said holding up the cup.
it had a red lightning bolt on the handle.

"Oh yes! i knew you would find it...." the griffon said. Daring just realized that the griffon had been walking around her since he first stepped out into the light.

"How did you know i was looking for it?" daring do said.

"We know a lot of things......" the griffon said staring her down.

"......We?" daring do asked. Just then 10 ponies, griffons, and dragons came down from the ceiling. They covered her mouth and held her down.

"We are 'the rightful king protectors' " the black griffon said. "We know your dealings with......" the griffon shuddered. "Tharous........" all the creatures holding daring do gasped once he said the name.

Daring do struggled to talk but it was muffled by the creature's claw.

"Let her speak Gailo" the black griffon said looking at the creature. Just like that the claw was removed from daring's mouth.

"I don't have any dealings with Tharous!" daring do pleaded "I've never even met him!"

"THATS ENOUGH!" the black griffon said. "DON'T LIE TO ME"

"I'm not! you have to listen to me!" daring do said trying to get out of the grasp of the black griffon's helpers.

"We know what you did!" the griffon said getting way too close so that personal space never even mattered anymore.

"What did i do?!?!?" daring do said

"You know what you did...." the griffon said angry "unless you forgot what you did.... which would make me FURIOUS!" the griffon said.

"Humor me....." daring do said looking at him dead in the eye.

"Before Tharous stepped down he gave you the goblet and set out for thirty days to make it seem like he hid it, but really he gave it to you so that when you were ready you could go and claim the throne so that Tight quill would NEVER be king. But us........ we knew you took the goblet we know what you did..."


"But i just found the goblet after nine months!"

"BE QUIET!" the black griffon yelled "send her to the dungeon, get comfortable pony, you'll be there for 12 years."

"No please! you have to listen to me!" daring do yelled

"ENOUGH!" daring do heard from the sky. What looked like a pony was flying down from the sky, daring was surprised to see that it was........Luna?

"Daring! you must go and find the goblet, this is but a nightmare!" Luna said to her

"Silence pony!" the black griffon said "keep her back!" he ordered and 3 ponies held down luna "get this to the king." the griffon said holding up the goblet, 5 griffons took it and left the room.

"Daring do, you must wake up. This is what will become of griffon stone if you do not go!" Luna said. "WAKE!" she held up her hoof and all of the sudden daring was looking at the ceiling of her bedroom.

She quickly sat up and looked around the room for the black griffon, but he wasn't there.

She remebered her dream. Luna. The black griffon........ She knew what she must do.